Jump to content
UnevenEdge
3ngag3

Mob Psycho 100 S1 Rerun Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Confirmed to be a Season 1 rerun on Facebook.

 

Edited by 3ngag3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think Mob airing ahead of PA would make more sense...

Either way, HYYYYYYYYYPE. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

You'd think Mob airing ahead of PA would make more sense...

Either way, HYYYYYYYYYPE. 😁

It’s a rerun.

No hype.  None.

Also putting PA at point remains a really bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

I'm assuming this is a Season 1 rerun unless otherwise specified.

According to their Facebook, it is.

They better be following this up with the Reigen OVA and/or Season 2, or I'm going to be very frustrated. 🤔

Edited by Blatch
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jman said:

It’s a rerun.

No hype.  None.

I'm still gonna rewatch it (even though I own it on home fucking video).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PokeNirvash said:

I'm still gonna rewatch it (even though I own it on home fucking video).

Rewatching it is one thing, and by all means.  But it’s not going to get people jumping into of their seats and setting their clocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because "Oh, the cartoon block is showing an old anime show" is definitely what anyone gives a shit about nowadays.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering we've got about 11 episodes of Black Clover left until it goes on dub hiatus, maybe the Reigen OVA special is what this IS building up to!? Worst case scenario, play 11-12 back-to-back if we run out of Black Clovers prematurely, then the Reigen OVA after that, then Season 2.

Toonami just HAS to be bringing in something good for the midnight timeslot once MHA ends! However, I'd say an UZUMAKI/PA midnight hour combo is actually likely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this screams "we already have the tapes, can we play this again?" with a dash of "we'll play season 2 eventually we swear"

Moving Paranoia Agent up a half hour almost immediately is showing an awful lot of confidence in it. One can only hope it doesn't actually bomb.

While I would side with anyone saying "why not move up the other premieres" and especially JoJo but it's really not that big of a deal to leave those where they currently air. Consistency is probably better in the long run.

While going from MHA to Paranoia Agent will be quite a jump, Mob isn't the worst show to stick between PA and Black Clover. I don't mind seeing Mob rerun and it's definitely more welcome than the upteenth Bebop or GITS rerun or trying to squeeze another airing out of the FLCL sequels. Space Dandy hasn't fared well as a rerun program but I wouldn't mind seeing it air again. I would have preferred a rerun of Megalo Box to Mob season 1 but that's my personal preference.

I don't know what they can actually get during this current situation but at this point I'm fully expecting MHA season 4 to rerun at the top of the block, at least part of it.  I hear JoJo went back to recording so it's probably not going to need an early break but things are starting to look dicey for Black Clover, especially with the Japanese broadcast also on hold.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Well this screams "we already have the tapes, can we play this again?" with a dash of "we'll play season 2 eventually we swear"

Moving Paranoia Agent up a half hour almost immediately is showing an awful lot of confidence in it. One can only hope it doesn't actually bomb.

While I would side with anyone saying "why not move up the other premieres" and especially JoJo but it's really not that big of a deal to leave those where they currently air. Consistency is probably better in the long run.

While going from MHA to Paranoia Agent will be quite a jump, Mob isn't the worst show to stick between PA and Black Clover. I don't mind seeing Mob rerun and it's definitely more welcome than the upteenth Bebop or GITS rerun or trying to squeeze another airing out of the FLCL sequels. Space Dandy hasn't fared well as a rerun program but I wouldn't mind seeing it air again. I would have preferred a rerun of Megalo Box to Mob season 1 but that's my personal preference.

I don't know what they can actually get during this current situation but at this point I'm fully expecting MHA season 4 to rerun at the top of the block, at least part of it.  I hear JoJo went back to recording so it's probably not going to need an early break but things are starting to look dicey for Black Clover, especially with the Japanese broadcast also on hold.

I’m going to be honest- I really don’t like the direction of the block. The lack of anything new even before the current situation just makes it kind of blah with nothing really to look toward to either. Even without COVID-19, it didn’t seem like  they had much lined up this year. I figured if they got down to 3 hours of premeires with an equal mix of long and short runners, that would be good, but now instead of cutting slots, reruns are replacing premiers.  
 

