UnevenEdge

My dad had an interesting talk with me just a few minutes ago

Doom Metal Alchemist

I recently got a decent sized raise and because of that I've been considering moving out of my parents' house. The chief reason I wanted to move out is because I really want to start dating and having sex, and I was very confident me having pre-marital sex would cause my mom to freak out.

My parents know I've been looking around for affordable places to live in areas of town that are generally known as safe places to live.... my dad just out of the blue told me he hopes I don't move out soon because the rent I am paying them is helping them out a lot financially. 

See I figured that he wanted me to pay rent just because of the old "well if you're going to stay here, you're going to contribute financially" thing parents do for their grown kids, especially considering how old I am and how almost my entire life I've been financially dependent on them. But now it's come to light they actually have significantly MORE money with me living here and paying rent than they would if I was not living here at all, AND it's apparently it's not just extra disposable income they're getting from me, but money that's really helping out a real financial situation. 

So I told my dad of my concern with my mom freaking out at the thought of me having pre-marital sex in her own house. My dad assured me that should not be an issue, to my surprise.

My other dating-related concern about living with my parents that I did not tell him, is that if I do land some dates and bring women here, they would probably think it pathetic that someone of my age lives with his parents and any dating I do while living here might not go too far because of that. Well, my dad just gave me a great excuse: My dad says he likes me living here paying rent because it helps them out financially. 

So next step: Clean my room because it's a pig sty. Then I can finally make that profile on Bumble.

TL;DR I'm a lot closer to being able to start dating than I thought. Just got to get my room clean.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

There's more to you not getting dates than not having privacy while fucking or needing to play to girls that look down on a guy that lives at home.  Sure, those are legitimate concerns when you actually land a date, but they're not stopping you from actually putting yourself out there.  Rather, they're excuses for you to put off dating all together.

• D'oh 1

Just now, scoobdog said:

There's more to you not getting dates than not having privacy while fucking or needing to play to girls that look down on a guy that lives at home.  Sure, those are legitimate concerns when you actually land a date, but they're not stopping you from actually putting yourself out there.  Rather, they're excuses for you to put off dating all together.

Ok.

• Thanks 1

Dude, run....how significant of an amount are you paying them that they will suffer if you leave. 

I mean if your own parents are charging you like a stack or more to stay at friggin home, then they are screwing you.....if it's less than $500 a month, then I doubt they will genuinely miss it unless they are buying hookers and blow with your money.

This is sus af. Are you gonna be 50, helping your parents stay above water?

But, just so you can hit me with a negative Nancy as well, really sounds like he said it'll be cool to bring chicks home because he knows it'll never happen.

EDIT: this isn't me saying you can't land a girl, but I think your dad knows you have too much stock in not being a disappointment to them and he's using it to control you

Edited by André Toulon

Just now, André Toulon said:

Dude, run....how significant of an amount are you paying them that they will suffer if you leave. 

I mean if your own parents are charging you like a stack or more to stay at friggin home, then they are screwing you.....if it's less than $500 a month, then I doubt they will genuinely miss it unless they are buying hookers and blow with your money.

This is sus af. Are you gonna be 50, helping your parents stay above water?

But, just so you can hit me with a negative Nancy as well, really sounds like he said it'll be cool to bring chicks home because he knows it'll never happen

My dad was first charging me $650, he arrived at that number because that's what my brother was going to charge me to live with him when it looked like I was going to move in with him in Sacramento for a job.

At some point my dad confided in me that my mom's hospital bills were taking a toll financially and mentally, so I offered to up my own rent to $850. 

And believe me, he isn't screwing me. Ain't no way I'll ever find a place around here in a safe area for under $1,000. Even $1,000 is a stretch. Even though it's not the bay area or L.A., it's still CA. I was even planning on asking my dad to up my rent to $1,050 just to see how comfortably I can live on that without risk of being thrown out on my ass if it's too much to afford.

