UnevenEdge

One Piece leaving Toonami. Tokyo Ghoul to replace it.

3ngag3

Announced today during Toonami Pre-Flight at 8 PM.

I go here 3 hours later to find it already has 5 pages! :D  Brings a great feeling back.

... so obviously I am sad, but come on.  It has 700+ episodes with around 500 or so dubbed. You couldn't expect Toonami to air ALL of them!  I just wish this wasn't such a sudden announcement!  :(  At least now, my memories of those OP haters who kept frequenting the old board are now finally laid to rest.

Now I know NOTHING. About Tokyo Ghoul.  I never followed Funimaiton's dub of it, I never tuned in for either seasons in Japanese months before than.  So this will be interesting for me. I just hope they don't air it at 2:30 PM when they don't get good ratings.

516, to be exact. With a few more recent ones as simuldubs.

I suppose what we can do is get to 516 by mid-2018, then go back to the beginning until 517-xxx comes out.

You mean 2:30 AM, right? I think that will be its timeslot, to match GITS. Hello, Hellsing Ultimate strategy! Long time no see. PERHAPS it would bump up to 12:30 when JoJo ends but somehow I doubt it.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just can't fathom how Naruto survives when i can't remember what really happened the last couple of months but i can remember the last couple of months for One Piece

to me naruto has been a boring drag for too long....and that's the toonami stanard to end the night now?! because i sure as hell don't consider tokyo ghoul a top tier send off

to me naruto has been a boring drag for too long....and that's the toonami stanard to end the night now?! because i sure as hell don't consider tokyo ghoul a top tier send off

Pretty sure GITS is gonna stay the block send-off no matter where Tokyo Ghoul is placed on the schedule. ::)

We will have to iron out some details like when do we want to do it and do we want to just do 1 episode a week or more?

Have us all be in a group, this can be done using that rabbit website or watch it all at the same time separately(I think the Bebop rewatch did it this way) or watch the episode and pick a day to discuss it, etc.

i dunno why but to me this feels like Demarco's being a major dick in this tweet

"We aired it for literal years, twice over. I'm sorry it's leaving but I feel like we gave it a real shot. Sorry man."

you gave it a real shot and yet there was no fanfare or promo's whatsoever for Thriller Bark....

it almost sounds like he's saying "Yeah we tried our best but nobody cares about this shit" since he states it as "Airing For Literal years Twice Over"

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, FEH FEH FEH FEH FEH!!!!

NOT QUITE.

Foxy is the next-to-last episode, but he won't be in the last, apparently.

It actually seems like a decent episode to send the show off on!

wouldn't it be funny if Tokyo Ghoul got worse ratings than one piece?

i wonder how Demarco And Crew would feel about that.....because no matter who you are

You aren't gonna get great ratings at 1:30 AM  so at best Tokyo Ghoul will be on par with OP Ratings but at worse It'll be far worse

We will have to iron out some details like when do we want to do it and do we want to just do 1 episode a week or more?

Have us all be in a group, this can be done using that rabbit website or watch it all at the same time separately(I think the Bebop rewatch did it this way) or watch the episode and pick a day to discuss it, etc.

Well I'm good to do it on weekends and makes sense if we do more than one episode I guess we can watch it at the same time sounds better

i dunno why but to me this feels like Demarco's being a major dick in this tweet

"We aired it for literal years, twice over. I'm sorry it's leaving but I feel like we gave it a real shot. Sorry man."

you gave it a real shot and yet there was no fanfare or promo's whatsoever for Thriller Bark....

it almost sounds like he's saying "Yeah we tried our best but nobody cares about this shit" since he states it as "Airing For Literal years Twice Over"

That is kind of a dick move. It implies that the ratings weren't good enough to justify airing it for its timeslot, which they probably were.  It had the same drop off most of the other shows had.

Don't get me wrong I support axing it and pretty much everything except Kai and Jojo, but if you're just going to replace it with crap like TG don't bother.

That is kind of a dick move. It implies that the ratings weren't good enough to justify airing it for its timeslot, which they probably were.  It had the same drop off most of the other shows had.

