UnevenEdge

Toonami Unevenedge Ratings Discussion 3.0: Let The Good Times Roll!!!!!

Toonami
Unevenedge
Ratings
Discussion
3.0 "Let The Good Times Roll"

In this thread, we discuss the Nielsen Ratings for Toonami shows and occasionally other [adult swim] shows that are posted on websites like showbuzzdaily.com and programminginsider.com.

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND DO NOT POST LINKS TO ILLEGAL SITES!!!!!

[thank you]

First, a blast from the past!! HERE'S what Toonami's leading shows did on this day 4 years ago:

Top-40-Cable-SAT.08-Aug-2015-e1439298003

"CABLE HIGHLIGHTS:  As we’ve noted before, we’re relying on readers telling us that the anime shows running on Adult Swim are originals in their current versions (although in some cases the network lists them as reruns), so we have no way of knowing whether Adult Swim is repeating its own episodes.  That being said, the top cable “original” of the night was actually DRAGON BALL Z, up an impressive 0.25 from last week to 0.98 and with 2M total viewers.  AKAME GA KILL, which is on the chart, followed at 0.93.  MICHIKO & HATCHIN was up 0.23 from last week to 0.74, with 1.5M total viewers.  SWORD ART ONLINE was up 0.17 to 0.64, as per the chart.  NARUTO rose 0.15 to 0.56, with 1M total viewers.  ATTACK ON TITAN grew by 0.11 to 0.47, with 900K total viewers.  ONE PIECE gained 0.04 to 0.45, with 850K total viewers."

Now, just under a week ago on 8/3/2019, here's how Toonami is doing:

"Adult Swim’s line-up performed as follows:   DRAGON BALL at 0.31 and 0.12/343K & 0.11/310K, compared to last week’s 0.34 and 0.12/314K & 0.13/287K, GEN LOCK at 0.17, FIRE FORCE down 0.02 to 0.15/327K, LUPIN THE 3RD down 0.01 to 0.13, FOOD WARS up 0.02 to 0.16, BLACK CLOVER down 0.01 to 0.16/336K, BORUTO down 0.02 to 0.15, NARUTO steady at 0.14/302K, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM down 0.02 to 0.13/270K, MY HERO ACADEMIA down 0.05 to 0.12/303K, and GEMUSETTO MACHU PICCHU down 0.04 to 0.08/195K."

Final-Cable-2019-Aug-03-SAT.png

3 major differences:

EARLIER start time (11 PM vs. Midnight)
LOWER total viewers, adults 18-34, 18-49
MUCH LOWER "girl power" Female 12-34 viewers

At least the older viewers (50+) viewership is about the same at about 1:30 AM

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 3
  • D'oh 1

16 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Also, AGK pulled nearly 2 million viewers, and it was nothing but violent fanservice. 

Time for Fairy Tale. Seriously.

I always laugh at AGK.  Objectively average and fell off the rails at the end, famous for being the most ANIME of the anime they ever picked up, rumored to be part of a package deal for Parasyte, and it completely destroyed Parasyte in ratings.

It’s like how Netflix goes on and on about how this cartoon is super diverse and inclusive, and they find kids watching Transformers and adults watching Baki.   And then the other thing gets cancelled.

• Like 1

AGK started out outstanding but started to slip a bit toward the end, but Parasyte started decent and stayed pretty much consistent throughout its run. Its marathon also did better than AGK's (was the closest thing Toonami aired in 2015 to a "movie"), although the latter was longer. It also aired in a later timeslot (1 AM) vs. 12:30 for AGK. Oddly enough, now Food Wars, another Sentai show, is the occupant of the 1 AM timeslot, and you can see how well THAT's going... 

Edited by OwlChemist81

Oh lookie here. The full ratings for last Saturday just got posted by PI:

https://programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-ae-leads-another-summer-prime-time-among-adults-18-49-with-live-pd/

8/3/2019 - Total Viewers
Show Viewers Retention
DBZ Kai 343,000  
DBS (R)  310,000 90.38%
  TOONAMI  
DBS (P) 626,000 87.43%
Gen:LOCK 347,000 55.43%
FireForce 327,000 94.24%
LupinPt5 278,000 85.02%
FoodWars! 317,000 114.03%
B. Clover 336,000 105.99%
Boruto 322,000 95.83%
Shippuden 302,000 93.79%
Gundam 270,000 89.40%
MHA 303,000 112.22%
AVERAGE 342,800 24 of 31

