UnevenEdge

There's gonna be some mystery program tonight on toonami

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Space Jam ad?

Honestly...I would say Bingo based on the last blast I got via e-mail. Although Junji Ito is also doing a thing so...

And I would also say that it'll most likely be uploaded to their youtube channel some time next week for anyone who missed whatever the big reveal is.

4 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

I don't have a DVR. 

I still have a slush pile of DVDs to go through and a paper list of shows I must make noms of via the Crunchyroll app. 

I have a Chromecast and use that to record all the anime that isn't Naruto or that I don't already own on discs.

Speaking of DVDs and Blu-ray discs, I still have some anime I haven't watched. Not much of a backlog, though. Mostly Patlabor stuff. I used to have the old Central Park Media DVDs of the TV series but have since upgraded it to Blu-ray. And that set includes ALL of Patlabor. The TV series, OVAs, and the movie.

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

My original guess was that this is going to be a really long music video, or maybe even two or three of them stuck together, but after having read through the thread, I agree that it's probably related to Space Jam.

Yup, looks like a new animated music video

• Like 1

14 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Spoiler Alert. Like all the chips down spoiler alert.

Reveal hidden contents

Rick & Morty made an appearance in Space jam 2....so...yeah...there you go, enjoy the clip show.

So what the hell was this surprise anyway?? Time to find out...

From the sound of it, it was a very elaborate music video that wasn't based on anything Toonami aired and wasn't promoting anythign.

Edited by elfie

14 hours ago, ben0119 said:

How the hell did Demarco manage to afford this?!

Some things are done for the exposure and not necessarily a big pay-off right now. 

I'll have to wait for the upload on the youtube channel to see things. I passed out shortly after the theme for 'Black Clover' finished. 

I thought for sure it was going to be the mini-thing with Space Jam 2 since that was about 15 minutes. 

6 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Some things are done for the exposure and not necessarily a big pay-off right now. 

I'll have to wait for the upload on the youtube channel to see things. I passed out shortly after the theme for 'Black Clover' finished. 

I thought for sure it was going to be the mini-thing with Space Jam 2 since that was about 15 minutes. 

still it's weird something like this shows up in a time slot most people wouldn't see it at

even  with Demarco informing us ahead of time this would be a special surprise....there are still people who have to go to bed before then for various reasons

Edited by CountFrylock

Here it is, y'all:

The video was posted 4 days ago, so Toonami did NOT get its world premiere. However, you can bet it was the USA TV premiere, as MTV doesn't play music videos anymore--not even at 3 AM!

Similarly, other heavy hitters that Toonami has aired over the years, most notably David Gilmour's "Rattle That Lock", also were published to YouTube before they aired on Toonami. But that video got a month head start on YT. This video got a DAY.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, CountFrylock said:

according to demarco Iron Maiden asked them if they wanted to play this music video

why did iron maiden reach out to toonami?

They probably reached out to Adult Swim or maybe DeMarco directly because they were aware that AS aired animated music videos.

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:34 PM, CountFrylock said:

according to demarco Iron Maiden asked them if they wanted to play this music video

why did iron maiden reach out to toonami?

Maybe it's because of his... *sigh* "cred in the industry."

And man, I can't believe Demarco finally took this off his pinned tweet!  I could have sworn it was way older than February of 2021 too!  Did they repost the article?!

9 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Maybe it's because of his... *sigh* "cred in the industry."

And man, I can't believe Demarco finally took this off his pinned tweet!  I could have sworn it was way older than February of 2021 too!  Did they repost the article?!

We all laughed and now he’s going “Who’s laughing now?”

• 2 weeks later...