Don't get me wrong I support axing it and pretty much everything except Kai and Jojo, but if you're just going to replace it with crap like TG don't bother.

and TG will be in the same time slot so it's ratings will be on par with One Piece or worse than it....

it's fucking 1:30 AM!!!! who are they to say "Oh The ratings were too low!" dude! most people are asleep by 1:30 AM

maybe don't pin the blame on fans and act like we killed this show  i watched it constantly on toonami so i shouldn't get blamed for this

yet toonami fans get blamed for this and OP Fans are expected to just shut up and accept it....One Piece love or hate it  you cannot deny it's status as A Iconic Long Running Popular Anime and to just replace with something like Tokyo Ghoul is like replacing The Simpsons with a show that doesn't even belong in it's shadow

I'm... I'm going into depression. I really am. This is it.

I.... no I can't believe this. Please don't let this be real...

PLEASE DONT LET THIS BE REAL, OH LORRRRD.

No... I can't accept this... I... I can't.... no one cares about my favorite show in America.... no one cares... fuck man. It sucks being a OP fan on America. This cements it. I can't deal with this. I'm so heartbroken right now and I'm still so shocked I can't even believe it's real... but it is... it is.

FUCKING NARUTO GETS TO STAY ONCE FUCKING AGAIN AND OP HAS TO LEAVE.

You have no idea how much that fills me with rage. No fucking idea.

I... I.... I need to.... I-I can't right now...

We are definitely gonna have to discuss all these details plus any others that may poke up with each person interested

Is the rabbit website the site we everyone joins into a chatroom under whatever video is selected to play which means that once the episode starts playing everyone would be at the exact same spot in show while watching

I'm... I'm going into depression. I really am. This is it.

I.... no I can't believe this. Please don't let this be real...

PLEASE DONT LET THIS BE REAL, OH LORRRRD.

No... I can't accept this... I... I can't.... no one cares about my favorite show in America.... no one cares... fuck man. It sucks being a OP fan on America. This cements it. I can't deal with this. I'm so heartbroken right now and I'm still so shocked I can't even believe it's real... but it is... it is.

FUCKING NARUTO GETS TO STAY ONCE FUCKING AGAIN AND OP HAS TO LEAVE.

You have no idea how much that fills me with rage. No fucking idea.

I... I.... I need to.... I-I can't right now...

"One Piece fans: I share your pain. Hate to lose one of the greatest shonen ever made. But the decision had to be made."

So Basically i guess Naruto's just a better ratings machine than one piece

since once again i quote this he stated

""We aired it for literal years, twice over. I'm sorry it's leaving but I feel like we gave it a real shot. Sorry man.""

"One Piece fans: I share your pain. Hate to lose one of the greatest shonen ever made. But the decision had to be made."

So Basically i guess Naruto's just a better ratings machine than one piece

since once again i quote this he stated

""We aired it for literal years, twice over. I'm sorry it's leaving but I feel like we gave it a real shot. Sorry man.""

No can accuse them of not trying.  Because, Bah Gawd King, they tried.  They tried really hard, and it didn't work.

I BET YOUR FUCKING HAPPY JMAN. You must fuckingfeel so proud.

You got your wish.

And fuck me, right? Fuck what I want. I'm an American OP fan. I don't deserve to be happy.

i feel just as pissed as you because Toonami will slurp up anything DBZ and promote the fuck out of them but god forbid they actually try and acknowledge one piece's existence....

after Ennies Lobby it's like they had zero fucks left to give and went into pretender mode

Well I'm good to do it on weekends and makes sense if we do more than one episode I guess we can watch it at the same time sounds better

Weekends would work with me but also if it really came down to it there are certain days during the week that could work on my end as well

If what I remember about the rabbit website is correct then using that would mean we'd all be watching it at the same but without having to worry about everyone hitting the play button for the episode at the exact same time 

I'll be using FUNimation NOW, and I was actually thinking more like an episode a DAY. And of course if you miss it you can watch multiples to catch up. FUNi stops with the dub at 516, and 516-384=132. So that would really not last us quite as long as I thought; only to mid-2017. Maybe 5 episodes a week might be decent? That would be 26 weeks and change, about half a year.

How about you go outside and get some fresh air?

And risk killing someone? Sounds like a good idea. I do need to release some steam.

Lmao let's not kid ourselves. With how mad I am right now the carnage will never stop.

I just don't even give a fuck about my future anymore.

I'm not mad at Toonami. They tried their best.

No.  IM MAD AT THIS GODDAMN COUNTRY.

Yes, blame the US for having better things to do than watch a children's cartoon show at 2:30am instead of sleeping, or partying, or...anything really.