UnevenEdge

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War Arc (October 2022) New Trailer Released

Oh, it's finally here!  Just a few more months!  I can't wait to see so many epic manga moments animated and hopefully some stuff expanded on!  This is going to be amazing!

And that animation! They really went all out!

spared-no-expense-jurassic-park.gif

And I didn't get around to looking up the interview, I think someone said in the comments that it was Anime Expo, where Kubo said he is working closely with the anime's team, to flesh things out better, that he wasn't able to do with this arc later on, due to his health at the time.  So, I hope that is accurate.  This is definitely one of those cases where you don't want a 1:1 manga adaptation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

And I didn't get around to looking up the interview, I think someone said in the comments that it was Anime Expo, where Kubo said he is working closely with the anime's team, to flesh things out better, that he wasn't able to do with this arc later on, due to his health at the time.  So, I hope that is accurate.  This is definitely one of those cases where you don't want a 1:1 manga adaptation.

Yeah, never read it but based on what most people have said, that'd be great if he could do that for the anime version.

• Like 1

Well, I can confirm that what I saw in the comments is true.  Kubo said extra battles are going to be in the anime that got cut from that manga.  I hope some uhhh OTHER important scenes will be included as well, haha.

And it is good to hear that Kubo is involved in every step of the animation process.

LOL at Kubo saying he didn't have high hopes for the anime original arcs.  He said he liked the Invasion Army arc though, but I don't know which one that is.  The clones or the zanpakuto one?  Both of those were pretty decent, if I recall.

And yes we can tell the animation and colors have changed!  The show looks amazing now!

I still can't get over that his name is "Tight Kubo" and not "Tee-teh Kubo" all this time.  The Tite "Tittie" Kubo joke has been rendered null and void! xD Oh I forgot to post this. 

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/bleach-characters-breast-size-most-challenging-tite-kubo-explains/

Kubo actually complained that big boobs are hard to draw.  Why did he make so many big boob girls then? 🤣

Also Kubo seems to have aged in reverse?!  Did he dye his hair?  Maybe make-up was put on him?

Here is an interview from the producer and director.  I don't have much to add here, but, sounds good.

Masakazu Morita (Japanese Ichigo VA) interview.  Not much of note was said here, but man, is this guy lively!  I do wish I got to see what he saw of the show being worked on, though.

Masakazu Morita and Johnny Yong Bosch doing some of Icigo's iconic lines from the series.  I think it is safe to say the voice acting should still be good too.

Those screen shots.  Bleach's art style changed a lot since the beginning.

And these guys are 50 and 46 now?!  We're all getting OLD!  Fuck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 11:22 PM, EmpressAngel said:

Oh no, I want that 1:1 translation. It's not fair if the anime-only audience doesn't have to spend three entire months sitting through a weird, baffling clown fight.

Which one?

And it's been too long since we've seen really stupid character names. 😥

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

That’s probably just for in Japan

Wait for Viz Media to say something or Disney to actually acknowledge this before worrying about it.

But if it does stream on Disney Plus outside of Japan, it’s not likely to be censored. They stream R rated movies now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s still a very bizarre license for Disney of all people to pick up.

Odds are locally it will be on Hulu, at least till Disney fully guts it and integrates it with Disney+ which won’t happen for years.  For context, Prey, the new (fairly good actually) Predator movie, is on Hulu in North America and Disney + internationally.

Edited by Jman
  • D'oh 2

45 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Good on you for not falling for the clickbait.

Unlike several ani-tubers and many people on social media… what a headache.

Here’s an article from 2021 stating Viz Media has the VOD, television, digital sales and merch rights to Bleach: TYBW outside of Asia.

https://t.co/eIvx7mLUAl

And here’s another one

https://t.co/HDSwkPynVy

Oddly, ANN’s article doesn’t mention Viz having the rights but their listing for the series indicates Viz Media is the licensor.

Viz Media CAN sell the streaming rights to Disney+ outside of Asia but I can’t imagine it would be an exclusive deal. Crunchyroll and FUNimation both streamed YashaHime along with Hulu. Viz Media recently added YashaHime, Death Note, HxH and InuYasha to Amazon Prime Video. Bleach:TYBW will probably simulcast on CR and Hulu and maybe Amazon, Tubi or another service. It could be on Disney+ as well but exclusively? That’s hella unlikely. Rest assured it’s not getting locked in Disney+ jail like Summertime Rendering and Black Rock Shooter season 2.

The dub can still feasibly air on Toonami and Adult Swim have probably been saving up to be able to afford it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you really going to go off of a random tweet from a noname account as your trusted source, again?

And I didn't know Disney + had any anime besides Star Wars Visions.

Anyway, it looks like new character designs have been released.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/bleach-thousand-year-blood-war-official-character-designs/

https://bleach-anime.com/character

You can't save the images from the mobile page.  Maybe you could on the PC, for sure with Inspect Element on Chrome.  So, I can't embed them right now (well I could, but I'm too lazy to hop on the computer to do so.)  Although, there's too many characters to embed them all anyway.  You can click around on this site.

