UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

No one would endure what Rial, Marchi, and the others have for such a moronic reason as "ruining someone's career." Death threats, constant social media attacks, effects to their work, relationships. None of it is "worth" the supposed payoff of tarnishing Poor Vic's name in the eyes of fans and the industries.

This is the part that always gets me. That people make this stuff up for death threats and abuse. I didn't talk about my sexual assault for nearly a decade. I didn't tell anyone in my family until I was 30. My mom died without knowing about it. All because I was afraid of being called a liar. It took the bravery of someone else coming forward and causing him to be arrested before I would say anything.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Well. That reveal wasn't something I was expecting to read today.

I mean, I'm genuinely sorry you had to go through all that, and it really puts your dislike of all things Vic into greater perspective, but still... it was a shock to see it written at first.

(Apologies if my wording is enough to make you downvote me, believe me, I'm trying not to offend anybody!)

14 hours ago, Top Gun said:

No, I take the word of actual legal experts, not random assholes on YouTube.

All he has to do to satisfy his burden to prove that he hasn't sexually harassed or assaulted anyone is to testify, under oath, that the claims are false. That's all he has to do to prove a negative since there's really no other way (If I accuse you of being a murderer, how do you prove you aren't?). At that point the court considers the accusations false until the people making the claims provide evidence that proves otherwise.

24 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

I am willing to bet he's going to try to claim to be a private figure because he's just a voice actor, but I feel like if you've charged people to meet you then you definitely don't fall under that.

When conventions advertise you to bring in rabble, you are a public figure.

• Like 2

Lol, his lawyer is threatening to sue the author of the io9 piece (you know, the one where he admitted to some of the accusations but claimed they were consensual) for merely giving her opinion on the lawsuit.  There's also talk that he intends to sue io9/Gizmodo.  Funi might've thought about settling out of court to shut him up, but if they go suit-happy at everyone who's talked about the case, I suspect no one will be willing to settle.  Also Funi are fools if they do, since that will leave them wide open to pretty much anybody with a beef.

• Like 4

Seriously though, I want to go back to Greeny's bullshit. In what universe do you think we live in where the plaintiff in a defamation case simply has to say, "Yeah I didn't do it," and then the burden of proof magically shifts to the defendant? Because it's not this one. As the plaintiff, Vic must demonstrate preponderance of the evidence that the plaintiffs knowingly uttered false statements against him with the deliberate intent to harm him, or that the plaintiffs actively conspired to do so. This is basic truth. 

• Like 2

It's like people have no idea how many defamation (libel) lawsuits against them that the National Enquirer has won.  I think they lost to Carol Burnett, and might lose against Bezos, and that's pretty much it.  Everybody else ends up losing or settling out of court.  Add in the ridiculous conspiracy claims and they'll be lucky to see the inside of a courtroom beyond pre-trial motions.

• Like 1

I've seen a couple of things on reddit about the lawyer being kind of an anime nerd and he's apparently defending that Todd dude so I'm going to assume that he's probably one of their friends who is seeing $$$$ (or he's one of those fans who believe in the conspiracy which should honestly get him disbarred imo.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Seriously though, I want to go back to Greeny's bullshit. In what universe do you think we live in where the plaintiff in a defamation case simply has to say, "Yeah I didn't do it," and then the burden of proof magically shifts to the defendant? Because it's not this one. As the plaintiff, Vic must demonstrate preponderance of the evidence that the plaintiffs knowingly uttered false statements against him with the deliberate intent to harm him, or that the plaintiffs actively conspired to do so. This is basic truth. 

I'll be honest with you. I'm not well versed in legalese and I don't really care to be. I'm going purely on what I've heard from multiple lawyers, including Vic's legal team who have jurisdiction in Texas and know more about Texas law, and law in general, than I could ever hope to in a hundred years. You can assume they're fake lawyers and only in it for the money and don't actually know what they're talking about all you want, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. And if the defendants have evidence that proves the allegations levied against Vic are true then they shouldn't have anything to worry about. I just wonder why they're still sitting on it when they could have made it public before they got sued and avoided this lawsuit altogether.

