UnevenEdge

IPB Upgrade Discussion

I've noticed there is a time limit on post editing, is there a way to adjust that?

I checked the handy IPB guides page and found nothing as of yet on that.

ViperXMNOU812, BBCode should work instead of dragging and dropping.

There is also an icon at the end of the GE, next to the size dropdown which is the post preview, on PC at least. Not sure about mobile.

It looks like a page with a magnifier on it.

702c3a064ee3ada3082165ba76adfb3a.jpg

Edited by Ginguy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mewn said:

Hahaha, it's funny when I see my old posts and they still have the original format I posted them in. 

Getting use to this.

Customizing your own profile is nifty.

As soon as I returned tonight, I noticed that UEMB looks somewhat similar to ASMB before it was officially shut down 2 days before Christmas Eve last year. I still have yet to learn how to work this board and my account settings.

So I guess you can enable spoilers with this software... somehow. I would assume it has something to do with collapsing quotes, and maybe changing the banner to something different. They probably have a special setting for that. Here's what I copied over from my thread:

Hide contents

Alas, this text is too goddamn hard to read. :ph34r:

Edited by Blatch
LOL

Why is it that we are restricted from sending messages because our inbox is full? Also, I have been deleting messages from my inbox (or at least that's what I thought I was doing) for the last hour and it still says my inbox is full.

Am I not seeing the actual trash can page or something? I asked because the trash can appears, while checking and supposedly deleting messages yet it still says my inbox is full.

Edited by PurgatoryGirl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I've noticed there is a time limit on post editing, is there a way to adjust that?

I checked the handy IPB guides page and found nothing as of yet on that.

ViperXMNOU812, BBCode should work instead of dragging and dropping.

There is also an icon at the end of the GE, next to the size dropdown which is the post preview, on PC at least. Not sure about mobile.

It looks like a page with a magnifier on it.

702c3a064ee3ada3082165ba76adfb3a.jpg

Oooo BBCode then! okeh, much better, getting my verdana back <_<

I can't write anything in a new window, I can't put in spoiler tags or embed images the way I used to, I can't edit anything whenever I please, I can't even manage the amount of space between lines of text... Not to mention that fact that no one warned me this update was even going to happen outside of I assume the actual site folder.

Face it: this update sucks, and I'm actually worse off because of it.

29 minutes ago, Misaka said:

@Adminderaptorpat already said he would rather open it up and let us in and not have us wait for another couple of days for setting up the controls

Oh, this was something I missed. So, this is still the test stage? I hope so because I can't send a PM, if I really needed to by it saying my inbox is full. I've never had problems or restrictions sending messages until now. I've never had problems deleting messages either.

Thanks! Before New Year's Day, I got off to a rough start and had to go to the ER for an injury. Luckily, it was nothing too serious. Since New Year's Eve, I never know how the day will go. It's like a new problem each day, besides someone always wanting and needing something.

Aside from that, how did your birthday go?:)

52 minutes ago, Kudasai said:

Sorry to hear that :(

17586950_1749408802036379_88280944155086

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Thanks! Before New Year's Day, I got off to a rough start and had to go to the ER for an injury. Luckily, it was nothing too serious. Since New Year's Eve, I never know how the day will go. It's like a new problem each day, besides someone always wanting and needing something.

Aside from that, how did your birthday go?:)

It was nothing special. I worked during the day stayed home and chilled when I got off.

43 minutes ago, Cille said:

Is there a way to see threads I've posted in that have unread posts?

If a thread has a star to the left of it then you've posted in it.

If a thread name is slightly more bold than the rest then that means there are new posts in it.

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

How does one obtain the ability to react to more than 5 posts a day, this blows, I wanna button smash as much as I wanna.

DON'T RESTRICT MY NONCREATIVITY

THIS ^ 

I wanna stalker react to posts with unlimited ability D:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CAC said:

If a thread has a star to the left of it then you've posted in it.

If a thread name is slightly more bold than the rest then that means there are new posts in it.

So there isn't just one thing I can click on without having to scroll through thread lists looking for stars and slight bolding?

That would be a good thing to add for the folks who are adding things. Especially since we had it on the previous iteration.

1 minute ago, Mewn said:

Aw snapz, you and still_me have the same problem, I wonder why it allows some people to upload a cover photo but not others.

Last night, I had the same problem but I'm not too worked up about it. At least I was able to upload my avatar again, even though I don't know why it wasn't saved during the conversion.

2 minutes ago, PurgatoryGirl said:

Last night, I had the same problem but I'm not too worked up about it. At least I was able to upload my avatar again, even though I don't know why it wasn't saved during the conversion.

Yeah, I noticed that, I ended up reuploading mine too, but that wasn't too bad. The cover photo thing is odd, tho, it should work for everyone. I wonder if it has to do with the browser? I'm on chrome, what are y'all on?