UnevenEdge

The Toonami Ratings Thread 1.0 :You are on a new board

StarPanda

7 hours ago, Daos said:

From a ratings standpoint... it doesn't make sense to cancel BC and take that loss for something you already paid for.

My argument would be... that having BC on Toonami is bad for Toonami. It's bad to have your brand associated with low quality crap. It creates the perception that your entire block is like that,  it hurts the entire block over the long run..... and that perception will continue long after BC has finished airing. That's why it should be canceled.

The ratings could drop 50 percent and it wouldn't get cancelled, just moved down. It will never be cancelled due to ratings.

Toonami's already aired Dimension W, Tokyo Ghoul, and multiple Sword Art Online seasons. The majority of people here hated those, so why would this one bring the block any lower?

Edited by Blatch
A page break.

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

Toonami's already aired Dimension W, Tokyo Ghoul, and multiple Sword Art Online seasons. The majority of people here hated those, so why would this one bring the block any lower?

I would argue that years of showing crap has brought us to the current point of dismal ratings. Continuing to show crap will continue that. If you look at DW's ratings it didn't really do bad, it took the same fat loss just about everything takes after Kai, and if you look at the raw numbers, it hit almost 1.4 mil a couple of times. But when you show something like that, you're doing serious long term damage.

Toonami doesn't have a good rep in the anime community anymore. Too many reruns and not enough quality control are a big reason why.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daos said:

Toonami doesn't have a good rep in the anime community anymore. Too many reruns and not enough quality control are a big reason why.

Well, that's a bizarre, overgeneralized, completely untrue statement if I ever saw one.

Toonami still has a "good" reputation in the anime community with what it's airing right now. It just doesn't have the ratings it used to, and maybe not as great a reputation as it used to, but is STILL has a "good" reputation. Steve Blum is still loved pretty much universally, and though Toonami airs some divisive shows, as long as it keeps bringing the action in general, its reputation will remain strong.

Sure it didn't get Devilman Crybaby or My Hero Academia, but so what? Most of what it airs, especially JoJo, Gundam, and Hunter x Hunter, is fantastic. Black Clover is SLOWLY getting better, and DBZ Kai Final Chapters has aged surprisingly poorly compared to the first 4 seasons, but at least the current arc of Dragon Ball Super seems to be offering something fresh.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

You say that because you frequent Toonami message boards where people actually know about Toonami and generally have positive feelings for it.

Out in the non Toonami world, people are like "Oh.. they made Kai for Buu saga?? On Toonami? Toonami still exists?" The one guy i know IRL that watches Super doesn't even watch it on Toonami.

So you think Toonami has been airing fantastic anime and despite that the ratings are dismal? Or would it be more reasonable to say they've been doing the exact opposite and ratings are dismal because of it?

• Like 1

I think Toonami is airing good anime. JoJo's, HxH, and pretty much all the reruns are must-watches for me. Dragon Ball Super is good right now, and I guess Gundam is at least tolerable. Maybe some people arent watching these because they can require more narrow tastes?

9 hours ago, Daos said:

You say that because you frequent Toonami message boards where people actually know about Toonami and generally have positive feelings for it.

Out in the non Toonami world, people are like "Oh.. they made Kai for Buu saga?? On Toonami? Toonami still exists?" The one guy i know IRL that watches Super doesn't even watch it on Toonami.

So you think Toonami has been airing fantastic anime and despite that the ratings are dismal? Or would it be more reasonable to say they've been doing the exact opposite and ratings are dismal because of it?

Toonami just isn’t the main destination for things like it used to be because of the availability of simulcasts. Back when DBZ first aired, most viewers were all only getting it from Toonami and were experiencing it the same way. We followed the story only through the dub broadcast because that’s all that was available. Because of the way things are distributed now, things can never be that way again except for World Premeires. It was so strange to me last year talking with my friends at work about a show currently airing on the block (Titan) and none of them were watching Toonami nor has any interest in waiting for the dub. It’s becoming more of a second run theater for things since more people have no issue watching the subs. But it’s still a great way for a different audience to see things they may not have watched other wise. It’s just for the really popular things, you lose a lot of the potential audience (people who are really into anime)to the sub and it’s not new to them anymore. What you have left are casual viewers, but you also get  people who care about the Toonami experience who will watch it again in English. The block serves slot of different audiences, but people just have more options now than before, which isn’t a bad thing at all! What the block can do is more things like Jack and FLCL mixed in with some popular shows, potential diamonds in the rough, and some classics. Demarco has indicated this is the direction  they are headed in, but it would be great to get some announcements soon about what may be coming. I hope we get another original announced soon!

