UnevenEdge

What is General Discussion listening to? Volume eleventeen thousand fifty-five!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I drove my dad to (minor) surgery this morning and I waited in the car and listened to music while I waited to drive him home. My playlist included:

Black Sabbath: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Symptom of the Universe, Dirty Women
Wakefield: Old Man
Witchcraft: Her Sisters They Were Weak, Nucleus
Gamma Ray: Heal Me
Visigoth: Warrior Queen
Lordian Gaurd: Lost Archangel, Revelation XIX
Uriah Heep: The Park
Scorpions: Sails of Charon
The Well: Freedom Above
Sleep: Dragonaut
Master Sword: Children of Old
Legend: The Golden Bell
Jimi Hendrix: Midnight Lightning (version from the South Saturn Delta album)

For years I've heard that a certain hit song was a complete ripoff of a Rolling Stones song and that the Stones sued the band that had the hit.  I didn't think it was that big a ripoff and couldn't believe that a judge found for the Stones.  Terri Hemmert of WXRT posted on FB the complete story today.  Turns out it wasn't the Stones, it was their manager Allan Klein (he who was also the main reason the Beatles broke up)  that sued received the proceeds (~$5 M) and had the song writing credits changed to Jaggar-Richards (despite the lyrics being completely different).  Also, it wasn't the Stones that were ripped off, it was Andrew Lloyd Oldham, the Stones previous manager, who released an instrumental version of the Stones song (btw - the Stones ripped the song off The Staple Singers, who "didn't have a high-powered lawyer").  With Allan Klein's passing, the Stones (who actually liked the version done by The Verve) allowed Richard Ashcroft song writing credits on future releases).  You'll recognize this immediately...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...