UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

This is the first time I’ll be voting for people that I’d actually sit down and smoke a joint with.  I can see it now. Passing the blunt and bong. Kamala just smiling. Cheesing away as Tim Walz busts on JD Vance for being a sofa fuckin deviant.  Would be real fun. Put some Jimi Hendrix and Snoop on. Watch some cartoons. Eat some creations I make w peanut butter fluff chocolate brioche and a grilled cheese maker. Maybe get my hands on a 1up shroom bar. Totally would be a good time 

see….that’s how you do a fan fic. Imagine yourself getting tore up with the Pres and V Prez candidates. Not wtf the right is always doing. They always got protruding forehead veins going on.  That and dick vein over their homoerotic images of Trump lookin like Rambo. All you ever hear from them is bullshit an “no homo” as they salivate over pretend buff Trump. 

• Haha 5

In the end, the bigger hurdle for Shapiro was his face-to-face meeting with Harris, where he posed “very specific” questions about the role of a vice president, including what decisions he would be included in making, should they win election.

“He was negotiating the job with her, while Walz was saying ‘What can I do to help?’” said the Democratic adviser, who added that Shapiro was unquestionably a rising star in the party but just didn’t meet the moment and forge a comfortable connection with Harris.

dude was so confident that he tried divvying up the pie with the boss

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/06/politics/tim-walz-inside-harris-vp-pick/index.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

This is the first time I’ll be voting for people that I’d actually sit down and smoke a joint with.  I can see it now. Passing the blunt and bong. Kamala just smiling. Cheesing away as Tim Walz busts on JD Vance for being a sofa fuckin deviant.  Would be real fun. Put some Jimi Hendrix and Snoop on. Watch some cartoons. Eat some creations I make w peanut butter fluff chocolate brioche and a grilled cheese maker. Maybe get my hands on a 1up shroom bar. Totally would be a good time 

see….that’s how you do a fan fic. Imagine yourself getting tore up with the Pres and V Prez candidates. Not wtf the right is always doing. They always got protruding forehead veins going on.  That and dick vein over their homoerotic images of Trump lookin like Rambo. All you ever hear from them is bullshit an “no homo” as they salivate over pretend buff Trump. 

Right wing depictions of Trump are straight out of JoJo.

Which is very, very unstraight.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Right wing depictions of Trump are straight out of JoJo.

Which is very, very unstraight.

I’m sure the right wing has been writing Trump/Vance Yaoi. I imagine it’s like Mirage of Blaze except one of Vance’s lovers was reincarnated as a couch 

• Haha 7

What we are seeing now is the end of a Democratic party that blames it's shortcomings on the voters and finally acknowledging that they have to actually fucking do something.

Of course, once you acknowledge it. You really have to do it or else you look like you're full of shit. I hope they do it!

bafkreid3mv424a66n5xzyi3qcjz43zhhtekf42oxxulkhijymsfvdpateu.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

Isn't it obvious? He can't debate policy, he didn't win by debating policy, he won by appealing to certain demographics (some mixture of rural, christian, and racist) that wouldn't know any better. Ranting about immigrants to get bigots riled up is not a policy. Remember, the majority of Americans - 70%+ - can't read above a middle school level. Math scores are poor. Critical thinking skills are poor. He wasn't chosen by intellectuals for a reason. His constituents aren't educated enough to understand policy, and they aren't hardworking enough to learn. It's also why experts and education are under attack - that's not an accident.

Joe was an "easy" target because they're both old as dirt, they were banking on him making mistakes. In Trump's case though, you expect him to look and sound stupid because he always looks and sounds stupid so they never hold him accountable. There's no difference between one senior moment and the next. It's what the bulk of his base likes because, again, they aren't the people who are reading books, learning languages, enjoying or creating art, having open conversations, etc. They live very small, basic lives. They're throwing back brewskis after another shift at the factory, bitching about "woke" politics while their overlords underpay and overwork them. They drank the corporate koolaid. They blame the wrong people for their miserable lives because it feels good, these people enjoy pretending to be oppressed when they're only oppressed by their own stupidity.

