UnevenEdge

The Toonami Ratings Thread 1.0 :You are on a new board

StarPanda

3 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Oh my goodness. O.o

How about we just plug Shippuden into Black Clover's spot and replace it with a(nother) rerun of Samurai Jack S5?

They probably would do better than this if they Ran the DB Hour, Naruro, Jack S5, encored the DB hour, and ended the night with Bebop! 

I hope whatever show they are working on getting brings some viewers back. But maybe Dragonball is all this audience wants.

2 hours ago, brianycpht said:

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-27-2018.html

I know they say ratings don’t matter as much anymore.. but I never thought I’d see 300k viewers in the midnight hour!

But to be fair, Nick at Nite has a bunch of cable premieres of decade old episodes of Two and a Half Men going (800k at 1am). Good luck taking that on Toonami??.

Good Lord, that's rough! What the hell happened? JoJo just barely missed the Top 50, and Gundam at #67 means that I can't even do my usual analysis this week! We're never gonna know how low they went in 18-34 unless I bug Mitch, and that's probably a bad idea.

All this time, was Lupin an "anchor show" keeping everything before it from doing even worse!? It may have had TONS of weeks in the 400Ks but it NEVER fell into the 300Ks! Gundam IBO S2, shame on you. And what's sad is that was some GREAT action that kicked off the show and ended the ratings-wise ill-fated First Mobile Armor arc. But instead it's officially fallen to Wednesday Night Naruto Shippuden on Disney X-D levels. It's just like--DAMN! 

farooq-damn-gif-6.gif

Edited by OwlChemist81

1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Good Lord, that's rough! What the hell happened? JoJo just barely missed the Top 50, and Gundam at #67 means that I can't even do my usual analysis this week! We're never gonna know how low they went in 18-34 unless I bug Mitch, and that's probably a bad idea.

All this time, was Lupin an "anchor show" keeping everything before it from doing even worse!? It may have had TONS of weeks in the 400Ks but it NEVER fell into the 300Ks! Gundam IBO S2, shame on you. And what's sad is that was some GREAT action that kicked off the show and ended the ill-fated First Mobile Armor arc. But instead it's officially fallen to Wednesday Night Naruto Shippuden on Disney X-D levels. It's just like, DAMN, man! 

farooq-damn-gif-6.gif

I don't know what to think anymore. Jojo and Gundam should probably move later at this point. I wonder how HxH and the rest did? If they gain on those shows, then somethings wrong here. While Mitch seems pretty keen on providing Toonami data, I've seen him just straight up be mean to people who ask him things.

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm not gonna bother him. I'm sure we really don't wanna know...

I guess lets just see how the rest of the night panned out. I hope the crew just does whatever they have to do to keep the ship afloat. If they don't do anything, then I suppose they think its alright. 

What concerns me is just how fast the viewership erodes following Super. That show is still averaging a million a week. It seems we no longer have people who look at the block as a weekly event. Before, we'd usually lose half the viewers by the end of the night, not in the first 2 hours. Its almost the same numbers wise, but not percentage wise.

Actually, it's Disney XD. As in, no hyphen.

I just feel like DeMarco's comment of "ratings matter less than ever" was tempting fate for them to get even lower. This also makes Al's comment about the government shutdown murdering the ratings funny in hindsight, because this was a week with little football and/or current events.

Alas, this week is kind of bringing back my thought that there shouldn't be any ratings discussion, whether they're  actually released or not.

2 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Actually, it's Disney XD. As in, no hyphen.

I just feel like DeMarco's comment of "ratings matter less than ever" was tempting fate for them to get even lower. This also makes Al's comment about the government shutdown murdering the ratings funny in hindsight, because this was a week with little football and/or current events.

Alas, this week is kind of bringing back my thought that there shouldn't be any ratings discussion, whether they're  actually released or not.

I mean, yeah, there's nothing WE can do about this. We're not the problem, we actually watch the block. 

Its really up to them to do something about this if it concerns them, if it doesn't, then whatever, we keep watching them block anyway.

Remember, as long as the shows are in the green to yellow-green range, they are doing average to above average and will get decent ad rates.

That being said, Asta took a giant stinking dump.

