UnevenEdge

Migrants? Political stunts

Sawdy

I read this and got furious because there’s literally nothing on Martha’s Vineyards for immigrants. Where will they live?  Most of the people living there are seasonal the only thing that would have been worse is if they dropped them off in the middle of PTown where there’s always a housing crisis.  My rage at this is also because these are fuckin human beings not pawns in some low IQ chess game that DeSantis is playing. 

• Like 4

They have the money to bus their version of undesirables hundreds and thousands of miles from a border [ where relatives might actually be waiting ] but they can't pay their bills when things like their super awesome unregulated power grids shit the bed and all the surrounding states have to pitch in to fix things, passing on the costs to their customers. :| 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

DeSantis pledges to fly thousands more migrants directly into Martha's Vineyard. 

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/desantis-marthas-vineyard-immigration/2022/09/15/id/1087682/

Conservatives are thrilled about this and see it as a massive win.

If you’ve never been to Martha’s Vineyard, and I’m assuming you haven’t… they will love them there because they all employ them to take care of their shit properties… sadly….

marthas vineyard and Nantucket is one of the best examples of the haves and have nots in their little worlds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

If you’ve never been to Martha’s Vineyard, and I’m assuming you haven’t… they will love them there because they all employ them to take care of their shit properties… sadly….

marthas vineyard and Nantucket is one of the best examples of the haves and have nots in their little worlds

i was JUST going to come here and comment this exact thing. i imagine they will be housed in chilmark. i haven't seen the island in some time, but that would be my guess.

the fact is, these folks will be employed immediately and will start getting taxed. 

desantis is a huge cunt for pulling this stunt, but i imagine in the grand scheme of things it backfired?

classism is a tricky thing to put out there, so it's always under the cloak of racism. 

as it was stated, this is illegal af,  and i for one would like to see some actual fucking justice done. 

• Like 2

Never been out east, i hear its nice, and i hope the refugees are well taken care of over there.

Conservatives don't see minorities as human, and believe that surely everyone else agrees with them. Doesn't matter if the people integrate into the community and become productive and valuable members of society, the Republicans still act like they just sent a burning bag of poop on liberals doorstep.

Hopefully they don't realize their plan backfired, because people who are thrilled about loading up trains with undesirables will surely ship them elsewhere if they feel they aren't treated badly enough.

The only issue with Martha's Vineyard is from what i understand there are no nearby immigration courts for the refugees to check in with, so ICE could theoretically deport them all at any time.

• Like 1

I was just told that he's not even spending FL taxpayer dollars to traffick migrants/refugees out of Florida. He's using FL taxpayer dollars to traffick migrants/refugees out of Texas.

On top of not eliciting the intended reaction (liberal hypocrisy), it just all seems so ripe to blow up right in his face from every angle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice little update to this.  They've been rounded up and bused out of Marthas Vineyard.

This absolutely is a stunt, and holy hell is it working.  The amount of pure range and indignation from the left shows just how well this worked. Claiming that a few hundred people are overwhelming resources, require federal support, and are a humanitarian crisis while at the same time saying theres nothing wrong at all at our border. Its just laughable on its face.  And the calls for kidnapping and human trafficking charges? LOL, now that got me rolling.

The Left has flat out ignored the crisis at the border and screamed "RACISTTTTT!!!!" at the top of their lungs the second anyone says we need to secure the border. Now they are paying a tiny fraction of a price for their open border policies and are melting town. They have had no problem electing people and enacting policies that led to this crisis because it never directly impacted them. It just impacted those nasty people down in Texas. Now that they are slightly inconvenienced they are shrieking and losing their minds. I hope DeSantis and Abbot pick up the pace on this. You want to be a sanctuary city? Fine. Bus illegals there by the thousands.

Edited by Master-Debater131
  • Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

32 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Nice little update to this.  They've been rounded up and bused out of Marthas Vineyard.

This absolutely is a stunt, and holy hell is it working.  The amount of pure range and indignation from the left shows just how well this worked. Claiming that a few hundred people are overwhelming resources, require federal support, and are a humanitarian crisis while at the same time saying theres nothing wrong at all at our border. Its just laughable on its face.  And the calls for kidnapping and human trafficking charges? LOL, now that got me rolling.

The Left has flat out ignored the crisis at the border and screamed "RACISTTTTT!!!!" at the top of their lungs the second anyone says we need to secure the border. Now they are paying a tiny fraction of a price for their open border policies and are melting town. They have had no problem electing people and enacting policies that led to this crisis because it never directly impacted them. It just impacted those nasty people down in Texas. Now that they are slightly inconvenienced they are shrieking and losing their minds. I hope DeSantis and Abbot pick up the pace on this. You want to be a sanctuary city? Fine. Bus illegals there by the thousands.

