UnevenEdge

Toonami Unevenedge Ratings Discussion 3.0: Let The Good Times Roll!!!!!

I've been referring to Unicorn as "vegetables" for the weebs, and while that may sound dismissive, it's not exactly off brand.  Genndy doesn't like Toonami, he doesn't like modern animation outside of a handful of anime, (He specifically recommends Carol and Tuesday while saying everything else recent sucks), and he doesn't have nice words for Western animators (Animation needs to be animated, not just talking).

(36:29).

This show is, halfway through, a big case of Genndy showing people what he thinks animation should be like.  It needs to be focused on the animation, it needs to have the action flow a specific way.  And he will fight you in the street if you consider second-rate crap that isn't his better.

I'll give Genndy this, although we're only halfway through Unicorn, he has never gone after the competition in his shows.  He never did what John K. did with Mighty Mouse where he made an episode that was just him bashing his perceived competitors.

(There’s a bizarre parody of Ghostbusters/Macross which apparently stemmed from the Mighty Mouse staff watching Robotech and saying it wasn’t funny, which to them meant it was a total failure).

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If there wasn’t a next day Max airing and a marathon, I’d actually start to say Unicorn is looking like a bit of a wash.  As it stands there’s way too many factors and separate airings to draw such a conclusion.

Unique streamers without associated cable channels seem to be king. No one tops YouTube, Netflix, and Hulu these days (probably in that order). But is it really safe to say that the bulk of viewership of shows which DO air on Cable TV comes from their streaming counterparts? I'm not so sure.

It would be interesting to see if most of Unicorn Warriors: Eternal's viewership comes from Max or from [as], but I doubt we'll ever see that data.

Here's all the ratings for the weekend of June 1-4 that have come in. First, Thursday:

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-thursday-6-1-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Spoiler

2023-6-1-Thu-FinalCable-LSD.png

Good numbers for Unicorn, and it actually went up considerably in all demos except 25-54 and 50+, especially the female demos.

As for Saturday...

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-saturday-6-3-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Spoiler

2023-6-3-Sat-FinalCable-LSD.png

Dr. Stone actually managed to edge out UWE 2 nights prior in Adults 18-34! Food Wars and One Piece also both either beat it or tied it in that [as] classic target demo, and Dr. Stone and Food Wars actually both tied for 5th place and One Piece tied for 8th place in that demo among the night's originals to boot! Naruto Shippuden checked in at #53 with a 0.06 and 127K total viewers, but it probably still managed to do pretty strong in 18-34.

And as for Eric Andre on Sunday?

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-sunday-6-4-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Comparable to Toonami in total viewers and 18-49, though it does seem to have skewed older, since Thursday and Saturday's action shows both handed it its ass in 18-34.

However...

https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-200-cable-reruns-week-ending-26th_01243089880.html

Unfortunately, no Toonami reruns made the Top 200 any of the previous 3 weeks, but American Dad was strong as usual, even on Saturday, but especially last Wednesday, when it almost pulled a 0.2 in 18-49.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, Jman said:

Dr. Stone beating Unicorn is no real surprise, but the others beating it as well?  That’s not a good look.

Can't say for certain that's true. The 18-49 numbers for Dr. Stone and others were still quite a ways below the Top 200 Reruns threshold, even if the 18-34 numbers kicked ass.

RATINGS TUESDAY:

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-thursday-6-8-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-final.html

Spoiler

2023-6-8-Thu-FinalCable-LSD.png

Unicorn did well despite lasting 15 minutes longer; 5th place in 18-34 isn't too shabby. The special Transformers: Dark Of The Moon airing on Nick-At-Nite got more total viewers, though.

As for Saturday? Yeowch!!!

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-saturday-6-10-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Spoiler

2023-6-10-Sat-FinalCable-LSD.png

If this was the worst week so far of 2023, it comes with a caveat that at least 3 of the 4 premieres we're grateful to have on Toonami now DID make the Top 50 and none of them got under 125K (Shippuden #54 with 126K and a fairly decent 0.06 in 18-49), but DAMN are those 18-34 numbers LOOOOW this week. It's pretty clear that most viewers in that demo watched the Stanley Cup Finals post-game and then never changed the channel. Whatever TNT aired after that probably did gangbusters!