Time to increase [as] ads for Toonami during the week perhaps for a month or so to try and re-expose the casual audience.

For everyone yammering about Netflix, know this, Netflix's balance sheet is awash in red ink.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

At least they got some of Netflix's money for those Godzilla commericals!

Yeah, but how long is THAT gonna last with only like 400K watching Gundam IBO?

Still, even with only 0.18 in 18-49, Gundam IBO was probably one of the Top 5 most watched programs in its 12:30 AM timeslot across basic cable in that demographic. As long as that's happening, advertisers probably don't really care how many people are watching.

I also know that ratings for Toonami were probably down in my market since they had one of their biggest anime conventions of the year this weekend, but that probably matters less than what happened with Anime Los Angeles. Since out there Toonami begins at 7:30 PM and ends at 1 AM where they can pick up the East Coast feed, it's probably watched by quite a few more people who weren't watching and were at the con instead.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, but how long is THAT gonna last with only like 400K watching Gundam IBO?

Still, even with only 0.18 in 18-49, Gundam IBO was probably one of the Top 5 most watched programs in its timeslot across basic cable. As long as that's happening, advertisers probably don't really care how many people are watching.

Nick at Nite, TBS, and MTV(recovering ) seem to be doing well still, but besides that, alot of people would probably realize how far basic cable has fallen in the last few years.

I'm not sure adult swim would be thinking about 2021 plans for Toonami if it wasn't doing satisfactory for them. TV has to adjust to the overall decline of viewership. The bar is probably the lowest it's ever been. No reason not to believe DeMarco when he says ratings matter less than ever.

So it was adult swim's idea to move the block earlier. And now DeMarco is implying they're gonna add another slot soon. I'm not sure what the plan is with that, because it's not an expansion for FLCL although FLCL season 2 airs "not too far into 2018." So immediately I assume they'll get 4 am, with 10 pm still being possible. Regardless, we are to be expecting an additional slot in the near future. Despite the ratings.

Couple 2021 plans with the fact that ratings decline every year. They must have a general idea of what the ratings will look like in the next 3 years. If they're looking at it that way, then what we're seeing really is "just fine" - maybe better.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Remember, as long as the shows are in the green to yellow-green range, they are doing average to above average and will get decent ad rates.

That being said, Asta took a giant stinking dump.

Time to increase [as] ads for Toonami during the week perhaps for a month or so to try and re-expose the casual audience.

For everyone yammering about Netflix, know this, Netflix's balance sheet is awash in red ink.

That’s because they bought...everything.

At the same time.

Crunchyroll is pretty profitable and so is Hulu.  Disney and Warner are both preparing to role out their own On Demand services.  This is the future for better or for worse.  And Toonami increasingly feels like a relic.

So... 562k viewers for BC eh? Due to this huge media push to get BC everywhere I'm almost assuming they got it for free. At least Toonami doesn't lie like Crunchyroll and talk about what a great anime it is.

The reason Toonami feels like a relic is not just because it's TV... it's the shows. It's like going anime antiquing.

Kai isn't a draw anymore, it just delivered another 78 percent retention. Followed by 71 percent for BC.

That's 51 percent of the audience for the entire night gone on two shows. Nothing after Super is strong enough to draw its own audience.

So was this Toonami's worst night ever aside from the Bebop marathon?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daos said:

So... 562k viewers for BC eh? Due to this huge media push to get BC everywhere I'm almost assuming they got it for free. At least Toonami doesn't lie like Crunchyroll and talk about what a great anime it is.

The reason Toonami feels like a relic is not just because it's TV... it's the shows. It's like going anime antiquing.

Kai isn't a draw anymore, it just delivered another 78 percent retention. Followed by 71 percent for BC.

That's 51 percent of the audience for the entire night gone on two shows. Nothing after Super is strong enough to draw its own audience.

So was this Toonami's worst night ever aside from the Bebop marathon?

We know for a while that Toonami isn't for hardcore anime fans. It's for the casual who wanted to effin play noises while they sit on the couch and stave off their bender. If they get another Outlaw Star fan born, good for them, but this block still airs at the godly hours of early Sunday when most people are asleep.

