UnevenEdge

I’m broken

SwimOdin

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

Never thought I’d be someone who “likes” yard work, but it’s happened. Y’all have some adulting you hated when you were young that you now enjoy?

Somebody Old Yeller me.

I don't hate it but I never have time for it. I had a funeral yesterday and then went to work. I didn't get home until 10:30 last night. This last year has been ridiculously. I still have customers wanting to be wait listed for three months. You can drive over and use my tractor if you finish all your yard work.

I burst into flames if I'm out in the direct sun for too long. :| If I ever move out of apartment land, it'll be to move to condo land because someone else will still be forced to do the yard work. 

I do tend to wear aprons now by choice and not because gender-forced. If I have a lot of cleaning or crafting to do, I pick an apron, handkerchief the hair and make that mess. 

No one messes with someone in a 'Los Hermanos Pollos' apron carrying cans of spray paint. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GunStarHero said:

God I wish I still liked cooking lol

You did it as a career...one of my "Dre's" was to own my own restaurant and I kept thinking, I cook for family and functions because I love the reaction of the people ....I just feel like customers complaining just because would piss me off and I'd hate it

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 12:00 AM, André Toulon said:

You did it as a career...one of my "Dre's" was to own my own restaurant and I kept thinking, I cook for family and functions because I love the reaction of the people ....I just feel like customers complaining just because would piss me off and I'd hate it

Customers will piss you off in basically any field, really, but unless you outright own your own place in an area that allows you to flex your culinary creativity, you're gonna be making the same dishes over and over and over again with little to no variations and to largely zero fanfare. You rarely hear a compliment, but you always hear complaints. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

I took him to show the baby, but I put him back where I found him, and a few minutes later he was gone.

I use an electric mower and I love it. If I could rid my life if combustion engine, I would.

me with no yard: 

They make electric lawn mowers?! 

12 hours ago, Vamped said:

me with no yard: 

They make electric lawn mowers?! 

They’re the best. Don’t have to deal with carburetor problems, you push a button to start instead of pulling the string, it’s quiet, it doesn’t spew fumes all over you, and you don’t have to buy crazy gas. Only downside is my front + backyard is too much for one battery charge.

• Like 1

Best believe if/when I get a yard, you will not see me out there fucking around trying to pull that cord.

Some old man at work was telling how ashamed he was of men not being able to start a lawn mower and I was like .... we'll be out there looking stupid together 

No I take that back, I don't do outside. I'd be in the window providing moral support in the A/C

• 2 weeks later...