UnevenEdge

Dating is hard in 2023

4 hours ago, UnDeRwOrlDpRiNcEsS said:

I could just prefer poop indifferent instead of regular indifferent. :RoboAngry:

Fair enough.

Some reasoning: It’s hard because the people out there are the leftovers from the main course. Especially for introverts.

Speaking as someone with a Y-chromosome, I’m happy that the ladies are wanting higher quality things and their standards have increased. Having said that, they have to remember that OUR standards have increased, too. Especially when it comes to consent. A lot of guys won’t bother approaching you anymore because they don’t want to be seen as aggressive, desperate, or worse, creepy. One wrong word or accidental touch is straight disaster. It’s become so tough that many guys won’t even bother anymore. Even if consent is gained, it’s used as a weapon if something goes bad.

Also, a lot of ladies out there are trying to cash checks they don’t have the funds for. A lot of guys are trying to pay for things that are above their pay grade. Case in point, I met someone who expected me to do everything for them. They said they brought themselves to the table. That’s not enough. You can’t expect me to invest in an asset that is past prime with even more diminishing returns. Having said that, as an elder millennial, I’m also seeing that it’s tough because I work full time (and at night), and scheduling is an issue.

Edited by lupin_bebop
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lupin_bebop said:

Fair enough.

Some reasoning: It’s hard because the people out there are the leftovers from the main course. Especially for introverts.

Speaking as someone with a Y-chromosome, I’m happy that the ladies are wanting higher quality things and their standards have increased. Having said that, they have to remember that OUR standards have increased, too. Especially when it comes to consent. A lot of guys won’t bother approaching you anymore because they don’t want to be seen as aggressive, desperate, or worse, creepy. One wrong word or accidental touch is straight disaster. It’s become so tough that many guys won’t even bother anymore. Even if consent is gained, it’s used as a weapon if something goes bad.

Also, a lot of ladies out there are trying to cash checks they don’t have the funds for. A lot of guys are trying to pay for things that are above their pay grade. Case in point, I met someone who expected me to do everything for them. They said they brought themselves to the table. That’s not enough. You can’t expect me to invest in an asset that is past prime with even more diminishing returns. Having said that, as an elder millennial, I’m also seeing that it’s tough because I work full time (and at night), and scheduling is an issue.

Damn .... you told that lady her coochie is past its prime to her face??? 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wt879jcjonzwiyyva4

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Well if his intent was to end it and tell her off, which it seems like to me it was...

So ... what you're saying is its okay to be like .... "and your dick is trash" on the way out then? 

oprah-squinting.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vamped said:

"Asset that's past its prime" sounds problematic to me though if I'm being honest 

michael-scott-no.gif

Kudz said she can't get that paper on the block and he ain't putting up with no ho that can't get on that stroll.

He's on that pimp shit....he owns a goddamned massage table or some shit....regular dudes don't have those.

*Thinks back....he did tell us his dad wanted to borrow his massage table to knock some trim down, didn't he*

• Haha 6

dating is hard because consent is too important? I'm sorry, what the fuck? 

the reason dating is harder is the same reason everything sucks more: we live in an increasingly commodified society where dating and sex are products, while any and all of our traditional forms of building community and socializing have been stripped away by capitalism. workplaces have always been alienating, but that is getting worse and worse and the rest of our society is also increasingly alienated. we used to have public spaces where it was considered normal to go and just hang out, but those are being commodified too, and social interaction without spending money is becoming more difficult to do. meanwhile almost all of us have to work more and spend more of our life worrying about survival. 

dating is hard because we live in a capitalist dystopian hell hole. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

no, the fuck, he is not!

Oh shit, that was lupin. 

I didn't even read that post, I was just replying to vamped and have no clue how I got kudasai out of it.

I gotta stop coming here first thing in the morning, and I was pretty baked because I didn't have shit to do today except go to the Dr.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Oh shit, that was lupin. 

I didn't even read that post, I was just replying to vamped and have no clue how I got kudasai out of it.

I gotta stop coming here first thing in the morning, and I was pretty baked because I didn't have shit to do today except go to the Dr.

Thought you just wanted to randomly remind everybody that Kudasai's dad definitely smashed that woman on his massage table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

dating is hard because consent is too important? I'm sorry, what the fuck? 

Consent is too hard .... you just go up to em and grab em by the genitals to see if their assets are past their prime 

giphy.gif

Sorry ma'am but that coochie's a lil expired

Unfortunately sir .... that dick has gone bad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Oh shit, that was lupin. 

1508398363_wakeandbake.jpg.10c22644dd827f93f86b19ba61655fd1.jpg

"You can’t expect me to invest in an asset that is past prime with even more diminishing returns.

yes that was lupin droppin'....whatever that was.

and as i stated.

no. the fuck. he is not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Dating is so bad in this country we should go back to having arranged marriages.

/sarcasm

Okay ... let's do it. 

We'll trade you Ghostrek to do with as you wish for like .... one corgi puppy and .... uh .... a bag of Ruffles 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Okay ... let's do it. 

We'll trade you Ghostrek to do with as you wish for like .... one corgi puppy and .... uh .... a bag of Ruffles 

As long as that bag of ruffles is cheddar and sour cream flavored or flaming hot cheddar and sour cream flavored, I’m in!

:LithiumSmileyLMAO:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

the reason dating is harder is the same reason everything sucks more: we live in an increasingly commodified society where dating and sex are products, while any and all of our traditional forms of building community and socializing have been stripped away

This. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Lupin got the INCEL thing going strong.  He's even using words wrong and shit.

Who is using words wrong?
You definitely are here, but then again, correcting your thought process is none of my business, so I apologize you think that. 

• Like 1

Can your friends set you up?  

The apps sound horrible.  It seems like people wouldn’t want to spend the time to get to know someone because they can always swipe for someone else.  What’s it called (?), choice paralysis or whatever.  

Although I have a couple of friends who met their husbands on apps but I don’t know which ones and this was a long time ago.

Edited by eklipse

39 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Cool.  Well, now I really want to know what these “past prime assets” are.  I mean if it’s her wit, maybe you shouldn’t be trawling the dementia ward my dude.

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522uyqxrfin6hushaqoy

We all know what it is 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gemini said:

As long as he's not a Slytherin. lol (Also, I hope you have a sister, ghostrek.)

ghostreks's weiner is a slytherin 

[please dismiss, I had to type it because I couldn't get it out of my head]

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Did you really, in fact, know I was alluding to Ghostrek’s insanely huge assets?

Yes, i did, actually.

Come on, scoob. I know I can act rather obtuse sometimes, but "his magic wand" is just too obvious.

Edited by Gemini
lol majic?