UnevenEdge

Y'all like corned beef and cabbage?

SwimModSponges

The first time I tried corned beef as a kid, my dad had been hyping it up all day while it cooked in the crock pot. Maybe it was the hype vs expectations, but I did not like and didn't try it again until I was an adult.

It has since grown on me.

But cabbage? Yeah, I'll do with a real side thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Corned beef is ok. Depends on how it is prepared. Personal favorite method is using super thin slices like beef bacon. 

Cabbage can be great, but I generally hate the way cabbage is normally prepared when served with corned beef. Cabbage is super versatile, too. Okonomiyaki is fantastic, and grilled cabbage is great in its own right, too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 4:44 PM, Adminderaptorpat said:

The first time I tried corned beef as a kid, my dad had been hyping it up all day while it cooked in the crock pot. Maybe it was the hype vs expectations, but I did not like and didn't try it again until I was an adult.

It has since grown on me.

But cabbage? Yeah, I'll do with a real side thank you.

It's not until adulthood that we all figure out that corned beef is the best thing ever completely doused in dijon mustard.

15 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It's not until adulthood that we all figure out that corned beef is the best thing ever completely doused in dijon mustard.

You will never convince me dijon belongs anywhere outside the trash.

Corned beef is pretty good, though.