If they don’t get a new show for MHA, that’ll be it for the summer. I was hoping we’d get more catalog titles to keep things semi fresh, but this is making me lose faith in them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why does it seem like toonami's plan is "Reruns until this covid-19 situation blows over"?

i honestly think that's what it is and if that's the case....that's pretty stupid because this isn't going away anytime soon so i hope they aren't depending  on reruns to carry the block until a treatment or cure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's at least the plan for now. So far they've been able to secure a new run of Paranoia Agent from FUNimation and a second run of Mob Psycho 100 season 1 from (I presume) Crunchyroll. What either of those cost is anyone's guess. We have no idea how much of their yearly budget was already set aside for the sequels we expected to see air this year much less other shows that just had their dubs delayed indefinitely. So far their moves have not inspired confidence and its clear that if they had held onto 3-4AM and 11:30pm, the rerun ratio would only be worse.

Hopefully they can at least get one fresh show from the back catalog of one of their partners by June. I think that's a reasonable expectation and they'll probably manage that much (along with continuing to air new to the block episodes of Black Clover, JoJo and Shippuden). I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese side of some deals is at a stand still until the those Japanese companies adapt to the situation and accept the new reality we're all living in.

It's far from ideal but at least they're not resorting to Dragon Ball Kai and Super and are actually adding a bit more variety to the line-up. The past month or so has felt rather monotonous.

Because seriously if they had replaced Demon Slayer or Food Wars with DBK or DBS, that would have been a declaration that they were not even going to try to make the block interesting.

I'll tell you what's a real shame though that WarnerMedia hasn't helped Toonami out by having Harley Quinn or Young Justice: The Outsiders air on the block or have Crunchyroll provide something other than a rerun. Where is the synergy that lead of gen:LOCK airing last year? If it's actually Adult Swim who is swatting away WM's hand right now in order to prove their independence, then they should probably swallow their pride and accept the handout if it ever comes around again.

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

at some point i feel like toonami has to realize covid-19 isn't going  away anytime soon.....especially with some experts claiming the worst has yet to come and the winter could potentially be deadlier

i doubt many people would keep watching toonami if the block just became nothing but reruns and unfortunately that could very well be the case if toonami can't dig into anyone's backlog

this is a serious problem and i feel like some companies just think they can wait out the virus like it's gonna vanish in a few months

Edited by CountFrylock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, this means that people are an even less reason to watch Toonami because they now have like only 3 dub premieres. Paranoia Agent and Mob Psycho 100 have both been available elsewhere, one of them for years and years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, elfie said:

Sadly, this means that people are an even less reason to watch Toonami because they now have like only 3 dub premieres. Paranoia Agent and Mob Psycho 100 have both been available elsewhere, one of them for years and years!

THREE dub premieres? Oh, you must be counting SAO. We've been down to TWO since it left the block, as MHA Season 4 is not a dub premiere, but in a bizarre twist it MIGHT be if it continues to showcase new episodes after #84 that don't air on FUNimation NOW first. But not withstanding that, on May 9th and beyond, Toonami will actually only have ONE dub premiere: JoJo. All of the other shows on Toonami will be either new-to-Toonami shows that have streamed elsewhere or just straight-up reruns. In fact, if you ask me, Toonami's current situation kinda hearkens back to how it was in the late summer of (July/August) of 2013:

12 AM: THEN Bleach (dub premiere) NOW MHA (dub premiere?) or new show (if Uzumaki that would be world premiere)
12:30: THEN Naruto (rerun/repaint) NOW Paranoia Agent (rerun/repaint)
1 AM: THEN One Piece (new to Toonami) NOW Mob Psycho 100 (rerun)
1:30: THEN Soul Eater (new to Toonami) NOW Black Clover (new to Toonami)
2 AM: THEN Sword Art Online (dub premiere) NOW JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (dub premiere)
2 30: THEN IGPX (rerun) NOW Naruto Shippuden (new to Toonami)

Toonami DESPERATELY needs new blood in the top slot after MHA ends, but can it get it? Nothing's really coming out new in Japan during this coronavirus crisis, and the few shows that are may not be dub premieres. Meanwhile, even though Toonami's real-world competition is down right now, Toonami's about to get a fierce competitor from Syfy that is promising NEW content that could be more than a nuisance if Toonami can only manage to muster one new show:

https://deadline.com/2020/04/syfys-tzgz-late-night-animation-block-picks-up-3-new-series-orders-2-pilots-1202915368/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

And who knows how long JoJo dubbed episodes will even be available?

