UnevenEdge

Adultswim worest show ever

ghostrek

13 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Awful then, still awful now. I really don't dislike Tim and Eric as much as I did then, but I still don't like them that much.

I thought Tom Goes to the Mayor was rather funny. Tim and Eric's Awesome Show Great Job was the one I couldn't stand.

Also, Pilot Candidate was horrid! I would say Saved By the Bell, but that was a show I enjoyed as a kid. But on [adult swim], however? Nah.

I don’t have a dead set worst of the worst. Most of the shows I don’t click with, I just won’t watch at all. Nonetheless, I’ll try to oblige.

I’ve seen a small portion of people praise Minoriteam for the art. Mind you that I believe 12 oz. Mouse is one of the best things they ever put out, so my opinion could very well be void. But yeah, Minoriteam looked fucking repulsive. Whether any of the racial humor sticks with you at all, most of the time it just looks and sounds bad.

At least Ozmo went on to do interesting things. Once you’ve seen a couple or a few Minoriteam episodes, you’ve seen them all.

Fat Guy Stuck in Internet: I wanted to like that, and it still captured a decent cult following. I just don’t think it lived up to the bodacity of the name. Didn’t find it all that funny. I think it’s among the most underwhelming things they ever aired, maybe I’ll change my mind someday.

MDE World Peace: Around this time, ATHF ending made me turn away from Adult Swim for quite awhile, plus I dumped cable in 2016. I completely missed the strife most felt between the backlash from this show and further controversy at [as] surrounding women at the work place.

All the nasty shit I’ve heard behind the scenes about this one show, it’s remarkable how World Peace just had nothing to say. Nothing to really make me laugh at all.

I’ve heard MDE got millions in ratings, I’ve heard it caused complete turmoil within Williams Street (Hyde claimed a Valentina Tapia got fired for attempting to tamper with their footage at their editing suite + marketing hated them and refused to cooperate), all the nazi coding that S&P apparently removed.... and I just can’t remember any point in time where the show was actually funny.

There could probably be a decent exposé on all the things that actually went down, but we’ll most likely never get that. The most interesting thing of that entire shitty show was the behind the scenes backlash.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 1

None of you mentioned Minoriteam?  Tom was divisive at best, the live action shows weren’t good, but Minoriteam is one of the only shows (along with the much more controversial Million Dollar Extreme) that Adult Swim flat out erased from their history.  The only home release was a 2012 DVD collection in Region 4 (Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean) as part of the “Adult Swim Grab Bag” and it has otherwise been wiped from the face of the internet.

Tom, Assy, NTSF, none of these shows were so embarrassing they were erased in an attempt to protect the guilty party that created them.

Edited by Jman
  • Thanks 1

Minoriteam was just a poor attempt at edgelord humor - look at these heroes who are just the absolute worst caricatures of stereotypes and cringe along with us! Naw, I'll watch something else. 

But the worst show ever was TGttM. Pure shit and I'll tell you why - I feel like that particular show led to the influx of shitty live-action shows that took over for awhile and that absolutely includes Awesome Show and Eric Andre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Minoriteam was just a poor attempt at edgelord humor - look at these heroes who are just the absolute worst caricatures of stereotypes and cringe along with us! Naw, I'll watch something else. 

But the worst show ever was TGttM. Pure shit and I'll tell you why - I feel like that particular show led to the influx of shitty live-action shows that took over for awhile and that absolutely includes Awesome Show and Eric Andre. 

I was completely with you until you said Eric Andre. I actually think he's funny. I really don't like his character on Disenchantment, but that show in general is weak anyway.

6 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I was completely with you until you said Eric Andre. I actually think he's funny. I really don't like his character on Disenchantment, but that show in general is weak anyway.

It's to each their own but as far as I can see, Andre is the same thing as Awesome Show just with a more 'focused' theme of talk show as opposed to channel surfing after midnight. Its basically a show about being cringy, being loud, and being stupid for the shock value. 

1 hour ago, Jman said:

None of you mentioned Minoriteam?  Tom was divisive at best, the live action shows weren’t good, but Minoriteam is one of the only shows (along with the much more controversial Million Dollar Extreme) that Adult Swim flat out erased from their history.  The only home release was a 2012 DVD collection in Region 4 (Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean) as part of the “Adult Swim Grab Bag” and it has otherwise been wiped from the face of the internet.

Tom, Assy, NTSF, none of these shows were so embarrassing they were erased in an attempt to protect the guilty party that created them.

Search deeper i I found episodes on Dailymotion

I'm going to say The Rising Son, because it only had three episodes way late at night, I remember it being really bad, and also when I looked it up on iMDB I'm pretty sure the profile picture they have for this series is actually the title card for an episode of El Tigre. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Seight said:

I'm going to say The Rising Son, because it only had three episodes way late at night, I remember it being really bad, and also when I looked it up on iMDB I'm pretty sure the profile picture they have for this series is actually the title card for an episode of El Tigre. 

I actually used to like it. It would come on when I was gooooooood and drunk.

I can't tell you a thing that happened on it, but I remember getting up to piss so I didn't miss it....

God, I was a mess

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, tsar4 said:

There have been a lot of comedy shows on tv that I didn't like, but they grew on me (Ab Fab, for example).  But I have not been able to find anything of value in any of T&E's shows.

We did get Bob Odenkirk out of it.

Ok, as much as I hate TandE and everything they did, I really hated that time when AS bought a bunch of British/overseas shit...check it out, mighty boosh....I seem to remember some hospital show (not children's hospital) that was either pakistanish or some shit. 

I guess I'm saying I didn't care for their international acquisitions 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 10:41 PM, Jman said:

That is not the worst show Adult Swim made by virtue of this - 

does the license   shows like that count because the ain't that like from New Zealand or Australia or even the UK or something like that