UnevenEdge

The difference between a millennial and a zoomer

I came across this topic today on reddit. One difference is major purchases like airplane tickets. Millennials feel you should make the purchase on a laptop, but zoomers are fine making the purchase on a smartphone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Insipid said:

I came across this topic today on reddit. One difference is major purchases like airplane tickets. Millennials feel you should make the purchase on a laptop, but zoomers are fine making the purchase on a smartphone.

It is totally weird to me when I realize that their smartphone is their primary device. Like if they don't have a PC for games or whatever they just don't have a computer or laptop at all.

Having a computer used to be like a status symbol.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Insipid said:

Last time I bought plane tickets was on my phone.

That said, I can't use a laptop without plugging in a mouse.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Insipid said:

I kind of agree with shopping on certain devices that are less used (a laptop versus a smartphone) because it's probably more secure. 

Meh, if I'm doing something like booking a flight, I'll use a comp. Mobile is unreliable and just when you think a page has loaded but there's one asset that didn't, and then you try to click a plus or minus or something but then the asset loads and now you've tapped submit....that shit happens way too often for me to trust mobile for more than trolling.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The worst of both worlds, believe you me.

I mean, xennials grew up playing the NES as a young child. Technology and video games only got better from then. Pretty cool, imo

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

He's significantly older than me (as far as I'm aware), and xennial is an extremely small window (born between 1982 and 1984).

No, xennial is like 1977 to 1983. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

He's significantly older than me (as far as I'm aware), and xennial is an extremely small window (born between 1982 and 1984).

2 hours ago, Insipid said:

The term doesn’t explicitly apply to an age range, though it’s generally thought of as the last 1/3 of the generation.  Xennials are the group of Xers that came of age at the start of the internet age. 

5 hours ago, Insipid said:

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The term doesn’t explicitly apply to an age range, though it’s generally thought of as the last 1/3 of the generation.  Xennials are the group of Xers that came of age at the start of the internet age. 

Man neither of those things are what I read.

7 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

(Like Buddy said....) Generational monikers are fundamentally arbitrary.  They exist mostly to document how changes to social structure, economy, and technology combine to shape a particular group of people.  The concept itself didn't become a thing until the Baby Boom happened, largely as a response to fundamental changes in how the "Greatest Generation" changed their approach to raising "Boomers" from their parents'.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Sigh, time to act like a zoomer. Oh ChatGPT, when were xennials born?

ChatGPT: Xennials are typically considered to be born between the late 1970s and the early 1980s, spanning roughly from the late 1970s to the early 1980s. They are seen as a micro-generation between Generation X and Millennials, sharing characteristics of both.

• 2 weeks later...