UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

It’s way too early to even think this, but this seemingly has gone shockingly well for democrats. Perhaps election cycles and campaigns are too long?

Absolutely they are too long.  From start to finish candidates and nominees should only get 6 months. That way politicians can do their jobs instead of spending half their time campaigning 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Belize said:

Just imagine: not forcing yourself to think about politics and instead focusing on other interests.

I might even like Master-debater if we both enjoyed playing Helldivers 2 or Lethal Company. 

Additional thought of this: Other interests like, did you know the TMNT and Naruto are going to be doing a crossover comic series this fall?

Yes, that's very cool and when Harris wins, I am going to be all over it. But I have to make sure we aren't living in an authoritarian hellscape before I can enjoy anything.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Elon is officially reneging on the whole 45 mil for Trump a month pledge.

He's claiming the media misinterpreted him LOL

Sure they did.

I betcha that was an attempt to protect his car business from Project 2025.  Now that the Dems have a chance again, there’s no need to spend extra.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jman said:

Sure they did.

I betcha that was an attempt to protect his car business from Project 2025.  Now that the Dems have a chance again, there’s no need to spend extra.

Two likely possibilities -

1. Someone pointed out that MAGAt hillbillies don't spend money on anything they can't hang truck nuts from. And that goes double for those 'cybertrucks' that look like that Paco Rabanne Phantom cologne bottle f*cked a stepped on pop can.

2. Someone pointed out that if he's suddenly got real money to spend on a 'billionaire', then he'll have to pay the taxes on that real money. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the idea, that i was alive for the 1st black president. 

the first woman (and of color) VP*

and the (hopeful) 1st woman president. and of color. 

my oh my....the tides, they are a changing. her speeches are strong (but aren't most promising candidates?)

the flip side is a lot of 'articles' i'm reading tout back to hollywood being a severely strong influence in all this. eh...i suppose don't look at a horse with gifted teeth in the arse. 

Edited by discolé monade
see how d.a.r.e. failed us.
  • Like 1

So, while watching Akane Recaps on YouTube (because Scoob likes to cheer with the rest of Alabama) I got bombarded with Kamala Harris ads.  She's going hard for the weebs right out of the gate, and I like it.

I'm a sucker for symbolism so . . . pardon me if this is gonna come off as profoundly stupid. Christopher Columbus sailed the the ocean in search of a route to India. The Native Americans eventually gained the nickname of Indians. And of course, the founding of this country depended heavily on black slavery. This is all common knowledge to Americans.

Here is something not that well known: George Washington had no biological children. His wife had children from a previous marriage. He is considered the father of this country, and Biden stepping down echoes his sentiments about the transference of power. Harris has no biological children of her own, but married a man with children from a previous marriage.

This country is a legacy of the British Empire, and they once occupied India. Indian Americans are now the most successful ethnic group of people in this country. They are about to surpass Chinese Americans in population, making them the most common Asian Americans.

Extremely powerful symbolism with Harris, just saying.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Belize said:

I'm a Harris campaign volunteer in Georgia now. I'm motivated by the logic if she wins here, she will be president and I don't have to worry. 

geo.png.4e960c24be58d42b321e065468e6a5d8.png

Now I get why you’re so fervent.  If I lived in Georgia, I think I would lose my mind too.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Insipid said:

Here is something not that well known: George Washington had no biological children. His wife had children from a previous marriage. He is considered the father of this country, and Biden stepping down echoes his sentiments about the transference of power. Harris has no biological children of her own, but married a man with children from a previous marriage.

And yet, some on the right are apparently trying to attack Kamala for having no biological children.  

Is it run of the mill misogyny, or are they just too stupid to know that George Washington himself had the same kind of family structure as Harris?  Or a mix of both?  You decide!  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Belize said:

I'm a Harris campaign volunteer in Georgia now. I'm motivated by the logic if she wins here, she will be president and I don't have to worry. 

geo.png.4e960c24be58d42b321e065468e6a5d8.png

I live in Wisconsin, so I completely understand your logic.  🥲

I grew up in solid red states so being in an actual swing state is a whole different political experience.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jman said:

They really thought that Joe would fall on his sword and that would be it.  

I honestly think they thought that if ANYTHING happened to Biden, they'd become President automatically by default like if something happens to Miss America, the runner-up gets the crown. None of that pesky election stuff. :disassociate:

• Like 2

Earlier polls I have seen still show Harris trailing in the swing states but two things

1 the poll is now almost a week old and 2 though still trailing her numbers were better than Biden’s

I think if she and other Dems can get the economy message out there and specifically what it means for the average person she can definitely win.   Dems just suddenly have to get good at doing things they are notoriously horrible at. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

It's over guys they got her

bafkreigpil4h4jnrzluv5dvm7qoprifontjjdij77f7scn42hrmvx2mf3q.jpg

lol this is what I was saying with the nickname thing they just keep highlighting the coolest most popular stuff about her.  They’re completely misunderstanding the assignment and I’m totally good with that 😆

• Like 4

2 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

It's over guys they got her

bafkreigpil4h4jnrzluv5dvm7qoprifontjjdij77f7scn42hrmvx2mf3q.jpg

Yep, it's over.

The dude that's so proud to be an American that he runs to a foreign country when his electricity shits the bed and blames his kids when he gets caught is absolutely my go-to for breaking important noise. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3