The only thing I've seen the Left angry about is the use of people for a political stunt.  Those migrants didn't agree to this.  They were expecting to go to Boston.
How fucked does one have to be to think that's ok?  These are humans.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Sieg67 said:

The only thing I've seen the Left angry about is the use of people for a political stunt.  Those migrants didn't agree to this.  They were expecting to go to Boston.
How fucked does one have to be to think that's ok?  These are humans.

The right do not see non whites as human.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Pretty sure no one has been "shrieking" about it other than to point out that it's inhumane regardless of what becomes of the refugees.  First you shit on Harry for not being sufficiently grieving, now you're expressing glee that liberals are horrified by a profoundly dehumanizing act?  Sounds like your idea of empathy is entirely superficial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • D'oh 1

8 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

@Master-Debater131 why are you pro-human trafficking? 

Follow up question- do you believe the segregationist who did the exact same thing to black people were as amazing as DeSantis?

Follow-up follow-up question- you're seriously in favor of rounding up shipping thousands of people across the nation for the express purpose of causing harm to people? 

Lastly- are you just straight up unapologetically racist now? I mean, your argument isn't even trying to be "im not racist", your argument is "im racist, but don't call me racist because other people are racist."

Its very sad.

• Like 3
  • D'oh 1

41 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Thanks Gov DeSantis!

Not a surprise though.  A real underlying problem with the lefts hysteria is that it totally ignores the point that they are being told what is going on before they board a bus or plane. They are doing it voluntarily.

Already posted that spin.

10 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Current narrative: "oh, so the refugees are being taken care of? And liberals are acting like DeSantis is a bad guy for giving them this opportunity."

image.thumb.png.c19a81f0076ef5e28dcfea3f58f266cc.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

I was just told that he's not even spending FL taxpayer dollars to traffick migrants/refugees out of Florida. He's using FL taxpayer dollars to traffick migrants/refugees out of Texas.

On top of not eliciting the intended reaction (liberal hypocrisy), it just all seems so ripe to blow up right in his face from every angle.

*points to conservatives delighting over immoral and illegal acts of overt fascism*

Yeah, it's blowing up all right.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

With all do respect MD you’re a fuckin idiot.  Pretty sure Martha’s Vineyards never claimed to be a “sanctuary city” no one told them they were coming and they were tricked into getting on buses in TX with promises of jobs and housing  two things that are lacking on MV sure they can take care of the homes during the winter but then what?  You’re just such a fuckin dbag to say to bus them by the thousands to sanctuary cities these are humans, you generic box of fruit loops,  they weren’t even asked where they wanted to go or where they were going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

@Master-Debater131 i found the perfect pooh quote to replace the one in your sig that no longer applies.

I really shouldn’t have said it like that but jfc how wrong can one person be. She fuckin sounds as gleeful as a New York Post editorial making shit up about “the left freaking out” 

Mass isn’t a sanctuary state and of the 8 sanctuary cities declared in the state MV was not one of them yet they still treated the migrants like humans and not game pieces 

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/sanctuary-cities-massachusetts-migrants-marthas-vineyard/

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

It doesn't matter if the thing people are "freaking out" over is the ghoulishness of the republican party.

The evoked a negative reaction by harming people.

That means they win, and they're thrilled about it.

Exactly right the only anger I have seen was over treating human beings like they didn’t matter at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I really shouldn’t have said it like that but jfc how wrong can one person be. She fuckin sounds as gleeful as a New York Post editorial making shit up about “the left freaking out” 

Don't regret it, you're speaking truth. She's a monster.

Demand she change her sig.

Get the mods involved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What's very interesting here is that all of DeSantis and Abbot's base are super happy about this. They think this really is a huge win against liberal hypocrisy. They are all stuck in this media echo chamber to believe that their wasted tax dollars are being used for something worthwhile. Even though that something is human trafficking.

It's shit like this that makes you realize that debating these folks is useless when they are so thoroughly brain washed and convinced that the left is evil incarnate that they will just not listen. They can't see that they are enabling true evil through their ignorance.

This will probably result in Abbot getting re-elected against Beto this year and DeSantis doing better against Trump in 2024. Because the GOP has trained their base that this is great. That inhumanity is good. It's all so fucked.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

It's shit like this that makes you realize that debating these folks is useless when they are so thoroughly brain washed and convinced that the left is evil incarnate that they will just not listen. They can't see that they are enabling true evil through their ignorance.

This is why all I do is tell jingo to go fuck himself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2