I wonder if advertising the new episode of Dr. Stone at 12:45 would have helped? Instead of doing what they did, [as] should have started Toonami at 11:45. At least that way, fans of the anime who didn't want to watch UWE would have gotten their shows at the correct times.

13 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I wonder if advertising the new episode of Dr. Stone at 12:45 would have helped? Instead of doing what they did, [as] should have started Toonami at 11:45. At least that way, fans of the anime who didn't want to watch UWE would have gotten their shows at the correct times.

Toonami always ends up a disaster when something throws the times off, even by a small amount. I’d say we get back to where we were this week. I wouldn’t be surprised if the time oddity messed up a few DVRs as well. 

They actually did fix the Stone promo to say 12:45, but it was pretty late in the week. 

• Thanks 1

Folks, this is what a bad week looks like in 2023:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-400-cable-shows-week-ending-26th_01602488462.html

Unicorn: Warriors Eternal checked in at #217 with a 0.093 in 18-49. It typically makes the Top 100.

Dr. Stone was the only strictly Toonami show (on [as]) to make the Top 400 with a 0.072 in 18-49, good enough for #355.

Well at least AEW: Collision debuted solid on a sister network, and Dr. Stone did OK at #45:

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-saturday-6-17-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Spoiler

2023-6-17-Sat-FinalCable-LSD.png

Food Wars REALLY hit bottom, just barely edging out Shippuden. Well, all of this followed a fairly weak episode of UWE, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

If you ask me, [as] should try replaying Collision at 9 PM on Saturday nights as a direct lead-in to Toonami.

Yeesh, what a way for Food Wars to end its Toonami run. Even more reason to hope next week’s rerun is just to stall for one week and not a full loop of the season. 

What was the turning point for UWE? Two weak nights in a row, seems to me like it wore thin for people and they have given up on it. 

• Sad 1

Y’all better hope the Superman brand brings in people because this is some harsh ratings buzz for a block that’s already hurting something fierce in a way not seen since the Moribito and Kekkaishi days.  This wouldn’t even be Toonami’s fault necessarily, except it’s the same weekend the Black Clover movie was the second most streamed movie in the entire world (although some might say that supports the theory that Planet Earth needs better taste).  That’s damning.

Edited by Jman

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

At this rate, it's not going to have an easy time getting a second season...

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-sunday-6-18-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

But if it's any consolation, Eric Andre didn't do too much better...

From what I have read, it was built as a contained, 10 episode mini series. So unless that changed late in production, they don’t really need to worry about an S2 anyway. Still though, not good for Toonami since it’s dragging all of our other stuff down, and I’m expecting Superman to do the same when people catch on that it’s not an action show. 

2 hours ago, Jman said:

Y’all better hope the Superman brand brings in people because this is some harsh ratings buzz for a block that’s already hurting something fierce in a way not seen since the Moribito and Kekkaishi days.  This wouldn’t even be Toonami’s fault necessarily, except it’s the same weekend the Black Clover movie was the second most streamed movie in the entire world (although some might say that supports the theory that Planet Earth needs better taste).  That’s damning.

Right now, the block needs more than one solution. Even if Superman does great, the rest of the night is severely lacking. They need something that is a huge audience resonator to replace Food Wars, and every week that passes with no news increases my doubts that they can pull something like that off. Even then, I still think they have an uphill battle ahead for audience retention. 

While Dr Stone is viewed in a much more favorable light, it’s going the same path as the Food Wars anime, rather than a detailed journey about how the cast cooks/invents, they just pull things out of their ass. Just last week they snapped their fingers and had an oil refinery, a combustion engine, and gasoline. Not a single step shown, just here it is. And it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that’s burning some people out on it as well. 

6 hours ago, Sketch said:

Kekkaishi did great. You should have said Code Geass.

Right.

Hi everyone, @Otakuninja9000 here.

Even tho I only discovered that Adult Swim Action(AcTN) existed in 2020, the 2008-2010 period truly was a dark period.