23 minutes ago, Daos said:

This is actually a valid point, and it speaks a lot to my current dissatisfaction with the block. Everything has become so homogenized... from the top of the block, you've got two whole hours of long-running (Black Clover is supposedly 51 episodes, so I count that) shonen, of which only JoJo's interests me. Then it's Gundam followed by another hour of shonen, albeit with Hunter x Hunter in the Chimera Ant arc, so it's not a waste. Meanwhile, I can stream stuff like Re:Zero and Made in Abyss at a moment's notice. Where are they eye-catching seinen shows like that, DeMarco? Is Netflix just taking them all in en masse? Or maybe the Japanese companies don't even bother to include TV rights in the deals anymore. Stop getting left out in the cold.

16 minutes ago, elfie said:

If they get another Outlaw Star fan born, good for them, but this block still airs at the godly hours of early Sunday when most people are asleep.

True that... although I prefer to record it.

• Like 2

Uhhh in a way Toonami IS for hardcore fans. They air stuff that has no mainstream appeal in the US and reruns. Lupin and Gundam? 20 year old reruns of Outlaw Star and Bebop? Jojo?

If they were airing "casual fan" stuff the block would have a lot more ecchi and harem stuff. The sad fact is a generic harem like the Asterisk War could probably beat most Toonami shows in the ratings.

I guess we saw some evidence of that in 2015 when Aniplex killed it with KILL la KILL and SAO 2, then Sentai ruled the roost with stuff like Akame ga KILL!! and Parasyte.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the 11 PM slot when DBZ Kai ends. I'd say put AOT S3 there. I think it still has some drawing power as it usually didn't drop from Kai very badly last year. Let's see what it does right after Super. Also, streaming should be delayed like it is for Super. The fact that Black Clover isn't a dub premiere is effectively KILLING Black Clover and everything afterward, but looks like we're stuck with that for a while.

• Like 1

Let's not pretend that Black Clover isn't doing well because it's not a Dub premiere. It's not doing well because it's Black Clover.

Here are 10 of the most popular new shows airing right now.

Overlord S2.

Seven Deadly Sins S2

Grancrest 

Death March

Killing Bites

Violet Evergarden

Citrus

Karakai

Daring in the Franxx

Poputepipkku

How many of these will air on Toonami after they're dubbed? Probably zero. And that's the problem. As the anime seasons come and go Toonami won't manage to get a single hot new show that people are actually interested in. Maybe once a year they'll pull a rabbit out of their hat with a One Punch Man or Kill la Kill, but it's hard to run a block with one success a year.

• Thanks 2

I wouldn't count Darling in the Frankxx out, but it won't be a dub premiere. Maybe that's what was going to replace Lupin? That would have been a godsend. As for Overlord, no way you're airing S2 of anything without airing S1 first.

This smells too much like late 2014, but at least the politics seem to be different.

36 minutes ago, Blatch said:

This is actually a valid point, and it speaks a lot to my current dissatisfaction with the block. Everything has become so homogenized... from the top of the block, you've got two whole hours of long-running (Black Clover is supposedly 51 episodes, so I count that) shonen, of which only JoJo's interests me. Then it's Gundam followed by another hour of shonen, albeit with Hunter x Hunter in the Chimera Ant arc, so it's not a waste. Meanwhile, I can stream stuff like Re:Zero and Made in Abyss at a moment's notice. Where are they eye-catching seinen shows like that, DeMarco? Is Netflix just taking them all in en masse? Or maybe the Japanese companies don't even bother to include TV rights in the deals anymore. Stop getting left out in the cold.

True that... although I prefer to record it.

Getting the trendiest, newest, more different shows are NOT high priority for them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Daos said:

And that's the problem. As the anime seasons come and go Toonami won't manage to get a single hot new show that people are actually interested in. Maybe once a year they'll pull a rabbit out of their hat with a One Punch Man or Kill la Kill, but it's hard to run a block with one success a year.

While I do appreciate this thought, it doesn't really correlate with Toonami doing fine (allegedly?) in the ratings. Maybe the business model has changed due to them not being able to get a lot of these shows. Of course, that doesn't mean we can stop telling them to try.

26 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with the 11 PM slot when DBZ Kai ends. I'd say put AOT S3 there.

