UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

When was someone banned for less? Mods have to know that she’s knowingly spreading fake news, yeah?

fine fine...maybe not for less. but i just posted that, and i knew that was from the riots. after posting i went to the comments, and i see that someone else pointed this out. 

and everything they are posting---

nah. you know what. it's not really important, all things considered. 

low lying fruit they will always be. it's sad. watching this ....wierd thing unfolding. 

like all the required reading *fahrenheit 451, 1984, animal farm, etc etx*

maybe i need a snack

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

fine fine...maybe not for less. but i just posted that, and i knew that was from the riots. after posting i went to the comments, and i see that someone else pointed this out. 

and everything they are posting---

nah. you know what. it's not really important, all things considered. 

low lying fruit they will always be. it's sad. watching this ....wierd thing unfolding. 

like all the required reading *fahrenheit 451, 1984, animal farm, etc etx*

maybe i need a snack

I didn’t know when the pic in her shared Twitter post was actually taken until you said so. No one reported the post and I’m not seeing anyone other than you, thank you btw cuz it’s good to know when something is sharing bullshit,  calling her out but yeah it’s not even the worst thing she’s posted today 😬

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

at all the mods. all of you. 

is this site going to be the 'free speech' sanctuary for the mentally deficient continually post lies and propaganda. 

the fake news that @Master-Debater131 is from the george floyd riots. 

at what point to you warn them? because i've seen you suspend/ban people for less. 

I haven't been here as long as the rest of you so I'm not familiar with how things are run. That said, I was a bit surprised that racism didn't trip any code of conduct alarms...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I didn’t know when the pic in her shared Twitter post was actually taken until you said so. No one reported the post and I’m not seeing anyone other than you, thank you btw cuz it’s good to know when something is sharing bullshit,  calling her out but yeah it’s not even the worst thing she’s posted today 😬

I called her on it, too.

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

Hey, idiot.

That video was from George Floyd riot curfews.

Nothing to do with covid-19.

You were in favor of that.

Absolute dipshit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

I haven't been here as long as the rest of you so I'm not familiar with how things are run. That said, I was a bit surprised that racism didn't trip any code of conduct alarms...

It tends to take very overt stuff to get banned. Like going all in with racial slurs or posting particularly graphic shit (like execution videos).

MD has mostly been kept around for people to punt around when she stupids things up, but the normal pattern is showing. I doubt she'll last much longer. Shame, we don't have much conflict these days. It was fun.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The George Floyd protests did happen during the first few months of COVID. If I recall, they used COVID curfews as an excuse to do this to suppress the protests.

Of course, that would add additional context and MD needs things nice and flattened out.

And also Trump wanted this done against the Floyd protests so make up your mind if he's too harsh or too soft. Hell, Trump would have preferred if real bullets were used.

• Thanks 3

I tried listening to the "intrerview" @Master-Debater131 thinks Kamala is too cowardly to accept, and this is unironically unlistenable.

Elon is such an astonishingly terrible interviewer and Trump has the IQ of a rock, so it's mindboggling anyone could listen to this and think skipping it to be anything other than what a normal, not insane/weird as fuck person would do. I can't definitively say this is the worst imterview I've ever heard, but I can't think of one worse off the top of my head.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

oh, i've been pointing those out. but....it's ok, because they haven't quite crossed that line yet. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

oh, i've been pointing those out. but....it's ok, because they haven't quite crossed that line yet. 

Kamabla is just a very weak nickname and it's honestly pathetic to see anyone use it in place of her actual name

Edit: it's such a weak nickname that I misspelled it as Kambla

Edited by matrixman124
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

Most of it is because Vance has credibility as a guy who was in Iraq. He's just squandering it to be a petty asshole. Truly a disgrace.

He was barely in Iraq. I don't mean to denigrate anyone's service record but I think it's important to note that Vance never saw combat and was only there for 6 months as a journalist. I think his limited service record is partly why he's okay with throwing vets under the bus to get ahead in life. He just isn't a soldier, never has been, never will be. Walz may not have seen combat either but he's not the one who based his entire platform around insults and trolling.

Notably, Con Juan Bonespurs also criticized McCain for being a PoW so even actually entering combat doesn't yield respect from MAGAts. They are some of the most spiteful, shortsighted, self-sabotaging people alive today.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, Jman said:

I’m wondering if there’s any truth to the idea that Trump’s reached the Fat Elvis phase of his career, where his career is on a tailspin and it’s highlighted by playing the hits to a smaller and smaller audience as the rest of the people move on.

