UnevenEdge

Shout Out Your ASMBer Pals!

Raptorpat

I wasn't as active on [AS] as I have been here, and even then, I haven't popped in to post in quite a minute. Didn't even join [AS] until 2010.

That being said, I enjoy the company here on UEMB when I do pop on. I just wish that ye olde [AS] hadn't been totally axed to oblivion 7 years ago. There were some cool members there I had good conversations with who aren't active here. I only remember one of them, though: AlucardSexyGhost.

• Like 3

Giving BIG UPS to these special boys. 

RaptorPat

SwimOdin

ramo200

TotallyRad

kivaturi

panic

I Am Jacks STD

insane fox

pushkin

Malon Loves Link

Anti Chris

dudeco

ghostrek

lunarnoodle

tritelight

verpetas

Big Bear

eklipse

MrMojoRisin

Comrad

Reefer-Is-My-Friend

CaliDave43

Poseidon

Gary

Barnabas

Alyssa

robert

Edited by KaptKrunch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 5/28/2023 at 3:17 PM, tsar4 said:

Just remembered a couple of ASMB Jukies from LastFM - have either Karate Pop or fvgazi shown up?

Karatepop is in Canada.  She had two young ones, the last I heard from her, but that was years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Omg I did! I used pink and comic sans. I apologize. 😅

Haha don’t apologize! Pink is a great color 💓

I just came back (posted for first time last weekend) and I can sorta recall the old boards.  Like how Sparks still has that animal avatar 😂 

Anyways @romana is here!  You can find her in the UnevenBar (in General Discussion board) or just around. 

Edited by eklipse
Moar specifics
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 9:43 PM, KaptKrunch said:

RaptorPat

SwimOdin

ramo200

TotallyRad

kivaturi

panic

I Am Jacks STD

insane fox

pushkin

Malon Loves Link

Anti Chris

dudeco

ghostrek

lunarnoodle

tritelight

verpetas

Big Bear

eklipse

MrMojoRisin

Comrad

Reefer-Is-My-Friend

CaliDave43

Poseidon

Gary

Barnabas

Alyssa

robert

ghostrek thank @KaptKrunch

Edited by ghostrek
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Haha don’t apologize! Pink is a great color 💓

I just came back (posted for first time last weekend) and I can sorta recall the old boards.  Like how Sparks still has that animal avatar 😂 

Anyways @romana is here!  You can find her in the UnevenBar (in General Discussion board) or just around. 

Another [as] friend told me she was so one of the first things I did was follow @romana like a stalker. 😶

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Another [as] friend told me she was so one of the first things I did was follow @romana like a stalker. 😶

Romana's good people. Always has been. I always appreciated her knowledge on Doctor Who.

Also, nice avatar! I remember Witch Hunter Robin. Wish it had gotten played more back in the day.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Romana's good people. Always has been. I always appreciated her knowledge on Doctor Who.

Also, nice avatar! I remember Witch Hunter Robin. Wish it had gotten played more back in the day.

Thanks! It started slow so I think people kind of got bored. I got my husband to watch it though! 

They were talking about making a live action version at some point. I was obsessed but obviously it never happened which is probably for the best haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

Thanks! It started slow so I think people kind of got bored. I got my husband to watch it though! 

They were talking about making a live action version at some point. I was obsessed but obviously it never happened which is probably for the best haha.

True. I mean when your first episode includes a baddie whose "witch power" is sliding his hand across the floor resulting in his targets tripping, it's gonna start slow.

I once upon a time had an alt on the old boards named RUSHNewWorldMan and the avatar was of that one dude with the long black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail except for two long strands of bangs on either side. (I forgot the character's name, unfortunately. You might know it. He was the main male protagonist of the show.) Anyway, I wish I had kept that avatar. I'd use it right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of old users with WHR avatars, I remember Christine_0501 had one of Robin. I believe she said it was because it closely reflected how she looked IRL. (Except her hair was black and she wore glasses IRL.) She was my first proper board crush. (And nothing came of it, which is okay. I hope and pray she's doing well.) (I have a pretty good memory for a 41-year-old. lol)

Edited by Gemini

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

True. I mean when your first episode includes a baddie whose "witch power" is sliding his hand across the floor resulting in his targets tripping, it's gonna start slow.

I once upon a time had an alt on the old boards named RUSHNewWorldMan and the avatar was of that one dude with the long black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail except for two long strands of bangs on either side. (I forgot the character's name, unfortunately. You might know it. He was the main male protagonist of the show.) Anyway, I wish I had kept that avatar. I'd use it right now.

Ohhh, Amon? 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

I was a teen when WHR came out so my perception was appropriately juvenile. Now I'm 10 years older than Amon and I'm like, "She's too young for you!" 😅

I was 21, I think, when it premiered on [as] and I could tell that their hooking up was gonna be a bad idea. 😅

Okay, I'm going to give a shout out to the Commodore, my fellow naves Captains and the shipmates aboard the Black Bird Fleet.