8/3/19 - Adults 18-49
Show Viewers Retention
DBZ Kai 154,000  
DBS (R)  141,000 91.56%
  TOONAMI  
DBS (P) 394,000 96.10%
Gen:LOCK 218,000 55.33%
FireForce 194,000 88.99%
LupinPt5 165,000 85.05%
FoodWars! 201,000 121.82%
B. Clover 212,000 105.47%
Boruto 195,000 91.98%
Shippuden 178,000 91.28%
Gundam 170,000 95.51%
MHA 160,000 94.12%
AVERAGE 208,700 25 of 31

[italics denotes estimate]

The greatest gainer in terms of slot-to-slot retention in BOTH total viewers and Adults 18-49 turned out to be...Food Wars!?

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, Ginguy said:

Also, AGK pulled nearly 2 million viewers, and it was nothing but violent fanservice. 

Time for Fairy Tale. Seriously.

While 1.8 million is astounding for any show even back in 2015, we all know AgK could not have pulled that off if DBZ Kai didn’t break 2 million that night. It held DBZ pretty well throughout its run, that’s about all anyone could ask. One-Punch Man remains the only anime to one-up it’s DBZ lead and it definitely didn’t manage that for fan service.

That said, Food Wars is showing nice gains and stable performance despite being a slightly old dub that is streaming on Hulu. That is definitely showing the potential for fan service heavy shows right now. We’ll see if Fire Force manages the same.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Oh lookie here. The full ratings for last Saturday just got posted by PI:

https://programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-ae-leads-another-summer-prime-time-among-adults-18-49-with-live-pd/

8/3/2019 - Total Viewers
Show Viewers Retention
DBZ Kai 343,000  
DBS (R)  310,000 90.38%
  TOONAMI  
DBS (P) 626,000 87.43%
Gen:LOCK 347,000 55.43%
FireForce 327,000 94.24%
LupinPt5 278,000 85.02%
FoodWars! 317,000 114.03%
B. Clover 336,000 105.99%
Boruto 322,000 95.83%
Shippuden 302,000 93.79%
Gundam 270,000 89.40%
MHA 303,000 112.22%
AVERAGE 342,800 24 of 31

8/3/19 - Adults 18-49
Show Viewers Retention
DBZ Kai 154,000  
DBS (R)  141,000 91.56%
  TOONAMI  
DBS (P) 394,000 96.10%
Gen:LOCK 218,000 55.33%
FireForce 194,000 88.99%
LupinPt5 165,000 85.05%
FoodWars! 201,000 121.82%
B. Clover 212,000 105.47%
Boruto 195,000 91.98%
Shippuden 178,000 91.28%
Gundam 170,000 95.51%
MHA 160,000 94.12%
AVERAGE 208,700 25 of 31

[italics denotes estimate]

The greatest gainer in terms of slot-to-slot retention in BOTH total viewers and Adults 18-49 turned out to be...Food Wars!?

Why is lupin even on at midnight anyways?  Time for the one piece and mha treatment 

Cool, a new thread made without my involvement. I wish there weren't tee that many exclamation points in the title, but you don't have to change it. 😛

The days of great ratings from 2015 seem so long ago, although I'm glass the idea is no longer at the focus. This just goes to show that even DBZ needed the perfect storm to get that high. That episode even managed to outrage the premiere of Rick and Morty the following day! Pretty cool. And it did so with repurposed animation from the 90's, albeit with some scant new cuts.

I think if the halcyon days of 2014-16 are to be remembered for one thing, it's that the block was able to get by with a little bit of everything. You had crowd pleasers like AgK mixed with more obscure stuff that managed to hit (like Michiko & Hatchin) plus not too many of the usual shonen favorites. I don't know what got stuck in DeMarco's craw to break this trend, but I'm glad we're starting to see the variety return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, Blatch said:

Cool, a new thread made without my involvement. I wish there weren't tee that many exclamation points in the title, but you don't have to change it. 😛

The days of great ratings from 2015 seem so long ago, although I'm glass the idea is no longer at the focus. This just goes to show that even DBZ needed the perfect storm to get that high. That episode even managed to outrage the premiere of Rick and Morty the following day! Pretty cool. And it did so with repurposed animation from the 90's, albeit with some scant new cuts.

