UnevenEdge

-

Guest poof

Those commercials almost got me, I almost bought the machine, it was like 200 bucks, which isn't a lot of money but it's enough money where if I spend that kinda money I don't wanna get disappointed that every cup of coffee doesn't make me think I'm seeing and banging George Clooney, so I didn't pull the trigger.

I wan try sum. Isnt it expensive?

I didn't try Nespresso.  I'd guess it just NESCAFÉ CAFÉ VIỆT in an Americanized package.  That's not terribly expensive, just a little more than regular instant coffee and when you buy it in the right stores, it comes with a free 600 ml spill resistant cup.

Hmmmm

Maybe?

I really dont know anything about them.

It's a coffee machine with pods but it makes espresso and shit, some even froth milk for caps and lattes

One day I'm gonna give in and get this or the ninja espresso bar

I'm so weak ::D::

I didn't try Nespresso.  I'd guess it just NESCAFÉ CAFÉ VIỆT in an Americanized package.  That's not terribly expensive, just a little more than regular instant coffee and when you buy it in the right stores, it comes with a free 600 ml spill resistant cup.

The coffee machine, not those crappy, presweetened and milkified instant coffee  jump offs

It's a coffee machine with pods but it makes espresso and shit, some even froth milk for caps and lattes

Hmm that's kinda cool I guess, my coffee thing doesn't do that. And I like those "fancy" coffees that cost like 5 bucks at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.

The coffee machine, not those crappy, presweetened and milkified instant coffee  jump offs

Oh... you mean one of the convoluted Rube Goldberg contraptions that have so many people paying thirty dollars a pound for coffee.  When I make fresh coffee at home, I'm usually fiddling with a French press or something like this: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/epoca-3-cup-stovetop-espresso-maker/1010665957?skuId=10665957&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_coffeetea_&product_id=10665957&adpos=1o2&creative=43742633389&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CN6A0uynidQCFUqUfgodFlUAkw

Instant coffee is on the menu some times, but that's just a convenience thing when I'm away from home and don't have access to a stove.

They are neat commercials, but I find that I've been more satisfied with my coffee when I put it through a French press. I mostly use a Keurig machine to fill up a reusable K-cup with my coffee of choice,  but I've been finding that it loses its bite somewhere between the machine and the cup. Not sure if Nespresso falls into these pitfalls, but I think my next step with coffee will involve something more along the lines of pour-over or slow drip.

I wan try sum. Isnt it expensive?

you could just buy a small espresso pot and make it yourself, they range in price from 10-20 dollars, and it is actually less complicated than a typical american coffee maker. You fill one compartment with espresso, one with water, twist it shut, put it on the stove, and wait until the top part fills with coffee.

I've been doing it since I was a child.

you could just buy a small espresso pot and make it yourself, they range in price from 10-20 dollars, and it is actually less complicated than a typical american coffee maker. You fill one compartment with espresso, one with water, twist it shut, put it on the stove, and wait until the top part fills with coffee.

I've been doing it since I was a child.

Also, the stove has to be on its lowest setting when you don't want espresso on the ceiling.

Also, the stove has to be on its lowest setting when you don't want espresso on the ceiling.

gas or electric? I use the latter and provided I am attentive the highest setting works fine. the trick is to shut it off when the coffee fills the pot halfway. usually takes about 10 minutes. I rarely burn it that way, I hate burned espresso, it is the grossest taste imaginable.

This is the kind of pot I use, and advocate.

15194916?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

and this is my favorite brand of espresso

classico.jpg