That's not going to be possible unless it takes a break for FLCL 2, and they're much more likely to add a slot for it, although I do low-key think it might replace Gundam: IBO.

Attack on Titan is probably going to (again) replace JoJo's, at least for my money.

But they're not doing fine. They're surviving due to CN's ratings being at record lows and they have absolutely nothing better to replace them with.

This weeks ratings should be a bit of a wakeup call that things are not going to get better until they make changes.

38 minutes ago, Blatch said:

While I do appreciate this thought, it doesn't really correlate with Toonami doing fine (allegedly?) in the ratings. Maybe the business model has changed due to them not being able to get a lot of these shows. Of course, that doesn't mean we can stop telling them to try.

That's not going to be possible unless it takes a break for FLCL 2, and they're much more likely to add a slot for it, although I do low-key think it might replace Gundam: IBO.

Attack on Titan is probably going to (again) replace JoJo's, at least for my money.

Here's how that would work:

June 30, 2018:

10 PM FLCL 2 (if it's ready)

10:30 Dragon Ball Super

11 PM WORLD PREMIERE Attack on Titan Season 3

11:30 Black Clover

12 AM JoJo: Stardust Crusaders

12:30 Hell I don't know--Tokyo Ghoul: RE??

Kai ends in late June and that would theoretically pave the way for AOT S3 to show up over here first, if that's even possible. After AOT S2 did lackluster in the ratings despite essentially being a simuldub I'm pretty sure they'd go for something like that. If it's not possible for AOT S3 to show up here until July, might as well double up on Super or something.

Edited by OwlChemist81

36 minutes ago, Daos said:

But they're not doing fine. They're surviving due to CN's ratings being at record lows and they have absolutely nothing better to replace them with.

This weeks ratings should be a bit of a wakeup call that things are not going to get better until they make changes.

DeMarco said that the ratings are less of an issue than ever. Considering how low things got in 2017 without the block getting shorter, I feel like I can take him at his word... even though these current numbers inspire even less confidence.

22 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I mean, it's not as if this wouldn't be possible, but Funi almost never does same-day simuldubs. And there probably won't be a significant ratings increase if they do it this way, so I'm expecting the same better-scheduled treatment Season 2 got.

Regarding the former point, My Hero Academia S2's dub aired on the same day as the subbed version... for about half of its run. Then they started airing it on a faster timetable than other Funi simuldubs (as in, about a week), but not alongside the sub. I guess it was too much for them to handle. And nobody seemed to mind that much anyway.

Edited by Blatch

Last year's 12:30 AOT S2 premieres seemed late but they were in front of Samurai Jack and both Dragon Balls. This year, S3 will likely also get topicals. The logical place for it to air is in front of Dragon Ball Super at 11. DBZ Kai will be leaving that timeslot right before and the worst they would have to do is double up on Dragon Ball Super for a week or two. Might even dare to rerun the last episode of Season 2 in that timeslot leading into Season 3 if June 30th isn't a full-night marathon of Season 2. I believe that could still do OK.

Edited by OwlChemist81

43 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Here's how that would work:

June 30, 2018:

10 PM FLCL 2 (if it's ready)

10:30 Dragon Ball Super

11:30 Black Clover

12 AM JoJo: Stardust Crusaders

12:30 Hell I don't know--Tokyo Ghoul: RE??

Kai ends in late June and that would theoretically pave the way for AOT S3 to show up over here first, if that's even possible. After AOT S2 did lackluster in the ratings despite essentially being a simuldub I'm pretty sure they'd go for something like that. If it's not possible for AOT S3 to show up here until July, might as well double up on Super or something.

I know we've talked about this before, but do you really think its a good idea to lead off the block with FLCL? I think its kinda out there and might erode Super's potential audience. There's alot of synergy between Family Guy's audience and Super and I think FLCL just screams "ANIME!!!" and could drive that audience away. Plus the content might be a little too much for prime time. I think it's probably best served in the 11:00 hour. 

