UnevenEdge

The Uneven Bar

tsar4

2 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Haha I know this song because Zappa covered it live on the Philly '76 live album. 

**Orders scotch on the rocks, bartenders choice, as well as another Natty Light and then stumbles away to find the junk box.**

*places order where atomicinumatt was sitting*  "The New York Dolls covered it too."

NP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKREkuDh3s

It's late, but I had to drop in and see how the place is doing.  I'm going to try to scare up some of the old-timers that are still lurking out on Facebook.  

It's about bedtime, but I'll pull a pint of Guinness for myself for sleeping purposes.  

*leaves a platter of chocolate chip cookies on the bar*. 

• Thanks 3

*calmly walks to the men's room to relieve himself*

*reemerges after using the facilities in the men's room and walks back to his seat at the bar*

Okay, bartender. May I now have some Jameson's, please? Also, does the DJ take requests?

*walks in, notices motley crew*

they used to call me crapshot, it was something my director always used to try to put in a sentence if he could.

*waves at barkeep*

I'll just take a cool glass of water, ohh and 100 bucks worth of quarters for the Galiga machines

*puts in quarter*

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 2:05 PM, André Toulon said:

QUARTERS, 10 BUCKS IN QUARTERS!!!!!

Lemme get a sprite....7up or sierra is fine, but if you bring me a Starry, this place better be insured.

*slides you a "Bubble Up*  7up is for mixer only.  Be thankful it's not "Teem".

5 hours ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

*calmly walks to the men's room to relieve himself*

*reemerges after using the facilities in the men's room and walks back to his seat at the bar*

Okay, bartender. May I now have some Jameson's, please? Also, does the DJ take requests?

*passes a rocks glass, half full of Jameson's*  Yeah, I take requests, whether I play them is another story.

*tsar comes back from the basement with a case of Jameson*

Ok, here's the deal.  We're going to create a "Wall of Remembrance".  Everyone will get free shots to drink a toast to those who have gone before us on the boards.  We will do shots until we run out of names to toast, or are too drunk to remember.  Each name will go up on the wall.  I'll start - To RyanfromtheShire/Ryanasfolk (and some other alias I don't remember).  "Ypa!"

3 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

*initial anxiety about entering, but then realizes I am now arguably too old to care about crap like that*

So the rumors ARE true. A relaunch. 

*Slides to the bar and addresses tsar4*

It's been a long time. Glad you're still around. A Sazerac please. 

Do you not FB anymore....I sent you several invites via PM on FB....Years ago mind you.

5 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

*initial anxiety about entering, but then realizes I am now arguably too old to care about crap like that*

So the rumors ARE true. A relaunch. 

*Slides to the bar and addresses tsar4*

It's been a long time. Glad you're still around. A Sazerac please. 

*Delivers the order*

NP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBlB8RAJEEc

34 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

*holds hand in air to get bargender's attention* Hey, can you put it on the Houston vs. Miami (Fl.) game, please? It's the Sweet 16.

Oh, and may I get a Guinness as well, please? Thanks.

*pours SuperWastedOnLife a proper pint, and despite finding basketball less entertaining than a bad round of golf, turns on the game as requested*

Edited by tsar4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tsar4 said:

*pours SupwerWastedOnLife a proper pint, and despite finding basketball less entertaining than a bad round of golf, turns on the game as requested*

Thanks.

*sees score* Well, I may regret this. We're currently losing. This may not end well. *takes sip of Guinness*

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

Hmm…. I’m a big fan of the band (if you’re familiar with them). Hit me.

*tsar deftly mixes Wild Turkey 101 with the rest of the ingredients and serves to The_annoying_one with a flourish*

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

*The_annoying_one finishes his drink in one big gulp* Thank yo—*passes out on the floor again*

*tsar sighs, grabs something from behind the bar, moves over to where The_annoying_one is laying and places orange traffic cones around him*

Edited by tsar4
  • Haha 3

Just now, PhilosipherStoned said:

** guzzles trash can punch**  **eyes other patrons shiftily thinking this can't be the house best** 

Give it a second or two...

(trash can punch - prepare realemon limeade per instructions, mix with realemon lemonade prepared per instructions, add a can of Hawaiian Punch, stir in a bottle of vodka and a pint of Everclear, add sliced fruit)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

** guzzles trash can punch**  **eyes other patrons shiftily thinking this can't be the house best** 

*looks back at you and lifts pint of Guinness* I'm just drowning my sorrows. Don't mind me, friend.

2 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Give it a second or two...

(trash can punch - prepare realemon limeade per instructions, mix with realemon lemonade prepared per instructions, add a can of Hawaiian Punch, stir in a bottle of vodka and a pint of Everclear, add sliced fruit)

Touche barkeep. I knew I tasted a hint of death there. **finishes chugging trash can punch**

1 minute ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Touche barkeep. I knew I tasted a hint of death there. **finishes chugging trash can punch**

The last person I saw drink the stuff kept going back for more, then left the party, went down to the river & came back with a large stone.  He claimed it was a turtle and could not be dissuaded.  Claimed he was going to make turtle soup.

• Like 1