• D'oh 1

39 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I'll be honest with you. I'm not well versed in legalese and I don't really care to be. I'm going purely on what I've heard from multiple lawyers, including Vic's legal team who have jurisdiction in Texas and know more about Texas law, and law in general, than I could ever hope to in a hundred years. You can assume they're fake lawyers and only in it for the money and don't actually know what they're talking about all you want, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. And if the defendants have evidence that proves the allegations levied against Vic are true then they shouldn't have anything to worry about. I just wonder why they're still sitting on it when they could have made it public before they got sued and avoided this lawsuit altogether.

There's a zero percent chance Vic wins this lawsuit. His only way of winning will be to sue everyone and their uncle, and hope someone decides it isn't worth the time and settles out of court. 

Lawyers always claim their client is innocent and has an outstanding chance of winning the case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greeny said:

Why the actual fuck would you ever listen to Vic's clown show instead of, y'know, literally anyone else. And what the fuck would ever give you cause to give Vic the benefit of the doubt? Vic, the man who has been creeping on people at cons for TWO DECADES. 

And no, there's no way in hell FUNi should have made the results of their investigation public. What planet do you live on?

• Like 4

Guest BigotBingo
4 hours ago, Top Gun said:

Why the actual fuck would you ever listen to Vic's clown show instead of, y'know, literally anyone else. And what the fuck would ever give you cause to give Vic the benefit of the doubt? Vic, the man who has been creeping on people at cons for TWO DECADES. 

And no, there's no way in hell FUNi should have made the results of their investigation public. What planet do you live on?

Do you have any actual evidence of this behavior that isn't nebulous hearsay?

Like.

Something that would hold up in a court of law?

I dunno, do the dozens of girls/women who have reported very uncomfortable, and in several cases severely line-crossing, interactions with him not count? Do the who knows how many stories from con staff demonstrating that he's been a known quantity for well over a decade mean nothing? Or are you going to play the tired "video evidence is all that counts" chestnut?

And no, they're our way of saying you're a goddamn idiot. 

Edited by Top Gun
  • Like 2

Guest BigotBingo

Where are these accounts?

How about you just post those and leave your delusional bullshit out of it.

Let these supposed victims speak for themselves.

It's not like multiple sites haven't done coverage of what happened. Hell io9 even talked to him and he admitted they happened, but pulled the old "but I thought it was ok!" card. Get Vic's dick out of your mouth and actually use your goddamn brain instead of parroting back things you heard once in a YouTube video.

• Thanks 2

You've got hundreds of witness accounts of this guys behavior over 20 years, including from other VA's. Are you really refusing to believe he deserved to get fired unless there's an actual video of him doing illegal stuff?

You can actually find posts detailing this guys behavior from 5 years ago, way before this whole thing blew up.

9 points·5 years ago·edited 5 years ago

Vic has habit of getting drunk and trying to pick up fan girls to go back to his hotel room. It's happened quite a few times and you could probably google it at this point.
I was talking with him over email once and he got kinda creepy, it turned into a "I look forward to meeting you on Friday ;) Lets talk more at the con, let me know at the autographs." After a series of strange messages. My creep radar exploded especially when I actually got to the con, the way he held fangirl's hands when doing autographs and the way he looked at the young girls was just too much. I got the autograph, he tenderly caressed my hand when he gave my book back, and I got the hell out of there without ever telling him who I was.
Luckily my story isn't like my friend's. She went to a con with a girl who ended up in an elevator with shitfaced Mignogna. The girl refused to go back to his room with him, but damn, he tried pretty hard.

I don't disagree that he's a chill guy. But he's got some weird stuff back there. Our emails were great until it started to sound like an internet hookup. Just sorta ruined the guy for me forever. This was also 6 years ago, so I don't doubt that he's changed since then.

Edit: it wasn't my friend's friend in the elevator, talked to her about it yesterday. It was herself. She went on about how she was ready to punch the dude in the face if he puked on her and that it was disgusting just being by him while that intoxicated.