And my dad brought up this conversation out of the blue all on his own, and I'm the one that brought up my concern of dating.

Well, the hospital bill is new info to me and as I said a while back, my niece pays 2k+ for an apartment I can fit in my living room and garage...so I know you can't get a nice place for a stack in Cali, but are they still paying for this house....are you just paying your mom's hospital bills or are you actually paying to help keep this property....will you inherit it...is this an investment, or a hostage situation.

I dunno, really feels like they need to cut some corners instead of making you a second husband.....but I'm almost certain there is something else being left out, and it's ok....we don't need to know all the deets here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Start by actually doing something about your inferiority complex.

I think I'm doing better in that department, I was able to get a band going (for a long time in my teens and early 20s I refused to look to join or form a band because I felt I wasn't good enough. I was dead wrong, but eh). I even asked a dude who has released full lengths on huge doom metal labels like Shadow Kingdom Records and Rise Above Records to join my at the time fledgling band on drums. I am immensely proud of my music and once it's more complete and polished I have a lot of confidence I can get a real cult following.

I have a lot more confidence in my looks than I used to. I even have abs now, which I've never in my life had before I started my current job.

I did feel "inferior" for living with my parents at my age but my dad just gave me a huge boost with this talk.

Sometimes outside perspectives are needed in cases like these so in what ways would you say I seem to feel inferior?

6 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Well, the hospital bill is new info to me and as I said a while back, my niece pays 2k+ for an apartment I can fit in my living room and garage...so I know you can't get a nice place for a stack in Cali, but are they still paying for this house....are you just paying your mom's hospital bills or are you actually paying to help keep this property....will you inherit it...is this an investment, or a hostage situation.

I dunno, really feels like they need to cut some corners instead of making you a second husband.....but I'm almost certain there is something else being left out, and it's ok....we don't need to know all the deets here.

They are still paying the mortgage. Will I inherit the house? Honestly that would be pretty cool, provided they actually pay it off before my dad dies (I'm 100% sure me or one of my brothers will have to take my mom in if my dad dies first, and I'm the only relative left in this town). Regardless if my money is going to hospital bills or the mortgage I am happy to contribute. Honestly I assumed I was burdening them by being here so it's a relief I'm not. I would not call it a hostage situation because the main issue I want to move out was just revealed to not be an issue at all (having pre-marital sex in my parents' house). Couple that with I STILL don't think I can even afford a place where I'd want to live right now.

Ok, I'll just abandon the whole moving out thing since you all seem to like the situation...

Now let's move on....why do you need your parents house for sex ...get a hotel room....even when I lived at home, I think I had sex in my mom's house twice whiles she was actually at home and it was a last resort kinda thing.....not sure that this is really what's stopping you....

I'm not going to get all armchair like Scoob did, but I feel like even with the green light, this isn't going to change much.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Ok, I'll just abandon the whole moving out thing since you all seem to like the situation...

Now let's move on....why do you need you parents house for sex ...get a hotel room....even when I lived at home, I think I had sex in my mom's house twice whiles she was actually at home and it was a last resort kinda thing.....not sure that this is really what's stopping you....

I'm not going to get all armchair like Scoob did, but I feel like even with the green light, this isn't going to change much.

Figured my mom would still freak out where I'm going and why. Yes, she's nosey. It don't matter now. Hell, I guess there's no reason not to do this now if I want.

5 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Figured my mom would still freak out where I'm going and why. Yes, she's nosey. It don't matter now. Hell, I guess there's no reason not to do this now if I want.

Break free little one, conquer that sexual Aggro Crag

I always thought you were cool, and seeing you get laid before zeni would prove that maybe.... Karma does exist

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I think I'm doing better in that department, I was able to get a band going (for a long time in my teens and early 20s I refused to look to join or form a band because I felt I wasn't good enough. I was dead wrong, but eh). I even asked a dude who has released full lengths on huge doom metal labels like Shadow Kingdom Records and Rise Above Records to join my at the time fledgling band on drums. I am immensely proud of my music and once it's more complete and polished I have a lot of confidence I can get a real cult following.

