UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

6 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I like how the DNC audience is a diverse set of faces that actually represent the demographics of the country, unlike the RNC's audience.

When I used to go to Capitol Hill because of my job, the Democrats (members of Congress and their employees) were the normal people who I liked talking to. While the Republicans gave off a Stepford Wives/Get Out garden party feel. 

Kamala Harris uses the term "weird" and I suppose that's pretty accurate. 

Edited by Belize
  • Like 5

Any truth to this?  Is this even legal?

reports are coming out that Trump and Netanyahu have been talking and that Trump has asked him to not accept a ceasefire agreement because it could help Harris 

idk the validity of these claims but it’s sad that it’s completely believable. 

https://newrepublic.com/post/185076/donald-trump-scheme-beat-kamala-harris-benjamin-netanyahu-ceasefire

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

reports are coming out that Trump and Netanyahu have been talking and that Trump has asked him to not accept a ceasefire agreement because it could help Harris 

https://newrepublic.com/post/185076/donald-trump-scheme-beat-kamala-harris-benjamin-netanyahu-ceasefire

Doubt it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

I haven't seen any confirmations so far. Doing something like this as a civilian [ which, Drumpf is whether he likes it or not ] would lead to a whole hell of a lot of trouble, the type that we wouldn't hear about until he'd been locked in a hole somewhere. And after him bragging about how he was still able to call up NK and talk to his very special friend, I'm guessing all his lines are now under constant surveillance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptorpat said:

I don't know what's funnier: wondering if Lil Jon is going to sing the actual lyrics to "Get Low" or listening closely and hearing people in the crowd singing them. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Insipid said:

Truly exquisite espionage 🙄

How much do you think it would break his brain if someone recognized him on the floor and was nice to him instead of immediately asking him to leave?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

RFK is allegedly going to drop out and endorse Trump

I'm surprised he doesn't sense the legal danger in doing so if he's doing it as a quid pro quo. I'm almost sure there is some prosecutor somewhere watching this closely. 

• Like 2

I'll go off of vibes and make a prediction: Harris will win all the states Biden won in 2020, plus North Carolina and some other state we're not expecting yet. 

Like when Obama won Indiana once and everyone was surprised. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Belize said:

I'll go off of vibes and make a prediction: Harris will win all the states Biden won in 2020, plus North Carolina and some other state we're not expecting yet. 

Like when Obama won Indiana once and everyone was surprised. 

Maybe Florida. I've been hearing stories of retirees getting sick of Trump and DeSantis.

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

"I vote for the candidate I most want to have a beer with." - Every Republican voter for at LEAST my entire life.

True, but would anyone want to be around Trump longer than they had to?  I don’t trust Dubya on policy but I presume we could have a civil, non-sociopathic conversation.  Trump can’t even accomplish that much because he's such a goddamn weirdo that any conversation would inevitably be about how great he is and his victim complex.  So even on that level of personability, he fails.

That being said, we're voting on policy, not social interaction.  And Trump loses there too.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jman said:

True, but would anyone want to be around Trump longer than they had to?  I don’t trust Dubya on policy but I presume we could have a civil, non-sociopathic conversation.  Trump can’t even accomplish that much because he's such a goddamn weirdo that any conversation would inevitably be about how great he is and his victim complex.  So even on that level of personability, he fails.

That being said, we're voting on policy, not social interaction.  And Trump loses there too.

My joke may not have landed, it was a crack at the tweet that we should be worried he loves vidya games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1