13 hours ago, Daos said:

I don't get why Toonamites are so obsessed with obsolete Nielson ratings. Ratings and quality aren't interchangeable. Bayformers are some of the highest grossing films in cinema history, but nearly universally panned both by critics and general audiences. Bright is the all-time most viewed Netflix movie and nobody thought it was competent, much less good.

Toonami doesn't have much to convince me to stay up to 2am, but the ratings aren't necessarily a signifier of low-quality considering a lot of people watch a bunch of awful things.

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 2:53 PM, naraku360 said:

I don't get why Toonamites are so obsessed with obsolete Nielson ratings. Ratings and quality aren't interchangeable. Bayformers are some of the highest grossing films in cinema history, but nearly universally panned both by critics and general audiences. Bright is the all-time most viewed Netflix movie and nobody thought it was competent, much less good.

Toonami doesn't have much to convince me to stay up to 2am, but the ratings aren't necessarily a signifier of low-quality considering a lot of people watch a bunch of awful things.

I will say this again; an episode of Suits gets 3X more viewers than the Mr. Robot premiere that follows.

People suck (however in the case of Black Clover, the people are right for once).

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, MasqueradeOverture said:

I will say this again; an episode of Suits gets 3X more viewers than the Mr. Robot premiere that follows.

People suck (however in the case of Black Clover, the people are right for once).

Suits is freak’n great but it’s a shame about Mr. Robot

On 2/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, Daos said:

Honestly, I don’t think the quality has been much of a factor and most of what Toonami airs is decent to good and some of it is great. There were stinkers but the polarizing shows usually did well.

When the top performer is something as mediocre as Super, quality clearly isn’t dictated by viewership.

Toonami shows can’t touch what the block once did mainly because of cord cutting and partially because the general audience won’t latch on to anything but Dragon Ball.

Anime fans don’t give a shit about Toonami but not because of the shows it airs (though some say it’s too mainstream and shounen and lacks variety) but rather because Toonami only plays dubs (AoT2 sub piracy to dub piracy was like 10 or more sub to 1 dub), rarely has simuldubs and seems archaic and inconvenient compared to streaming. The rest merely aren’t aware Toonami exists but probably would not watch it even if they did because all that it can air is streaming legally or illegally.

Piracy ensures there’s no such thing as an exclusive and a lot of people don’t even realize those sites are piracy and others don’t care if they are. Even when this Toonami creates new fans, they eventually discover other ways to fuel their anime obsession either in addition to Toonami or instead of it. To most anime fans, Toonami is a dinosaur and they could not care less about it and to some it’s only good for nostalgia because fresh anime is easy to watch elsewhere in greater variety but I seriously doubt “better” shows would increase the blocks ratings and general appeal. I mean it’s not impossible but it seems like beyond DBS nothing else matters.

• Like 1

OPM proved that viewers will stick around for more than just DBZ. Super may not have quality but it's popular. The fact that it actually gets good after 100 episodes has increased it's popularity quite a bit.

Well we'd actually have to TRY airing better anime to find out. Our only new show is.. Black Clover? Are they airing any of the top 10 anime from 2018, 17 or 16?

I mean DBS has about.... a year and a half left. If Toonami isn't planning on rolling over and dying after DBS is gone, then the time to start building a reputation for showing stuff that's either good or at least popular is now.

You could say watching Toonami on TV is like listening to the radio as opposed to Pandora or Spotify. People still do it, but it's not the "new thing" so millennials are less pre-disposed to watch it than the late Gen-X'ers (like me) who grew up with it. Guess that's one of the main reasons they got semi-capable streaming in 2015 even if it's feeble and in fact a pale shadow of what it used to be except on weekends.

As for the age of the shows on Toonami as produced in Japan, well as of last week, when JoJo moved forward considerably, here's what we have now for the most recently aired block:

DBS - 2016
DBZKFC - 2015*
Black Clover - 2017
JoJo: SC BE - 2015
Gundam IBO - 2017
HxH - 2013
Shippuden - 2010
Outlaw Star - 1998
Space Dandy - 2014
Cowboy Bebop - 1999
GITS: SAC 2nd Gig - 2004

*This show is a remaster with much older animation, from 1995.

