UnevenEdge

The Economy!!

Sawdy

So inflation rate of 9.1% was released, but this isn’t a true representation and certainly not what we ar experiencing as a population in every day spending.

inflation is more like 12.9% versus 9.1%.

Using a real-time measurement for housing inflation, the Case-Shiller Index, in place of OER (owners' equivalent rent) – a very slow-moving index introduced in 1982 – measures the real inflation people are experiencing.

The problem with the on-going narrative people are seeing is really looking to impact the left in the presidency and trying to tie the media to it to control the election cycle….

”it’s all bullshit folks, and it’s bad for you” - George Carlin 

1D923BDC-4919-4090-8EA9-7FC1B2968CFA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The inflation rate is much worse than reported, but it isn’t because of the actions of Biden… not directly anyways… 💯 involves record profits for corporations and shitty fucking pay for workers…

for those in the back that aren’t paying attention, inflation has nothing to do with the cost of goods in our current state…. 

follow the fucking money.

• Thanks 2

I remember reading somewhere that about 40 percent of Americans are currently spending more than they earn. Most of these people are relying on varying degrees of government subsidies, but a lot are just going further into debt, and the number of people having to become indebted is increasing day by day. This is unsustainable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I remember reading somewhere that about 40 percent of Americans are currently spending more than they earn. Most of these people are relying on varying degrees of government subsidies, but a lot are just going further into debt, and the number of people having to become indebted is increasing day by day. This is unsustainable.

You right

The economy is a notorious political bell-weather.  It ends up being a high-stakes shell game for whichever side wants to wield it like a cudgel:  there are so many data points to follow that bad faith actors can easily point to the one that they can tie back to their intended target while ignoring all of the other relative data points.

Unfortunately, inflation being worse than reported means that average voters are being hurt even more, and they're not likely to look to individual companies for relief.

Just now, scoobdog said:

The economy is a notorious political bell-weather.  It ends up being a high-stakes shell game for whichever side wants to wield it like a cudgel:  there are so many data points to follow that bad faith actors can easily point to the one that they can tie back to their intended target while ignoring all of the other relative data points.

Unfortunately, inflation being worse than reported means that average voters are being hurt even more, and they're not likely to look to individual companies for relief.

But as annual review for wage increases comes around, if they are hitting you with… 1.5% that’s the best we can do…

find a new job… or unionize… idk… I’m fortunate that I’m not in that space and I negotiate my contract every three years… my folks are all getting record wage increases this year, and I demanded it based on project spending (where we were able to negotiate total spending much less than the SOW stated) 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Setting a proper living wage has been neglected for way too long.

It hasn't been neglected; it's all by design. This is where decades of union-busting has led us.

I'm starting to think America may never recover. It was economically strong in the 50s and 60s because the rest of the world was still rebuilding from having their infrastructure ravaged by WW2. Now you got boomers alive who remember that time, and they are voting and in power and just don't realize they were mainly born in the right time at the right place.

I think having a younger electorate who can relate more to present struggles may be a good start.

2 hours ago, Insipid said:

It hasn't been neglected; it's all by design. This is where decades of union-busting has led us.

I'm starting to think America may never recover. It was economically strong in the 50s and 60s because the rest of the world was still rebuilding from having their infrastructure ravaged by WW2. Now you got boomers alive who remember that time, and they are voting and in power and just don't realize they were mainly born in the right time at the right place.

I think having a younger electorate who can relate more to present struggles may be a good start.

I was given shit in for this btw… ageism or some stupid shit

Edited by Sawdy

4 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

Then there is this play happening and a lot of people aren’t paying attention to it, but everyone is going to feel this impact.