Now that Joe is out, Trump's major tactic - name-calling - has to be retooled. And Kamala is less likely to fall for it than Biden, because she's younger and therefore sharper. Now Trump is the only old fart in the race. Not a great position to be in when you have no debate skills. He's already embarrassing himself, he can't get through a single speech or interview without throwing a tantrum or rambling incoherently. His own sheeple fall asleep mid-babble. He puts on a big act but make no mistake, the walls are closing in and he knows it. Not that anything will ever happen to him but he's a narcissist and narcs hate being laughed at. He knows he isn't savvy enough to navigate the lies he's told and the crimes he's committed when they're put right in front of him. The NABJ interview was just a taste of what's to come.

no one debates policy, at least not anymore. they barely talked about any policy the last 2 elections. trump is old but he did handle those other candidates in 2016 and 2020 in the debates. and i use the term debates loosely since its all a show. a shit show. all we know is both candidates support israel and US hegemony world wide. they been trying to distance kamala from the failed biden policy which is the right strategy. 

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

there are other candidates still in the running. vote for someone that aligns more closely to your views and policies. i dont see why people feel the need to align with a party that does not represent their interests. 

Because we live in a 2 party system.

I'm thinking this election might actually break both parties though. We might see a lot of fractioning.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Because we live in a 2 party system.

I'm thinking this election might actually break both parties though. We might see a lot of fractioning.

we dont have any party representing the interests of the people. no fractioning will occur since they are both complicit with not getting any shit done here and can only agree with the agenda abroad. 

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

we dont have any party representing the interests of the people. no fractioning will occur since they are both complicit with not getting any shit done here and can only agree with the agenda abroad. 

There's a lot of different people with different agendas

19 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

there are other candidates still in the running. vote for someone that aligns more closely to your views and policies. i dont see why people feel the need to align with a party that does not represent their interests. 

There are other candidates running, but name one that has above a 0.00000001% chance of winning.

I care more about keeping Trump out of office and not having a future straddling the line with Project 2025. You can moral grandstand all you want, it doesn't change that you have no solutions. You have complaints, and every answer you have is just petty high-horsing around. You want to be an arbitror for my morality without understanding it first? Fuck you, go ahead and throw the rest of society under the bus so you can feel better than the people it actually effects. Shit your pants in spite; their your pants, not mine.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

Cool, so I'm guessing you're voting 3rd party?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

There are other candidates running, but name one that has above a 0.00000001% chance of winning.

I care more about keeping Trump out of office and not having a future straddling the line with Project 2025. You can moral grandstand all you want, it doesn't change that you have no solutions. You have complaints, and every answer you have is just petty high-horsing around. You want to be an arbitror for my morality wothout understanding it first? Fuck you, go ahead and throw the rest of society under the bus so you can feel better than the people it actually effects. Shit your pants in spite; their your pants, not mine.

youre talking as if the dems aint gotta  us closer to ww3 than trump ever did. this country is fucked either way. why not vote for someone that aligns closer to what you believe in than the same ol "lesser of two evils" bullshit you seem to fallen for? always said, there are only different evils. vote for harris will keep us inline for ww3. vote for trump civil war. 

6 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

he does not. show me where he calls out on israel to stop. 

Of the protests against U.S. funding of the war in Gaza, Walz said: "This issue is a humanitarian crisis. They have every right to be heard... These folks are asking for a change in course, they're asking for more pressure to be put on… You can hold competing things: that Israel has the right to defend itself, and the atrocities of October 7 are unacceptable, but Palestinian civilians being caught in this… has got to end." Walz also said he supports a ceasefire in Gaza.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala-harris-vice-president-candidates-positions-israel-gaza-2024-7

If it's paywalled: 

https://web.archive.org/web/20240803004259/https://www.businessinsider.com/kamala-harris-vice-president-candidates-positions-israel-gaza-2024-7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

youre talking as if the dems aint gotta  us closer to ww3 than trump ever did. this country is fucked either way. why not vote for someone that aligns closer to what you believe in than the same ol "lesser of two evils" bullshit you seem to fallen for? always said, there are only different evils. vote for harris will keep us inline for ww3. vote for trump civil war. 

How so?

You say shit but don't bother to back it up.