I have a lot more confidence in my looks than I used to. I even have abs now, which I've never in my life had before I started my current job.

I did feel "inferior" for living with my parents at my age but my dad just gave me a huge boost with this talk.

Sometimes outside perspectives are needed in cases like these so in what ways would you say I seem to feel inferior?

The ridiculous notion a girl is going to judge you based on your parents is a sign of an inferiority complex. 

my first reaction is dude just move out.  You’re kinda young to be taking care of your parents. with that being said, and because you’re a different type of man creature altogether, the advice below seems sounder….

If it helps your parents and you don’t mind, stay.  If you leave you would  be paying rent and utilities (unless you do that now anyway) your parents know you’re grown.  sex (embarrassing around parents I get it) shouldn’t be that big of a deal  you can just stretch the truth  to any girl you meet.   tell them you had your own place but your mom got sick and they needed your help  if you’re with a female that’s gonna look down on you for that, you don’t want them anyway  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I guess I just saw the common trope of the 34 year old loser who still lives with his mom on TV too many times?

It’s more to it than that.  Those characters are also usually extremely immature or in some other way emotionally stunted.  That’s how that particular plot device works.

9 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

As I said before, I'm sure this isn't as harrowing as it sounds in text form, but you are a grown man....not a 20 year old that just landed into adulthood. I'm all about respecting the parents... especially since you live with them, but I just can't see how anyone 30+ going " later guys, going out for the night" would set off the freak out alarm.

I'm partly confused and fascinated all at once.

But still, my overall ignorance of the situation from an empathic viewpoint just makes me think you just need to get away and grow up a bit....but it's not my call, and if this works, it works.

Just know if this weren't you, but instead ghostie, I would be digging into you like a derrick....an oil derrick, I mean.

• Like 1

It's really whatever you're comfortable with. I don't like not having my own space. Also when my parents get in a bad mood I don't want to be trapped in my room all the time and I like the freedom to do whatever I want. If that's not a concern for you and you're fine living there until you're 50 that's cool. 

It's nice that you want to help your parents out but at the same time, they're adults too. Don't let them guilt you into staying up under them. It sounds like your dad noticed you were serious about moving and had to drop a little guilt on you to dissuade you from taking any further action. 

I never paid my parents rent but I would buy all the groceries or pay the cable bill. My mom had the belief of why charge rent when they'll have to be responsible for the bills anyway when everybody moves out 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I guess I just saw the common trope of the 34 year old loser who still lives with his mom on TV too many times?

Like a lot of tv tropes, that stuff is just consumerist brainpoison tbh. Living with your family is fine, especially if it's to help them out in material ways - right now that means stay financially solvent and keep the house, later it might mean taking care of them in old age. Humans have been doing this for as long as we've been around. 

Are there cons to living with your parents, I mean of course. But a ton of people our age live with their parents, millions & millions *especially* in that overly expensive uniquely classist hellhole where you happen to live (no offense), and plenty of them nevertheless have sex sometimes.

(outside of the home... unless you have a very private, effectively soundproof room, the idea of doing that stuff within earshot of your parents seems awkward to me...but that's just me.)

Sure it's nice to have a place to bring someone back to, just like it's nice to own a car and be able to drive on a date...these things aren't at all necessary pre-requisites. 

Remember my DF thread abt sucking on titties in the back of an Uber. Yeah, that happened bc I went to a bar, got drunk (I know you don't drink, but it really helps with what you're looking for...), ignored the friends I came with and talked to this girl for awhile (who, like my friends, I had met previously bc I habitually left the house and went out in public in the vicinity of my home, to places where people our age go for fun and to get drunk which is what a lot of people do for fun, not thay you have to but again, it really helps...), and after sitting and talking for awhile she asked me to go back to her place, where she lived with roommates... Not with family, but not alone. I didn't even have to drive, let alone have an appropriately clean or private apartment to bring someone back to. 

