UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

Why are people coming to see my house if they can't afford it? Two have come to see it only to say it's too expensive for the repairs it needs.

What repairs? The roof? 2 years old. The solar panels? 2 years old. The HVAC? 4 years old. The water heater? 2 years old.

If they're talking about the kitchen not being sexxxy enough I'll give you that but it's not broken, it doesn't need to be "repaired". And if we do that "repair" ourselves, we're only going to increase the price anyways. Why schedule a showing of a house you would be stretching to afford as it is? Do what you want for yourself, but please stop wasting my time. I have to leash three dogs and cage two cats every time someone wants to see the house, and I'm pretty sure one of my cats is plotting parenticide.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

My grandmother hasn't been dead a week and my aunt had to start in on my mom about how we "didn't take better care of her" even though she (my granother) had dementia and she (my aunt) is a nurse and knows we had nowhere near the wherewithall to provide the kind of care she needed. Before all this happened, my uncle and I had agreed that all of us as a family needed to come together and love each other like we used to, even if only temporarily. But my aunt pulling what she pulled put the kibosh on that.

To my aunt: My mom was going over there to do the best she could for both my grandparents, even to the point of neglecting her own health, and you have the audacity to say we did a piss poor job of caring for my grandmother when you didn't even do a motherfucking thing but buy cleaning supplies for us? You know what? After she's cremated and buried, I'm cutting all contact with you. As far as I'm concerned, you are no longer my aunt. Therefore, go fuck yourself.

One last thing: I hate how people can be when someone passes away. My ex-mother-in-law started giving away her late husband's stuff not even forty-eight hours after the man died. Now I don't mind being the recipient of things like that, but I had felt it was too soon. But other family members were okay with it. Am I the crazy one for wanting to show the man some respect? Am I crazy for wanting us to let people morn the recently departed? Jesus Christ Almighty, I must be because only my mom and my brothers agreed with me. Not only that, but I hate how people can be in that they can act like a bunch of vultures circling, then picking at a lifeless corpse that's lying in the middle of a sweltering desert. It's almost as if they can't wait to get their greedy hands on the deceased's belongings. Bunch of vultures. They can kiss my ass.

TL;DR: People suck ass.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4

I just got billed $400 (out of $1800) for an ER visit in which no service was rendered. Not a single test, not a single medication. No one came to check on me, not once. They dumped me on a cold, damp bed and ignored me while I had a seizure. They even laughed in my face. And you want $1800 for that? They told me to contact my insurance. For the first time like...ever...my insurance is not the problem. And I'm not calling to ask them to pay for a service that no one received.

Get fucked, my doctor already told me not to pay and that what happened was illegal. Don't wanna wipe the fee? Fine. I'll contact the Department of Health. What I won't do is write you assholes a check.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Went into Dexter's room to get a t shirt for him to tie dye, and found a half dozen empty Monster cans and diet Pepsi bottles tucked next to his bed, and the switch under his pillow. No wonder it's been so hard to get him up in the morning lately. 

I am too old for this.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 5:08 PM, Blackrose321 said:

Why are people coming to see my house if they can't afford it? Two have come to see it only to say it's too expensive for the repairs it needs.

What repairs? The roof? 2 years old. The solar panels? 2 years old. The HVAC? 4 years old. The water heater? 2 years old.

If they're talking about the kitchen not being sexxxy enough I'll give you that but it's not broken, it doesn't need to be "repaired". And if we do that "repair" ourselves, we're only going to increase the price anyways. Why schedule a showing of a house you would be stretching to afford as it is? Do what you want for yourself, but please stop wasting my time. I have to leash three dogs and cage two cats every time someone wants to see the house, and I'm pretty sure one of my cats is plotting parenticide.

The first offer to come in was for $30k under asking and we listed well below everyone around us to start with. We are literally the cheapest house on the market at this size, in this area. 

Now, there are two houses listed within his budget, also in the same area. They just have 600 less square footage and 1 less bedroom. I'd rather wait, that kind of lowball offer is actually kind of offensive in how stupid it is.

ETA: They're also on half of the land, wtf?... 2 more days and then I won't have to come and go for showings.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 1

Fuck PTSD, honestly fuck it. After losing two brothers less then three years apart I am so scared of losing anyone else that it hurts. I'm staying at a friend's place to watch her pets, I tried to call and text my husband a dozen+ times, but he didn't answer. I tried everything. I called him on FB, I called him on Discord, I even sent food to the apartment in the hopes that something would get his attention, wake him up, whatever. Nothing did.

As it turns out he was fine, he was just sleeping in. Until 1pm. 12 hours of sleep. I don't care how long he sleeps but holy shit not knowing nearly had me doubled over the toilet puking in fear. He dropped me off at my friend's place so I had no way to drive over myself, I had to get my MiL involved.