At present, I'm concerned with my friends, family, and myself not getting thrown in concentration camps, so maybe go fuck yourself. You aren't morally superior for abandoning those in need out of whatever little shit you want to wig out over. The election is too serious to act like a self-righteous teen over.

I want to keep my health care. I want to protect myself and the people around me.

Why I don't vote third party now is because I'm not that selfish.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, stilgar said:

You may as well just not vote for the president. Still vote locally though.

i dont live in a swing state so my vote for president is not as important as to someone that lives in one. the last time this country voted red, i was still not alive. i do vote locally so i got that covered. 

12 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

How so?

You say shit but don't bother to back it up.

At present, I'm concerned with my friends, family, and myself not getting thrown in concentration camps, so maybe go fuck yourself. You aren't morally superior for abandoning those in need out of whatever little shit you want to wig out over. The election is too serious to act like a self-righteous teen over.

I want to keep my health care. I want to protect myself and the people around me.

Why I don't vote third party now is because I'm not that selfish.

letting israel not only commit genocide but not doing anything to restrain them? iran can attack at any minute and the US might send troops to protect israel. war expanding in that region is a disaster for everyone. theres still a war going on in ukraine and there is always a chance for nato to step in if they feel like ukraine gonna lose big. and also provocations in china still ramping up, but it seems to just be at the economic level at this point but that conflict will expand whenever we get our focus back.

what country you living in? they already throwing people in concentration camps, it is called ICE detention centers. they didnt go away cuz nobody is talking about them. cops still out there killing citizens no matter who is president. the healthcare we get is shit and expensive, but good for you for having good health care. 

you talking as if like life gonna get much worse when its been in a downhill trajectory regardless of who is sitting in the white house for as long as i can remember. we already lived through a trump presidency, it didnt feel much different than the biden presidency. 

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

letting israel not only commit genocide but not doing anything to restrain them? iran can attack at any minute and the US might send troops to protect israel. war expanding in that region is a disaster for everyone. theres still a war going on in ukraine and there is always a chance for nato to step in if they feel like ukraine gonna lose big. and also provocations in china still ramping up, but it seems to just be at the economic level at this point but that conflict will expand whenever we get our focus back.

what country you living in? they already throwing people in concentration camps, it is called ICE detention centers. they didnt go away cuz nobody is talking about them. cops still out there killing citizens no matter who is president. the healthcare we get is shit and expensive, but good for you for having good health care. 

you talking as if like life gonna get much worse when its been in a downhill trajectory regardless of who is sitting in the white house for as long as i can remember. we already lived through a trump presidency, it didnt feel much different than the biden presidency. 

What can Bernie do to stop the genocide? Personally? In reality?

Does this negate all good he's ever done?

Do you think I like ICE? Are you insane? Do you want ICE but for anyone that defies the GOP?

I have Medicare. I want everyone to have Medicare. I don't want to lose it. Guess who is more likely to make me lose it? And all the other disabled or elderly people who need it? You know Project 2025 wants to eliminate all welfare programs, right?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

What can Bernie do to stop the genocide? Personally? In reality?

Does this negate all good he's ever done?

Do you think I like ICE? Are you insane? Do you want ICE but for anyone that defies the GOP?

I have Medicare. I want everyone to have Medicare. I don't want to lose it. Guess who is more likely to make me lose it? And all the other disabled or elderly people who need it? You know Project 2025 wants to eliminate all welfare programs, right?

bernie can call out israel outright. same with any of the senators. he might not have much power but hes got enough to make a gesture of solidarity with the palestinians. he can call out israel even if  they end up  replacing him.

not sure what good you are talking about for bernie but this is not one you "miss" on. just muddles his career further.

i didnt say you like ice, simply saying concentration camps are already out there and would be nothing new, except this time they may go after you or me. 

i also want people to have healthcare coverage. should be a right. 

30 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

there is no victory when it comes to US elections. 

Well if that's your attitude towards this whole thing, what's the point of the theatrics. If you've already given up, and plan on doing the voter equivalent of nothing in response to it, what part of telling us Dems suck actually moves your nihilism arrow. 

