UnevenEdge

2 quick questions about Vick's vapor rub

André Toulon

Like, I figure it's just Vaseline with menthol in it, but like, if I had a slight wound, and rubbed some on it, would it do anything.....well, anything good. I guess I'd like to know if it'll poison my bloodstream or some shit.

And, .....ok, I don't know if this is regional, cultural, or just my crazy ass family, but have you ever heard it called (I have no idea how it would be spelled since I've never seen it written) Vicksas....my mom, grandma, uncle, aunt's.....anyone currently over 60....called it Vicksas and I don't know why.

Also, commend me for not spelling it vicksass

4 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

It will hurt like bloody hell and you'll wish for death. 

I doubt you'd put enough on there long enough to actually poison yourself since you'll likely win a land speed record for getting that crap off. :D

I'm a masochist and love physical pain. I've nipped my sack shaving hundreds of times and I slap alcohol on that shit instantly, and straight up feel like I'm on cloud nine while I'm clenching my teeth, writhing in pain.

The problem right now being there is no alcohol in my bathroom for some reason, and. I used all the peroxide last week. Don't have any other topical meds so ...... Vick's?

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

I'm a masochist and love physical pain. I've nipped my sack shaving hundreds of times and I slap alcohol on that shit instantly, and straight up feel like I'm on cloud nine while I'm clenching my teeth, writhing in pain.

The problem right now being there is no alcohol in my bathroom for some reason, and. I used all the peroxide last week. Don't have any other topical meds so ...... Vick's?

Alcohol at least evaporates, Vick's sticks. 

Try hand sanitizer if you have any for quick owie clean-up. It at least evaporates.  

I've always heard people call it Vicksas. The only time I've heard people call it vicks is in the commercials. You know to ask for it correctly in public if you need to ... but it's one of those things.

Don't know about open wounds but you can you can use it like Bengay and put it on warts  ... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Alcohol at least evaporates, Vick's sticks. 

Try hand sanitizer if you have any for quick owie clean-up. It at least evaporates.  

This is actually what i did when my eye finally grazed across it....I was like "I have like 40 little bottles of alcohol with little lanyards on them that i got for the kids for school" and ran that.

• Like 1

1.  It won't poison you.  (It's basically the same oil extract as what's in peppermint.)

2.  I've never heard it used here by anyone.  Might be regional, but idioms that are regional usually have a cultural component.

3.  I think you should trademark  Vicksass.

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, André Toulon said:

I did it again, and I did it....I have vicksass on my nuts. 

It's glorious....I may do this even when I don't shave

• Like 1

So...fun fact that I just read about...

some people use Vick's to help shrink their waist. 

Buddy is gonna shrink his balls. o.O  

Spoiler

the effect is apparently temporary and works by dehydrating the area in question so any form of rehydration basically re-fills the slimmed area. 

22 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Hide contents

the effect is apparently temporary and works by dehydrating the area in question so any form of rehydration basically re-fills the slimmed area. 

Idc, I'm done withem

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Hide contents

But you'll smell like you're sick. Anytime I smell vicksass on someone I'm like .... oh no they're diseased 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Vamped said:

But you'll smell like you're sick. Anytime I smell vicksass on someone I'm like .... oh no they're diseased 

I mean, its on my balls....if youre smelling it and we've made it this far, i think you just charge it to the game.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Hide contents

Finally, a solution to this massive dong between my legs….

• Haha 3

On 3/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, André Toulon said:

Use honey, if you have it.

I watched a video explaining the dangers of putting Bengay on your testicles.   The skin is much thinner on the scrotum so it got introduced to the bloodstream in higher volume than normal.

Should be fine if it's not a gaping open cut, though.

7 hours ago, Vamped said:

What? Why? 

You just glaze your balls with honey?

Honey is soothing and anti-fungal. Considering its basically bee spit, its fairly hygienic. 

I prefer to use beeswax in homemade salves but I'm not sending buddy a jar to rub on his nuts. o.O 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Honey is soothing and anti-fungal. Considering its basically bee spit, its fairly hygienic. 

I prefer to use beeswax in homemade salves but I'm not sending buddy a jar to rub on his nuts. o.O 

Yeah, but what if Buddy isn't growing mushrooms on his ballsack?

On 3/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, André Toulon said:

Like, I figure it's just Vaseline with menthol in it, but like, if I had a slight wound, and rubbed some on it, would it do anything.....well, anything good. I guess I'd like to know if it'll poison my bloodstream or some shit.

And, .....ok, I don't know if this is regional, cultural, or just my crazy ass family, but have you ever heard it called (I have no idea how it would be spelled since I've never seen it written) Vicksas....my mom, grandma, uncle, aunt's.....anyone currently over 60....called it Vicksas and I don't know why.

Also, commend me for not spelling it vicksass

My family just called it Vick's. They weren't into cutesy nicknames for anything though. This is the first time I've heard it called Vicksas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

My family just called it Vick's. They weren't into cutesy nicknames for anything though. This is the first time I've heard it called Vicksas.

I don't think it was meant to be cutesy....I think like poet said, it was at one time vick's salve.....But since i have no way to verify that, I'm just assuming.

• Like 1