Additionally, DBS, DBZKFC, JoJo: SC BE, Gundam IBO, and HxH are dub premieres.

Finally, since yesterday was Presidents' Day, ratings will not be available until tomorrow.

Edited by OwlChemist81

The fact is we live in an era where anime isn’t nearly as...segregated as it was in 2007-2010 when Bleach was the only thing keeping ASA afloat.  Now you get your anime in addition too, rather than instead of, other stuff.

I'm not sure that nihilism regarding Dragon Ball Super is the best way to rationalize how things are, but it's somewhat true. It's probably making the ratings at least good, and if DeMarco says the ratings are good, there's no logical reason for them to change anything. They can still try to go out and get the newest and most popular shows, but if they aren't able to get any of them, that does not speak negatively on how the block is run.

In the worst-case scenario, if they can't get anything you want to watch, just go out and find it on other venues. That's how the majority of regular people do it anyway.

• Like 1

What are you doing, giving the date of when their most recent episode was aired in Japan? By that logic airing episode 900 of One Piece makes it a new show because it was aired recently.

DBZ, Jojo, Gundam, Naruto and HxH are all ancient franchises. Being dubbed or having new seasons doesn't make it a whole new anime.

You have one new show on Toonami. Black Clover.

44 minutes ago, Daos said:

What are you doing, giving the date of when their most recent episode was aired in Japan? By that logic airing episode 900 of One Piece makes it a new show because it was aired recently.

DBZ, Jojo, Gundam, Naruto and HxH are all ancient franchises. Being dubbed or having new seasons doesn't make it a whole new anime.

You have one new show on Toonami. Black Clover.

No, it's the date of when THOSE episodes that aired on Toonami on Saturday night were aired in Japan. Obviously, if I was doing what you suggested, DBS and Clover would both be "2018". I was somewhat off for DBZ KFC and Cowboy Bebop, though.

You are right about the franchises though. Besides Black Clover, the most recent franchise on the block is Space Dandy. That sounds pretty bad, but consider that most of the new Marvel movies are based on characters Stan Lee created in the 1960s. So ancient franchises really aren't such a bad thing.

But if we are going to get something like Re:Zero, that would be a welcome change. And of course Tokyo Ghoul: Re would actually bring back a newer franchise than Dandy.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Well, at least DBS cracked a million this week:

Final Cable 2018 Feb 17.SAT

Total Viewers  
Show People Retention  
DBS 1,003,000      N/A  
DBZKFC 779,000 77.67%  
BClover 628,000 80.62%  
JoJo 518,000 82.48%  
Gundam 447,000 86.29%  

Adults 18-34
Show Rating Estimate Retention
DBS 0.58 394,000      N/A
DBZKFC 0.45 306,000 77.66%
BClover 0.36 245,000 80.07%
JoJo 0.29 197,000 80.41%
Gundam 0.26 177,000 89.85%

Adults 18-49
DBS 0.46 590,000      N/A
DBZKFC 0.33 423,000 71.69%
BClover 0.28 359,000 84.87%
JoJo 0.24 308,000 85.79%
Gundam 0.21 269,000 87.34%

Adults 18-49  
Show     Rank Change  
DBS   #8 +1  
DBZKFC   #15  -5  
BClover   #18  -4  
JoJo   #28  -4  
Gundam   #37  -3  
P2+ Last Week This Week Change
DBS 990,000 1,003,000 13,000
DBZKFC 809,000 779,000 -30,000
BClover 647,000 628,000 -19,000
JoJo 529,000 518,000 -11,000
Gundam 487,000 447,000 -40,000
    AVERAGE -17,400

A 18-34 Last Week This Week Change
DBS 0.56 0.58 0.02
DBZKFC 0.44 0.45 0.01
BClover 0.35 0.36 0.01
JoJo 0.30 0.29 -0.01
Gundam 0.28 0.26 -0.02
    AVERAGE 0.00

A 18-49 Last Week This Week Change
DBS 0.47 0.46 -0.01
DBZKFC 0.38 0.33 -0.05
BClover 0.30 0.28 -0.02
JoJo 0.26 0.24 -0.02
Gundam 0.24 0.21 -0.03
    AVERAGE -0.03

Pretty flat with last week, though DBZ KFC did worse, which brought everything else down. I really would like to see how something that is NOT Dragonball would do at 11 PM in a normal lineup, which it looks like we're only gonna have to wait 4 months to see. Somehow I have a feeling Re:Zero could hold Super better.