Can’t we just fast forward to the “found dead in restroom” phase? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

He was barely in Iraq. I don't mean to denigrate anyone's service record but I think it's important to note that Vance never saw combat and was only there for 6 months as a journalist. I think his limited service record is partly why he's okay with throwing vets under the bus to get ahead in life. He just isn't a soldier, never has been, never will be. Walz may not have seen combat either but he's not the one who based his entire platform around insults and trolling.

Notably, Con Juan Bonespurs also criticized McCain for being a PoW so even actually entering combat doesn't yield respect from MAGAts. They are some of the most spiteful, shortsighted, self-sabotaging people alive today.

which is the requirement for this MOS as are a lot = you must do 6 months in an active zone. 

when i served, females were not allowed to hold any of those rolls. i tested/scored high enough for intel., comms., photo journalism. BUT it was a comat environment, and the rules were written to reflect. we could go to the area, but would have to be in the rear. 

i also want to point out that walz knew retirement was a possibility if he didn't do the testing. the award/promotion is given, BUT to maintain rank, testing/classes/mos schools are required. he may have been passed over in the past, and that's also a thing. he may have looked at his options of early retirement to seek a political career. 

vance commenting and using walz career, is just as stupid as someone that only served 8 years and only a couple NON conflict deployments. i would tell me to gtfo as well. 

funny how a SHIT ton of high SNCO and officers do this exact thing.

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard.
  • Like 7

New audio reveals J.D. Vance's views on the 'whole purpose of the postmenopausal female'

Vance explains how Lakshmi Chilukuri, mother of his wife, Usha, and a professor of molecular biology, took a yearlong sabbatical from teaching to help her daughter take care of their baby.

"This is what you do," Vance said.

That's an interesting way of saying, "I'm an absentee father."

Also, if "this is what you do", where are all the laws codifying the right to parental leave? Surely Vance will be spearheading that movement.

You know who else was a deadbeat dad?

Trump. 

I believe the credit for raising such great kids belongs to me. I was in charge of raising our children before our divorce, and I had sole custody of them after the split. I made the decisions about their education, activities, travel, child care, and allowances. When each one finished college, I said to my ex-husband, “Here is the finished product. Now it’s your turn.”

https://time.com/4972300/ivana-trump-excerpt/

Blech, I hadn't even gotten to this part when I posted:

"That is the thing that the hyper-liberalized economics wants you to do," Vance said. "The economic logic of always prioritizing paid wage labor over other ways of contributing to society...it's actually a consequence of a sort of fundamental liberalism that is ultimately going to unwind and collapse upon itself."

What a muppet.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2024 at 9:41 AM, Blackrose321 said:

i guess bernie had some decent policy but has shown to be subservient to the party even after they shut him down.

I wouldn't say he is "subservient", I would say he understands the bigger picture which is that you cannot win a political race of this magnitude without party backing. The same applies to Republicans. They attack the living hell out of their own people the second they stand up against MAGAt nonsense. I've witnessed this personally - Christians/Republicans shitting on nonspiritual family members while happily voting for a guy who knew Epstein was a pedo. A philanderer on his third marriage to a woman who hates his guts, that is the Christian nominee...you can't tell me that doesn't require unquestioning subservience. Getting millions of Christians to put Trump before God? That is definitely a "fall in line" order.

I'll go you one further - church attendance took a hit starting in 2016. Christians who were moderate or left-leaning began distancing themselves from their congregations because their morals no longer aligned. By comparison, more Republicans began identifying as evangelicals in 2016, but didn't actually begin attending church so it's more about tribalism and power than any real urge to do good.

So basically, their entire ideological base is about subservience, that's what religion teaches and that is the tool they have chosen for a reason - it works. They do not take kindly to stepping out of line, never have. I keep saying it - Barry Goldwater called this shit in 1994. There is no excuse for ignoring it anymore. Ignoring it means you are complicit.

Four Texas House Republicans censured for campaigning against incumbents

GOP censures Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for participation in Jan. 6 investigation

House erupts in disorder after Republicans censure top Democrat Adam Schiff, in rare move

Texas GOP censures U.S. Rep. Tony Gonzales over party-splitting votes in Congress

biden also talked some policy but most the stuff he talked about turned out to be a lie, or some extremely watered down victories.

Could you provide examples? Also, keep in mind that whatever you come up with, I can come up with the same, and worse, for Republicans so do be mindful of that because I will definitely provide links if you'd like to dig into this further.

