UnevenEdge

Gov Abbott declares he can invade Mexico

matrixman124

If he sees nothing wrong with Texas 'defending' itself by continuing to be a bastard, then there's nothing wrong with the rest of the country defending itself from Abbott. 

As Abbott sees nothing wrong with basically kidnapping people at the border and illegally trafficking them to northern areas that are experiencing winter with little more than the clothes on their backs [ after taking whatever valuables they might have had with them when they crossed of course ], Abbott should be picked up and taken to the middle of nowhere in the middle of winter and left to fend for himself just like the immigrants. 

And he doesn't need that wheelchair either. If people can walk thousands of miles only for him to pitch them in the cold north in the middle of the night for political points, he can crawl a few miles in the cold until he finds someone who doesn't shoot on sight anyone that crosses into their yard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biden already looks weak with other things he does absolutely nothing about. In this instance I can maybe understand treading carefully because Abott is a fuckin loon and this could be just the thing to trigger that civil war right wingers always fantasize about 

• Like 2

Trumps’s legal argument for total  immunity from prosecution as president would presumably give Biden the right to have Abbot assassinated. Perhaps the president should test that legal theory, just for the sake of argument?*

* brb fbi

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

I gotta get up to speed on this....they are keeping the fed out of boarder park.....with chicken wire?

Basically TX put up razor wire to prevent crossings and refused to allow the border patrol to access, they're litigating over who can do what right now. And there was a big incident where a mom and kids drowned trying to cross. 

SCOTUS just issued an emergency decision (5/4, roberts and ACB joined the three libs) the other day that authorized the feds to cut the state's wires to access the border and do their job while the main litigation proceeds.

I don't interpret this letter as "TX thinks it can invade Mexico" so much as it is TX challenging federalism and the fed-state relationship and balance of powers. Which to me kind of puts it more in the "1860s" bucket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 Republican governors have made a joint statement in support of Abbott.

Governor Kay Ivey, Alabama

Governor Mike Dunleavy, Alaska

Governor Sarah Sanders, Arkansas

Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida

Governor Brian Kemp, Georgia

Governor Brad Little, Idaho

Governor Eric Holcomb, Indiana

Governor Kim Reynolds, Iowa

Governor Jeff Landry, Louisiana

Governor Tate Reeves, Mississippi

Governor Mike Parson, Missouri

Governor Greg Gianforte, Montana

Governor Jim Pillen, Nebraska

Governor Joe Lombardo, Nevada

Governor Chris Sununu, New Hampshire

Governor Doug Burgum, North Dakota

Governor Mike DeWine, Ohio

Governor Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma

Governor Henry McMaster, South Carolina

Governor Kristi Noem, South Dakota

Governor Bill Lee, Tennessee

Governor Spencer Cox, Utah

Governor Glenn Youngkin, Virginia

Governor Jim Justice, West Virginia

Governor Mark Gordon, Wyoming

On 1/25/2024 at 9:31 AM, Raptorpat said:

Basically TX put up razor wire to prevent crossings and refused to allow the border patrol to access, they're litigating over who can do what right now. And there was a big incident where a mom and kids drowned trying to cross. 

SCOTUS just issued an emergency decision (5/4, roberts and ACB joined the three libs) the other day that authorized the feds to cut the state's wires to access the border and do their job while the main litigation proceeds.

I don't interpret this letter as "TX thinks it can invade Mexico" so much as it is TX challenging federalism and the fed-state relationship and balance of powers. Which to me kind of puts it more in the "1860s" bucket.

Its not even that really. All SCOTUS did was stay a ruling that prevented the Feds from removing the wire. Nothing about if Texas can put it up or do other activities that they are doing.

The Feds now have the option of removing the wire, if they want to and/or are able to. Texas can continue to put up whatever they want as other cases wind their way through the courts.

3 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

25 Republican governors have made a joint statement in support of Abbott.

Governor Kay Ivey, Alabama

Governor Mike Dunleavy, Alaska

Governor Sarah Sanders, Arkansas

Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida

Governor Brian Kemp, Georgia

Governor Brad Little, Idaho

Governor Eric Holcomb, Indiana

Governor Kim Reynolds, Iowa

Governor Jeff Landry, Louisiana

Governor Tate Reeves, Mississippi

Governor Mike Parson, Missouri

Governor Greg Gianforte, Montana

Governor Jim Pillen, Nebraska

Governor Joe Lombardo, Nevada

Governor Chris Sununu, New Hampshire

Governor Doug Burgum, North Dakota

Governor Mike DeWine, Ohio

Governor Kevin Stitt, Oklahoma

Governor Henry McMaster, South Carolina

Governor Kristi Noem, South Dakota

Governor Bill Lee, Tennessee

Governor Spencer Cox, Utah

Governor Glenn Youngkin, Virginia

Governor Jim Justice, West Virginia

Governor Mark Gordon, Wyoming

And to put that into a visual:

