UnevenEdge

"Please, don't, I have kids!"

Mix

You've heard some version of that line in movies and tv shows, usually as the last words of a character at gun point. 

Is that line really so effective at preventing murder?

Do would be murderers care so much about kids growing up with both parents?

I don't think so. 

I do, however, believe it can be made so effective that homicide and orphanage statistics in this country will never be the same again.

I propose a law that makes murderers responsible for raising the children of their victims.

The death penalty is a slap on the wrist compared to PTA meetings and children's musicals....you die a thousand deaths....

With this law in effect, the next time you utter the phrase, "I have kids," it will have a resounding effect on all criminals within earshot. 

So, Sharks, i'm here to offer you ten percent of my new venture for half a million dollars. 

What do you say?

9 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I support capital punishment. Why should we let murderers continue to live? So they can do it again?

What if the people in power believe people’s way of life isn’t in line with their own beliefs and they order executions for those folks?

just murderers? I mean, where is the line?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

What if the people in power believe people’s way of life isn’t in line with their own beliefs and they order executions for those folks?

just murderers? I mean, where is the line?

Murderers, rapists, human traffickers, child abusers, animal abusers, spousal abusers, war criminals, child predators, and billionaires. Prison is too good for them so we need to give them capital punishment.

1 minute ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Murderers, rapists, human traffickers, child abusers, animal abusers, spousal abusers, war criminals, child predators, and billionaires. Prison is too good for them so we need to give them capital punishment.

Guess you don’t see the slippery slope here….

Once all the wealth hoarders a.k.a. billionaires are gone, we'd only allow millionaires at most. Going forward, you can only make up to $900 million. After that, every red cent is taxed and goes toward schools, healthcare, welfare, infrastructure, and the space program. You win a trophy that says "I won capitalism" and we name a dog park after you.

35 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

How matriarchal and liberal of a thing for you to say.

• Like 1

I think I heard somewhere that if you tell the attacker about your life, they may be less likely to shoot/kill you. I don't think it's necessarily just the kid things but I think the point is to appeal to their humanity ... killing me would take a parent from my children. 

I mean you could say that you have no family and do meth every Thursday but they would probably kill you because no one cares as much about a lonely drug addict versus a parent to a young child. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mix said:

You've heard some version of that line in movies and tv shows, usually as the last words of a character at gun point. 

Is that line really so effective at preventing murder?

Do would be murderers care so much about kids growing up with both parents?

I don't think so. 

I do, however, believe it can be made so effective that homicide and orphanage statistics in this country will never be the same again.

I propose a law that makes murderers responsible for raising the children of their victims.

The death penalty is a slap on the wrist compared to PTA meetings and children's musicals....you die a thousand deaths....

With this law in effect, the next time you utter the phrase, "I have kids," it will have a resounding effect on all criminals within earshot. 

So, Sharks, i'm here to offer you ten percent of my new venture for half a million dollars. 

What do you say?

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I support capital punishment. Why should we let murderers continue to live? So they can do it again?

You would support a practice that no civilized society should engage in. Most murders occur by someone known to the victim, or crimes of passion, and probably aren’t likely to be repeated. I’m not sayin don’t jail them, but putting down humans because we don’t want to deal with them is not the answer 

• Like 1