I think if the halcyon days of 2014-16 are to be remembered for one thing, it's that the block was able to get by with a little bit of everything. You had crowd pleasers like AgK mixed with more obscure stuff that managed to hit (like Michiko & Hatchin) plus not too many of the usual shonen favorites. I don't know what got stuck in DeMarco's craw to break this trend, but I'm glad we're starting to see the variety return.

I tend to consider the shift toward long-runners to be caused by several factors.

1) Viz wanted HxH, JoJo and eventually Boruto on TV. Before those came along, Toonami already had DBZ, Naruto, One Piece and had finished Bleach. Fairy Tail was pretty much the only 200+ episode fighting shounen they had ignored. And it basically still is because only part of Gintama and others got dubbed.

2) Constantly picking new shows was becoming problematic so they felt more long series and series with multiple iterations could lighten that load. They likely felt they could never maintain more than 6 premieres at a time unless they got more long runners.

3) DBZ Kai was only ever matched by One-Punch Man so they thought shows cut from the same cloth as DBZ and Naruto would definitely do well and better than the 

4) They just plain like DBS, HxH, JoJo, Gundam, Lupin, Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia among others.

5) DBZ Kai was so popular that not airing Super or even the Buu saga of Kai wasn’t even questioned and Toei wanted them on TV. So they didn’t see any issue with airing Buu Kai and Super at the same time.

And possibly one of the biggest factors aside from what the distributors wanted was simply this:

6) No matter how many long series and sequel series Toonami was airing, fans kept asking for more of the same. They let that guide their choices more than they probably should have.

Because of that, some people genuinely believe Toonami is only for shounen fans now and that it turned its back on seinin fans in 2016. Those folks argue that if Toonami had ignored the demand for every long runner and stuck to a schedule like it had in 2014 and 2015, that Toonami would be doing significantly better now. They feel the decision to keep a largely consistent schedule full of JUMP shounen headlined by DBS, pushed loyal viewers away out of boredom and frustration.

They might be at least partially right. Though I don’t think a schedule like the one they had in 2015 would have done better (or worse) than what we had from 2016 till today. Maybe a little if only by the nature of diminishing returns from sequels and continuations. Even DBS has sank considerably from where it started in early  2017 so of course JoJo and HxH would as well. Alas, we will never know for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That still doesn’t explain how some of these shows middle on Toonami and somehow become hits when on Netflix.  The first two seasons of JoJo trended next to freaking Infinity War.  Just think about how hard that is.  “Yeah, I’m on Netflix for three shows.  Stranger Things, Fuller House, and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Not to mention you have stuff trending without them, like how Demon Slayer apparently trended on Twitter this weekend (which means I have to watch it now).

It does explain the inability of the block to shine a light on lesser known shows.  People don’t trust the block to show anything outside of the shounen bubble so stuff that is outside said bubble inevitably falls through the cracks.

58 minutes ago, Jman said:

That still doesn’t explain how some of these shows middle on Toonami and somehow become hits when on Netflix.  The first two seasons of JoJo trended next to freaking Infinity War.  Just think about how hard that is.  “Yeah, I’m on Netflix for three shows.  Stranger Things, Fuller House, and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.

Not to mention you have stuff trending without them, like how Demon Slayer apparently trended on Twitter this weekend (which means I have to watch it now).

It does explain the inability of the block to shine a light on lesser known shows.  People don’t trust the block to show anything outside of the shounen bubble so stuff that is outside said bubble inevitably falls through the cracks.

Despite airing off and on since October 2016. I get the impression that a lot of people were not even aware that JoJo has been on Adult Swim on Saturday nights.

Even a brief pop-up on Netflix seems to catch more attention than a lineup promo from Toonami. Though I’m not honestly convinced that each episode of JoJo was watched by even a million unique subscribers on Netflix. If it could manage even 600,000 then it’s doing comparable numbers to Stardust’s  better days on Toonami but below the 800,000-1 Million Part 1 was able to get in late 2016. Yes I do believe a show can trend on Netflix without getting even a million subscribers to check it out.

I figure most anime on Netflix are lucky to get 300,000 per episode while a select few can get close to double that and most get less than 200,000. That looks pretty good compared to Toonami now but given the amount of subscribers Netflix has it’s a rather small percentage of their total audience. I’m partially basing that theory on how many views popular shows get on certain pirate sites but I’d like to believe the pirate numbers have decreased a bit due to the ease of watching anime legally now.