Will it be difficult for you to live with your parents who are always home and coordinate sex with someone who also lives with their parents who are always home, I mean probably. Are you limited to people who live at home just because you do - not at all! Can you still date them and take them places away from both your homes and have fun - absolutely. 

This is all within your grasp, none of it is being prevented by living with your parents.

I will say it is hard to work a lot like you do and find the time & summon the will on your days off when you're not too tired from working so much to put in the effort to go out without expectations and just look to have fun, let alone doing so enough to where you see the same people repeatedly and develop the kind of friendship and rapport that helps to make yourself seen desirable to another human. But if you really do need to work as much & as hard as you do (which I don't dispute for a second) then all I can say is - Do it anyway.

Go to small businesses that you're into and buy a couple cheap beers and drink them (no you literally won't get too drunk off a couple beers to not be able to legally drive home later - you'll just have to hang out for an hour or two and then you'll be fine), literally just 'hang out,' seek camaraderie and conversation and companionship with whoever is there that is seeking the same thing, or who already has found it and isn't selfish or snobbish about people they don't know, go back again, go a third time, see if the crowd is different, see if the same crowd reacts to you in a different way once they know your face. Go to other places. Find a place you like to go to or had a good time at. Try to repeat it. Go there again. Have some weird convos. Witness some things that you can later talk about having seen. 

Are local bands who play around town at dive bars and then go hang out at even worse adjacent dive bars still a thing out there? Was the $5  $10 local show in CA finally killed off for good by covid? Really hard to believe that. Fuck a zoom show, fuck the "stay at home" mantra the news media keeps hammering into everyone's heads. Literally just ignore that dumb shit. Go to a show, get there early, get a little drunk so you'll be more talkative and less anxious and self-conscious about being alone, stay late, "hang out," see if it's something you enjoy, talk to other dudes about guitars or pedals or whatever y'all musicians talk about, show up again the next weekend, listen to their Bandcamps they tell you about, share yours, maybe play some shows for 10 people, go to the open mic standup you heard about or got invited to or read about online where someone bombs in front of 10 people, find people you connect with there if they exist, go somewhere else the next night even if it's a week night, put off whatever you were otherwise going to do, force a social routine, change it up for no reason, then go back to it after awhile of doing something else, did you miss it, did anyone miss you? 

Sample some of what the incredible population density of where you live & have to pay so much in rent to be a part of truly offers.

Become a member of a community within your local area since you have lived there for so long and plan to continue being around there for a long time to come, go on to have a fulfilling life and continue to hope you get to have some sex along the way like everyone else does, kick yourself over the times you blew it, awkwardly fumble your way into it and wonder how whatever you did possibly worked... since that's what this thread is about - you probably will have some sex at some point, but even if you don't then worst case you still get to meet a lot of people and have dreams about them and have those dreams change you and help your brain learn and grow and have some good fuckin times being just another dummy fumbling around in the world, times that aren't just sitting at home playing video games and watching TV alone & masturbating too much and feeling lonely and repeating days and wondering why you haven't had sex yet and offload the fault of it onto some aspect of your life like living with your parents that doesn't actually need to change in order for you to do most of the things that you would like to do in this, your only life on this sometimes painful, but mostly boring planet. 

Edited by Nabreezy
  • Haha 1
  • D'oh 1

And for what it's worth I regret every day not continuing to live with my parents when I was in my 20s and still lived in the same state/time zone as them and helping them out with the bills. If I had done that instead of moving away to live on my own, maybe I would have regretted it and would be here reading this thread today thinking about all the perceived tittysucking I missed out on because of it. But I've been on my own for most of my adult life and let me tell you, honestly - if I personally could do the last 10 years over again, I would try as much as I could to help convince them into staying in the house of my high school bedroom with me living there and financially contributing toward making that family home work for all of us as a place for us to live together. 