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sketch said:

It's at least the plan for now. So far they've been able to secure a new run of Paranoia Agent from FUNimation and a second run of Mob Psycho 100 season 1 from (I presume) Crunchyroll. What either of those cost is anyone's guess. We have no idea how much of their yearly budget was already set aside for the sequels we expected to see air this year much less other shows that just had their dubs delayed indefinitely. So far their moves have not inspired confidence and its clear that if they had held onto 3-4AM and 11:30pm, the rerun ratio would only be worse.

Hopefully they can at least get one fresh show from the back catalog of one of their partners by June. I think that's a reasonable expectation and they'll probably manage that much (along with continuing to air new to the block episodes of Black Clover, JoJo and Shippuden). I wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese side of some deals is at a stand still until the those Japanese companies adapt to the situation and accept the new reality we're all living in.

It's far from ideal but at least they're not resorting to Dragon Ball Kai and Super and are actually adding a bit more variety to the line-up. The past month or so has felt rather monotonous.

Because seriously if they had replaced Demon Slayer or Food Wars with DBK or DBS, that would have been a declaration that they were not even going to try to make the block interesting.

I'll tell you what's a real shame though that WarnerMedia hasn't helped Toonami out by having Harley Quinn or Young Justice: The Outsiders air on the block or have Crunchyroll provide something other than a rerun. Where is the synergy that lead of gen:LOCK airing last year? If it's actually Adult Swim who is swatting away WM's hand right now in order to prove their independence, then they should probably swallow their pride and accept the handout if it ever comes around again.

DeMarco’s too proud to do that, especially if it’s his job on the line.  He knows that Business Daddy doesn’t know specifics, just that Crunchyroll is anime and Warner Animation/Adult Swim is domestic material.  Not to mention I bet he is terrified of WarnerMedia going “why isn’t all our anime distribution and airing not under our Crunchyroll umbrella?” and turning Toonami into a CR adjacent block, and pushing him and his famous shit taste out of the equation.  
 

So no help will be asked for, since Toonami has to sink or swim on his decisions.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

"Crunchyroll presents Toonami" or "Toonami powered by Crunchyroll" just might be where we ultimately are headed. If it actually does better at getting a few CR originals on the air during this pandemic, that might not be such a bad thing.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man. If they only preserve the Toonami universe and tone of the block, I would be all for Crunchyroll helping them out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Because "Oh, the cartoon block is showing an old anime show" is definitely what anyone gives a shit about nowadays.

This girl gets it. It's about time someone understood that anime is the most important thing. It's all about priorities.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jman said:

DeMarco’s too proud to do that, especially if it’s his job on the line.  He knows that Business Daddy doesn’t know specifics, just that Crunchyroll is anime and Warner Animation/Adult Swim is domestic material.  Not to mention I bet he is terrified of WarnerMedia going “why isn’t all our anime distribution and airing not under our Crunchyroll umbrella?” and turning Toonami into a CR adjacent block, and pushing him and his famous shit taste out of the equation.  
 

So no help will be asked for, since Toonami has to sink or swim on his decisions.

I doubt the situation as a simple as you make it out to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sketch said:

I doubt the situation as a simple as you make it out to be.

Probably not, but the intra-division rivalries were always cited as something AT&T wanted to end, and the other divisions didn’t want to end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jman said:

Probably not, but the intra-division rivalries were always cited as something AT&T wanted to end, and the other divisions didn’t want to end.

What rivalries are those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

What rivalries are those?

Time Warner had a reputation of being the most poorly run company on the planet, with divisions having overlap but being encouraged to compete with each other.  A lot of the company executives liked this because it meant autonomy.  
 

AT&T, Business Daddy, has mountains of debt and does not like this, hence massive restructuring to make everything more synergistic, but also taking away the freedom each department enjoyed.

Edited by Jman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jman said:

AT&T, Business Daddy

Does constantly stealing this John Oliver joke make you feel like you're actually funny?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least he doesn't explain the joke after almost every punchline like the real John Oliver.

[wakka wakka]

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jman said:

DeMarco’s too proud to do that, especially if it’s his job on the line.  He knows that Business Daddy doesn’t know specifics, just that Crunchyroll is anime and Warner Animation/Adult Swim is domestic material.  Not to mention I bet he is terrified of WarnerMedia going “why isn’t all our anime distribution and airing not under our Crunchyroll umbrella?” and turning Toonami into a CR adjacent block, and pushing him and his famous shit taste out of the equation.  
 