bafkreihteiwzopmlunwgqvfymidbiyvafwhl7azm2ab6kx4mvmqdp6sxnu.jpg

• Like 1

North Dakota doesn't count. Buttgum isn't re-running so he doesn't really care what kind of stupid shit he says or does as long as it can be seen as kissing Drumpf's micro-penis base's butt because he really thinks he's going to be hanging out in the WH next year.

Mercenary-loving racist and perpetual liar Armstrong is now going to be running for governor while 'I'm a republican! until you won't give me what I want, then I'm an independent! until I can run again as a republican' Becker is aiming for House. 

So frickin' hoping that the non-idiots get it together long enough to absolutely smack these clowns out of the water. It's an uphill battle because pretty much the entire elected body of ND is GOP. 3 idiots in the middle of nowhere voting 'R' have more weight than entire city sections that vote 'D'. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

North Dakota doesn't count. Buttgum isn't re-running so he doesn't really care what kind of stupid shit he says or does as long as it can be seen as kissing Drumpf's micro-penis base's butt because he really thinks he's going to be hanging out in the WH next year.

Mercenary-loving racist and perpetual liar Armstrong is now going to be running for governor while 'I'm a republican! until you won't give me what I want, then I'm an independent! until I can run again as a republican' Becker is aiming for House. 

So frickin' hoping that the non-idiots get it together long enough to absolutely smack these clowns out of the water. It's an uphill battle because pretty much the entire elected body of ND is GOP. 3 idiots in the middle of nowhere voting 'R' have more weight than entire city sections that vote 'D'. 

I honestly hope this makes them lose some support

17 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

I honestly hope this makes them lose some support

It's so gerrymandered around here that it very literally feels like it takes 10 D votes to equal a single R vote and even then, they try to figure out a reason for why those D votes aren't legitimate. They did the whole checking for election fraud thing, found that there was no fraud, but still complained bitterly that there had to be something wrong because the state isn't RED-RED anymore, it's rapidly turning light pink. 

My dream is that the entire state turn a blazing purple. Let the voters be so aware of things that they don't vote party, they vote only person and you have to earn that vote or we'll punt you next cycle. 

16 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

It's so gerrymandered around here that it very literally feels like it takes 10 D votes to equal a single R vote and even then, they try to figure out a reason for why those D votes aren't legitimate. They did the whole checking for election fraud thing, found that there was no fraud, but still complained bitterly that there had to be something wrong because the state isn't RED-RED anymore, it's rapidly turning light pink. 

My dream is that the entire state turn a blazing purple. Let the voters be so aware of things that they don't vote party, they vote only person and you have to earn that vote or we'll punt you next cycle. 

Being from  purple state, be careful what you wish for. The amount of political advertising gets farcical. There would be whole commercial breaks in 2022 that only featured political ads, and there wasn’t a lot of variety.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Being from  purple state, be careful what you wish for. The amount of political advertising gets farcical. There would be whole commercial breaks in 2022 that only featured political ads, and there wasn’t a lot of variety.

Dude, I know exactly what you are talking about because I'm so old I usually have the news playing on the hotel tv during the day when I'm in Atlanta. :D :D :D 

Commercial 1: Vote for me, I don't eat babies like my opponent does.

Commercial 2: I'm running for political office and my opponent actually does eat babies while claiming I eat babies.

Commercial 3: I only eat free-range babies that choose to be eaten which is why a vote for me is a vote for freedom and personal choices!

News - A baby was nibbled on in Piedmont today...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Cartersville? 

not up...but over, and more like couple hours.

but the point was, just down the road, at a college town, it's far more progressive, all the way around, from city tech to just more inclusiveness...

then head, literally 30 minutes, and you have some really backwards thinking and living. georgia is a very strange state to live in. i guess it could be said just about anywhere though. 

• Like 1

He's in a wheel chair because a tree fell on him while he was jogging.

That sounds like a failed assassination attempt.

Whoever came back from the future tried to get too fancy with the cover up.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Anthony Devulder said:

He's in a wheel chair because a tree fell on him while he was jogging.

That sounds like a failed assassination attempt.

Whoever came back from the future tried to get too fancy with the cover up.

Ents take way too long to do stuff sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2