A19D850A-463B-42FB-AC11-EB1949D8649D.png

The fact that it’s perfectly legal for corporations to do this really pisses me off.   I understand this is America but gotfuckindammit there needs to be laws preventing corporations from pricing people out of homes and artificially setting the market rate for rents and property values through the roof.  Corporations need to be taxed at 80% after the shit they pulling during covid 

• Like 6

No risk on the corporation’s as if they get caught with their pants down (over leveraged and unable to move the inventory or boxed out of rental markets) they will simply be bailed out and blackrock has their dicks in a lot of cookie jars so they would likely be deemed “too big to fail”

it’s almost like we didn’t learn shit from 2008

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

"You will own nothing and you will be happy"

-Klaus Schwab

"You will post political propaganda on a dying cartoon message board where nobody likes nor respects you for the rest of your life and will remain a sad, angry person the whole time." - Ginguy's mom/boss

Edited by naraku360
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's hard finding a good token friend these days.

Token or Tolkien?

I’ll see myself out damn gif didn’t work oh well just pretend he’s going back into the pot field 💩

DC4742FA-FE77-460E-B1D9-1E6799C3AA21.jpeg

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s disgusting how the GOP is exploiting him.  

He's smart enough to exploit people for his own means, so I don't feel pity for him though he need to see a doctor. They're now running ads where it's coherent people describing his job, and then he comes in at the end with, "I'm blah blah blah, and I support this message."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DragonSinger said:

He's smart enough to exploit people for his own means, so I don't feel pity for him though he need to see a doctor. They're now running ads where it's coherent people describing his job, and then he comes in at the end with, "I'm blah blah blah, and I support this message."

If he believes any of the batshit stuff he says he needs help 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I do feel bad for him.

he’s the product of an industry that basically is the same as coal miners, albeit better paid… but equally represented as shit…

he is led to the fucking slaughterhouse in what his handlers want him to portray… and he’s becoming just a figure that can speak for a very fucking under represented group of people…

the right will say… “see! He gets it…. He’s one of us!” 

I hate America.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

CTE doesn't explain away his desire to be adored and his willingness to sell out to do it.  It's not exactly comparable, but there are a few GOP Latina candidates in Texas along the border region that espouse their credentials as minorities while shilling the pro-life anti-woman bullshit that runs counter to their best interest.  People can and will trade values for even a bit of power, and, as sad as it is to see Herschel make a fool of himself because of cognitive decline, he isn't in that position to be exposed unwillingly.

7 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

The poors are just lazy, be real.

You know how many yachts I was able to buy with that stimulus check? So many yachts. One of them is so big that they'll have to remove a portion of the Great Wall in China to get it to the sea. They tried to claim that was some sort of historical monument but all I had to do was scream 'STIMULUS MONEY YACHT, BITCHES!' and that was the end of that. 

I just continue to work in a sick zone for the 90's irony nostalgia. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

You know how many yachts I was able to buy with that stimulus check? So many yachts. One of them is so big that they'll have to remove a portion of the Great Wall in China to get it to the sea. They tried to claim that was some sort of historical monument but all I had to do was scream 'STIMULUS MONEY YACHT, BITCHES!' and that was the end of that. 

I just continue to work in a sick zone for the 90's irony nostalgia. 

Do you know how much cocaine I could have put up my nose to not feel the fucking weight of the entire debt universe coming down on me ?

$600…. 10 grams… if memory serves me

• Thanks 1

I'm not taking jingo's side, and I'm sure that pic represents something other than what I'm assuming, but my pea brain sees this as accurate....They floated yall a few stacks in the 20s and 21s and now they are taking that shit back 10 fold .

Now I'm sure the actual pic would be described as libtards getting owned....Woke and broke or some shit.  Trump paid us and Biden is taxing us.

The full extent of how much taxpayer money was funneled into various Trump holdings might never be fully known. He was supposed to sign all filed financial disclosures but often balked at the idea of actually putting his signature down on something that would and could be used to smack him in the ass later. But it was very well known that he charged during his administration and continues to charge the government for the Secret Service detail that accompanies him to his shitty golf resorts. Hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars directly into his pocket every time he went to hide in Mar-a-Lago during his very busy, no vacations allowed because Obama golfed that one time in Hawaii, presidency.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...