Hey, I forgot that Rukia's birthday is only a few days away from my own!

Spoiler

And look at that, his name is written as Juhabach now again, which makes a lot more sense.

A lot of the other name changes and spellings are weird though.  S-not instead of As Nodt?  Driscoll BELCH?  We've got snot and belch on the Vandenreich side now!

Edited by ben0119

On 8/14/2022 at 1:14 AM, ben0119 said:

And I didn't know Disney + had any anime besides Star Wars Visions.

I know they're making an anime out of their Pretty Boy Villain Isekai game* and they have a handful of other titles they've announced to stream at some point, but I think Star Wars is the only one on the service now.

*I don't know how much money it costs to get Catboy Scar to love me back but by god I am gonna find out.

• Like 2

https://disneytvanimation.com/post/692164035493380096/the-top-most-streamed-animated-shows-on-disney

Apparently Disney + is airing Spy X Family in international territories, and it’s so popular it’s in their top 20 animated worldwide despite its limited reach.  So Disney + getting Bleach in certain territories could happen, or that could be the impetus to expand their offerings.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, Jman said:

https://disneytvanimation.com/post/692164035493380096/the-top-most-streamed-animated-shows-on-disney

Apparently Disney + is airing Spy X Family in international territories, and it’s so popular it’s in their top 20 animated worldwide despite its limited reach.  So Disney + getting Bleach in certain territories could happen, or that could be the impetus to expand their offerings.

I wonder if that counts Hulu. Spy x Family is on Hulu in the US.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, PokeNirvash said:

I sense that as code for "Adult Swim gets first right of refusal for world English premiere". Either that or "fans are so fucking stupid holy shit".

Or it’s code for “Disney + does have it and is going to wait to release it.”

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:09 PM, 3ngag3 said:

I'm seeing rumors that the new Bleach will NOT be simulcast upon release.

A staggering blow for fans in the West if true.

Again, stop listening to bullshit rumors.  People are actually complaining because they THINK something might not happen.  So stupid.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jman said:

Bleach is on Disney Plus in the US, which means it’s not on Toonami.

1. They're talking about the SUB, not the dub.

2. They're saying it will STREAM there, not air on TV. Toonami doesn't "stream" ([adult swim] does but not Toonami.)

Therefore I don't think there's enough information in this post to definitely conclude it's NOT coming to Toonami. All we can deduce is that the subtitled version is streaming on 3 different platforms.

Which, quite frankly is probably how it SHOULD be.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Idk, I feel like Disney and Amazon would be totally fine with throwing out more money to pick up the broadcast rights just to spite a competitor.

They totally would if Viz granted them the rights to do so. So the question is, did Viz do that? We might never know if it doesn't show up on Toonami.

So far no US service has announced Bleach but in Canada it will be on Disney+ and that certainly adds some credence to Disney getting the rights in multiple regions but if it ends up on a single service in the US then it's probably gonna be Hulu.

Viz definitely could stream it on Hulu and still allow Toonami to air it. They're definitely gearing up for the dub given they made cast announcements already. Seems a bit unlikely that they'd do same-day releases for the dub and the sub but it could end up being Viz's fastest turn-around so far and come out 4-5 weeks after the simulcast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The new trailers have been really well done.  This new one for the Stern Ritters is pretty awesome.  Not much longer now!

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/bleach-removed-from-crunchyroll/

Well, Bleach has been taken off Crunchyroll, so wherever the new series is streaming, it probably won't be on there.  And yeah, the dub probably won't be far behind, with how much that has been promoted.  Still weird that with so close to the debut, we don't know where it will be streaming. 

On 9/11/2022 at 11:57 AM, Top Gun said:

Well it'll be a pretty trainwreck at least.

Well Kubo is involved with this series and adding more to the fights and more to the story, maybe it will fix some of the issues the manga had. 

Edited by ben0119

On 10/1/2022 at 10:49 PM, Jman said:

The dub is going to premiere at an NYCC panel next Saturday.  That’s probably where we hear the news.

I don't recall any mention of the dub being shown at NYCC, where did you hear that? The first episode will be shown there but I was pretty sure that was the subbed version. Even if they do show the first episode of the dub at NYCC it won't necessarily mean they will do same day releases for the dub and the simulcast going forward but that's a remarkable choice on Viz's part. If the dub is being shown before the simulcast starts then I'd say the dub airing on Toonami in November is looking more and more plausible if Viz allows it.

Edited by Sketch

They sure took their sweet time to announce the obvious.

CR got screwed out of Bleach and you know what? I’m glad they did but going with Disney internationally is an unexpected move.

We can only guess if Viz will also let Toonami air it or if it will be locked down on Hulu in the US.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, PokeNirvash said:

If anyone knows how much Toonami is struggling for acquisitions right now, it's VIZ. I'd be surprised if they didn't throw [as] a bone on this one.

It would be especially fitting because Viz hardly has anything of their own right now. It's all titles related to older series they have, plus the very occasional bone thrown their way from Crunchyroll, like Jujutsu Kaisen. I feel like most people don't realize CR isn't putting it out on home video themselves.

• Like 1