• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• helpme

• Sawdamizer

• Seight

• tsar4

14 hours ago, Vamped said:

Also will buy from boy scouts now that I know they too sell snacks

Will buy if they're selling chocolate bars. However the ones in my area must really hate getting money because they switched to popcorn. What makes it worse is that it's the worlds most expensive fucking popcorn. $25 is fucking insane for 18oz of popcorn, I can buy god damn prime rib/ribeye for $8.99lb, or better yet pop my own corn for a couple of bucks, if I'm feeling baller just go tot he movie theater and pay $6 and get unlimited refills.  Girl Scout cookies are like $4-$5 a box. The old boy scout candy bars were one or two bucks each. I can sometimes at most do an impulse by on my way out of a store for something under $5, but $25 can get me over a half tank of gas. 

9 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Will buy if they're selling chocolate bars. However the ones in my area must really hate getting money because they switched to popcorn. What makes it worse is that it's the worlds most expensive fucking popcorn. $25 is fucking insane for 18oz of popcorn, I can buy god damn prime rib/ribeye for $8.99lb, or better yet pop my own corn for a couple of bucks, if I'm feeling baller just go tot he movie theater and pay $6 and get unlimited refills.  Girl Scout cookies are like $4-$5 a box. The old boy scout candy bars were one or two bucks each. I can sometimes at most do an impulse by on my way out of a store for something under $5, but $25 can get me over a half tank of gas. 

The popcorn is good though and its for the boyscouts

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Vamped said:

The popcorn is good though and its for the boyscouts

Still too much for popcorn. They need to stop putting the kids up in expensive hotels for their camping trips. At most a cabin is acceptable on grounds that the BSA already own.  When my brother was in it 20 years ago they had to sleep outside in a canvas tent. If it rained hard you had to put a tarp over it. Didn't even have a bus for the kids, parents would just drop them off with a grown man in short shorts that they barely knew. Maybe one day though my ticket will come in and I'll hit it big, be popcorn rich; Salted, Caramel, Cluster, Cheddar I'll have it all!  Those are all just hobo rail dreams though, aint nobody can afford that much popcorn. 

43 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Still too much for popcorn. They need to stop putting the kids up in expensive hotels for their camping trips. At most a cabin is acceptable on grounds that the BSA already own.  When my brother was in it 20 years ago they had to sleep outside in a canvas tent. If it rained hard you had to put a tarp over it. Didn't even have a bus for the kids, parents would just drop them off with a grown man in short shorts that they barely knew. Maybe one day though my ticket will come in and I'll hit it big, be popcorn rich; Salted, Caramel, Cluster, Cheddar I'll have it all!  Those are all just hobo rail dreams though, aint nobody can afford that much popcorn. 

Hotels?....Bro, we don't get hotels....I just bough air mattresses for our camping trip to the science museum.....We are going to sleep on the floor in the commons......The popcorn sales from our pack barely paid the fees to reserve the complex for the day, so that was rather expensive but they worked hard for it.....Had me made less, we would have been camping at the zoo, and no on wanted that.

Those kids earned every dime and a ton of people told us no when we were selling and that fine....It's too much, don't buy....Simple...But we had $10 cans too, don't be such a diva.....It's not about you stuffing your face with popcorn, it's about the kids and I like that out pack leaders keep us in the loop of every penny we bring in and isn't pocketing it on their own.

You seem so jaded about everything....literally EVERYTHING.....You wanna pretend to be my husband, I can pay the $25 for the extra adult and you can do something cool instead of shitting on other people's endeavors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Hotels?....Bro, we don't get hotels....I just bough air mattresses for our camping trip to the science museum.....We are going to sleep on the floor in the commons......The popcorn sales from our pack barely paid the fees to reserve the complex for the day, so that was rather expensive but they worked hard for it.....Had me made less, we would have been camping at the zoo, and no on wanted that.

Those kids earned every dime and a ton of people told us no when we were selling and that fine....It's too much, don't buy....Simple...But we had $10 cans too, don't be such a diva.....It's not about you stuffing your face with popcorn, it's about the kids and I like that out pack leaders keep us in the loop of every penny we bring in and isn't pocketing it on their own.

You seem so jaded about everything....literally EVERYTHING.....You wanna pretend to be my husband, I can pay the $25 for the extra adult and you can do something cool instead of shitting on other people's endeavors.

They didn't even pop the corn themselves.  I grew corn as a kid, and can say that stuff sold for next to nothing. I wish tomatoes sold back then for the prices they ask these days.  As for travel from my experience with my two cousins around 12 years ago helping him out they stayed at a lot of hotels. Seemed like every few months they were raising funds for travel and a hotel. They even went to Disney World. Even the national parks they visited ended up with them getting hotels like Yellow Stone and the Grand Canyon. Could just be a troop by troop basis.  When my brother was in it though I have no idea where the money they raised went. They camped at a national park which is free, and parents did the transpiration. I guess food may have been what it went towards. Also found a doofy  picture of my brother when he started scouts. As for the trip where are we going and should I bring a tent and bag with me? 

31318275_1909954729034886_3190955276937199616_o.jpg

9 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Actually looked into this, you have to give them a picture of your Ex, and they put it in a shredder and you get 10 free wings. Cheap fucks couldn't just go for a full dozen? 

I should go in there with this printed out and demand a full dozen to go. WITH dipping sauces. Because I am the BOSS. 

hqdefault.jpg