• Like 1

UPDATED:

www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-27-2018.html

Adult Swim’s line-up performed as follows:  DRAGON BALL at 0.42/0.33, compared to last week’s 0.51/0.39, BLACK CLOVER down 0.05 to 0.24, JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE down 0.06 to 0.20, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM down 0.07 to 0.18/398K, HUNTER X HUNTER down 0.04 to 0.18/386K, NARUTO down 0.02 to 0.20/423K, OUTLAW STAR down 0.04 to 0.16/343K, the new SPACE DANDY at 0.15/319K, COWBOY BEBOP down a tick to 0.20/389K, and GHOST IN THE SHELL down 0.01 to 0.18/375K.

Wow. Space Dandy had an inauspicious re-debut, but then CB rose 0.05!? I CAN'T EVEN...

Edited by OwlChemist81

9 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

I know we've talked about this before, but do you really think its a good idea to lead off the block with FLCL? I think its kinda out there and might erode Super's potential audience. There's alot of synergy between Family Guy's audience and Super and I think FLCL just screams "ANIME!!!" and could drive that audience away. Plus the content might be a little too much for prime time. I think it's probably best served in the 11:00 hour. 

You might be right. Well in that case, I guess that would mean Super at 10, AOT S3 at 10:30, then FLCL at 11? I dunno; AOT S3 seems kinda hot for 10:30. FLCL after Super would work.

BTW, the block average was 496K total viewers. This is only the 2nd time in the block's history that it hasn't crossed 500K; the first is the Cowboy Bebop marathon last year.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Even though there's not much of a point in getting worked up over ratings these days, especially after hearing DeMarco's recent comments on them, the non-DB numbers haven't looked all that great recently. We used to give Toonami a lot of praise for maintaining its audience throughout the block, but now that has worsened in the recent months.

TV overall doing worse is one thing, but I also believe getting rid of the earlier Super airing is also responsible since the Toonami airing audience is no longer being split. This just makes Super's dominance over the rest of the shows even more prominent. It's also pretty clear that Black Clover is having problems keeping that DB audience (though to be fair, nothing except OPM has done that well).

The question of which show can hold that audience isn't an easy one to answer. Kai is okay with it, and Shippuden would probably do fine considering even it holds up even in the back part of the block. If you're looking for a new show that could do it that could also get people to want to stick around after, then it's tough to say.

8 minutes ago, MasterMoltar said:

Even though there's not much of a point in getting worked up over ratings these days, especially after hearing DeMarco's recent comments on them, the non-DB numbers haven't looked all that great recently. We used to give Toonami a lot of praise for maintaining its audience throughout the block, but now that has worsened in the recent months.

TV overall doing worse is one thing, but I also believe getting rid of the earlier Super airing is also responsible since the Toonami airing audience is no longer being split. This just makes Super's dominance over the rest of the shows even more prominent. It's also pretty clear that Black Clover is having problems keeping that DB audience (though to be fair, nothing except OPM has done that well).

The question of which show can hold that audience isn't an easy one to answer. Kai is okay with it, and Shippuden would probably do fine considering even it holds up even in the back part of the block. If you're looking for a new show that could do it that could also get people to want to stick around after, then it's tough to say.

Not sure what new show could turn it around. I personally want sonething fresh. I dropped Stardust already and I’m about to do the same with HxH. Believe it or not Clover and IBO are what I’m liking right now. I want something to get excited about. I just really hope the mystery show isn’t Star Blazers, thats not the kind of show to kick things up. I hope they get Franxx it ReZero!

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

UPDATED:

www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-1-27-2018.html

Adult Swim’s line-up performed as follows:  DRAGON BALL at 0.42/0.33, compared to last week’s 0.51/0.39, BLACK CLOVER down 0.05 to 0.24, JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE down 0.06 to 0.20, MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM down 0.07 to 0.18/398K, HUNTER X HUNTER down 0.04 to 0.18/386K, NARUTO down 0.02 to 0.20/423K, OUTLAW STAR down 0.04 to 0.16/343K, the new SPACE DANDY at 0.15/319K, COWBOY BEBOP down a tick to 0.20/389K, and GHOST IN THE SHELL down 0.01 to 0.18/375K.