Also, I'm convinced that unless SOMETHING changes, Toonami's ratings are gonna be like this from now on.

Also, hi @Sketch!

6 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

From what I have read, it was built as a contained, 10 episode mini series. So unless that changed late in production, they don’t really need to worry about an S2 anyway. Still though, not good for Toonami since it’s dragging all of our other stuff down, and I’m expecting Superman to do the same when people catch on that it’s not an action show. 

Right now, the block needs more than one solution. Even if Superman does great, the rest of the night is severely lacking. They need something that is a huge audience resonator to replace Food Wars, and every week that passes with no news increases my doubts that they can pull something like that off. Even then, I still think they have an uphill battle ahead for audience retention. 

While Dr Stone is viewed in a much more favorable light, it’s going the same path as the Food Wars anime, rather than a detailed journey about how the cast cooks/invents, they just pull things out of their ass. Just last week they snapped their fingers and had an oil refinery, a combustion engine, and gasoline. Not a single step shown, just here it is. And it wouldn’t surprise me at all if that’s burning some people out on it as well. 

All we keep getting are sequel seasons of the same shows for various reasons, not surprised  people burnout on them the longer they go on 

On the anime side, we haven’t been introduced to any new worlds since last year 

To be fair, so far in 2023, Toonami's premiere ratings have actually IMPROVED from the same period in 2022. Some of the episodes of One Piece and Shippuden in early '22 had much fewer than 100K total viewers, with the floor at 69K for a Shippuden episode that we wouldn't even know about in this day and age, since premieres which miss the Top 150 in 18-49 are no longer mentioned. So far in 2023, all premieres have been 99K total viewers or higher, with only one episode of Food Wars! just barely stuck in the 5-digit club.

Even so, no Toonami shows in the Top 400 for the week certainly doesn't look good:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-400-cable-shows-week-ending-26th_01602488462.html?m=1

13 hours ago, brianycpht said:

All we keep getting are sequel seasons of the same shows for various reasons, not surprised  people burnout on them the longer they go on 

On the anime side, we haven’t been introduced to any new worlds since last year 

That’s true as well. It’s hard to get excited for the lineup when it never offers you anything fresh. Our last acquisition that wasn’t a sequel was in Jan 2022. More than enough time has passed for some hopeful people to give up their hope the block will ever grab something fresh. 

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

To be fair, so far in 2023, Toonami's premiere ratings have actually IMPROVED from the same period in 2022.

It’s for sure a saving grace that the block isn’t treading in any new all time low territory. The question is, how much longer will that last? These past few weeks have been the lowest averages for 2023, and I have no doubt the last two weeks of Unicorn have had some of the lowest lead in ratings the block has ever seen. 

We need a pickup that gives the spark back to people. FLCL won’t be what does that, so I hope they haven’t placed all their chips on that. 

16 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

That’s true as well. It’s hard to get excited for the lineup when it never offers you anything fresh. Our last acquisition that wasn’t a sequel was in Jan 2022. More than enough time has passed for some hopeful people to give up their hope the block will ever grab something fresh. 

It’s for sure a saving grace that the block isn’t treading in any new all time low territory. The question is, how much longer will that last? These past few weeks have been the lowest averages for 2023, and I have no doubt the last two weeks of Unicorn have had some of the lowest lead in ratings the block has ever seen. 

We need a pickup that gives the spark back to people. FLCL won’t be what does that, so I hope they haven’t placed all their chips on that. 

Right now Toonami is in a classic case of "Make due with what you have."  And that's not changing any time soon.  Was DeMarco biased for making yet more FLCL despite the clearly diminishing returns?  Yes, but Crunchyroll, Netflix, and now Hulu/Disney are cutting him off at every turn.  Jujutsu Kaisen?  They should have aired it back when Warner owned Max but the success of the first season and movie have it out of price range.  Witch from Mercury?  Rocketing Bandai to record profits and controlled by Crunchyroll?  Bleach?  Viz seems happy giving their stuff to the Mouse.  Even potential future seasons of Black Clover are probably Netflix bound after Sword of the Wizard King did utterly massive weekend numbers for them.  It was easier in the past when Toonami did have a wider variety of shows, to dismiss not having others as those shows not being up to snuff.  Sometimes it worked, consistent with DeMarco's quoted vision of a "bespoke action block" like when they aired Made in Abyss, and sometimes it's "Sure we don't have Chainsaw Man or Hell's Paradise, but we have a Genndy cartoon!"