If your parents need your help and you living there helps them, my advice is to stay there and help them as much as you can, and try to find room to sate your natural desires and live a fulfilling life within that situation, while taking care of those responsibilities you feel toward your family. 

It isn't either / or. 

Edited by Nabreezy
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nabreezy said:

Remember my DF thread abt sucking on titties in the back of an Uber. Yeah, that happened bc I went to a bar, got drunk (I know you don't drink, but it really helps with what you're looking for...), ignored the friends I came with and talked to this girl for awhile (who, like my friends, I had met previously bc I habitually left the house and went out in public in the vicinity of my home, to places where people our age go for fun and to get drunk which is what a lot of people do for fun, not thay you have to but again, it really helps...), and after sitting and talking for awhile she asked me to go back to her place, where she lived with roommates... Not with family, but not alone. I didn't even have to drive, let alone have an appropriately clean or private apartment to bring someone back to. 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:49 PM, Nope said:

She called me a little bitch boy multiple times which as a gay male bottom I find to be "homophobic misandrist harassment" if we're just going to throw around these terms like the fucking fake mods want to do, and if you search you can find all genders of users calling other users cunts here on a regular basis over the last several months. 

🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bnmjy said:

🙃

They need to let me back in, this really is some bullshit. But my absence from there isn't my loss in the slightest, so it's w/e to me. I just can't help but worry about how all my content addicts are holding up, forced to gnaw on old bones and scraps, and of course, each other. 

I really don't feel like explaining why I was worried about my mom freaking out because I realized yesterday it's a non-issue, no reason to explain further. 

Nabs, quite a while ago jackiemarie talked about a dating app she was on called Bumble. She said the twist to that app was that the girl asks out the guy. That is something I need to get in on. Just make a profile, sit back, and let (and hope) the messages roll in. If that doesn't work, I have some friends that can go to bars with me to be my wingmen. But even if I go bar hopping, I still can't drink due to my psych meds. They say one drink should be fine, but even one sometimes makes me feel like shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I really don't feel like explaining why I was worried about my mom freaking out because I realized yesterday it's a non-issue, no reason to explain further. 

Nabs, quite a while ago jackiemarie talked about a dating app she was on called Bumble. She said the twist to that app was that the girl asks out the guy. That is something I need to get in on. Just make a profile, sit back, and let (and hope) the messages roll in. If that doesn't work, I have some friends that can go to bars with me to be my wingmen. But even if I go bar hopping, I still can't drink due to my psych meds. They say one drink should be fine, but even one sometimes makes me feel like shit.

You don't need to drink or use substances to find a partner, or go to bars for that matter. I don't think you want to be with someone under the influence while you're sober anyway.

My advice is to not divulge this information here, as you know another argument will probably happen where what you said here will be used against you. Create a throwaway account on reddit and bleed your heart out. More eyes will see what you type, so you have a better and/or worse chance of getting good advice.

28 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

You don't need to drink or use substances to find a partner, or go to bars for that matter. I don't think you want to be with someone under the influence while you're sober anyway.

My advice is to not divulge this information here, as you know another argument will probably happen where what you said here will be used against you. Create a throwaway account on reddit and bleed your heart out. More eyes will see what you type, so you have a better and/or worse chance of getting good advice.

Eh, I haven't said much in this thread I haven't told my irl friends anyway. Also I've not made it a secret here I'm bipolar and on meds. 

As for advice, I'm not really looking for any right now. I just asked scoob for advice, because for whatever reason he chose to take a giant shit on me, so I decided he may as well be constructive about it.

Reminds me of a tik tok the wife was watching the other day, hang on...

https://www.tiktok.com/@elysemyers/video/7016002945082871046

Fuck i hate tiktok, here's the basic text of what she said if you don't want to click the link-

She revealed that she had met a man on a dating app and he had told her: "I like your face, let's go get some food."