Which is why I posed the question. At this point, the post-apocalyptic Buu saga is just dragging on with nonsense and begging to be put out of its misery.

Not that it isn't still entertaining; it's just that DBZ Kai is a pale shadow of what it used to be. Now don't get me wrong; I wouldn't mind DBZ Kai to get a rerun late in the night, but it has no business running again at 11 once The Final Chapters runs out, and I really hope we get some NEW BLOOD on Toonami that isn't Black Clover.

This just in:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-2-17-2018.html

"Adult Swim’s late-night line-up performed as follows:  DRAGON BALL at 0.46/0.33 compared to last week’s 0.47/0.38, BLACK CLOVER down 0.02 to 0.28, JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURES down 0.02 to 0.24, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM down 0.03 to 0.21/447K, HUNTER X HUNTER down 0.02 to 0.20/440K, NARUTO down 0.01 to 0.20/457K, OUTLAW STAR down 0.01 to 0.16/351K, SPACE DANDY down 0.05 to 0.12/305K, COWBOY BEBOP down 0.06 to 0.12/304K, and GHOST IN THE SHELL down 0.04 to 0.12/293K."

Wow. Don't think we've EVER seen 0.12 before, and certainly not for all of the last 3 shows!

Edited by OwlChemist81

19 minutes ago, Blatch said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Toonami meta say this on Twitter, but I'm sad Hunter × Hunter is getting such low ratings for its absolute best arc. It's kind of like One Piece all over again, but at least this show has an actual ending.

Hiatus will never end.  Togashi will eventually work on another few chapters...right after some Dragon Quest.

2 hours ago, Blatch said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Toonami meta say this on Twitter, but I'm sad Hunter × Hunter is getting such low ratings for its absolute best arc. It's kind of like One Piece all over again, but at least this show has an actual ending.

I finally dropped HxH a few episodes into greed island. I have a feeling a lot of other people did as well.

So Naruto...... it beat HxH and Gundam. Apparently Naruto has beaten HxH something like... 20x in the ratings now. Is it time for Naruto to move up?

24 minutes ago, Daos said:

I finally dropped HxH a few episodes into greed island. I have a feeling a lot of other people did as well.

So Naruto...... it beat HxH and Gundam. Apparently Naruto has beaten HxH something like... 20x in the ratings now. Is it time for Naruto to move up?

Then the ratings would reflect that. Yes, we get it, you don't like HxH and whine because others do. That still doesn't change the fact that the amount of viewers depends on how many are still watching after the drop-off from DBZ Kai or Black Clover. You choosing to ignore that just to rag on HxH makes you look childish. I do think that Naruto Shippuden should move up because it's a bigger name with a currently running sequel.

• Like 2

PI's report is in...

http://www.programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-opposite-olympics-nba-star-saturday-night-tnt-dips-13-year-viewer-low/

Adult Swim PROGRAM Viewers (000) A1849 rating A1849 (000)
10:30 Dragon Ball Super 1002 0.46 595
11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 779 0.34 432
11:30 Black Clover 628 0.28 363
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 518 0.24 306
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 447 0.21 272
ProgrammingInsider.com
1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 440 0.20 253
1:30a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 457 0.20 261
2:00a Outlaw Star (r) 351 0.16 204
2:30a Space Dandy (r) 305 0.12 149
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 304 0.12 159
3:30a Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 293 0.12 157

Averages: 502K total viewers; 286K adults 18-49. Both are the 2nd-lowest so far in 2018.

