UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

All it's really highlighted, for me at least, is just how much of a Fox News parrot she is. Her "descent" is entirely predictable when you see it as just sharing every talking point from that insulated bubble. Right down to the name calling.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

All it's really highlighted, for me at least, is just how much of a Fox News parrot she is. Her "descent" is entirely predictable when you see it as just sharing every talking point from that insulated bubble. Right down to the name calling.

I'm only surprised it was so soon. We still have over 2 months.

Oh, I bet it's early votes starting soon.

• Like 2

I'm gonna try avoiding political news for the time being. Youtube's stupid algorithm is sending me video after video of Trump's latest blunders. I know better. This election is gonna be close, and it is very much still a tossup here in PA, a crucial state. 2016 taught me not to place much trust in the polls. The honeymoon phase over a fresh new electorate is coming to an end soon. I still think Kamala will win.

• Like 2

weird. drumpf wants to back out,

...and yet.

"Doesn't matter to me. I'd rather have it, probably, on. But the agreement was that it would be the same as it was last time," Trump said.

"I'm not spending a lot of time on it. I think my whole life I've been preparing for a debate," Trump added. "You can't cram knowledge into your head, for you know, 30 years of knowledge in one week. So, you know, there's a little debate prep, but I've always done it more or less the same way."

LOL there was a paper written in 98 about how the GOP was going to fall into this weird ....weird place.

then this in 2012:

We have been studying Washington politics and Congress for more than 40 years, and never have we seen them this dysfunctional. In our past writings, we have criticized both parties when we believed it was warranted. Today, however, we have no choice but to acknowledge that the core of the problem lies with the Republican Party.

if drumpf/GOP win, the 249 year old experiment will come to it's conclusion. and it would be a fail. 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

My guess is she’s being trotted out to counter all the GOPe members endorsing Harris.

Definitely. She and RFK are both former democrats who endorsed Bernie in 2016.

So it's like "oh look at these former Democrats! Even they hate Harris!"

And it's like... Who are you even appealing to? Third party voters who are just going to vote libertarian or not vote at all because they hate the Democrats and Republicans equally?

• Like 3

Trump was indicted again on charges related to Jan 6.  They’re not going after him for anything connected to trying to pressure the DoJ. They’re focusing on what he did as a candidate up for reelection or something like that.  The SCOTUS ruling allows for presidents to get away with a lot of shit. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/27/trump-indicted-2020-election-subversion-00176503

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Trump was indicted again on charges related to Jan 6.  They’re not going after him for anything connected to trying to pressure the DoJ. They’re focusing on what he did as a candidate up for reelection or something like that.  The SCOTUS ruling allows for presidents to get away with a lot of shit. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/27/trump-indicted-2020-election-subversion-00176503

here's the new indictment overlaid on the old one to compare the changes https://www.muellershewrote.com/p/trumps-superseding-indictment

all the charges are the same, but they took out any reference to the DOJ conspiracy and rewrote bits to make clear that everyone still in the indictment was acting in a private capacity etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/26/2024 at 5:13 AM, André Toulon said:

That's not new at all. 

But I'll ask again....the candidate you support....what are their policies, what do they plan to do for the American people. Where can I see them campaign, hear their views. I want to hear you prop someone up instead of spewing more random venom and making baseless claims about other users. I need to know where my support should lie so I'm not just picking the least worst. Endorse this wonderful individual for l of us.

It's Trump, isn't it.

the same one i supported in 2016, jill stein. 

https://www.jillstein2024.com/platform

15 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

the same one i supported in 2016, jill stein. 

https://www.jillstein2024.com/platform

On 8/25/2024 at 11:05 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

3rd party will lose

Your words, man.

We're asking for a winning strategy. You're upset people aren't eager to jump on a plan you've given the pitch of "it will do nothing."

Here's a very simple question:

If, hypothetically, you were to pick between a perfect candidate with 0% chance of winning and generic candidate with a 100% chance of winning.... would you pick the guaranteed loser when it is the only thing in Hitler's way?

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 2

On 8/26/2024 at 12:51 AM, naraku360 said:

So we shouldn't vote for Harris because she won't change the things that no one person can change.

Instead, we should toss what little power we have into causes you also accept will lose.

That means your plan is to lose. Wtf?

Dude, no. I want to help society. I don’t have to support every aspect of a candidate to vote for them when they are clearly the better option any more than you're a brainwashed capitalist swine for using the commercialized internet on your device that was bought from a corporation from the comfort of the home you undoubtedly paid or still pay someone else to live in. Like it or not, it's the way the system is and breaking it from the outside is a fool's errand.

the candidate wins, but they will back the interests of their corporate donors. the country is in much worse shape now than it was even just 4 years ago. not just the country, but globally the situation is a disaster. but yes keep voting for the people that are propped up by corporations and other interests because they can pay some lip service and never deliver.

7 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Your words, man.