This is what happens when your parent company is so broke-ass that they're selling half of their music and no one wants to work with you anymore.  I'm wondering how much of this is just good old fashioned budget given Warner's increasingly public financial issues and Zaslav's Priority #1 being debt reduction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jman said:

Right now Toonami is in a classic case of "Make due with what you have."  And that's not changing any time soon.  Was DeMarco biased for making yet more FLCL despite the clearly diminishing returns?  Yes, but Crunchyroll, Netflix, and now Hulu/Disney are cutting him off at every turn.  Jujutsu Kaisen?  They should have aired it back when Warner owned Max but the success of the first season and movie have it out of price range.  Witch from Mercury?  Rocketing Bandai to record profits and controlled by Crunchyroll?  Bleach?  Viz seems happy giving their stuff to the Mouse.  Even potential future seasons of Black Clover are probably Netflix bound after Sword of the Wizard King did utterly massive weekend numbers for them.  It was easier in the past when Toonami did have a wider variety of shows, to dismiss not having others as those shows not being up to snuff.  Sometimes it worked, consistent with DeMarco's quoted vision of a "bespoke action block" like when they aired Made in Abyss, and sometimes it's "Sure we don't have Chainsaw Man or Hell's Paradise, but we have a Genndy cartoon!"

This is what happens when your parent company is so broke-ass that they're selling half of their music and no one wants to work with you anymore.  I'm wondering how much of this is just good old fashioned budget given Warner's increasingly public financial issues and Zaslav's Priority #1 being debt reduction.

I feel like we have this same exchange every few days. Yes, their typical AAA title path had long since been closed off. But plan B over at Sentai and some of Viz legacy titles are still an option. They wouldn’t be the most in demand pickups, but they would be something, which we have long been in need of. The best case scenario for the block right now is having a schedule drop that makes people say “huh, I have never heard of that one.” 

Is it a budget issue? Maybe, but Toonami doesn’t feel completely destitute. Our bumps refresh much more often than last year, and they keep making those little short animations, so the block isn’t completely broke. We often see Demarco comment how he is still trying to make a deal for stuff like JJK and Demon Slayer S2 despite being firmly told no on both. Time that would be better spent researching Sentai titles they actually can get. 

6 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Clearly they haven't, we'd have heard something about it by now if they did.

Never underestimate their marketing tactic for Toonami. As long as they know internally that it’s coming out this year, they will gladly let everything ride on it. Even if the audience only learns about it 2 weeks ahead of time. 

• Like 1

I think we keep having this conversation not out of redundancy on either of our ends, but because it feels like every week Zaslav makes a new stupid decision that comes to light, like trying to sell the music rights to half of Warner’s films, or the AI designed to reject pitches.  Can someone tell him to space out his stupid actions, for all our sakes?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jman said:

I think we keep having this conversation not out of redundancy on either of our ends, but because it feels like every week Zaslav makes a new stupid decision that comes to light, like trying to sell the music rights to half of Warner’s films, or the AI designed to reject pitches.  Can someone tell him to space out his stupid actions, for all our sakes?

Toonami is in a confusing place when it comes to that. You would think if Toonami got a “hey stop wasting money!” notice from higher up, the first thing out would be those short animations. They are neat, but have almost no return on investment. Yet they continue to come, so it doesn’t seem like Toonami is on the impending chopping block. But then we look at the actual meat of the block, and there is just nothing there. 

What it seems like from my point of view, is they would rather the schedule have a 3-4 month gap on it to conserve money to afford a pity sequel from Crunchyroll, rather than having a year round properly stocked 12-3 block with more affordable shows. While that has not completely failed them yet, I don’t think that will be sustainable in the long term. We have this Food Wars gap coming up, plus we have Dr Stone taking an early exit in August which I’ll bet they didn’t plan on. And what was supposed to be our gap filler in One Piece, they refuse to utilize as such, and Naruto is getting dangerously close to its end that they can’t double that either. 