Did you guys know that if you go back through programming insider, you can follow the links to the exact week a year prior? It also has the statistic of how much the network is down or up a year ago. Clicking back to 2015, the network as a whole is down 43 percent! That means a show that got around 1 million viewers in 2015 is more likely to get around 570,000 today. There are other factors of course (the shows and time slots are different from them so it’s not all equal) but if you only take the drop in network viewership into account these are the number “adjusted for deflation”

Super-1,757,894
Kai-1,366,666
Clover-1,101,754
Jojo-908,772
IBO- 784,2111
HxH-771,923
Naruto-801,754
Outlaw-615,790
Dandy-535,088
Bebop-533,333
Ghost-514,035

Also consider that the block airs earlier now. The ratings seem to follow wherever the block moves and the drops generally follow the same pattern depending on the shows position in the lineup so we’d probavly have something similar even if the block was at midnight. This isn’t an exact science, it’s just some perspective.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Misaka said:

Shippuden beat both gundam and hxh 

A filler just beat 2 premieres 

Give Naruto Black Clovers spot. I'm 90 percent sure it could beat it. It only needs to gain 170k viewers by moving up 4 timeslots.

So was that the 3rd worst ratings performance of all time? After the Bebop marathon and the 2018 low point?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, brianycpht said:

Did you guys know that if you go back through programming insider, you can follow the links to the exact week a year prior? It also has the statistic of how much the network is down or up a year ago. Clicking back to 2015, the network as a whole is down 43 percent! That means a show that got around 1 million viewers in 2015 is more likely to get around 570,000 today. There are other factors of course (the shows and time slots are different from them so it’s not all equal) but if you only take the drop in network viewership into account these are the number “adjusted for deflation”

Super-1,757,894
Kai-1,366,666
Clover-1,101,754
Jojo-908,772
IBO- 784,2111
HxH-771,923
Naruto-801,754
Outlaw-615,790
Dandy-535,088
Bebop-533,333
Ghost-514,035

Also consider that the block airs earlier now. The ratings seem to follow wherever the block moves and the drops generally follow the same pattern depending on the shows position in the lineup so we’d probavly have something similar even if the block was at midnight. This isn’t an exact science, it’s just some perspective.

Yeah, this is never an exact science. But still, 500K watching means 500K watching, whether it happened in 2015 or 2018. However, in terms of value to the network, 500K watching in 2018 is about as valuable as 1M watching in 2015 just because ratings have gone down across the board.

18 hours ago, brianycpht said:

Super-1,757,894
Kai-1,366,666
Clover-1,101,754
Jojo-908,772
IBO- 784,2111
HxH-771,923
Naruto-801,754
Outlaw-615,790
Dandy-535,088
Bebop-533,333
Ghost-514,035

Is the 43% drop a constant value for all networks or just CN/AS?

If it is pretty constant, then your theory holds true, (and BC is a mil+ hit so eat it Jman :P) however if it is just CN/AS that is down 43%, then it is reflective of an individual network failing....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Is the 43% drop a constant value for all networks or just CN/AS?

If it is pretty constant, then your theory holds true, (and BC is a mil+ hit so eat it Jman :P) however if it is just CN/AS that is down 43%, then it is reflective of an individual network failing....

We won’t know specifically. I assumed that based on AS being still considered a high rated cable network and Demarcos statements that their decline is not happening as fast as other networks leads me to believe it’s an across the board thing.

The numbers are obviously not the same thing, but as Alchemist said, it’s about what the network considers valuable in the current market. Advertisers and networks have to accept the new reality with viewership decline and if said decline is across the board everyone has an overall smaller pie to have a piece of. It’s still about outpacing other similar targeted demographics  on other networks. Obviously these numbers would be horrible a few years ago. But now Family Guy can barely get over a million on Saturday and it was getting nearly 2 million a few years ago. I also think delayed viewing is more of a thing now than ever before (a few weeks ago Super rose up to a 0.8 18-49 in Live 7!).its probably more of a thing for the block than with those comedy reruns!

But yeah, I was mostly going for perceived value to the network and what realistic viewing figures

LAST WEEK, TOONAMI DUN PURTY GUD:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-2-24-2018.html

Final Cable 2018 Feb 24.SAT

For reals, y'all, Super beat the Olympics on NBC-SN!

tumblr_p2thwfUP5k1rvb8cmo2_400.gifImage result for winter olympic wipeouts pyeongchang gif

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our best ratings so far of 2018, as everything from 11 PM-1 AM was MUCH higher than it's been all year, and while DBS has been higher, it's only been eclipsed once this year! Also, Black Clover just cracked the Top 10 for the first time EVER! (It made its debut at #11 and hadn't been that high since.) Nice to see JoJo and Gundam both back in the Top 25 for the first time since 12/2/17 too!

