UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online III: Alicization Episode 6 Discussion

1 minute ago, Zenigundam said:

This is symbolic. It means Adult Swim is pulling the plug on Toonami in the near future. 

Shut the fuck up Zeni.

This is the new Big Occident/Eureka severeD. Sword Art Offline.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Haha 2

I thought something strange was going on. For a moment I imagined the A.I. from the show came alive and in its first step decided to eat Toonami, before going on to consume all of the internet, create a robot army, and finally enslave all of mankind. Sigh. Too bad it was just technical difficulties. :RoboSad: Well, there's always tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the sad thing is i believe there aren't enough hardcore toonami fans counted on the nielsen ratings to make much of a dent if they decide to skip this episode and go to the next one anyways

it's unlikely Aniplex would let them air it again for free(error or not cause they take any chance to squeeze extra money out of people)

Well you may be sad to know that I went against my better judgment and actually watched the sub of this ep just now.  ... to prepare any of you if you want to do the same, this is 100% exposition, so you may not follow some of what happens in the rest of the season if you didn't see this episode.

Specifically, it delves into what Underworld is doing, why they are doing it, the origin of the virtual world Kirito is in, the origin of Alice (and by extention where the term Alicization comes from), and Rinko's role during the events of the first SAO season.  The voice that they hear on the big screen is a copy of Toga's own consciousness talking back at him, who then tries to prove his legitimacy by reciting the number pi, which makes him overload and self-destruct. That is by far the creepiest moment in the episode. Kirito's personal nurse is revealed to be non other than the same character who tended to him in season one!

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1