We're asking for a winning strategy. You're upset people aren't eager to jump on a plan you've given the pitch of "it will do nothing."

Here's a very simple question:

If, hypothetically, you were to pick between a perfect candidate with 0% chance of winning and generic candidate with a 100% chance of winning.... would you pick the guaranteed loser when it is the only thing in Hitler's way?

there isnt anyone i ever fully agree with. 

seeing how the system is rigged, and how corrupted and evil these establishment candidates are, i cant pick any of them. would rather lose an election with the candidate that more closely aligns with my views than ever pick one of these war criminals. 

1 minute ago, Distortedreasoning said:

the candidate wins, but they will back the interests of their corporate donors.

No shit.

the country is in much worse shape now than it was even just 4 years ago.

You quite literally acknowledged that Trump would accelerate it. What's the plan for the accelerated collapse? What comes after it's no longer just immigrants being thrown into concentration camps? You want to fight the American military? How?

5 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

not just the country, but globally the situation is a disaster. but yes keep voting for the people that are propped up by corporations and other interests because they can pay some lip service and never deliver.

So your answer is to lose, then whine and complain about how much everything sucks after you deliberately took actions knowing they were going to have less effect than the people you chastise.

Cry harder, bitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

seeing how the system is rigged, and how corrupted and evil these establishment candidates are, i cant pick any of them. would rather lose an election with the candidate that more closely aligns with my views than ever pick one of these war criminals. 

I explicitly said it is hypothetical. Answer the question, you weaselly coward.

If, hypothetically, you were to pick between a perfect candidate with 0% chance of winning and generic candidate with a 100% chance of winning.... would you pick the guaranteed loser when it is the only thing in Hitler's way?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, naraku360 said:

If, hypothetically, you were to pick between a perfect candidate with 0% chance of winning and generic candidate with a 100% chance of winning.... would you pick the guaranteed loser when it is the only thing in Hitler's way?

Actually, because @Distortedreasoning has demonstrated that Hitler doesn't give him enough skin in the game:

The person you value the most is on the line for your vote. They will be thrown in a death camp if your candidate loses.

3 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

nah, this is a gotcha question. i dont do those.  

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

trump is not hitler, hes just a regular republican. nothing special. there will be one in the next election running for president. 

Hypothetical question.

involving or being based on a suggested idea or theory : being or involving a hypothesis : conjectural

hypothetical arguments

a hypothetical situation

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothetical

Answer. The. Question. Fucking weasel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

trump is not hitler, hes just a regular republican. nothing special. there will be one in the next election running for president. 

That’s because Hitler was charming and liked animals.  Otherwise, Trump = Hitler.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

So it doesn't matter if it's a convicted felon or the female version of Tackleberry, you're going to hedge your bet on the woman who barely cleared 1% of the vote. 

So fine. Jill loses.... that's a given. And you went ahead and cast your desultory vote, but now you have to deal with either Trump or Harris in office....it's safe to say you'd prefer Trump because he an overt bigot and he's funny.

Is this pretty close to your vision? Because that's the most childish bullshit I've ever heard. This isn't you flexing integrity, this is you being pissy in the corner because no one wants to play with you and plotting on ruining snack time for everyone else because you dgaf.

I just want honesty, man. I'm not trying to change your mind....I just want you to admit that you're just playing an awful holier than thou game because you dgaf.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

it isnt? are you rich or something? even if you are hard to ignore everything not crumbling. 

No, it isn’t. 

what do you call the president that supports genocide? and is being reckless in trying to escalate a ww3? 

You mean Trump?  Hitler.

• Like 1

what consequences? your arguments are keep voting blue no matter what. the party now in support of genocide. 

Do you know what the word "if" means?

It's a word used when describing a fictional scenario that is being used to highlight a point.

What words did my question beging with? Hmmmm, lets see:

"If, hypothetically, you were to pick between a perfect candidate with 0% chance of winning and generic candidate with a 100% chance of winning.... would you pick the guaranteed loser when it is the only thing in Hitler's way?"

It's almost like I know it isn't literally happening. Like, I said it wasn’t in the fucking question, my dude.

I'm asking for a reason. You know the reason, and it is why you won't answer.

I am asking, if there was a guarantee that the person you value more than anything were to be killed if the person you vote for loses, would you pick your moral alignment over protecting your most treasured person?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

So it doesn't matter if it's a convicted felon or the female version of Tackleberry, you're going to hedge your bet on the woman who barely cleared 1% of the vote. 

So fine. Jill loses.... that's a given. And you went ahead and cast your desultory vote, but now you have to deal with either Trump or Harris in office....it's safe to say you'd prefer Trump because he an overt bigot and he's funny.

Is this pretty close to your vision? Because that's the most childish bullshit I've ever heard. This isn't you flexing integrity, this is you being pissy in the corner because no one wants to play with you and plotting on ruining snack time for everyone else because you dgaf.