You aren't accusing Democrats of anything unique. Given that it applies across the board, it isn't a meaningful discussion because, again, anyone who is part of the MAGAt movement is never going to vote left. Ever. It could literally mean the difference between life and death and they've shown they'd rather choose death. So even if Biden had a perfect record...well I mean, you're here bringing up "watering things down" while Trump outright lies. Clearly nothing the left proposes will ever pass any MAGA sniff test.

and now kamala who was hand picked by the party, doesnt even show any policy on her site https://kamalaharris.com/ 

Kamala Harris was officially chosen by her party on August 5, can we maintain some grasp on reality here? We're talking about the president, the top dog in the "top country", that's a big job and you expect her entire policy platform to be fully fleshed out and online in less than 7 days? On top of campaigning at the last minute? Trump can't even make it through an interview without humiliating himself and he's had years to prepare. Do you not feel embarrassed by that at all? Does it not make you cringe? Do you not feel the need to comment? Is that what you want representing us on the world stage? Again?

Also, let's not pretend Kamala is an unknown quantity here, not after MAGAts voted for a reality star with no experience, no education, lawsuits up the asshole, and multiple bankruptcies. Let's not forget the nasty shit that came out during his divorce from Ivana, the workers he's stiffed, the fake university he ran, etc.

now he will have to put in the effort

Now he'll have to put in effort?  Now? And that's okay with you? Weren't you just criticizing Kamala for not having her entire platform posted online within 24 hours? Why are you okay admitting he's been coasting? Why is that inspiring when it's Trump doing it?

they also have to try and coach kamala to do better after her fiasco in detroit or she can jeopardize her campaign. 

Do you think Trump does a genuinely good job speaking clearly or are the standards for him different because you expect him to look like a fool? When someone is using different expectations and baselines from person to person, it helps to establish those before continuing.

EDIT: Oh, and as for Israel, since I guess that matters now that it's just a political talking point...

Trump says Israel needs to ‘finish what they started’ and said war with Hamas is ‘taking a long time’

He's calling for "peace" by telling them to push harder. A fast genocide is a happy genocide?...

And let's not be naive here, Trump is only up Netanyahu's ass because of 2020:

Also, JD Vance is an Israel fanboy:

Trump chose him. So yeah, it's obvious that Trump has no particular position on Israel, he's just a narcissist whose "morals" shift along with his mood disorder.

-bernie: the only reason bernie was ever popular was because of his social platforms. he turned his back on that and his movement. he had all the momentum. when hedges asked him about running for independent, he said he did not want to end up like nader. but thats the point, cant win without party backing, but the party wont let anything progressive pass. im talking about public option health care, free higher education and total student debt cancellation, building up the national infrastructure, housing, and so on. the incremental bullshit they keep playing is nothing and would not call that a win for progress. and they are the same when it comes to global politics. 

biden: of the top of my head, infrastructure rebuilding, better covid response, economy improvement, clean energy, complete student debt relief for all, less cop murders, and infrastructure rebuilding. 

-kamala:  i was trying to say, there was no democratic convention or anything to let people decide on who they want. just hand picked by the party in a not so democratic way. but im sure she already knew before that date that she was gonna be the nominee. the decision was probably cemented after the trump/biden debate. even before that, people already knew joe was cooked. 

effort: a critique for kamala is not an endorsement of trump. im speaking from a campaign strategist pov. biden staying in the race would have been an easy campaign for trump. i dont think anyone would disagree with that. i still think it will be close but kamala will need to be better coached on what she says, and trump will need to recalibrate on how to approach kamala. 

kamala/trump speeches: why you bringing up trump again in a critique of kamala? my point was to show she dont care about palestinians, with her shutting up the protestors. i know trump is more overt about his racism, but kamala will go along with the current agenda too. 

israel: yes trump is loud about his backing of israel. biden and kamala can say they dont approve, but they will keep sending weapons and wagging their fingers. all while sending aircraft carriers to prevent anybody else from trying to step in to stop said genocide and while letting israel be reckless and attempt to expand the current war. 

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

bernie: the only reason bernie was ever popular was because of his social platforms. he turned his back on that and his movement. he had all the momentum. when hedges asked him about running for independent, he said he did not want to end up like nader. but thats the point, cant win without party backing, but the party wont let anything progressive pass. im talking about public option health care, free higher education and total student debt cancellation, building up the national infrastructure, housing, and so on. the incremental bullshit they keep playing is nothing and would not call that a win for progress. and they are the same when it comes to global politics. 

I never read either withdrawal as a betrayal. 2016 cooked him with the DNC's meddling, and whether you like it or not his options were to weaken the already inevitable nominee through futile flailing and risk a Trump presidency or try to strengthen opposition to Trump and he went with opposing the person he believed to be more dangerous. Obviously, this didn't go well, but him having gone with what he considered morally better at the expense of his own pride/reputation isn't something I disrespect. I don't strictly disagree with the choice.