I think the vast majority of us are quite disappointed in the Dems, and don't feel giving Trump the reigns is a good idea, so we are doing what is necessary to keep him out of office. Doing the most to defame Biden won't change a thing about this sentiment so what exactly is the goal? Just screaming at the walls with no better solution than what's currently in the kitchen?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Well if that's your attitude towards this whole thing, what's the point of the theatrics. If you've already given up, and plan on doing the voter equivalent of nothing in response to it, what part of telling us Dems suck actually moves your nihilism arrow. 

I think the vast majority of us are quite disappointed in the Dems, and don't feel giving Trump the reigns is a good idea, so we are doing what is necessary to keep him out of office. Doing the most to defame Biden won't change a thing about this sentiment so what exactly is the goal? Just screaming at the walls with no better solution than what's currently in the kitchen?

im not giving up at all. election is just a part of the fight. an important part for the duopoly to maintain some semblance of legitimacy of a democracy. but with it being rigged, voting 3rd party is more as a voice to reject their offers. there is other work needed to combat the system other than just voting. i harp on both parties but am more vocal towards the dems since they are the "progressive" party, the party that is supposed to represent me. 

people can say they dont want trump which is fine, i dont want him either. but i find the dems and republicans just as repulsive as you guys find trump. the future with either party is one that will find the sate of the country in worse shape. solution is to fight. 

28 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I think the vast majority of us are quite disappointed in the Dems, and don't feel giving Trump the reigns is a good idea, so we are doing what is necessary to keep him out of office.

None of us had conceivable hope a minute ago and now everyone’s confident. That part I can at least sympathize, but that libertarian rabbit hole has done nothing in the history of anything. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

im not giving up at all. election is just a part of the fight. an important part for the duopoly to maintain some semblance of legitimacy of a democracy. but with it being rigged, voting 3rd party is more as a voice to reject their offers. there is other work needed to combat the system other than just voting. i harp on both parties but am more vocal towards the dems since they are the "progressive" party, the party that is supposed to represent me. 

people can say they dont want trump which is fine, i dont want him either. but i find the dems and republicans just as repulsive as you guys find trump. the future with either party is one that will find the sate of the country in worse shape. solution is to fight. 

I don't think for a second they actually "count" red and blue votes until it's so close that they have to....pretty sure no one even looks at 3rd party votes...

But I can tell you it's not going to be changed in a fight at a ballot box. Historically, only sane people can come to common ground without bloodshed....I'm 100% sure Americans don't qualify.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

image.png.e078baa770c8a88af474b2e708822c1e.png

Not sure, but I take from Trump's message within the message that Biden's Presidency is legitimate.

He's so desperate to have Biden run because he thinks he would have a chance again. He knows he's going to lose

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

most likely yes. 

but you understand, by doing that, trump has a better shot getting in? 

2 votes for trump and 2 votes for harris (one is yours....except you don't like the candidates so you vote indi...which is cool cool)

now

2 votes for trump 1 vote harris one vote rfk. 

this is how trump will win. right now it really is all about keeping project 2025 out of our democracy. 

• Like 4

so, its Tampon Tim. Interesting choice. And by interesting, I mean awful. Harris needed to pick a candidate who can appeal to the more moderate members of the party as well as independents that usually wind up picking the president. Instead she is signaling she is planning on abandoning that effort to instead run up the numbers of the leftist and AWFL voting blocs.

This was a truly huge mistake on her part because of just how much ammo there is against this guy. Hes already facing all sorts of Stolen Valor claims because he abandoned his unit when they were called up to go to Iraq. Something JD Vance is going to hammer relentlessly.

In a way though, it does make sense that Tampon Tim is the pick. Harris couldnt go with Shapiro even though he is the far better choice, and presented a far more dangerous threat to the GOPs chances of winning. The pro-Hamas and antisemitic wings of the democratic party are just too strong anymore. They already worked together as well, so I guess thats a reason she picked him. Back in 2020 he let his cities burn during the BLM riots, and then she worked to get bail money to get the rioters out of jail.

This is also likely the first ticket in modern Presidential history where neither the Presidential nor Vice Presidential candidate picked up a single delegate in a primary process. Which will have absolutely no possibly chance of backfiring on them in any way. Nope, no possible way.

• D'oh 2