UnevenEdge

2024 Resolutions Thread...

katt_goddess

...aka let's get this fail started!

Post here your glorious coulda/woulda/shouldas for the upcoming year, knowing full well that your probably already bored with the idea and will just go eat more cheese later. 

* I will drink more tea in the following year, especially green tea in the evening before bed.

* I will probably eat more cheese. 

Discuss!...

I'm gonna keep transitioning, and maybe also jump out of a plane (my dad and sister plan to go skydiving and i want to join them)

a name change is also something i want for 2024, but i haven't started researching that yet

• Like 2

Difficult one: join the gym down the street, lose 100 pounds by end of the year.

Simple one: read at least one book each month, and write at least one short story or poem each month.

Edited by GuyBeardmane
Because my dumb ass used the wrong word.
  • Like 2

Weight loss. Already on day 3 and so far I'm very satisfied with my calorie restriction. I want that glorious feeling of feeling your clothes get looser, doubting your progress, but then the next week comes and your clothes feel looser, next week looser, next week, and so on and so forth. That particular feeling will happen mid-January. I've done this before and will do this again.

Other things too, but I don't feel like sharing them.

• Like 1

in no particular order

• better food budget/diet control and also exercise
  • responsible sleep schedule/stop staying up so dang late and regretting it all day until I decide to stay up late again the following night
  • make effort to do more "family activities" that the babbs will enjoy in the moment and also appreciate in the long term now that she's old enough to start remembering things forever
  • make and stick to an actual home improvement plan so that this shithole starter house could theoretically be put on the market before the heat death of the universe but also ideally before the babbs starts school/making babby friends
  • consciously and aggressively plow leftover money into student loans while I cry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand the concept of lying toyself.

I'm going to edit but not fix this. This is why for years I refused to thumb type....no matter what, if I want to press "m" I get backspace instead and at the end of my post I get this bullshit...I hate it and in 2024, I'm not fucking fixing them.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Day 6 of dieting, down three pounds. I accidentally binged ate last night, but it wasn't a lot. I think I should eat more calories. I'm aiming for two pounds a week. Supposedly, you get gallstones if you lose weight too fast. I want to keep my gallbladder; I want to still be able to eat fatty foods.

• Like 1

Day 8, my clothes are finally starting to feel loose. My anxiety is down at least 80 percent and I think it's because I severely decreased my sugar intake.

I hope this lasts. I really do have a good feeling about this.

• Like 2

I didn't post it on here, but I had made the resolution to eat healthier. Day 6: I'm in my third day of making smoothies. I'm about to start incorporating cucumbers, spinach, and possibly even carrots into my blends. I also prefer to use frozen fruit because while I'm sure my blender can handle blending ice, I'd rather not take that chance until I'm ready.

• Like 3

Day 10: Been about a full week of having at least one smoothie a day. I've discovered I love using vanilla and toasted coconut flavored Greek yogurt in my smoothies, kind of making them a meal replacement, which is good! What's bad is I've also discovered that whatever I make can also be a quick cleanse smoothie by adding some fresh spinach leaves and some slices of cucumber. i need to make sure I do this kind of smoothie once a week. That or just use two or three spinach leaves and one cucumber slice at a time. Still, I should've done this sooner.

I feel like I'm losing weight. Not as quickly as I'd like, but I'm doing it the right way, at least. Oh, and a discount chain store run by HEB (a San Antonio-based grocery store chain with locations all throughout Texas and Mexico) also has frozen smoothie blends for $1.58 a package. (To clarify, the discount grocery store chain I mentioned is not called HEB; it's under a different name, but it's still owned and run by HEB.) I had the Powerhouse Blend just a little bit ago. All I did was add milk to the fruit and blended it.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Day 22: I heard most resolutions fail by today. I am using an app to keep track of my weight. According to trend values, I have lost six pounds. According to absolute values, which is what most people use when discussing weight loss, I lost ten pounds. I'm not on Ozempic or anything; it's just old-fashioned calorie restriction and exercise. I started this year off right.

• Like 4

Day 24: Today was my mother's birthday. It was the first time I saw my sister since New Year's Day. She said "wow, you lost a bit of weight." I wasn't expecting her to notice this early, but she is a nurse. Gave me quite a confidence boost.

• Like 5

Day 30: One month mark. I bought a fitbit, so now I have more metrics to follow other than my weight. I wish I bought one sooner because it's so useful and it really reinforces becoming more active.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 2

Day 35: Added one day to my count, based on the first date I weighed myself starting this journey. According to trend values, I have finally lost over 10 pounds. I also lost over 3 pounds the previous week. I feel like this was excessive; trying to keep it at 2.5 a week max. I don't really feel like consuming more calories though.

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Day 65: Two months into the new year and I'm still going strong. My BMI finally went under 40, meaning I am no longer morbidly obese. I was close to reaching 300 pounds at the end of last year. I am very proud that I have avoided that fate. I have lost approximately 18 pounds so far. If I continue at this rate, I should be able to have a BMI lower than 30 by the end of the year.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

You were 290?

Well now I get why you're so invested.

I guess I had my own presumptuous idea of your weight loss journey, but that's amazing.

What's the end goal 

Well, right now I'm averaging about 1.8 pounds a week. I plan on keeping it at least 1.5 pounds a week, that way I can go below 200 by the end of the year. After that, I'll see how I feel, what my body proportions are, and then go on from there.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Day 126: I didn't make as much progress as I'd have liked in April, but it still averaged out to over a pound a week. I can never complain about that rate. I have now lost about 30 pounds since the new year. A pound of fat has 3500 calories. If you do the math, I have burned over 100k excess calories this year.

I have inadvertently taught myself how to racewalk. The thing is, the range of motion to do it looks so silly. A fat person racewalking is a comedy show. I can never do this in public, not until I lose some more weight. I so badly want to start jogging, but I don't want to risk injury to my knees. Again, gotta lose more weight to safely do that.

I have a good feeling about May and the summer months. I think my weight loss is gonna accelerate.

Screenshot_20240501_075502.thumb.jpg.f775bd3ca436572487c1586bcdac34b3.jpg

Edited by Insipid
  • Like 3