UnevenEdge

Hey Arnold was kind of a weird show wasn't it

ghostrek

Just now, Insipid said:

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Sigh, this just makes me feel bad now. No, I was calling Lila a stupid bitch, and I was pretending she was saying the quoted sentence.

Okay yeah okay no I just waking that sure I wasn't offended I was just confused no she  is that type of person . Well a lot of people take advantage of other people it's just a whale what life it's not moral or good but it's the way of life nonetheless and we just need to face it

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Rocko’s Modern Life was way weirder.

Yeah but that's the typical Nicktoon there the oddness was a selling factor from Rugrats to ah real monsters do the infamous SpongeBob  

and who can forget cat dog and angry beavers

doug and hey Arnold seems normal in comparison when it was in fact the things that make those two shows more a typical than  the usual Nicktoon

i barely can remember today's that Nickelodeon used to just show reruns of other people's shows not their own original content

Edited by ghostrek
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jman said:

It was just grounded enough to be relatable but still weird enough to be interested.

Also Helga is one of the few Western examples of a tsundere done correctly.

My point exactly us take the earlier doug for example it is the most normal of the nicktoons  even with the more grounded series like as told by Ginger  and the extra sports one they have and yes Ian hey Arnold was it's partially every replacement of doug  

you look at the rugrats and Rocko's Modern Life  and later examples like  fairy odd parents   there is normally a set of Nicktoons that from the earlier years that seemed a little bit more grounded like you said and that makes it stand out because I don't think there's any grounded Nicktoons series possibly loud house but that's actually.

But there's a certain ones that overlap with each other that seem very very grounded

6 minutes ago, Mix said:

It's part of what made it awesome.

Any good cartoon is weird

well hey Arnold and Doug are weird because how grounded they are and their reality they're not fantastical no talking babies no talking animals talking to tween girl or or a cat and dog that are  conjoined twins 

5 hours ago, discolé monade said:

'hey arnold' was actually kind of brilliant. 

i also enjoyed a short lived series 'as told by ginger' that was very clever. 

now....'ahhhh monsters!' that was so wonderfully weird. 

but if you don't absolutely swoon for 'angry beavers', well.....piss off. 

holy shit i was just thinking about as told by Ginger the other day! i was wondering why I've not really seen anyone bring it up when talking about old cartoons. i really liked that show, from what i can remember of it (which isn't much tbh). but it was cool to have a show with a curly haired girl lead that talked about dealing with curly hair, it felt relatable "for some reason"(how did i not realize i was trans holy shit) 

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

the great urban, not quite urban legend. 

ren and stimpy was a different kind of weird. like, quasi-grotesque, very much like a boil on society's arse. and yet, some truly disturbing *and wonderful commentary of society, as a whole. 

i think this may have been brought up before. 

but some of the best, bizzarro-too-strange to be weird, and so so so very much pleasurable :

liquid television. 

Edited by discolé monade

1 hour ago, Lynnrael said:

holy shit i was just thinking about as told by Ginger the other day! i was wondering why I've not really seen anyone bring it up when talking about old cartoons. i really liked that show, from what i can remember of it (which isn't much tbh). but it was cool to have a show with a curly haired girl lead that talked about dealing with curly hair, it felt relatable "for some reason"(how did i not realize i was trans holy shit) 

it hit home for me. single mum and 2 , the oldest almost at ginger's age, and facing divorce. 

of COURSE as soon as i started liking it, she hated it, but...that's mother/daughter dynamics, sometimes. 

• Like 1

I'm also re-watching Rugrats  i just came to realize the parents in that so and most other adults are very incompetent dealing with you know watching children making sure they stay safe.

Also Angelica  is a bitch or even worse a Karen

Edited by ghostrek

1 hour ago, ghostrek said:

I'm also re-watching Rugrats  i just came to realize the parents in that so and most other adults are very incompetent dealing with you know watching children making sure they stay safe.

Also Angelica  is a bitch or even worse a Karen

the 'urban legend' on that is, that angelica is borderline paranoid schizophrenia. and that the children are dead, other than dill and suzie, for varying reasons. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

the 'urban legend' on that is, that angelica is borderline paranoid schizophrenia. and that the children are dead, other than dill and suzie, for varying reasons. 

I have heard of that fan theory before kind of dark but yeah it seemed became a creepypasta I heard about it when It was a theory but I think it became a creepy pasta somehow  

• Like 1