I’d be interested to see what the higher up plans are for the block after Superman is adequately shilled. I think a big thing keeping us going is being an extra avenue to shill Max projects, but there won’t be a constant stream of those. 

• Like 1

So, if I'm seeing right, fully half the block starting this week is dedicated to reruns? Eesh.

I'm probably incredibly biased, cuz I've fully tuned it out and can't actually speak for the quality.. but I wouldn't be shocked if Naruto is also in some ways at the root of this, being in one last burst of filler hell. Looks like thankfully that will be coming to an end in a couple months or so at least; maybe getting back to canon can bring back some energy..

In general tho, as nice as it's been to have some big names on the block, maybe it'd be worth looking to cultivate more of a "cult classic" feel. Clearly they're not able to pick up new stuff very well or very often. So why not look back to find some sleeper hits. Sure that runs the risk of hitting a "that's old, people have already seen it" etc. But, idk. They could maybe pull off finding a few things that have those dedicated audiences, things that didn't catch the right attention and maybe just need a wider reach to catch on. Orrr, they're old and the reason they're not popular is because they're just not very good..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

So, if I'm seeing right, fully half the block starting this week is dedicated to reruns? Eesh.

Not even 1 full month ago that was the reality for the lineup for about a month. At least back then the reruns were contained entirely at the start/end rather than being an interruption in the middle. 

16 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

I'm probably incredibly biased, cuz I've fully tuned it out and can't actually speak for the quality.. but I wouldn't be shocked if Naruto is also in some ways at the root of this, being in one last burst of filler hell. Looks like thankfully that will be coming to an end in a couple months or so at least; maybe getting back to canon can bring back some energy..

Naruto is typically just along for the ride. Doesn’t matter what it’s airing, it has little, if any influence on the ratings. 

17 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

So why not look back to find some sleeper hits. Sure that runs the risk of hitting a "that's old, people have already seen it" etc.

People have been begging them to do this for about 2 years now. The “thats old” argument has always been flawed considering AssClass was over 5 years old on top of being fairly popular at the time, and still did great for the block. The trick is not going too old, 10 years is usually a good baseline. Plus, you can’t really argue “people have seen it before” as a bad thing when the alternative is an eternal loop of Primal. 

I think I have said before, but the thing Toonami viewers value the most is engaging content that is fresh to Toonami. As long as it’s not boring and has never aired on Toonami before, it’s got a good chance of people tuning in. 

You know, with games getting remasters and re-releases, it would make a lot of sense if the block is starving for new material.

What I’m saying is they should air Persona 4: The Animation. J/k 

Sorry, just had it on the brain because of the recent re-release of the game, not to mention the game is for all intents and purposes, Japanese Scooby Doo.

Edited by Jman

59 minutes ago, Jman said:

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/some-unfortunate-news.html

Showbuzz Daily is shuttering its doors after this week.  That’s going to make ratings diving much more difficult.

That’s a shame, but their reasoning doesn’t surprise me. Full picture ratings for everything keep getting harder to find, and cable has cratered so much that what we do get doesn’t tell us much. Not to say it’s entirely worthless, this weeks Toonami ratings show us it was a moronic choice to loop Food Wars, so hopefully that’s gonna change. 

Is Spoiler TV still doing numbers? That may be the last source we have.

Yes.

But last week they were so piss-poor none of them even made the Top 400 Shows for the week.

This week looks to be a BIT better, since Unicorn: Warriors Eternal did well, and as for Toonami:

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-saturday-6-24-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

Spoiler

2023-6-24-Sat-FinalCable-LSD.png

Good on ya, Dr. Stone! Too bad Naruto Shippuden had half that audience in total viewers, meaning we officially have our second entrant in the 5-digit club with it checking in with 90K, baby!

