UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

24 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Or he's gonna push his wife.

To run for president? I admit I am pretty far out of the loop on some of this, but what I remember from her memoir was that she was proud of her husband and she supported him but she was also like omg president, really? Ok, here we go.... :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

I'm flashing on Arte Johnson's "Wolfgang".  "Verrry interrresting...but SCHTUPID!"

image.png.c2f888301c753e9285f084a5fb9d3205.png

Pretty sure that would have come up during the vice presidency nominations.

11 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

I'm flashing on Arte Johnson's "Wolfgang".  "Verrry interrresting...but SCHTUPID!"

I just...I don't relate. I get it, but I don't relate. They want to win at any cost, even if that means lying.

But I couldn't do it. I couldn't say stupid shit just to win. It would eat me up that I publicly revealed myself to be a moron. The mere thought makes me cringe. What kind of personality disorder do you need to feel good about that? I'm sure it makes life easier but what a shitty legacy to leave behind.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

I just...I don't relate. I get it, but I don't relate. They want to win at any cost, even if that means lying.

But I couldn't do it. I couldn't say stupid shit just to win. It would eat me up that I publicly revealed myself to be a moron. The mere thought makes me cringe. What kind of personality disorder do you need to feel good about that? I'm sure it makes life easier but what a shitty legacy to leave behind.

First, lose all personal integrity.  Then, lose your conscience and you'll be on the right track.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Republicans are being really vicious. Trump is claiming republicans should be reimbursed because Biden committed fraud

I really hope this all blows up on them because at this point it looks like they’re picking on an old man. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Republicans are being really vicious. Trump is claiming republicans should be reimbursed because Biden committed fraud

I really hope this all blows up on them because at this point it looks like they’re picking on an old man. 

They’re really pissed they spent all this money on Sleepy Joe ads only to deal with a much younger candidate.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I feel like if Trump really meant that, he'd use his billions to reimburse his followers himself. :LithiumSmileyLMAO:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

They’re really pissed they spent all this money on Sleepy Joe ads only to deal with a much younger candidate.

He’s also scared shit cuz this could energize democrats and he thought he was beating Biden hands down 

• Like 3

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

He’s also scared shit cuz this could energize democrats and he thought he was beating Biden hands down 

There seems to be a renewed hope and enthusiasm besides “Better than Trump.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

They tried to make the Zodiac Killer, who was born in Canada, a presidential candidate. Not very bright people. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

He's freedom from prison is on the line. He's quite invested now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I really want to say "I hope they sue to compel the Dems to nominate Biden" but then I remembered they gutted and took over the judiciary

Something else for Kamala to run on.  Judiciary reform.  I mean Biden wanted to introduce those policies so it’s not out of whole cloth.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

He can’t help himself. He’s going to lose whatever he gained when he got shot at 

Seriously, he's not the first candidate to survive an assassination attempt . . . but Biden withdrew closer to election time than any other president in the entire history of this country. Oh no, the spotlight is no longer on Trump's situation anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

He can’t help himself. He’s going to lose whatever he gained when he got shot at 

At this rate, he’s going to have to convince another gullible kid to take a shot at immortality before the end of the week.  Maybe an impromptu rally at a Home Depot across the street from the County Park.

• Haha 3

Welp, black folks gonna fuck this up. Your average black voter likes uncle Joe but hates Kamala....she was the bitter pill that came along with him.

Without thinking about what she could do in office, the fact that "she's 12" is going to shift the narrative back to us saying "I'm not voting" because we know we don't want Trump but don't want the blow to the ego that we voted for a "cop" because we aren't willing to forget her time as DA in Cali.

......Today is the first I've heard about her South Asian heredity...I guess it's definitely a boon that they are driving in that direction because....well, I'll not beat a dead horse.

All that said, I am cool with the optimism.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

This was the narrative I was kinda looking forward to. There's zero logic to it, and it's painfully obvious they wanted the same easy target all the way up to election. Pure panic.

Almost makes me want to see Biden just resign out of pure spite and just let her take over. "What? No, what, you can't just resign, that's not fair!"

Almost.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Pretty sure that would have come up during the vice presidency nominations.

3 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

I think the takeaway tsar was aiming for, is even if that was true, it doesn't make Kamala ineligible.... Everyone knows (or, should know) if you were born on U.S. soil you are a natural born citizen, regardless of the citizenship status of your parents. Even if both of her parents were illegal immigrants at the time of her birth, she'd still be a natural born U.S. citizen from having been born on U.S. soil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

This was the narrative I was kinda looking forward to. There's zero logic to it, and it's painfully obvious they wanted the same easy target all the way up to election. Pure panic.

