UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online III: Alicization Episode 6 Discussion

3 hours ago, elfie said:

SO fuck it are you telling me I'm gonna have to actively go and search for SAO III episode 7 online!?!? FOR SAO??? REALLY??

That would be episode 6.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Well you may be sad to know that I went against my better judgment and actually watched the sub of this ep just now.  ... to prepare any of you if you want to do the same, this is 100% exposition, so you may not follow some of what happens in the rest of the season if you didn't see this episode.

Hide contents

Specifically, it delves into what Underworld is doing, why they are doing it, the origin of the virtual world Kirito is in, the origin of Alice (and by extention where the term Alicization comes from), and Rinko's role during the events of the first SAO season.  The voice that they hear on the big screen is a copy of Toga's own consciousness talking back at him, who then tries to prove his legitimacy by reciting the number pi, which makes him overload and self-destruct. That is by far the creepiest moment in the episode. Kirito's personal nurse is revealed to be non other than the same character who tended to him in season one!

Like I said, it was a really important episode!

Did transmissions QC the file before ingesting it into the system? If not and it was just put into the playlist blind, that could be part of the problem.

I can't think of another reason. Usually if commercials are able to play (as well as the next show) it means the show file was corrupt and either master control or transmissions (depending on who's responsible for ingesting the show) is at fault.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Just check, and it's f'ed up the same way On Demand, too. Guess I gotta go and watch the second half on Crunchyroll.

LMAO WUT?!  SERIOUSLY DEMARCO?!

It's almost like this display of incompetence is an advertisement for people to not use cable and watch Demarco's block and instead find the shows streaming online.

13 minutes ago, StarPanda said:

I actually found the whole 6 ep dub on a site I frequently use watched the whole thing no glitch

Alot of info and important stuff was said in this ep 

OMG YOU WATCHED KISSANIME YOU SHALL BURNNNNN

15 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Just check, and it's f'ed up the same way On Demand, too. Guess I gotta go and watch the second half on Crunchyroll.

The cable on-demand may temporarily be using the same night recording but it probably will switch to a fixed version some time this week. Currently the AS app has the episode without the glitch.

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

They’re replaying episode 6 next Saturday and premiering episodes 7 and 8 the Saturday after that. That gives them an extra week before starting whatever is replacing Megalobox.

... so they ARE gonna do it!! :o I'm glad! I just didn't think it was possible.

49 minutes ago, Sketch said:

They’re replaying episode 6 next Saturday and premiering episodes 7 and 8 the Saturday after that. That gives them an extra week before starting whatever is replacing Megalobox.

Replace "OP" with "Demarco" and "f*ggot" with "f*ggit", and here's my reaction.

8551eba2e0d0f849a791e6a0978d8ff45a7f0150