I just want honesty, man. I'm not trying to change your mind....I just want you to admit that you're just playing an awful holier than thou game because you dgaf.

im not trying to come off as holier than thou. just saying how i would vote, which is always gonna be with the candidates that mostly align with my ideals. i dont know why anyone would ever not vote in that way? win or lose i will take an L before i vote for kamala or trump. i dont agree with voting for a candidate just because they got a better shot at winning. its really that simple. 

i care. i live in this country, i got plenty of skin in the game. i want a better future just like anyone. i just dont think that a better future is gonna be achieved by voting blue. 

22 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

it isnt? are you rich or something? even if you are hard to ignore everything not crumbling. 

Well now we’re poor and with food suddenly not safe to eat because Trump motherfucked the FDA. Can’t quite say it was better before if we’re to this day suffering under the last one.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Do you know what the word "if" means?

It's a word used when describing a fictional scenario that is being used to highlight a point.

What words did my question beging with? Hmmmm, lets see:

"If, hypothetically, you were to pick between a perfect candidate with 0% chance of winning and generic candidate with a 100% chance of winning.... would you pick the guaranteed loser when it is the only thing in Hitler's way?"

It's almost like I know it isn't literally happening. Like, I said it wasn’t in the fucking question, my dude.

I'm asking for a reason. You know the reason, and it is why you won't answer.

I am asking, if there was a guarantee that the person you value more than anything were to be killed if the person you vote for loses, would you pick your moral alignment over protecting your most treasured person?

your equating trump to hitler. kamala to generic. i disagree. but to answer your question, yes im gonna vote to keep my loved one alive. 

3 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Well now we’re poor and with food suddenly not safe to eat because Trump motherfucked the FDA. Can’t quite say it was better before if we’re to this day suffering under the last one.

have you seen the shit the fda has allowed long before trump? so much shit we shouldnt be eating like soda, or cereal with high sugar making us get diabetes as kids! the cooking oil they use. growth hormones on farm animals, gmo crops. corporations like monsanto poisoning our food. 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i care. i live in this country, i got plenty of skin in the game. i want a better future just like anyone. i just dont think that a better future is gonna be achieved by voting blue. 

Wasting your time>voting blue.

Sooooo, why even vote at all. It's not like when it's said and done anyone is going to get a medal for their bravery to vote 3rd.....so why not just stay home?

Don't fight the crowds, don't stress yourself about if the machine read your inputs correctly....just stay home and you still get to say "not my fault" when whatever proverbial shit hits the fan.

Why come here just to bring the people who found a ray of optimism down because you already know you backed a loser? Just leave them be. 

I'd gladly choose Joe Pesci over Kamala, but that's not an option....Donald Trump is....I want no part of that. I'm cutting my loses, yes but what I'm not going to do is back a loser on some moral victory bullshit when the reality is that clown can win.

It's your apathy to that very real conclusion alone that makes you seem like such dog water to people here. So cool, you don't want to vote for genocide....vote for Jill....no one will care, but you can't come shitting on other people's parade just because you know there is 0 chance of you having a parade.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 3

have you seen the shit the fda has allowed long before trump? so much shit we shouldnt be eating like soda, or cereal with high sugar making us get diabetes as kids! the cooking oil they use. growth hormones on farm animals, gmo crops. corporations like monsanto poisoning our food. 

Yes, yes, American children haven’t been getting a good source of Vitamin D. Now there’s fucking mold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

Bro, Trump went after the FDA because he wanted to inject bleach and send people back to work fast food so he could get 2 for $4.

He in no fucking way gave a fuck about childhood obesity...where did you even get that. 

Like I really want to know...what vlogger told you that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Wasting your time>voting blue.

Sooooo, why even vote at all. It's not like when it's said and done anyone is going to get a medal for their bravery to vote 3rd.....so why not just stay home?

Don't fight the crowds, don't stress yourself about it the machine read your inputs correctly....just stay home and you still get to say "not my fault" when whatever proverbial shit hits the fan.

Why come here just to bring the people who found a ray of optimism down because you already know you backed a loser? Just leave them be. 

I'd gladly choose Joe Pesci over Kamala, but that's not an option....Donald Trump is....I want no part of that. I'm cutting my loses, yes but what I'm not going to do is back a loser on some moral victory bullshit when the reality is that blown can win.

It's your apathy to that very real conclusion alone that makes you seem like such dog water to people here. So cool, you don't want to vote for genocide....vote for Jill....no one will care, but you can't come shitting on other people's parade just because you know there is 0 chance of you having a parade.

i didnt say it was a waste of time. i got a vote and plan to use it  no matter how fruitless it is. i want to resist. 

i think voting is still important, even in this corrupted  and limited form. i want to participate in democracy and see it as an important part in society. 

i like to discuss elections and politics. and im not trying to attack anyone here, we've all known each others for years. and im not meaning to rain on peoples parade. just trying to run an honest discussion over the candidates in a non emotional way. 

• Haha 1