Edited by Daos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even his fiance broke up with him over his behavior

“My 12-year relationship [and] engagement to Vic Mignogna ended in May 2018. Very soon after, information about Vic’s previously unknown behavior began to surface, and has continued to do so over the last several months—each revelation more shocking and painful than the previous, spanning the entirety of our time together. I have had to face the reality that the loving, monogamous relationship I believed in and was devoted to never existed.

“This pattern of egregious behavior is so linked to his position of power that the voices of those stepping forward with allegations need to be heard clearly, and their claims taken with the utmost seriousness. And I extend whatever remains of my broken heart to every one of them.”

Also there's hundreds of stories just like this from years ago.

"a friend of mine took me to a con once and introduced me to him. i was new to anime and didnt really know who he was. when we all went to get a picture with him, he pulled me really close without permission and it was super uncomfortable. my friends and i were given a chance to have lunch with him and a couple other va's, and i recall him making very crude passes at my friend. (all of us were minors at the time, only freshmen in high school)"

Edited by Daos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SorceressPol said:

What kills me about the idjits saying that they need more evidence, is that the dude doesn't even try to hide his behavior. He's creepy out in the open, which I have already stated about seeing for myself. 

the guy halted lines at Otakon one year to show off for fangirls, he walked past me literally being followed by about 13 or 14 teenage girls begging for autographs

3 hours ago, mochi said:

the guy halted lines at Otakon one year to show off for fangirls, he walked past me literally being followed by about 13 or 14 teenage girls begging for autographs

And when you look at social media, you see posts about him going back years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Guest BB-88
3 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

And when you look at social media, you see posts about him going back years.

Are any of these claims substantiated?

Or are they just that; claims?

I could claim that you're a rapist.

You have a history of making men feel uncomfortable.

How is that any different from this body of supposed "evidence?"

Guest BB-88
9 hours ago, Jman said:

There’s mountains of stuff like this, so proving it’s all some intentional fraud is going to be impossible.

Where are the police reports backing up all any of these claims?

Guest BB-88
9 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

What kills me about the idjits saying that they need more evidence, is that the dude doesn't even try to hide his behavior. He's creepy out in the open, which I have already stated about seeing for myself. 

What about his behavior is creepy?

Guest BB-88
1 minute ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

lmao it could be on tape and you'd still be all "this doesn't prove anything"

Is it on tape?

I'm not going to convict someone of a crime without any evidence.

Moreover, I don't have the authority to convict anyone of a crime even if there is.

And neither do any of you.

Guest BB-88
10 hours ago, Daos said:

You've got hundreds of witness accounts of this guys behavior over 20 years, including from other VA's. Are you really refusing to believe he deserved to get fired unless there's an actual video of him doing illegal stuff?

You can actually find posts detailing this guys behavior from 5 years ago, way before this whole thing blew up.

9 points·5 years ago·edited 5 years ago

Vic has habit of getting drunk and trying to pick up fan girls to go back to his hotel room. It's happened quite a few times and you could probably google it at this point.
I was talking with him over email once and he got kinda creepy, it turned into a "I look forward to meeting you on Friday ;) Lets talk more at the con, let me know at the autographs." After a series of strange messages. My creep radar exploded especially when I actually got to the con, the way he held fangirl's hands when doing autographs and the way he looked at the young girls was just too much. I got the autograph, he tenderly caressed my hand when he gave my book back, and I got the hell out of there without ever telling him who I was.
Luckily my story isn't like my friend's. She went to a con with a girl who ended up in an elevator with shitfaced Mignogna. The girl refused to go back to his room with him, but damn, he tried pretty hard.

I don't disagree that he's a chill guy. But he's got some weird stuff back there. Our emails were great until it started to sound like an internet hookup. Just sorta ruined the guy for me forever. This was also 6 years ago, so I don't doubt that he's changed since then.

Edit: it wasn't my friend's friend in the elevator, talked to her about it yesterday. It was herself. She went on about how she was ready to punch the dude in the face if he puked on her and that it was disgusting just being by him while that intoxicated.

So his worst crimes are (alleged) public intoxication and... talking to members of the opposite sex?

2 minutes ago, BB-88 said:

Is it on tape?

I'm not going to convict someone of a crime without any evidence.

Moreover, I don't have the authority to convict anyone of a crime even if there is.