P2+ Last Week This Week Change
DBS 1,003,000 1,039,000 +36,000
DBZKFC 779,000 927,000 +148,000
BClover 628,000 730,000 +102,000
JoJo 518,000 618,000 +100,000
Gundam 447,000 525,000 +78,000
    AVERAGE +92,800

A 18-34 Last Week This Week Change
DBS 0.58 0.71 +0.13
DBZKFC 0.45 0.55 +0.10
BClover 0.36 0.47 +0.11
JoJo 0.29 0.38 +0.09
Gundam 0.26 0.35 +0.09
    AVERAGE +0.10

A 18-49 Last Week This Week Change
DBS 0.46 0.51 +0.05
DBZKFC 0.33 0.44 +0.11
BClover 0.28 0.34 +0.06
JoJo 0.24 0.27 +0.03
Gundam 0.21 0.26 +0.05
    AVERAGE +0.06

Obviously HUGE gains in all demographics. 18-34s a full tenth higher than last week on average! And here's what these numbers mean in real terms and retention-wise:

Total Viewers  
Show People Retention  
DBS 1,039,000      N/A  
DBZKFC 927,000 89.22%  
BClover 730,000 78.75%  
JoJo 618,000 84.66%  
Gundam 525,000 84.95%  

Adults 18-34
DBS 0.71 483,000      N/A
DBZKFC 0.55 374,000 77.43%
BClover 0.47 319,000 85.29%
JoJo 0.38 258,000 80.88%
Gundam 0.35 238,000 92.25%

Adults 18-49
DBS 0.51 654,000      N/A
DBZKFC 0.44 564,000 86.24%
BClover 0.34 436,000 77.30%
JoJo 0.27 346,000 79.36%
Gundam 0.26 333,000 96.24%

Adults 18-49  
Show     Rank Change  
DBS   #3 +5  
DBZKFC   #6 +9  
BClover   #10 +8  
JoJo   #22 +6  
Gundam   #24 +13  

Retention-wise not so great, as DBZ Kai drops the ball in 18-34 and Clover in everything else. But of course everything is relative, and everything did MUCH better than last week, as the 18-49 rankings indicate!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

Also, I found this interesting:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-2-25-2018.html

Looks like JoJo narrowly lost to Mr. Pickles 24 hours later in total viewers, but look a little closer. JoJo scored a 0.38 in 18-34, while Mr. Pickles had quarter-hours of 0.39 and 0.34, meaning that its 0.365 average got edged out 24 hours earlier by JoJo! Who's best dog on [as] at midnight? IGGY's best dog on [as] at midnight!!

tumblr_p4mh1obhnL1rvb8cmo1_400.gif

With Gundam IBO at 0.35 and the last Mr. Pickles at 0.34, I'll bet Gundam beat those Hot Streets reruns. Also, with Supermansion at only 0.24, I'll bet Hunter x Hunter beat it as well, but we'll only know 18-49 and total viewers. In terms of 18-49, it looks like Toonami has a narrow edge, as SM's number was 0.23 and Gundam only fell to 0.28. Unless HxH dropped 0.06 from Gundam, it pwned SM in 18-49, but we'll find out for sure soon!

Edited by OwlChemist81

2 hours ago, Daos said:

Wow Kai did good this week. That makes a huge difference for the block when your second show isn't bleeding over 20 percent of your viewers.

BC of course sucked a fat one right after that. 78 percent.

That’s the main factor in how well the rest of the night does. It seems to be the thing most all over the place retention wise. You can sort of count on the rest of the shows retaining the way they do, but it all depends on how Super starts the night and how well Kai retains

Adult Swim’s late-night line-up performed as follows:  DRAGON BALL at 0.51/0.44 compared to 0.46/0.33, BLACK CLOVER up 0.06 to 0.34, JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURES UP 0.03 to 0.27, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM up 0.05 to 0.26/525K, HUNTER X HUNTER up 0.07 to 0.27/501K, NARUTO up 0.07 to 0.27/543K, OUTLAW STAR up 0.05 to 0.21/420K, SPACE DANDY up 0.06 to 0.18/371K, COWBOY BEBOP up 0.07 to 0.19/395K, and GHOST IN THE SHELL up 0.06 to 0.18/360K.  

Hunter × Hunter beating Supermansion CONFIRMED, plus Naruto Shippuden continues to outperform the 2 better shows before it.

• Raptorpat unpinned and locked this topic