So no help will be asked for, since Toonami has to sink or swim on his decisions.

Do you think he actually is fighting them because he feels like if he gives an inch, they'll just take over?

I personally am hoping that they eventually try and have some synergy between CR and Toonami. In fact, . I'm all for them sort of attaching their brand to the block in some way

First, I'd like CR to eventually fold itself into HBOMAX so its all in one place

I would like the the block to have some CR dubs that air on Toonami first and go to HBOMAX right after. I'd like them to be a main force in programming the block to bring in some fresh ideas.

The block can open with a popular Viz or Funimation title (Bleach, DB, or MHA) to bring in a crowd, followed by some CR titles, and the usual Black Clover/Naruto ending.

I feel like both brands have something to offer and be mutually benefitial to each other

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

Do you think he actually is fighting them because he feels like if he gives an inch, they'll just take over?

I personally am hoping that they eventually try and have some synergy between CR and Toonami. In fact, . I'm all for them sort of attaching their brand to the block in some way

First, I'd like CR to eventually fold itself into HBOMAX so its all in one place

I would like the the block to have some CR dubs that air on Toonami first and go to HBOMAX right after. I'd like them to be a main force in programming the block to bring in some fresh ideas.

The block can open with a popular Viz or Funimation title (Bleach, DB, or MHA) to bring in a crowd, followed by some CR titles, and the usual Black Clover/Naruto ending.

I feel like both brands have something to offer and be mutually benefitial to each other

I don’t know the specifics, but it does feel like a case of “I have to be independent or else I’ll be seen as redundant.”  WarnerMedia is investing a lot of money in Crunchyroll as the face of their anime programming.  They moved the staff into new offices, launched a slate of originals through a licensing deal with Webtoon, etc.  So I could see DeMarco holding them at arm’s length.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jman said:

I don’t know the specifics, but it does feel like a case of “I have to be independent or else I’ll be seen as redundant.”  WarnerMedia is investing a lot of money in Crunchyroll as the face of their anime programming.  They moved the staff into new offices, launched a slate of originals through a licensing deal with Webtoon, etc.  So I could see DeMarco holding them at arm’s length.

I do feel like they do need some new people to help curate some content for the block. I think it can only make the block better

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow, well I was hoping they wouldn't have to resort to another rerun.  This is unfortunate.

Even then, Paranoia Agent is very old and many of us haven't watched it in years, and it never played on Toonami.  Some of us I'm sure have never seen it.

But we saw Mob not that long ago.  Not sure if I want to watch it again so soon.  But, it will probably be more trouble to not watch it since it comes on in between other shows.

I didn't like that in that announcement, there is no semblance of an explanation or disclaimer, and not anything about something we can hope for in the future.

Just what shows did they acquire that they weren't able to air?  Just about everything should be dubbed already, so I don't get it.

I would have rather them get a show from a few years ago they never aired, or something even older they never aired, than just run something they showed before.

And remember how Demarco always used to say getting a rerun is no cheaper than getting a new show, citing that as the reason Toonami couldn't maintain a library like ASA did and simultaneously be bringing in so many new shows?  It would be one thing if he resorted to airing shows they permanently own the rights to, but they had to go and get new deals for Paranoia Agent and Mob.  So unless that was yet another case of Demarco bullshitting, I call shenanigans.  Going by what Demarco said back then, this should not be saving them any money.  So if it is just a buy for time, why not get us something that is new, at least to the network?

Oh yeah and remember Demarco recently talking about the next big picks we would all be pumped about? -_-

Edited by ben0119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

I do feel like they do need some new people to help curate some content for the block. I think it can only make the block better

Don't tell that to some people around here that think Demarco is irreplaceable. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Chris Niosi, the voice actor for Reigen, had a scandal and Nintendo went so far as to have someone redo his lines in a Fire Emblem game.  Is Demarco not concerned with the PR issues?

Reigen will probably be recast for season 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jman said:

I don’t know the specifics, but it does feel like a case of “I have to be independent or else I’ll be seen as redundant.”  WarnerMedia is investing a lot of money in Crunchyroll as the face of their anime programming.  They moved the staff into new offices, launched a slate of originals through a licensing deal with Webtoon, etc.  So I could see DeMarco holding them at arm’s length.