Ooooooph that Food Wars drop was no joke. One Piece managed to gain on it but the damage was done and Shippuden dropped below100k because of it.

https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-saturday-6-24-2023-top-150-cable-originals-network-finals.html

I suppose that's the real difference between an encore of an original airing days prior and an immediate rerun of an anime that just ended on the block. One is annoying because it's not new to us unless we intentionally ignore the prior airings and Max upload but to some viewers its new material. The other isn't new to anyone who watched it on Toonami and has no business airing anywhere but the back of the block if at all.

If they have any intention of re-airing more of Food Wars it has to be at the ass-end of the block. You could argue it only hurts One Piece and Shippuden and reruns of MHA but that's half the block and the last thing the long runners need is more reason not to keep watching them. There's no reason to sabotage half the block to keep Food Wars earlier as a place holder. Just because they were able to get away with that nonsense with Primal a couple of weeks doesn't mean it's sensible to attempt it with Food Wars.

Now's a real good time to bring back double One Piece if they still have nothing to slot in but I gotta believe they have SOMETHING else for July. I just hope they say what it is soon. It's about time to announce the July 15th schedule but they can and potentially will put that off until after the 4th of July. I'm only moderately hopeful they'll post it to Facebook by Friday.

Edited by Sketch
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

There's no reason to sabotage half the block to keep Food Wars earlier as a place holder. Just because they were able to get away with that nonsense with Primal a couple of weeks doesn't mean it's sensible to attempt it with Food Wars.

Now's a real good time to bring back double One Piece

I have always hated their weird obsession with holding slots. For a week? Fine, but more often than not in recent years it’s been for multiple weeks to months at a time. Just shuffle stuff around, with only 6 slots nothing is making any radical moves. On that matter though, Dr Stone moves to 1am to accommodate Superman. If they have something fresh, now would be the time to add it at 12:30. 

As far as double One Piece goes, we still don’t know if they are jumping into Dressrosa or not. If my count is right, there are 5 canon episodes left, then 3 post arc filler episodes that are bundled with Punk Hazard’s episode count. They may want to conserve that as much as they can if Dressrosa isn’t in the cards. 

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

I gotta believe they have SOMETHING else for July. I just hope they say what it is soon. It's about time to announce the July 15th schedule but they can and potentially will put that off until after the 4th of July. I'm only moderately hopeful they'll post it to Facebook by Friday.

Sunday is that Production IG panel, so regardless of what will be announced there, I can see them keeping things quiet this week to drive engagement to that panel. They might announce FLCL for August or something, but I can’t see it starting in 2 weeks. But, that lingering question will drive more to check it out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

T-minus X days before Zaslav announces the cutting of all linear channels

Nah nah nah nah. The one good thing (for Toonami and Adult Swim) about the vest man is he still thinks linear cable is the best place to premiere television shows. But contrary to that he won’t let them invest in much scripted content for linear channels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I have always hated their weird obsession with holding slots. For a week? Fine, but more often than not in recent years it’s been for multiple weeks to months at a time. Just shuffle stuff around, with only 6 slots nothing is making any radical moves. On that matter though, Dr Stone moves to 1am to accommodate Superman. If they have something fresh, now would be the time to add it at 12:30. 

As far as double One Piece goes, we still don’t know if they are jumping into Dressrosa or not. If my count is right, there are 5 canon episodes left, then 3 post arc filler episodes that are bundled with Punk Hazard’s episode count. They may want to conserve that as much as they can if Dressrosa isn’t in the cards. 

Sunday is that Production IG panel, so regardless of what will be announced there, I can see them keeping things quiet this week to drive engagement to that panel. They might announce FLCL for August or something, but I can’t see it starting in 2 weeks. But, that lingering question will drive more to check it out. 

They seem to hold timeslots down because this seems to be the one audience in TV that doesn’t record things or uses a cable guide. We’ve seen proof time and again that moving a timeslot causes some of the audience to believe a show is gone. It’s like they are still stuck 20 years ago and only flip the TV on at the exact moment a show airs 

If you think I’m being harsh, look at some of the comments whenever a schedule change is announced and they ask what happened to the show that just ended and is being replaced 

Edited by brianycpht
  • Confused 1