UnevenEdge

One Piece leaving Toonami. Tokyo Ghoul to replace it.

3ngag3

of course Naruto gets better ratings, because for the longest time Naruto aired before One Piece so more people were awake!

I'm surprised people tuned out after Naruto especially since naruto's not really been that great of a show in recent months

One Piece has been far better than Naruto's episodes in the last couple of months

and yet We'll keep getting  Sasuke's misadventures that bore me to tears....

i just cannot fathom A Major Anime Player as One Piece being considered a dumpster fire that they gotta get rid of...(Adult swim expects too much from 1:30 AM Time Slot...)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I LOVE HxH.  And I am warming up to both DBZ shows.

but you gotta admit if that's all we gotta look forward to each week then that's depressing......

JoJo or one piece usually wins the best episode of the night for me and without those two i feel like I'm gonna get bored a lot easier

Samurai Jack will help but once it's final season concludes I'm gonna be desperately hioping for a top tier badass show that can replace One Piece in the Toonami Top Tier Totem Pole

I'm surprised people tuned out after Naruto especially since naruto's not really been that great of a show in recent months

One Piece has been far better than Naruto's episodes in the last couple of months

i just cannot fathom A Major Anime Player as One Piece being considered a dumpster fire that they gotta get rid of...(Adult swim expects too much from 1:30 AM Time Slot...)

Toonami is still a short block, so competition is near impossible to win, and they just have too many shows to choose from for those slots.  At some point, ONE good show is always going to lose.

but you gotta admit if that's all we gotta look forward to each week then that's depressing......

JoJo or one piece usually wins the best episode of the night for me and without those two i feel like I'm gonna get bored a lot easier

Samurai Jack will help but once it's final season concludes I'm gonna be desperately hioping for a top tier badass show that can replace One Piece in the Toonami Top Tier Totem Pole

I admit my interest in the block is held high about HALF the time currently.  I like DBZ, HxH and One Piece, but I cannot follow Jojo due to its rapid pace, I can't get into Gundam Unicorn because of the massive continuity lockout, and Naruto should be gotten rid of! 

But again those are just MY opinions.  Someone else could love every single thing they air right now.

Toonami is still a short block, so competition is near impossible to win, and they just have too many shows to choose from for those slots.  At some point, ONE good show is always going to lose.

and right now it feels like the only major player we're gonna be left with is DBZ in the end....that just cements the sad fact that the average american can only stomach DBZ and hates every other anime

the less long runners they have the more slots they have to consistently fill....last thing we need is a bunch of slots filled up by old reruns of ASA Shows

It really does suck it's leaving. I love the show.

But wtf with Tokyo Ghoul? I mean, I loved the manga. The show was just different. Season two was off the walls.  Why couldn't they get something else? I mean, I'll watch it, but what?

just seems like a last minute rush job because adult swim wanted them to get rid of one piece asap!

once naruto faces the same fate i gotta wonder if toonami can survive another year if the long runners are gonna start dropping like flies in the coming months

just seems like a last minute rush job because adult swim wanted them to get rid of one piece asap!

once naruto faces the same fate i gotta wonder if toonami can survive another year if the long runners are gonna start dropping like flies in the coming months

I learned not to worry over doomsday scenerios.  They'll always get more shows to fill in the empty slots.

I tune out after DBZ Kai return for Naruto then leave permeant

You truly underestimate DBZ fans

why do we even need any other animes then on the block if Just The Two DBZ Shows are all that get acknowledged and don't have crap ratings after awhile?

just make it the DBZ Block and get it over with...i know that's what adultswim wants as it's best for business

why do we even need any other animes then on the block if Just The Two DBZ Shows are all that get acknowledged and don't have crap ratings after awhile?

just make it the DBZ Block and get it over with...i know that's what adultswim wants as it's best for business

DBZ fans don't complain

Hell the only one I'm actually watching is the final chapter

The old version took way too long and Kai gets straight to the point

If OP resurfaces in another channel I'll instantly stop complaining.

I would love it to become a Netflix exclusive.

Isn't it already on Netflix?  Why Netflix would want to lock it up as an exclusive when it's a failure in ratings makes no sense.

toonami's not gonna be around in 2-3 years i imagine so we should make the best of what we have left

hell i doubt by next year toonami will still be here

it's always the small things that start the beginning of the end

Yes because being able to revive Samurai Jack and getting shows like Tokyo Ghoul and Season 2 of Attack on Titan are the sure signs of a dying block.

toonami's not gonna be around in 2-3 years i imagine so we should make the best of what we have left

hell i doubt by next year toonami will still be here

it's always the small things that start the beginning of the end

No one can know, or have any evidence to support their point, that Toonami is going to end in 1-2-3 years.  I realized that long ago and have since stopped making predictions.

Yes because being able to revive Samurai Jack and getting shows like Tokyo Ghoul and Season 2 of Attack on Titan are the sure signs of a dying block.

they got tokyo ghoul long after it stopped being relevant so i wouldn't say that's A Top Tier Choice(especially since feedback on it's second season is super negative among it's fans)

it's just Edge Lord The Anime

Was not expecting this news at all since once again it seems pretty sudden for a scheduling change.

Gonna be weird not having it. It was a really good group watch type show and it helped that I didn't have to buy the discs since there are so many!

yeah now your kinda forced to if you wanna support the series(that or buy the manga's and they are on Volume 82 in May...)

i kinda feel like this is america's fault since they can't handle any anime that isn't nonstop explosions or constant action

it's why the ghost in the shell movie was dumbed down to the point where the story is  "Derp They made me into a robot monster so i must kill them and run in like female rambo!!!"

they got tokyo ghoul long after it stopped being relevant so i wouldn't say that's A Top Tier Choice(especially since feedback on it's second season is super negative among it's fans)

it's just Edge Lord The Anime

How did Akamae do?