Almost makes me want to see Biden just resign out of pure spite and just let her take over. "What? No, what, you can't just resign, that's not fair!"

Almost.

And then she'd have the incumbency advantage @Belize kept mentioning.

Biden: 2021 to 2025

Harris: 2025 to 2033

That might actually make a significant dent in global warming if it helps us get to net zero carbon emissions by the middle of the century. 

Edited by Belize

8 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I've seen people saying that from the moment she didn't leave him they knew she stayed as a scheme to become president herself, and then used NY as a stepping stone to get there.

I thought the argument was that she knew about Bill's sex crimes and continued to support him.

Not personally saying I believe that. This was from the Bucket-Nabs spectrum, so citations were very needed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Now that Harris is probably going to be the candidate everyone should push that Trump is too old to run.  If it weren’t for the Adderall he’d only be awake 2 hours a day, more house cat than man. 

But Harris is a wamen over 25! She's past her prime! That's too old to be president!

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

I thought the argument was that she knew about Bill's sex crimes and continued to support him.

Not personally saying I believe that. This was from the Bucket-Nabs spectrum, so citations were very needed.

It was never really clear for me either.  They did parade the women Bill assaulted during the 2016 election, so that’s what I thought.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Welp, black folks gonna fuck this up. Your average black voter likes uncle Joe but hates Kamala....she was the bitter pill that came along with him.

Without thinking about what she could do in office, the fact that "she's 12" is going to shift the narrative back to us saying "I'm not voting" because we know we don't want Trump but don't want the blow to the ego that we voted for a "cop" because we aren't willing to forget her time as DA in Cali.

......Today is the first I've heard about her South Asian heredity...I guess it's definitely a boon that they are driving in that direction because....well, I'll not beat a dead horse.

All that said, I am cool with the optimism.

and that was my other point. 

Has anyone actually seen Biden since the announcement? As far as I can tell there isnt even a single picture of him signing his own letter at this point.

Are we actually sure he made this decision?  Because he has the chance to do the funniest thing ever if he walks on camera and says that a rogue staffer made that letter.

• D'oh 2

8 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It was never really clear for me either.  They did parade the women Bill assaulted during the 2016 election, so that’s what I thought.

Which really just goes to show how terrible MAGAts are - anyone voting for Trump after everything that's happened is a truly awful person. Criticize Bill if you want, I don't worship politicians so I don't care, but don't forget that your god-chosen christian president fucked at least one hooker while his THIRD wife was pregnant with his son.

Can you imagine the amount of bullying that kid probably got in school? He's rich as fuck but so is everyone else he hangs out around, his money makes no difference - having your daddy's whoring around plastered all over the internet while you're in high school must have really helped his social life and self-esteem. And it definitely helped Trump's marriage, how many times has Melania been recorded swatting his hand away?

For the kids! Save our kids! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Which really just goes to show how terrible MAGAts are - anyone voting for Trump after everything that's happened is a truly awful person. Criticize Bill if you want, I don't worship politicians so I don't care, but don't forget that your god-chosen christian president fucked at least one hooker while his THIRD wife was pregnant with his son.

Can you imagine the amount of bullying that kid probably got in school? He's rich as fuck but so is everyone else he hangs out around, his money makes no difference - having your daddy's whoring around plastered all over the internet while you're in high school must have really helped his social life and self-esteem. And it definitely helped Trump's marriage, how many times has Melania been recorded swatting his hand away?

For the kids! Save our kids! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

On that note, my MiL, who considers herself a totally devout christian despite all of the major sins she's committed, also had snark for Jill Biden because she speaks out in support of her husband.

How damn fast do you think she'd flip her shit if I started swatting my husband, her son, and refused to support his career choices?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Some GOP politicians are saying if Biden is not fit to run in the election then he probably shouldn't be president right now. It's nice to know they're excited for Harris to become president, even going so far to help her become one regardless of the election.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Has anyone actually seen Biden since the announcement? As far as I can tell there isnt even a single picture of him signing his own letter at this point.

Are we actually sure he made this decision?  Because he has the chance to do the funniest thing ever if he walks on camera and says that a rogue staffer made that letter.

You can fuck off with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3