And neither do any of you.

I see 'Florida Man' level of stupidity from this post. Is this Bucket?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Guest BB-88
10 hours ago, Daos said:

Even his fiance broke up with him over his behavior

“My 12-year relationship [and] engagement to Vic Mignogna ended in May 2018. Very soon after, information about Vic’s previously unknown behavior began to surface, and has continued to do so over the last several months—each revelation more shocking and painful than the previous, spanning the entirety of our time together. I have had to face the reality that the loving, monogamous relationship I believed in and was devoted to never existed.

“This pattern of egregious behavior is so linked to his position of power that the voices of those stepping forward with allegations need to be heard clearly, and their claims taken with the utmost seriousness. And I extend whatever remains of my broken heart to every one of them.”

Also there's hundreds of stories just like this from years ago.

"a friend of mine took me to a con once and introduced me to him. i was new to anime and didnt really know who he was. when we all went to get a picture with him, he pulled me really close without permission and it was super uncomfortable. my friends and i were given a chance to have lunch with him and a couple other va's, and i recall him making very crude passes at my friend. (all of us were minors at the time, only freshmen in high school)"

So... his fiance was aiding and abetting child abuse, statutory rape, sexual assault, sexual battery, etc... 

Let me guess.

Vic controlled her life with an iron fist and she only found the courage to tell her harrowing tales after breaking free from his mind control and toxic masculinity.

Or was she just upset that he was (allegedly) sleeping around with other women.

Guest BB-88
3 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

I see 'Florida Man' level of stupidity from this post. Is this Bucket?

Do you have any concrete evidence to bring forward; or just snark and derision?

Guest BB-88
2 minutes ago, SorceressPol said:

So that's a yes. Well that was a waste of two posts.

Do you have anything to add to this other than projection?

You have made your stance clear, and the evidence you source and provide amounts to little more than gossip and hearsay.

You will not engage in actual debate because these vague and unsubstantiated claims have affirmed your confirmation bias.

25 minutes ago, BB-88 said:

So his worst crimes are (alleged) public intoxication and... talking to members of the opposite sex?

No, he apparently has a habit of grabbing underage girls asses during his "hugs"

He also has probably banged countless underage girls, since rumors of him disappearing into his room with an under aged girl at pretty much every convention go back at least a decade. He cultivated an entire fan club that consists of mostly underage girls and basically preys on his fans at every single convention.

There's probably not enough evidence to convict him of anything, but there's no reason any company should want to employ this guy.

• Like 1

Guest BB-88

I stand corrected, for I have seen the light and the Lord hath shown me the way.

Now I can open my heart to the Truth.

Will to Power.

Related image

RAPE!

Image result for vic mignogna

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

image.jpeg.bcb10541cb1c27e3aa1dbb51da67b101.jpeg

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

image.jpeg.7fd04eb1f52c19d7dea84ae336dc2f99.jpeg

RAPE!

image.jpeg.28347028fe4870498db650ad85c3719f.jpeg

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

RAPE!

RAPE!

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

Related image

RAPE!

RAPE!

4 minutes ago, Daos said:

No, he apparently has a habit of grabbing underage girls asses during his "hugs"

He also has probably banged countless underage girls, since rumors of him disappearing into his room with an under aged girl at pretty much every convention go back at least a decade. He cultivated an entire fan club that consists of mostly underage girls and basically preys on his fans at every single convention.

There's probably not enough evidence to convict him of anything, but there's no reason any company should want to employ this guy.

If he was being charged with a crime, onus would be to prove he committed it.

In this case, since he’s calling conspiracy, onus is on him to prove every single complaint is part of a conspiracy to cost him money and status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest BB-88
5 minutes ago, Daos said:

Oh my Lord.

A swarthy, good looking man of Italian lineage pecking women on the cheek and slapping their butts.

Send him to PRISON.

NAO

*screeching*

On 4/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, QueenoftheDorks said:

I'd say he speaks as someone who has also been reprimanded for what he believed was "consensual" behavior, but that would require actual human contact which he's obviously never had.

Don't be mean. If she was too drunk to say no to him it was consensual right?