UnevenEdge

I came back

mochi

21 minutes ago, mochi said:

I see Free for all died while I was gone

So here's my overview:

We reworked the layout of the site and retired a lot of old folders. Toonami and [as] got merged and were elevated into a main folder (instead of sub-boards), and other media folders were consolidated or retired. But most notably, we replaced the sort-of-asmb-themed Noise folders. People associated them with the old folders and self-sorted, and it just kind of sucked as an experience with the drama and turf wars. So instead, now we have a vanilla "Current Events" folder (it's a peppier news folder without the inherent negativity of rants) and a catch-all "General Discussion" folder for anything without its own section plus conversational stuff (it's a more higher-minded replacement of old FFA).

So that's like the "public square" of things where everyone intermingles, and the flip side is that people now have membership-based "private communities" for that underlying desire to self-sort and enjoy separate experiences. The two most notable are the IB club, which is basically an OG IB-style commune folder where people can post all the most absurdist or silly shitposts they want, and the Thunderdome which is a more true-to-form successor to old DF that pooh runs for real instead of as a meme.

It's been slow during the transition (though it was slow moving into it) but I think that on the whole it's been a positive shift. More folks are starting to pop back in (and more importantly, stick around) and sitewide activity has gone up too.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Hi Heshi, welcome back! Check my post above for kind of a summary of the reset and the whys of it all.

I had read it before I posted Meow :p

I was tired though so I'm sure most of the shit didn't make sense o.O