UnevenEdge

Scott Adams Thinks Black People Are Part Of A Hate Group

scoobdog

I used to like his books [ not the comic-comic ones necessarily, the ones about corporate life and business that would use some of the comics as illustrations ]. But I haven't picked up or re-read any since his incel rants ages ago. 

Dude is just hell bent for leather to torch himself for pity points with the thin-skinned crowd. If he thinks anyone is going to crowdfund him because 'canceled! wah!' he can guess again, the beer wallets are drying up pretty fast from all the other grifters grifting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, viperxmns said:

I used to like Dilbert when I was younger and watched the cartoon but this guy hella dumbass

Pretty much this...I'm fairly new to his bullshit but I did enjoy the strip when I was younger....the show was some 90s Duckman late at night shit where I lived so I watched it but don't remember much.

• Like 2

He’s really been angling for this for some time now.  I think a lot of people forgot he was one of the idiots pumping up Trump for his initial candidacy, and it’s befuddling when Trump is a less competent version of the pointy haired boss:  a supremely self confident man who knows absolutely nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scoobdog said:

His comics have been trash for awhile.  Part of the problem is you can’t endlessly mock your boss without also mocking yourself, and neither Dogbert nor Catbert ever effectively cows Dilbert.  It’s not the least bit surprising Adams as shown his ass like this.

As an old young person who still reads the Sunday paper, I can confirm that the problem with Dilbert is that at some point Scott Adams began agreeing with the Pointy-Haired Boss-like people in real life.

• Like 3

Now his distributor has dropped him.

As a partial aside, I was looking through the clickbait feed at the bottom of the CNN page, and there was a link to one of those slideshows, the topic being celebrities that supposedly lost it all over a "mistake."  It's as tawdry and vacuous as you might expect, but it does point out how easily it is to conflate things like unabashed bigotry, sexism, and racism with ridiculous things like flubbing a line or announcing the wrong beauty pageant winner.  To be clear, what Adams said is in no way a mistake - he's expressed latent white persecution ideas before; it's just that we haven't really paid any attention to him for awhile now.  His comic was never going to be beloved like Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes in white circles particularly because of the aforementioned lack of any real self awareness by the title character, and it certainly didn't have the pertinent insight that makes a comic like The Boondocks a social touchstone.  We're just seeing it again because the creator decided to shed any semblance of social respectability.

Moreso, it's pretty clear this "mistake" was manufactured as a way of breathing life into a comic that outlived its novelty years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

The first strips will feature his character Ratbert as a “context removing editor” at a media outlet that spoofs newspapers like The Post, he said via text. 

I see he's taking it well.

Also the local paper here is replacing it with Curtis, which if you know about Curtis is just quality trolling given the situation.

Edited by Seight
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3