Offices, I might add, that they currently cannot use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Offices, I might add, that they currently cannot use.

Well no one can use offices right now in North America.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Also Chris Niosi, the voice actor for Reigen, had a scandal and Nintendo went so far as to have someone redo his lines in a Fire Emblem game.  Is Demarco not concerned with the PR issues?

Reigen will probably be recast for season 2.

wasn't he also the voice of the horrible unlikeable racist author insert main character in that equally terrible indie RPG "YIIK: a Postmodern RPG"?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mochi said:

wasn't he also the voice of the horrible unlikeable racist author insert main character in that equally terrible indie RPG "YIIK: a Postmodern RPG"?

 

“Postmodern” video games tend to be “post-anything good”.

(Also, that’s me making a joke, rather than using Oliver’s insulting nickname for AT&T to show how much people in Warner do not like the company being upended the way it has been).

Edited by Jman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Also Chris Niosi, the voice actor for Reigen, had a scandal and Nintendo went so far as to have someone redo his lines in a Fire Emblem game.  Is Demarco not concerned with the PR issues?

Reigen will probably be recast for season 2.

Anyone who thinks Toonami won't pick up Mob 2 because of Niosi's scandal - which came and went really fast, even when not compared to #KickVic - is completely mental. In fact, you should be ashamed for even considering that a recast costing time and money is ever in the cards.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Also Chris Niosi, the voice actor for Reigen, had a scandal and Nintendo went so far as to have someone redo his lines in a Fire Emblem game.  Is Demarco not concerned with the PR issues?

Reigen will probably be recast for season 2.

Someone should get him to live tweet 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Wow, well I was hoping they wouldn't have to resort to another rerun.  This is unfortunate.

Even then, Paranoia Agent is very old and many of us haven't watched it in years, and it never played on Toonami.  Some of us I'm sure have never seen it.

But we saw Mob not that long ago.  Not sure if I want to watch it again so soon.  But, it will probably be more trouble to not watch it since it comes on in between other shows.

I didn't like that in that announcement, there is no semblance of an explanation or disclaimer, and not anything about something we can hope for in the future.

Just what shows did they acquire that they weren't able to air?  Just about everything should be dubbed already, so I don't get it.

I would have rather them get a show from a few years ago they never aired, or something even older they never aired, than just run something they showed before.

And remember how Demarco always used to say getting a rerun is no cheaper than getting a new show, citing that as the reason Toonami couldn't maintain a library like ASA did and simultaneously be bringing in so many new shows?  It would be one thing if he resorted to airing shows they permanently own the rights to, but they had to go and get new deals for Paranoia Agent and Mob.  So unless that was yet another case of Demarco bullshitting, I call shenanigans.  Going by what Demarco said back then, this should not be saving them any money.  So if it is just a buy for time, why not get us something that is new, at least to the network?

Oh yeah and remember Demarco recently talking about the next big picks we would all be pumped about? -_-

That’s what bothers me, if they put time and money into picking up Mob again (assuming it just wasn’t still under contract), they could’ve just as well made a deal for another show they’ve never aired before. 
 

I don’t know if it was a deal of “We like Mob so let’s get it again!”. If that was the deal (same with PA), it’s a little bothersome that they just go for things that they either like, like the creator, have aired before or know it’s the newest Shonen. There’s a ton of catalog titles they never aired that they could potentially air right now with nothing new coming out. If they could make new deals for those shows- why not something new?
 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Wow, well I was hoping they wouldn't have to resort to another rerun.  This is unfortunate.

Even then, Paranoia Agent is very old and many of us haven't watched it in years, and it never played on Toonami.  Some of us I'm sure have never seen it.

But we saw Mob not that long ago.  Not sure if I want to watch it again so soon.  But, it will probably be more trouble to not watch it since it comes on in between other shows.

I didn't like that in that announcement, there is no semblance of an explanation or disclaimer, and not anything about something we can hope for in the future.

Just what shows did they acquire that they weren't able to air?  Just about everything should be dubbed already, so I don't get it.

I would have rather them get a show from a few years ago they never aired, or something even older they never aired, than just run something they showed before.