Commodore Diabolical_Jazz

First Mate DrPheelgood & his summoned monster Fullmetal_Zombie

Captains Thisidiot & -post_flood-

Lieutenants hybritical, Kamitsukai_Abarai, HackerEdward & no_ones_puppet

Midshipmen Mr_Crimson, Alchemy_Dude, Ronin_356, mikeysc & distillery officer SwimOnLand

Crewmembers JustinOther, Shake_man, Z_Ro617, Cidthekittyisfun, AngelicScarsxXx, Spekinzidoich, bandi-g, Dark_Vice, World_Wide, -Arachnomancer-, KrazyAce17, LucidNightmare, myname

And lastly The Messenger Blayze2k

Edited by Vela
I mistakenly said 'fellow shipmates' when my alt is/was a Captain. Technicalities.

hello everyone

I've had an account here but I always forget to post as I'm in grad school and busy.

I kept up with several of my ASMB buddies through the years thankfully, I think I joined in roughly 2009? that was the first year I was able to skim off my neighbor's internet. mostly hung out in the Metalocalypse boards with folks like holkimcardie and faustishlurve, and a bunch of people who I mostly know now by their irl names. 

FunkyBranca, 55, and some of my other buddies made a spinoff forum on some other site after one of our friends got banned for some reason we thought was unfair. we called it the pillow fort and it stuck around for a few years. 

I still hear from buddyroe and duzi on FB, zetacoes/FunkyBranca and 55 and dangermatthew (I think that was his forum name). I even ended up visiting faustish from the Metalocalypse boards and they visited me a few times too. I forget their forum names but I still hear from a few of the folks who were active in the Dethklok Gears group too. like with most folks, my main issue is that I know them by their irl names more these days lol

thanks to buddyroe for giving me the heads up on the 20th anniversary too c:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mogar said:

hello everyone

I've had an account here but I always forget to post as I'm in grad school and busy.

I kept up with several of my ASMB buddies through the years thankfully, I think I joined in roughly 2009? that was the first year I was able to skim off my neighbor's internet. mostly hung out in the Metalocalypse boards with folks like holkimcardie and faustishlurve, and a bunch of people who I mostly know now by their irl names. 

FunkyBranca, 55, and some of my other buddies made a spinoff forum on some other site after one of our friends got banned for some reason we thought was unfair. we called it the pillow fort and it stuck around for a few years. 

I still hear from buddyroe and duzi on FB, zetacoes/FunkyBranca and 55 and dangermatthew (I think that was his forum name). I even ended up visiting faustish from the Metalocalypse boards and they visited me a few times too. I forget their forum names but I still hear from a few of the folks who were active in the Dethklok Gears group too. like with most folks, my main issue is that I know them by their irl names more these days lol

Oh damn, I forgot about the pillow fort until this moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoverDemon said:

Oh damn, I forgot about the pillow fort until this moment.

I know, right? the week it got started I was on vacation and I was so excited about the fort that I stayed in the house instead of going to the beach and my family made fun of me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mogar said:

feel free to let anyone you keep in touch with know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogar said:

hello everyone

Hey! I don't know you, but you seem like good people. So welcome. Also, the Pillow Fort sounds fun. Is it still around? (Sorry, Pat, but I had to ask. Don't @ me.)

5 hours ago, mogar said:

hello everyone

hey that says my name in it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemini said:

Hey! I don't know you, but you seem like good people. So welcome. Also, the Pillow Fort sounds fun. Is it still around? (Sorry, Pat, but I had to ask. Don't @ me.)

it doesn't, nah. it went untouched for around 10 years I believe and I wound up getting rid of it completely a year or two ago (I was admin-slash-owner over there). it was fun but we all seemed to have moved on. the old ASMB and the folks I became friends with back then were awesome. still miss it sometimes 

Edited by funky_branca
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 9:43 PM, KaptKrunch said:

RaptorPat

SwimOdin

ramo200

TotallyRad

kivaturi

panic

I Am Jacks STD

insane fox

pushkin

Malon Loves Link

Anti Chris

dudeco

ghostrek

lunarnoodle

tritelight

verpetas

Big Bear

eklipse

MrMojoRisin

Comrad

Reefer-Is-My-Friend

CaliDave43

Poseidon

Gary

Barnabas

Alyssa

robert

Holy shit I made Kapt’s list I am genuinely fucking giddy right now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

07 is about the earliest i can remember you so i think you are correct. 

im pretty sure we just got along almost immediately :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Like within my first post...I was taking waffle orders and you told me to get back in the kitchen where I belong...then I photoshopped you eating a baby's head and the rest is history :D xD

Edited by Vela
omg...I wonder if I can find the image...I just thought of one place I can look!
  • Haha 4

After lurking here, I remember a few more names of some folks I was super fond of:

Anani

DragonBeard

UnCommon23

ballinduh

RogueApocalypse

Sabby (I forget her asmb name but she knows who she is, assuming she comes here)

Luuv (Rest in Paradise)

Adamska 

I started in 03/04, took a hiatus then came back around 07/08, so forgive me if I’ve left anyone out  once I remember more I’ll post ‘em lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vela said:

Like within my first post...I was taking waffle orders and you told me to get back in the kitchen where I belong...then I photoshopped you eating a baby's head and the rest is history :D xD

this is exactly how it happened. i was still immature back then so im glad you were able to stick with it. you had me rolling with your photoshop. loved the ridiculousness of it. 

• Thanks 1