2020 he withdrew earlier.... because he didn't want people to vote for him at the expense of spreading/catching covid. Biden didn't care, so Bernie did what he thought was right to protect his constituents. Whether you agree with him or not, I don't consider either actions to be betrayals. Under less severe circumstances, I may agree, however Trump has made the GOP uniquely grotesque and Bernie cared more about the damage 8 years of Trump could do than whatever shit your on. Your feelings and his appearance weren't on his priority list. His highest priority was actively opposing Trump (unlike most Democrat senators), and he has stuck to that.

You know he can’t singlehamdedly chance everything. He has no other option outside of incrementalism because that’s the system he's in. He isn't the system, he just has to navigate it.

Have you ever tried viewing this from a human perspective? Put any kind of empathy into the people you talk about? Looked at it from someone else's perspective?

Honestly, while I may reply to more of this word vomit later, it depends on if I remember..... and if I'm willing to get this annoyed tomorrow.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

I like how he thinks that post is unbiased but it's 3 paragraphs fellating Trump while still taking shots at Kamala.

She needs to coached on what she says? You're saying this in contrast to Donald Trump😂 bruh GTFO.

I mean, she wasn't especially great during the 2020 election cycle, but before that she didn't have experience in a national spotlight as far as I'm aware. But, like, she's been the VP for several years and what I've seen of her recently seems to me like she took some feedback on public speaking of that scale.

And taking a look at her record, I'm actually not sure we could possibly have asked for a better ticket than Harris/Walz.

I'm so hyped to see the debates. Harris and Walz have shown they know how thin-skinned Trump is and plan to capitalize on it, so the dude's cooked. He's done. 

On principle, I agree it is fucked we effectively got screwed out of a primary. But also the primaries made it clear that it was a choice between Biden or literally anybody else. We got literally anybody else. And we could do so much worse than Harris/Walz.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I mean, she wasn't especially great during the 2020 election cycle, but before that she didn't have experience in a national spotlight as far as I'm aware. But, like, she's been the VP for several years and what I've seen of her recently seems to me like she took some feedback on public speaking of that scale.

And taking a look at her record, I'm actually not sure we could possibly have asked for a better ticket than Harris/Walz.

I'm so hyped to see the debates. Harris and Walz have shown they know how thin-skinned Trump is and plan to capitalize on it, so the dude's cooked. He's done. 

On principle, I agree it is fucked we effectively got screwed out of a primary. But also the primaries made it clear that it was a choice between Biden or literally anybody else. We got literally anybody else. And we could do so much worse than Harris/Walz.

I'm not saying she's an oratory phenom, but I'll get over washing greens in the tub before I will black jobs.

Like seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind black people are legit picking cotton.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

JD Vance is speaking at a town near my sister today. She said her hour commute home was extended by 15 minutes because of it. Some of her neighbors were present at the Trump assassination attempt in Butler.

She should move, lawl

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

why you bringing up trump again in a critique of kamala?

Because there are two candidates running and more than just you posting here. I am allowed to criticize your candidate and maybe if you answered, we could finally move on. You brought up a perceived issue with Kamala that is far worse for Trump so you need to explain your thinking. You chose this topic and your candidate is weak in it, maybe that was unwise of you to draw attention to but it's too late now. There's a phrase that may help here - "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

I again ask, how do you feel about Trump's speaking skills? Do you feel he needs to be trained despite having had years to prepare? Do you feel his gaffes are acceptable? Are you concerned about them? What about his walking off of a 1.5 hour interview after 36 minutes? That's like walking out of a job interview early and expecting to get hired, is it not?

Are you more concerned with Kamala because you have higher standards for her? Do you simply expect Trump to fail his speeches? Is that acceptable to you in a president? How does that look on the world stage? Storming out and refusing questions?

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I like how he thinks that post is unbiased but it's 3 paragraphs fellating Trump while still taking shots at Kamala.

She needs to coached on what she says? You're saying this in contrast to Donald Trump😂 bruh GTFO.

Their username checks out. ¬¬

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackrose321 said:

I can imagine what he thinks...he's welcome to go there if he hates it here.

We had a conversation where I learned Wiki is anti-China because they removed pro-China sentiment........ in accordance with their neutrality policy.

• Haha 3

On 8/13/2024 at 9:16 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Totally normal to have the Governor let the police shoot citizens to force them back in their house.

Really going to help with that rural and working class vote that Waltz is supposed to help with.

Do you know what makes social media dangerous?  People like you who can't be bothered to fact check anything before sharing shit.

https://www.fox9.com/news/tim-walz-covid-lockdown-fact-check-video

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 4