And remember how Demarco always used to say getting a rerun is no cheaper than getting a new show, citing that as the reason Toonami couldn't maintain a library like ASA did and simultaneously be bringing in so many new shows?  It would be one thing if he resorted to airing shows they permanently own the rights to, but they had to go and get new deals for Paranoia Agent and Mob.  So unless that was yet another case of Demarco bullshitting, I call shenanigans.  Going by what Demarco said back then, this should not be saving them any money.  So if it is just a buy for time, why not get us something that is new, at least to the network?

Oh yeah and remember Demarco recently talking about the next big picks we would all be pumped about? -_-

i do remember....we're almost into may and the only new show We've picked up this year has been SAO War of Underworld Part 1(which has concluded and it's next part has been delayed until they can get a handle on the corona virus in japan)

this block isn't an enticing one at this point....and demarco has to realize that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Anyone who thinks Toonami won't pick up Mob 2 because of Niosi's scandal - which came and went really fast, even when not compared to #KickVic - is completely mental. In fact, you should be ashamed for even considering that a recast costing time and money is ever in the cards.

I said that it should have been an issue with them rerunning season 1, not getting season 2.  Niosi obviously won't be in season 2.

Eh, it's already been dubbed and Niosi is still in it?  I guess it got dubbed before the stuff came out.  And regardless of how fast a scandal came and went doesn't change what the man did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 6:57 PM, ben0119 said:

Also Chris Niosi, the voice actor for Reigen, had a scandal and Nintendo went so far as to have someone redo his lines in a Fire Emblem game.  Is Demarco not concerned with the PR issues?

Reigen will probably be recast for season 2.

I don’t think he’s concerned about some bad PR from Niosi being involved and I doubt CR will pay to redub Reigan at this point.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, brianycpht said:

That’s what bothers me, if they put time and money into picking up Mob again (assuming it just wasn’t still under contract), they could’ve just as well made a deal for another show they’ve never aired before. 
 

I don’t know if it was a deal of “We like Mob so let’s get it again!”. If that was the deal (same with PA), it’s a little bothersome that they just go for things that they either like, like the creator, have aired before or know it’s the newest Shonen. There’s a ton of catalog titles they never aired that they could potentially air right now with nothing new coming out. If they could make new deals for those shows- why not something new?
 

 

I'm fairly certain PA was a new contract, but I don't think Mob is. Yes, it did disappear from streaming, but I think that was more a bandwidth issue than anything. If they got it on a 2-year deal, they WOULD still have the rights to this 2020 rerun since it aired beginning October 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 12:52 AM, Sketch said:

I don’t think he’s concerned about some bad PR from Niosi being involved and I doubt CR will pay to redub Reigan at this point.

Again, I didn't know the second season was dubbed before the stuff with Chris Niosi came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is for real, I'm about to blow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey, Demarco answered my question.  It turns out that they still had the rights to Mob after all -

https://ask.fm/Clarknova/answers/160197211113

Part 2 - If that is the case, and new shows aren't available due to covid delays, why not get something you never aired from the past few years or older. Even if it's not new, it might be new to a lot of viewers. Unless you still had the rights to Mob Psycho 100?

 Ben0119

We still had the rights to Mob Psycho 100. Our budget has been cut (understandably) due to financial losses resulting from Coronavirus. Nothing cheaper than free!
Edited by ben0119

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

sounds like We'll bee seeing a lot more reruns at this point

 

We’ll see what they do about replacing MHA. Every other slot is set until about August.

Reruns suck but yadda yadda

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yada Yada yeah but the more reruns that are on the block the less likely it is that people will keep tuning n

that's the downside here and black clover is a show that has an uncertain future due to it's hiatus in japan which all depends on how they go about dealing with the virus

if it's not back by august or september then i really don't know what to say....toonami has never aired black clover reruns before so who knows how many people will tune into those

 

 

Edited by CountFrylock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s unquestionably more important things to be concerned about than whether Toonami maintains 5 “premieres” or can get back to 6.

Reruns aren’t always unappealing if they’re good shows. And if viewership is up due to people not going out, that’s potentially people who didn’t see Mob back in 2018/2019. Rerunning MHA is a different story though, especially if it’s reruns of season 4.

I don’t expect we’ll see Clover reruns, they can just give it a break if necessary. 

I think you’re overly concerned with people bailing on Toonami in droves this year. Have a little more faith in the dedication of those viewers, their appreciation for the block and their empathy toward the whole situation.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...