Wow. Space Dandy had an inauspicious re-debut, but then CB rose 0.05!? I CAN'T EVEN...

tumblr_nd3m240nuV1rd6fv9o2_400.gif

c03.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And then THIS happened:

http://www.programminginsider.com/saturday-final-ratings-nba-continues-trending-upward-abc-saturday-prime-time/

Adult Swim PROGRAM Viewers (000) A1849 rating A1849 (000)
10:30 Dragon Ball Super 999 0.42 538
11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 782 0.33 427
11:30 Black Clover 562 0.24 309
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 484 0.20 259
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 398 0.18 228
ProgrammingInsider.com
1:00a Hunter X Hunter (r) 386 0.18 226
1:30a Naruto: Shippuden (r) 423 0.20 264
2:00a Outlaw Star (r) 343 0.16 201
2:30a Space Dandy (r) 319 0.15 196
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 389 0.19 251
3:30a Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig (r) 375 0.18 228

Well, at least Space Dandy is the only show that fell below 200K 18-49. Don't get me wrong; I wanted Space Dandy back too, but that's REALLY setting the bar low at 2:30 AM! Remember when we were getting PREMIERES of Hellsing Ultimate and One Piece in that timeslot?

The 18-49 average was 284K, the 2nd worst in Toonami history. Also, Family Guy at 10 PM pretty much tied DBS in both 18-49 and 18-34, though the latter lost total viewers.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Naruto beat the 2 shows before it and the entire last part of the block. I refuse to watch it but you can't argue with success. With an earlier timeslot I think it would have beaten Jojo and Clover as well.

That doesn't say anything good about your anime block when Shippuden is one of your main draws.

And to the HxH fans who always say it should move up... this is why it's 6th and is lucky to stay there.

It's too bad about Dandy, I like Dandy. But I admit, he never made it into the mainstream and this is how it goes when you air something with no mainstream appeal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Daos said:

Don't know. Sounds like he saw a quote or podcast somewhere where someone maybe said something like "They're thinking about it." I think he's jumping the gun.

Would be nice though.

If they went with comedy or slice of life or even something ecchi/moe they more than likely attract a much better crowd then the current snooze fest

They really limited themselves by sticking to Shonen and action anime. Comedy, School, and Ecchi are the most popular according to Mal. Also... they're cheap as hell to make and likely much cheaper to acquire.

If you're going to go the Shonen/ action route, you have to actually get the big ones. MHA, Mob Psycho, Overlord, Gate, Tanya.

Toonami isn't good at change though, so I'm skeptical.

9 minutes ago, Daos said:

They really limited themselves by sticking to Shonen and action anime. Comedy, School, and Ecchi are the most popular according to Mal. Also... they're cheap as hell to make and likely much cheaper to acquire.

If you're going to go the Shonen/ action route, you have to actually get the big ones. MHA, Mob Psycho, Overlord, Gate, Tanya.

Hell a monkey can make wiser decisions than Demarco

• Sad 1

What they need to do to get back ratings is air fanservicey action anime with limited commercial interruption. It's unlikely to happen, between Cartoon Network being a kid's station first, Turner S&P not wanting to edit too much, and Demarco being afraid of fanservice inherent to anime not named Kill la Kill, but I think it'd work, even if it's just one anime.

In fact, I'd prefer it if it were just a single fanservice anime, if only for dissonance. I'd love to see the dissonance going from Freezing into Iron Blooded Orphans or vice versa, especially with them sharing the same composer.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

What they need to do to get back ratings is air fanservicey action anime with limited commercial interruption. It's unlikely to happen, between Cartoon Network being a kid's station first, Turner S&P not wanting to edit too much, and Demarco being afraid of fanservice inherent to anime not named Kill la Kill, but I think it'd work, even if it's just one anime.

In fact, I'd prefer it if it were just a single fanservice anime, if only for dissonance. I'd love to see the dissonance going from Freezing into Iron Blooded Orphans or vice versa, especially with them sharing the same composer.

Hell black lagoon reberta blood trails would even work

38 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Kill all birds with one stone and air Cross Ange.... xD

13 hours ago, Daos said:

Toonami is and always has been an action block. That I do not have a problem with. I DO have a problem with them sticking to one KIND of action cartoon.

12 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

:D You know if I was in charge of programming, I'd get at least one or two shows that are DRASTICALLY different in tone and rating, just to screw with everyone.

• Raptorpat unpinned and locked this topic