She said: "I love food, are you my soul mate?"

He then allegedly told her to drive to his house so they could drive over together. This was the first red flag for her.

Myers continued: "Why didn't we just meet there? I have no idea. I drive 45 minutes to his house and he's standing and he walks up to my car and he goes, 'I've lost my keys, can you drive us there?'

This was the second red flag that let her know this might not be the man for her.

Should I have just left him there and go home? Yes, did I? Absolutely not," she said.

He gets in, starts giving me turn by turn direction. He could have been leading me to an abandoned warehouse and he still would have been like 'Left at this stop.'

"We end up at a Taco Bell which is fine. I'm like 'Dine in or drive-through?' He says drive-through. Great, he has a plan. He then leans over and says 'I would like 100 tacos, thank you.'

"We get to the window and he starts patting his body and I was like 'Did you forget your wallet?'"

He had indeed forgotten it and asked her to pay for their meal, another red flag she ignored.

"I buy the 100 tacos and I asked him where do we go now? and he said 'Back to my house.' Ok, this is happening. I'm committed to this now, it's happening."

She spent $150 on their meal.

She continued: "We go to his house, we walk in, and his dad is on the couch and like, he lives with his dad, it's fine. The hoops I'm teleporting myself to convince myself that this decision is ok.

"Walk past his dad and into the kitchen. And he starts taking out the tacos from the box and releasing them from the box. Puts two chairs at the table, sits down, and screams 'Let's feast!'

"I am just calmly unwrapping my taco and taking a bite of it. We are eating hard shell tacos in complete silence. You can hear both of us chewing, it's chaos.

"The dad walks up, grabs a taco – there's 100, so many to spare – he's eating over us, like standing. Crunches with a mouthful and asked me if I wanted to see his studio.

"I was like 'I have never wanted to see anything less in my entire life.' It was that moment that I decided this date was over and I collected all the tacos because I paid for them. I walk out with boxes of tacos in my purse."

Article copy pasted from The Sun, because apparently a tiktok video is worth writing an article in a major publication about.

3 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Eh, I haven't said much in this thread I haven't told my irl friends anyway. Also I've not made it a secret here I'm bipolar and on meds. 

As for advice, I'm not really looking for any right now. I just asked scoob for advice, because for whatever reason he chose to take a giant shit on me, so I decided he may as well be constructive about it.

Easy.  You didn't say anything about the psych meds before, man.

And, yeah, I was kind of shitting on you.  I mean, we've been having this whole "How we going to get Doomy a chick?" thing for years along with lots of advice.... which gets ignored mostly.  And that's fine and all.  Just not seeing how this is going to be any different.

Edited by scoobdog
  • D'oh 1

3 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Aware that the sun is a tabloid? 

Dude i copypasted an article that just typed out the events of a TikTok while bemoaning the fact that such a thing exists. 

I know its trash and was complaining about it being trash when i first brought it up. 

I got awareness. 

He did say he was sure you were fully aware....

Sorry doomer, you've definitely talked about your medical reason for not drinking before I just forgot somehow. Well try some version of what I said minus drinking. If there's not a cover order diet coke or something? Sucks that you basically always have to buy something just to exist in public damn near. Just find a way to get out and about, everything else will follow. The whole barhopping with wingmen looking to pick up a woman for the night is just foreign and weird to me. Some traveling businessmen sounding shit idk.

Guess I'm trying to give more unsolicited general lifestyle advice that will incidentally lead you to make friends who will fuck you and fulfill you in other ways also than "here's a failsafe method to bed a choice dame" or w/e, but yeah. 

Edited by Nabreezy

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Easy.  You didn't say anything about the psych meds before, man.