I feel like such a broken person today.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

All I wanted was a reasonably warm meal that I didn’t have to prepare, and I wanted it delivered to me in an acceptable timeframe.

What I did not want was my delivery driver’s financial and transportation issues laid out before me while my food is getting even colder. Oh, you and your significant other are down to just one car? I don’t even have a car, bitch.

I sound like a complete asshole here, don’t I? Meh….I get this way sometimes when I’m hungry. Whatever.

• Like 1

What a frustrating day this was. First I didn't get my schedule, for some reason the manage left before he could give them out and I work multiple positions so I need to know what I'm doing on what day. And then these customers with these fucking cards again. If you don't have the physical card with you then I can't key in the numbers even if you the card numbers by heart I still need the card because they are cracking down on that. Also you're not allowed to write the numbers down on a piece of tape and tape it to the card because that won't be accepted either. Just get a new fucking card. And course they get mad at me and start calling me names when I have to follow the store policy. It made laugh more than anything because yeah bitch I know I'm fat you're not telling me anything that I don't already know but guess what I may be fat but you still went home without your groceries so fuck you. Just all day with this shit with goddamn cards. And also I don't understand why anyone would call constantly asking for lottery results when you can just look them up on you phone. .And I get home and the maintenance man was supposed to fix my overhead stove light and of course it's still out. And top all of that off we're day 1 of a week long heatwave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BF has been complaining of a toothache so i'm making sure he's eating softer, easier to eat foods so as not to aggravate it.

Last night I make him beef and broccoli, he throws the bowl down and throws a fit because of the pain.

He then eats a bag of Brownie Brittle.

He deserves what he gets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think there might’ve been something wrong with the McDonald’s I ate last night. I’ve been queasy and unnaturally tired since about an hour after I ate it.

There’s also the strong possibility that this feeling could be caused by virtually anything else, but I need something to blame, and my mind is set.

• Sad 1

Seven people (7) waiting in front of me at the butcher shop. One working the register was 75 and very obviously needed to be in a fucking nursing home or a farm.

Finally gets to me, paid double the usual price and then had to go all the way back in line to the other employee because his Alzheimer’s made him forget a goddamn purchase was just made.

Not mad at him for not being able to remember his daughter but holy fucking shit should he not have to work there.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I work tomorrow. I thought I had tomorrow off and worked Saturday but nope, my schedule was changed at some point. Normally having a Saturday off is a sacred thing [ it means two days off in a row usually and a full weekend no less ] but I had plans for tomorrow that really aren't the type that can be put off forever without consequences. 

Summary - I have a full weekend free and I'm crabby about it. 

• Sad 4

I'm watching my friend's cats while she's away. I've got a lot going on so it's been a little stressful since they need to be fed twice a day and they're picky eaters. The oldest cat also poops on the bathroom floor when he's in a bad mood...

The thing is, I think he does it because her newest adoptee has what can be best described as radioactive bowel movements. She's so tiny, the teeniest little thing, but she shits like a grown man. Stank me right out of the room. I don't blame the old fella for refusing to use the litter box after she's dropped a nuke in it.

I think she's got some kind of gastrointestinal thing - big belly, picky eater, gassy, and those bowel movements - so my friend asked me to call the vet to set up an appointment, especially since it's been such a challenge to feed her. She's out in the wilderness so texting is fine but sustained phone calls can be iffy.

Get this - the vet has a policy that they referred to as "HIPAA for cats". They wouldn't let me bring her in, they wouldn't even let me schedule an appointment for when my friend is back. They told me to either take her to the emergency vet or have my friend call back on Monday.

Admittedly, I got a bit bitchy. I said, "So there's no concern that she hasn't been eating consistently for 2-3 days, we can wait until Monday?" She snapped, "I didn't say that." My point in phrasing it that way was to walk her through the practical implications of such a shithead policy. Calling it "HIPAA for cats" doesn't mean it makes sense. She never did explain what the reason for the policy is, she just said I couldn't have anything to do with her records. I never asked for her records, all I needed was an appointment on the calendar...and wtf kind of "records" could a kitten have? Jfc she doesn't have an SSN, I'm not trying to open a credit card!

I got the feeling they were busy and just saw an opportunity to get rid of me and move on to the next caller. So I just hung up. My friend had to call later and she apologized, so there's that at least.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 2

Some may disagree but I do believe randomly cold calling someone you did work with over a year ago instead of sending a message in text form about maybe resuming work is maybe sort of psychopath type behavior

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Me, posting a joke in a meme post on YouTube, Day 1: "Wow, that's a lot of likes/comments"

Me, three days later"What the fuck is going on stop interacting this conversation isn't even what the original meme was about AHHHHHHHH"

• Haha 3

You dumbass! I saw that woman walk out of my grandfather's garage as I was pulling into the driveway to drop off a spare mower so you could mow the yard. You had one job: Listen to your father, aka my grandfather. Apparently, you can't do that to save your life!