Call me crazy but I’d figure those FLCL sequels did comparable numbers to some of the more lauded Netflix exclusive anime. Maybe not Aggretsuko, Seven Deadly Sins or Devil Man Cry Baby though. Those three definitely caught on with the wider audience.

People still don’t know Toonami is on and has been back for over seven years. They should really advertise on YouTube a lot more than they have and advertise on other networks. CR’s free player is loaded with redundant ads, Toonami should advertise on CR for sure. After all, CR advertises during Toonami.

• Like 1

As we all know, DeMarco’s shit taste and Toonami’s lack of promotion are both legendary.  It’s why the idea that gen:Lock will get more popularity via Toonami is laughable.  No one knows about it!  None of the actors have said a damn thing and Toonami doesn’t promote.  Meanwhile we had a freaking Dr. Stone billboard in Times Square.

• Sad 1

Of course DeMarco barely advertises Toonami on the right outlets because he's stuck in the 1990's where you could do the lowest amount of advertising and still turn a profit because there wasn't any competition for anime. Where's his energy!? Why aren't you going around telling EVERYONE at the right companies that Toonami's back and airing certain shows??

Edited by elfie

On 8/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, Blatch said:

One thing everyone needs to remember to is that in 2015 we had an all FOX lead in. They aren’t willing to do that anymore but I’d they were we’d have a higher start to the night 

8 hours ago, Sketch said:

Despite airing off and on since October 2016. I get the impression that a lot of people were not even aware that JoJo has been on Adult Swim on Saturday nights.

Even a brief pop-up on Netflix seems to catch more attention than a lineup promo from Toonami. Though I’m not honestly convinced that each episode of JoJo was watched by even a million unique subscribers on Netflix. If it could manage even 600,000 then it’s doing comparable numbers to Stardust’s  better days on Toonami but below the 800,000-1 Million Part 1 was able to get in late 2016. Yes I do believe a show can trend on Netflix without getting even a million subscribers to check it out.

I figure most anime on Netflix are lucky to get 300,000 per episode while a select few can get close to double that and most get less than 200,000. That looks pretty good compared to Toonami now but given the amount of subscribers Netflix has it’s a rather small percentage of their total audience. I’m partially basing that theory on how many views popular shows get on certain pirate sites but I’d like to believe the pirate numbers have decreased a bit due to the ease of watching anime legally now.

Call me crazy but I’d figure those FLCL sequels did comparable numbers to some of the more lauded Netflix exclusive anime. Maybe not Aggretsuko, Seven Deadly Sins or Devil Man Cry Baby though. Those three definitely caught on with the wider audience.

People still don’t know Toonami is on and has been back for over seven years. They should really advertise on YouTube a lot more than they have and advertise on other networks. CR’s free player is loaded with redundant ads, Toonami should advertise on CR for sure. After all, CR advertises during Toonami.

My wife watched twin star exorcist last week and literally saw the Harry Potter ride at Universal ad 9 times an episode over and over. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jman said:

As we all know, DeMarco’s shit taste and Toonami’s lack of promotion are both legendary.  It’s why the idea that gen:Lock will get more popularity via Toonami is laughable.  No one knows about it!  None of the actors have said a damn thing and Toonami doesn’t promote.  Meanwhile we had a freaking Dr. Stone billboard in Times Square.

I feel like they are just cheap. They don’t want to sink any advertising into the block and just want to get out of it what they can without significant advertising

i don't know what airing limits there are for American Dad! now especially since they increased sightly at the beginning of the year, but Family Guy is gone in two years and Bob's Burgers is gone in around four. the airing limits for those shows, the only FOX shows left, make distributing them throughout the week difficult. i'm very curious what's gonna happen to Kai when/if they lose 8 pm in the fall. it wouldn't be a bad idea to make 3 am Kai/Super reruns forever, but there's not much else that can air at 8 pm (especially with that being the one hour disallowing TV-MA content) so when they get it back what do they do? and when Family Guy leaves, what do they do? it's only a question because they said it's hard to get people to watch anime on tv that early in the evening (9 pm) and they'll presumably be keeping 8 pm the rest of the next several years. would that just not matter when they don't have shows to fall back on?

