UnevenEdge

i broke my feet

discolé monade

feels like both heels have the bone coming through.

since the left one started first, i was babying it, then i pulled my hamstring, and it bruised all the way down to the back of my knee, well...while babying all of that, my right foot started the PF shit, and now i do believe i have stress fractures. 

i'll let you know monday. got an appointment, and pretty damn quick too. so that's good. 

i fucking LOATHE getting old. it's not fair. i'm too young to feel this old. damn service related shit. 

and i keep hurting my own feelings getting old. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

feels like both heels have the bone coming through.

since the left one started first, i was babying it, then i pulled my hamstring, and it bruised all the way down to the back of my knee, well...while babying all of that, my right foot started the PF shit, and now i do believe i have stress fractures. 

i'll let you know monday. got an appointment, and pretty damn quick too. so that's good. 

i fucking LOATHE getting old. it's not fair. i'm too young to feel this old. damn service related shit. 

and i keep hurting my own feelings getting old. 

I hope the appointment goes well and you get something that can help the pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Have you considered orthotics?  Having that incredibly high arch must require a lot more support.

well,  we're going to see after this 1.5 weeks. i will do the prescribed stretches, and just continue upper body work outs. 

i have some from the v.a., but doc says i may need custom made. 

strange that some of us can walk on shoes like that.  ; ]

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Well, it’s no joke the kind of injuries Marines endure.  A guy who’s about my age is helping me out and has ligament damage in both his knees just from the wear and tear of marching.

oh yeah. my right knee is just waiting for the right moment. 

i almost didn't make it out of MOS school. but i literally 'tapped danced' in docs office to get off that base. happened during a 20 mile forced march. 

blew it out again during a 5k all base run, running 'indian sprints' to the top of the squad. 

and then working that pole.....

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

Stg....Love scoob to death but sometimes I'm just convinced he isn't from this planet. Play thru the pain was a Gen X staple 

No idea what you’re talking about.  I’m just saying 40 something Marines probably shouldn’t have torn ligaments in both knees.  Playing through pain is fine, but most athletes don’t have the VA for sports medicine.

• Thanks 1

so, left foot is healing, but i have some numbness in both 2nd toes. that will eventually fade as i keep doing the excercises, 

the right foot needed a shot, the needle was 6 inches.

doc said, as he sprayed the stuff, 'this will feel cold, and then you wil...and i didn't hear the rest because  JAB!, 

i jumped, he said 'you moved'

i said sorry,

he said 'i said they'll be a little prick', as he shoved the needle into the side of my heel toward the bottom, 

and i said. 

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID, as i gritted my teeth. 

foot feels great. 

Edited by discolé monade
fixed SO YOU CAN SEE THE ACTUAL JOKE. and YES I SAID THAT TO HIM. UGH.
  • Like 4

i plan on aging as graceful as my unfiltered, foul mouth, will allow me. 

it's SO freeing. 

like today. some what are they gen z? just now driving gen. comes UP the wrong way in the parking lot, to back into the spot. 

and older dude is making sure not to get hit. so....i stop right in fron the the schlub parking, roll down my window and as loud as possible to the older dude.

'are you seeing this? you're a boomer, i'm a gen x'r and that guy is an asshole. 

old dude chuckling. fraternity bro, TRYING to stare me down....i unbuckle, right there in the middle of the lane, frat bro moves on...quickly.

i look at boomer dude. 'some peoples kids...amirite'. 

old dude - i don't even know when it all went to shit. 

lol

also, i THINK i look extremely intimidating, lol. 

i don't, but i think i do. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i plan on aging as graceful as my unfiltered, foul mouth, will allow me. 

it's SO freeing. 

like today. some what are they gen z? just now driving gen. comes UP the wrong way in the parking lot, to back into the spot. 

and older dude is making sure not to get hit. so....i stop right in fron the the schlub parking, roll down my window and as loud as possible to the older dude.

'are you seeing this? you're a boomer, i'm a gen x'r and that guy is an asshole. 

old dude chuckling. fraternity bro, TRYING to stare me down....i unbuckle, right there in the middle of the lane, frat bro moves on...quickly.

i look at boomer dude. 'some peoples kids...amirite'. 

old dude - i don't even know when it all went to shit. 

lol

also, i THINK i look extremely intimidating, lol. 

i don't, but i think i do. 

I'm liking that the older generation has moved on from millennials to Gen Z to talk about ruining everything.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

ok. well, what started as the left foot being a dick, has now turned the right foot against the entire system. 

2 weeks ago, i got a 6 inch needle shoved into the right heel, so i could walk. that day, and part of the next SO MUCH pain...but then none..i could jog, i can walk, i can  workout. 

apparently i had an appt, wed. (for another shot? or? ) and completely forgot about it. *animal crisis*

that night, i was dumping into the compost, and mid comes running out *RUN!*  (we trick the boy, and play hide and seek while he's inside, scrambling to find his shoes and flashlight)

anyway, i turned, not to run, just to get behind the grape bushes, and i felt and heard a pop, and dropped to the ground...

here comes the boy, i'm not in terrible pain, as i'm no longer standing...so i just lay there, with this fucking goofy fucking grin *in case he finds me* 

MY GOD he's going to make an excellent storm trooper. he walks off to look for dad. 

meanwhile, my cat ryuk, is meowing and chirping, and pretty much lol'ing at me as i'm on all fours trying to get up. 

so today....3 toes (pinky-middle) are numb, the entire right side, heel are numb, as well as in pain...if that makes sense 

and slowly working up the calf.  i got it up now, and i will have to use one of the old man's canes. and i'm praying they didn't drop me as a patient. 

just don't ignore foot pain. it is no fucking joke. 

OH....and i have some boots i wanted to wear, i got on sale last year. JUST tried them on tuesday.

3 inch heel...black suede, with a cute silver circle. i'm a little sad, because i don't know if i'll ever be able to wear them. 

tl:dr FUCKING OUCH. 

• Sad 5

On 11/24/2023 at 2:52 PM, discolé monade said:

just don't ignore foot pain. it is no fucking joke. 

OH....and i have some boots i wanted to wear, i got on sale last year. JUST tried them on tuesday.

3 inch heel...black suede, with a cute silver circle. i'm a little sad, because i don't know if i'll ever be able to wear them. 

Okay, had to think about this.

Depending on how you are about big purses/bags [ I'm all for them because I need to travel with the ability to hide a small child immediately for no damn good reason ] and how big the cool shoes are, take the cool shoes with you in your purse and wear slip on ballet flat type things for the outside walking. When you get to the place you are going to be for awhile and where you'll be able to sit more than stand, switch out the flats for the fancy and pop the flats in one of those shoe bags so they don't schmutz up the purse. If anyone says anything, you can tell them you are experimenting with the Japanese practice of indoor/outdoor shoes. Technically it would be the other way around in Japan [ shoes outside, slipper type inside ] but the concept is roughly the same as far as this scenario is concerned - no 'outside shoes' inside. You'll be able to wear the fancy ones in a way that hopefully won't cause your foot pain to flair up unnecessarily and you won't have to go into any details about your feet issues if you don't want to.