UnevenEdge

how come we can't delete our accounts?

I have asked for both of my profiles to be deleted, and yet, here I am. Still waiting. I guess I'll have to cross a line to catch permanent bans on both. I mean, I can do that. I was just trying to avoid the hassle for myself and the mods who would have to clean up the mess. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, midnight said:

I have asked for both of my profiles to be deleted, and yet, here I am. Still waiting. I guess I'll have to cross a line to catch permanent bans on both. I mean, I can do that. I was just trying to avoid the hassle for myself and the mods who would have to clean up the mess. 

Did you ask kn or pat?

It's not being lazy. There should be an option here, just like everywhere else. If anyone is being lazy, it's the mods by not just granting our requests. I'm not changing my password to bullshit. I want my fucking account removed. As in, inaccessible. Non-existent. Simple request. 

23 minutes ago, helpme said:

Ah well that's a waiting game he's busy dealing with drama queens

I can't tell. Not like anyone is getting kicked out of this place for good. That's the problem with the place. There's some good people here that don't come around much anymore and it's all because of the assholes. I mean, I know I'm an asshole, and I would have never joined this site, had it not been for personal reasons. I had one goal when I came here, and I wasn't expecting to last this long. I've asked to be removed before, and was granted a three month ban. I want a permanent ban, because this place is no fun anymore. It shouldn't even be an issue. There should be a delete account option here. Then no one would have to bother anyone. You could just delete your shit and be done with it. But since that's not an option, here we are. 

• D'oh 1

"This place is no fun, but I still require somebody to force me to stop not having fun."

Personally, I don't blame the assholes as much as the jackasses that constantly feed the fire. You're all contributing to this place burning down, instead of starving them of attention. "Be the change" and all that. Contribute positively, instead of bitching about the situation you helped create.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

"This place is no fun, but I still require somebody to force me to stop not having fun."

Personally, I don't blame the assholes as much as the jackasses that constantly feed the fire. You're all contributing to this place burning down, instead of starving them of attention. "Be the change" and all that. Contribute positively, instead of bitching about the situation you helped create.

I think you're missing some context here....Not that they owe you any, but you always have this smug tone to your solutions.

Mid, first of all isn't denying his fuel to the fire, so I have no idea how finger wagging is helping, but I think Disco wanting her posts, and anything associated with her account removed is because someone who can't mind their own business decided to target her.....And no matter how many people have targeted the person in question, Disco never has....It's all a blatant misuse of information because the sleuth is too fucking dumb to dig up anything relevant or unfabricated on anyone else.

Now with that said, you keep up the good fight....You keep up this special brand of being the change while shoehorning in on situations you are oblivious about.

Edited by LoLJackass
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

I came here for a personal reason. Besides, my wife posted this thread and I am seconding her. Be grateful I am trying to leave the boards and stop bitching at me. Instead of trolling and fueling the fire as you said, take a page out of your own book and shut up.

Just now, midnight said:

You make everything political because you have no understanding of life. Carry on, fool.

You ran a political campaign last year on the platform of purchasing and installing cameras around rural, public county dumpsters so you could run a surveillance system that tracks down and fines poor people for "digging through the trash and making a mess" because you have no understanding of life. Carry on, fool

Just now, NaBones said:

You ran a political campaign last year on the platform of purchasing and installing cameras around rural, public county dumpsters so you could run a surveillance system that tracks down and fines poor people for "digging through the trash and making a mess" because you have no understanding of life. Carry on, fool

And now there are security cameras set up at the dumpsters to track down and fine people who are littering and making the areas look trashy. You're welcome. Shit for brains. You truly have no idea about anything do you? Keyboard warrior. Pussy in real life. Typical. Not knocking you, bro. It's just, be original. There's too many of those around these days. Wanna stand out and be different? Try not being an internet tough guy, who's scared of his own shadow irl. 

• Like 1

Fair context. I don't keep up with all the drama here. Taking a wild guess based on this thread, and saying we prolly coulda used a purge a long while ago. I was definitely misinformed on this one. One of my biggest disappointments when I discovered this place existed, seeing how much of the old boards got dragged along.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, midnight said:

And now there are security cameras set up at the dumpsters to track down and fine people who are littering and making the areas look trashy. You're welcome. Shit for brains. You truly have no idea about anything do you? Keyboard warrior. Pussy in real life. Typical. Not knocking you, bro. It's just, be original. There's too many of those around these days. Wanna stand out and be different? Try not being an internet tough guy, who's scared of his own shadow irl. 

are you really a politician?

5 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Users being able to delete posts has the very likely potential to turn old threads into an absolute clusterfuck.  If you don't want something to be public, maybe don't post it in the first place?

I have no issue seperating things I want public from private and not posting shit I want private myself. I honestly don't give a shit about anything I post enough to want to go back and make one "private" anyway. That doesn't change the fact that deleting posts is a simple stock ability that exists pretty much everywhere, but here now...All it really does is deny users the ability to improve the aesthetic of their threads by deleting old or dubious posts in a thread. All because heaven forbid an admin not see a flame post about somebody before they delete it..

Not my ball game though do whatever you want with your forum, and website. :|

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

5 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Users being able to delete posts has the very likely potential to turn old threads into an absolute clusterfuck.  If you don't want something to be public, maybe don't post it in the first place?

Actually, I rather enjoyed the ability to delete posts and it never caused any issues.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1