"Older episodes of Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers currently air on Turner’s Adult Swim, which shares them with corporate sibling TBS. The deals cover the first 15 seasons of Family Guy and the first eight seasons of Bob’s Burgers, which will move to FXX once those pacts expire. When rights to the newer seasons of both shows became available, FX Networks jumped at the opportunity.

By the time FX Networks recently closed the deal for the rights to the show, the company became part of Disney under the recent $71.3 billion acquisition."

16 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Speaking of [as] losing FG and Bob's Burgers, did they ever confirm that they weren't renewing the rights to either of them? Or is it just a widespread assumption because Disney?

Disney purchased FOX which includes their sitcom animated shows, so yes, Adult Swim cannot renew them.

If the views that Crunchyroll gathered for Super are anything to go by, I expect the ratings for the very last episodes of Super on Toonami to sky rocket, which gives me hope for the short-term. Hell, the last episode was so popular, it was publicly screened in Mexico without the owners' permission!

• Like 1

Well, since gen:LOCK is ending 2 weeks before Dragon Ball Super, perhaps they'll even double-up on DBS the week after gen:LOCK ends and make Episodes 130 and 131 back-to-back a special event on either September 28th (if no Labor Day marathon) or October 5th (if there is a Labor Day marathon)! Though it might be better to split them up and give extra star power, or at least a chance at it, to the new 11:30 show, but I digress...

Dragon Ball Super improved last week, but that improvement really didn't carry over to gen:LOCK that much, though it did crack the Top 15 in Adults 18-49 and even took Fire Force with it!

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-10-2019.html

Final-Cable-2019-Aug-10-SAT.png

Boruto checks in at #55 with a 0.13 in Adults 18-49 and 266K viewers, just barely edging out Mobile Suit Gundam(: The Origin) Red Comet at #56, also with a 0.13 in Adults 18-49, but only 237K total viewers. Maybe the fact that I forgot to make a "watch DVR recordings on Sunday" tweet somehow had an impact!? But it is also true that it's now on FUNimation NOW Attack on Titan-style a day after it airs on Toonami, so that might have an impact. But all of MHA is also streaming on there and it usually edges it out, though we won't know how the penultimate episode of Season 3 did until a little later on today. (Ditto with Black Clover's Charmy's Clover Clips and the 2nd episode of Shippuden's Reanimated Akatsuki War arc.)

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 7:36 AM, Jman said:

I saw that! It's pretty remarkable to see a show trend without the promotional might of the licensor at play... although I guess someone at Aniplex could've paid off a Twitter staffer to give their hot new Korean cartoon a pop.

This week's ratings look nice, although gen:LOCK is having the kind of decreases that'll make someone at the /co thread whip up another negative DeMarco meme. But it's also (presumably) free to air due to being under Warner's dominion, so I think it's reasonable it could be doing just as well as AoT S3.

• Like 2

IIRC, the ulterior motive behind this was to hype up for a season 2 since they made the boneheaded decision to premiere it as a RT exclusive.  Of course they didn’t count on DeMarco’s legendary lack of any kind of promotion.  How the hell do you have all those A listers (Michael B. Jordan’s film, regardless of what you thought of it, was nominated for goddamn Best Picture!) and not mention them once?  Because this is Toonami, where we’re building you baffling decisions because someone still thinks it’s 1999 and their biggest competition is Fox Kids.

If season 2 does debut, it will likely be around the launch window of the HBO MAX streaming Ultrazord, which will give it a big boost.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blatch said:

They also put it on Crunchyroll, country of origin be damned. At least it fits better than High Guardian Spice.

I am still convinced High Guardian Spice doesn’t exist and is merely a scam mentioned to make fan service heavy or controversial shows more popular with faux outrage.  That’s why Goblin Slayer will return and we will assuredly be getting more Shield Hero.

gen:Lock is apparently getting tie-in comics from DC as well.  The fact that no one is leveraging these resources remains baffling.  Seriously, have TOM interview David Tenant!  It’s better than a speech!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

I saw that! It's pretty remarkable to see a show trend without the promotional might of the licensor at play... although I guess someone at Aniplex could've paid off a Twitter staffer to give their hot new Korean cartoon a pop.