Whatever. If he throws you out on your ass, it won't be my fault.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3

Tfw you somehow tweak your shoulder and/or back and then you can barely sleep because even breathing the wrong way hurts :LithiumSmileyAngry:

Woke up from my meager sleep to a bunch of spam on whatsapp i had to remove myself from and report :LithiumSmileyAngry:

• Like 3

On 6/8/2024 at 4:53 PM, Blackrose321 said:

The first offer to come in was for $30k under asking and we listed well below everyone around us to start with. We are literally the cheapest house on the market at this size, in this area. 

Now, there are two houses listed within his budget, also in the same area. They just have 600 less square footage and 1 less bedroom. I'd rather wait, that kind of lowball offer is actually kind of offensive in how stupid it is.

ETA: They're also on half of the land, wtf?... 2 more days and then I won't have to come and go for showings.

I'm not angry but I feel like, because I posted about this situation 3 weeks ago, I just have to continue the saga.

After more feedback that our house requires "too much work", we got feedback from a local realtor who advised us to lower the price due to, as expected, the interior not being pretty enough. He felt that buyers wouldn't care about being able to do it on their own, their own way, within their set budget so we either do it, and adjust the price - leaving those buyers out anyways - or just lower the price. Whatever, lower the price, let's get this show on the road.

So this guy I wrote about above reaches out again through his realtor today. The house is now priced for exactly what he asked for but he has his realtor reiterate that his client "really doesn't like the inspection" but he again refuses to elaborate. He adds that his client "doesn't like solar panels" and then asks if we will lower the price by an additional $40k!

We just told our realtor to let his realtor know that we will not sell to him under any circumstances. We already have an offer - believe it or not, higher than listing, I'm so confused - and even if he countered with a higher offer, we'd still pass. There is no way a guy like that can close quickly or efficiently and any amount over would be pissed away in demands and lengthy proceedings. I'd rather he just like...stop calling us altogether...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

There’s nothing quite like driving to another city for a doctor’s appointment just for the following conversation.

Nurse: How are you feeling today?

Me: I’m fine.

Nurse: Okay, come back in 6 months.

I could’ve done this fucking bullshit over the phone from the comfort of my bed, you jackasses. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

Edited by The_annoying_one
Misspelled “bed” somehow…..
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I fucking miss the bar. I miss being able to hop from spot to spot all throughout each week. “Waste of money” nope, I could afford it and I was at ease. Shit, I was happier.

I miss when everyone had their own place to wind down to make up for how much we hate each other. It’s all about what keeps us down and not living. It’s why I personally hate each & every Economy dickrider.

• Like 2

How the fuck do you run a very profitable hospital with multiple practices throughout the city, but your VPN sucks and is down more than you can count?!

Like fuck you job. I didn't want to work today anyways, because I'm a sweepy gal. But still. FUCK YOUUUU. 

• Like 4

There’s nothing quite like waking up in a complete zombie-like state, slowly making your way to the bathroom, peeing, then watching in horror as your entire bathroom begins to flood from a randomly overflowing toilet.

This is not how days are supposed to start, goddammit!

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Getting into an argument online with someone that I’m so sure I’m locked and loaded to win, only to realize that I was, in fact wrong.

IMG_6638.gif

Never double down. Change the subject, ignore the topic, initiate troll response 

• Thanks 2

How the fuck you gonna ask someone on a date then ghost them (block me on snap) an hour prior to said date?

Fucking childish ass humans. 

Edited by UwPp
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

ALL THEY GOT WAS AN EAR! :distraught:

*Sigh* I'll edit this because I only wish Trump croaks. And if your rights or life are no way in danger and you're white, you can shut the fuck all the way up about 'You shouldn't think bad thoughts about fascists'.

• Thanks 3

Things were going pretty well at work today until the last 30 minutes before quitting time when Trump gets brought up then it erupts into a free for all. You got the pro Trumpers screaming and hollering and making a scene in public trying to their shit off and then you got the people who don't like Trump screaming and hollering and making a scene in public trying to get their shit off killing my chill vibe in the process. Goddamn there's a time and place for everything for fuck sakes. Even my manager was getting into with a customer over this shit, is this really appropriate behavior for a manager?  Both sides look crazy as fuck to me. And then people trying to drag me into this expecting me to pick a side. Shit I'm just a spectator having a laugh this because this comedy to me, always has been.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1