UnevenEdge

Yashahime: Princess Half Demon to replace Promised Neverland

Jman

They got the lowest-hanging piece of fruit! It's been out for a while so 1 AM seems like a decent timeslot, though I might expect it to move up to 12:30 once Dr. Stone ends. Megalobox 2: Nomad is probably next and coming in July to replace Dr. Stone. And SSSS.Dynazenon??? We'll just have to wait a while for that one.

But previously VIZ shows like Yasha-Hime and Megalobox showing up on Funimation instead mere weeks following their Japanese premieres raises an interesting prospect: perhaps we'll get the new seasons of JoJo and Bleach mere weeks after their Japanese premieres? We could see JoJo back on Toonami (Jolyne this time!) as soon as November!

And hopefully YashaHime gets great ratings on Toonami and they roll right into Season 2 in January!

I watched 2 episodes. It wasn't bad... just not good. It literally left no impression on me at all and I'd be hard pressed to mention anything pro or con against it.

In other words, it's the mediocre fare that Toonami has always thrived on. It's perfect!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Daos said:

I watched 2 episodes. It wasn't bad... just not good. It literally left no impression on me at all and I'd be hard pressed to mention anything pro or con against it.

In other words, it's the mediocre fare that Toonami has always thrived on. It's perfect!

I heard the director instructed them to insert "cartoony anime sound effects" in it because he said it's aimed at little children.

Inuyasha struck me as being very much a seinen though, and one for the older crowd.

BUT... all the OG dub actors reprise their roles! ... when they appear anyway. Including Kirby Morrow right before he died!

Edited by elfie
  • Like 3

I watched half of it, but it was pretty mediocre.

Inuyasha’s daughter Moroha is great, but Sesshomaru’s daughters made it a rough experience.

I started out liking Towa, but as soon as Setsuna dragged the mood down with her angst, Towa’s character turned into a helicopter sister. 

You can tell that this one is for younger parents that want to introduce their kids to the series they used to love back in the early aughts. 

But at the same time, there are only a few cameos to keep us old fogeys entertained while the main three fight inconsequential monsters-of-the-week.

Edited by Chapinator_X
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

I watched half of it, but it was pretty mediocre.

Inuyasha’s daughter Moroha is great, but Sesshomaru’s daughters made it a rough experience.

I started out liking Towa, but as soon as Setsuna dragged the mood down with her angst, Towa’s character turned into a helicopter sister. 

You can tell that this one is for younger parents that want to introduce their kids to the series they used to love back in the early aughts. 

But at the same time, there are only a few cameos to keep us old fogeys entertained while the main three fight inconsequential monsters-of-the-week.

They should have gone the He-Man route.  Better VA’s and an 80s song in the trailer. 

On 6/8/2021 at 1:52 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

They got the lowest-hanging piece of fruit! It's been out for a while so 1 AM seems like a decent timeslot, though I might expect it to move up to 12:30 once Dr. Stone ends. Megalobox 2: Nomad is probably next and coming in July to replace Dr. Stone. And SSSS.Dynazenon??? We'll just have to wait a while for that one.

But previously VIZ shows like Yasha-Hime and Megalobox showing up on Funimation instead mere weeks following their Japanese premieres raises an interesting prospect: perhaps we'll get the new seasons of JoJo and Bleach mere weeks after their Japanese premieres? We could see JoJo back on Toonami (Jolyne this time!) as soon as November!

And hopefully YashaHime gets great ratings on Toonami and they roll right into Season 2 in January!

What are you going on about with the Viz shows?

Also it's been several months, not "mere weeks" since Yasha-Hime ended.

On 6/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, elfie said:

InuYasha's daughter was great, but because this is YashaHime, she actually isn't the main character. :(

Technically all three are princesses since Inuyasha was also the son of a lord.  So the title does actually refer to all three of them.

Moroha is so fun.  But she is not the main protagonist.  Although I like all three girls.

A theory I heard was Sesshomaru was supposedly the most popular character from the original series, so the sequel/spin-off was made to focus more on his daughters.   See, this is yet another example of why you don't "make things for the fans."

On 6/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, Top Gun said:

...Inuyasha literally ran in Weekly Shonen Sunday.

It is classified as a shonen but it also had a lot of romance and shojo elements.  InuYasha had something for everyone really.  But not sure why the heck he called it a seinen lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sketch said:

Towa wears a boys uniform for her school I think.

I think she wears a boys uniform because she finds it feels better when she's being active in it in combat or when biking, which is horribly inaccurate, because if you ever TRIED to fight in a boys uniform, you'd get exhausted within 5 minutes.

13 hours ago, elfie said:

I think she wears a boys uniform because she finds it feels better when she's being active in it in combat or when biking, which is horribly inaccurate, because if you ever TRIED to fight in a boys uniform, you'd get exhausted within 5 minutes.

Perhaps she doesn’t want to deal with a skirt. But seriously that suit isn’t great for physical activity. I don’t know how she avoids tearing the sleeves.

• Haha 2

On 6/20/2021 at 4:06 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

They bonked hundreds of times.

You can't tell me you can have those powers and, like, not use them for contraception.

I don't know what powers you are referring to that could be used as contraceptives!

On 6/21/2021 at 4:12 AM, Sketch said:

Towa wears a boys uniform for her school I think.

But I have never seen a school uniform that looks like that.  Unless that is what the current/modern boys school uniforms look like?  It's such a terrible outfit though. T__T