FYI, the reason Demon Slayer trended that week is because that was a particularly spectacular episode anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jman said:

I am still convinced High Guardian Spice doesn’t exist and is merely a scam mentioned to make fan service heavy or controversial shows more popular with faux outrage.  That’s why Goblin Slayer will return and we will assuredly be getting more Shield Hero.

gen:Lock is apparently getting tie-in comics from DC as well.  The fact that no one is leveraging these resources remains baffling.  Seriously, have TOM interview David Tenant!  It’s better than a speech!

... High Guardian Spice feels like a nasty fever dream that lasted for several days.

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

Wait, KOREAN!? Is Demon Slayer actually Korean in origin, rather than Japanese!? It is a Madhouse show so I guess it uses more Korean staff than your average anime, but it's not correct to call such shows "Aeni"...is it?

Edited by OwlChemist81

1 hour ago, Jman said:

TOM interviewing David Tenant would be amazing. I would be amused if they had TOM interview Michael B. Jordan as well.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sketch said:

TOM interviewing David Tenant would be amazing. I would be amused if they had TOM interview Michael B. Jordan as well.

It’s Jordan’s production company that’s a co-producer.  I’m sure he would sit down if it meant getting a Season 2 greenlit, and DeMarco could be arsed to set it up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Sketch said:

There is a bit of an obstacle to that happening during Season 1: It's of abnormal length, longer than any of the other Toonami shows, and time is limited. Those interviews would likely happen during another Toonami show, but damn if Dragon Ball Super wouldn't be almost perfect for that. But for Season 2, the episodes should be cut to 20-22 minutes in pre-production to air on Toonami, and that will allow for more time for star VA interviews actually during the episode's run.

And lookie here: we have an update:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-10-2019.html

"Adult Swim’s line-up performed as follows:   DRAGON BALL at 0.33 and 0.10/284K & 0.12/286K, compared to last week’s 0.31 and 0.12/343K & 0.11/310K, GEN LOCK up 0.03 to 0.20, FIRE FORCE up 0.05 to 0.20/372K, LUPIN THE 3RD up 0.04 to 0.17, FOOD WARS steady at 0.16, BLACK CLOVER down 0.01 to 0.15/283K, BORUTO down 0.02 to 0.13, NARUTO sdown 0.02 to 0.12/239K, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM steady at 0.13/237K, MY HERO ACADEMIA up 0.01 to 0.13/282K, and GEMUSETTO MACHU PICCHU up 0.01 to 0.09/175K."

8/10/2019 - Total Viewers
Show Viewers Retention
DBZ Kai 282,000  
DBS (R)  286,000 101.42%
F. Guy    
  TOONAMI  
DBS (P) 711,000 #DIV/0!
Gen:LOCK 390,000 54.85%
FireForce 372,000 95.38%
LupinPt5 301,000 80.91%
FoodWars! 303,000 100.66%
B. Clover 283,000 93.40%
Boruto 266,000 93.99%
Shippuden 239,000 89.85%
Gundam 237,000 99.16%
MHA 282,000 118.99%
AVERAGE 338,400 25 of 32

Food Wars!, Gundam, and MHA are surprisingly the best retainers in total viewers (DBS is still unknown), and note above that Gundam actually GAINED on Shippuden in 18-49 as well, but the worst retainer by far is gen:LOCK.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, since gen:LOCK is ending 2 weeks before Dragon Ball Super, perhaps they'll even double-up on DBS the week after gen:LOCK ends and make Episodes 130 and 131 back-to-back a special event on either September 28th (if no Labor Day marathon) or October 5th (if there is a Labor Day marathon)! Though it might be better to split them up and give extra star power, or at least a chance at it, to the new 11:30 show, but I digress...

I doubled up on DB Super for the final two episodes in my expansive schedule of anime I've recorded/given/plan to give TV content ratings to, so it's not exactly out there.

2 hours ago, Jman said:

That would explain why the first promotional video was just a poorly-disguised marketing campaign for female-heavy creative teams.

Toonami may end up using some of Weller's dialogue in a speech, assuming they make one while gen:LOCK's still airing, so I'll consider that good enough on that front.

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Wait, KOREAN!? Is Demon Slayer actually Korean in origin, rather than Japanese!? It is a Madhouse show so I guess it uses more Korean staff than your average anime, but it's not correct to call such shows "Aeni"...is it?

Double no on that one, Owl. Not only is Demon Slayer Japanese, the anime adaptation's actually produced by ufotable.

[for future reference]

• Like 1