I definitely have, nabs seems to remember now that I brought it up. Most of the time I brought it up it the discussion was likely revolving [she who must not be named]'s bipolar escapades. If you just plain don't remember, that is understandable. It is not that noteworthy anyway. Even so, not sure why you even brought up the psych meds, as you weren't pestering me to drink, and the only reason I brought them up is to tell nabs me drinking alcohol ain't a good idea.

And, yeah, I was kind of shitting on you. I mean, we've been having this whole "How we going to get Doomy a chick?" thing for years along with lots of advice.... which gets ignored mostly. And that's fine and all. Just not seeing how this is going to be any different.

Ok, let's discuss how this time it's different....

When did I ask for advice on the romantic front? Asking out that girl at work.... Yes, it took me forever to do it, but I still did it.

How often have i asked for advice outside of that thread? Not much that I can recall.... Almost all of the recent discussions where I "make excuses" are other people quoting me in other people's threads that have nothing to do with sex and responding with the likes of "so doom, how come you're not out getting laid?" And then I say things, and I get accused of making excuses. This time, I'M the one bringing it up, I'm excited about it, and now YOU'RE the one making excuses about how/why I'm not going to do anything. You see the irony here? When I have no interest in discussing it and other people bring it up in unrelated threads I'm accused of making excuses, but now when I'm excited and brining it up on my own those same people accusing me of making excuses are.... making excuses.

The main "excuse" I've always had, that rightly or wrongly, was a legit worry of mine, I literally just stated, "Hey, I was wrong! I have nothing to worry about on that front!"

Furthermore, this isn't even an advice thread. I wasn't looking for any, nor did I ask for any in the OP. It's just a blog post. I got excited and felt like sharing.

• Thanks 1

Regardless of what one parent says, I don't see how someone could stand trying to have sex with their parents in earshot, and I don't think "sit back and wait for someone to message me on a dating app" is at all productive toward what you're trying to accomplish. But that's just me. 

Girl from bumble comes over - "Can we snuggle on the couch and watch some Disney+"

"Sure thing my little bumble bee, let me just take off my khakis and get more comfortable..."

A muffled hacking dad cough reverberates down the hallway 

Bumble girl - "What the fuck was that?!?"

"Oh it's okay, that's just my dad, but don't worry, he said that my mom wouldn't mind at all if she heard us having sex"

A bumblegirl-shaped cartoon poof cloud appears on the couch where she was just sitting, the front door suddenly swinging wildly on its hinges

Idk, not trying to rain on your parade or tell you what to do but that could never be me. A random Uber driver would be a preferable situational voyeur 

Edited by Nabreezy

24 minutes ago, Nabreezy said:

Regardless of what one parent says, I don't see how someone could stand trying to have sex with their parents in earshot, and I don't think "sit back and wait for someone to message me on a dating app" is at all productive toward what you're trying to accomplish. But that's just me. 

Girl from bumble comes over - "Can we snuggle on the couch and watch some Disney+"

"Sure thing my little bumble bee, let me just take off my khakis and get more comfortable..."

A muffled hacking dad cough reverberates down the hallway 

Bumble girl - "What the fuck was that?!?"

"Oh it's okay, that's just my dad, but don't worry, he said that my mom wouldn't mind at all if she heard us having sex"

A bumblegirl-shaped cartoon poof cloud appears on the couch where she was just sitting, the front door suddenly swinging wildly on its hinges

Idk, not trying to rain on your parade or tell you what to do but that could never be me. A random Uber driver would be a preferable situational voyeur 

If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, and I'll try something else.... but this will still be my first course of action. The first meeting won't even NECESSARILY be at my house. Maybe it will be, but maybe she'll want me to come over to her place.... or maybe meet in a public place and have a more traditional date..... Who knows.

12 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, and I'll try something else.... but this will still be my first course of action. The first meeting won't even NECESSARILY be at my house. Maybe it will be, but maybe she'll want me to come over to her place.... or maybe meet in a public place and have a more traditional date..... Who knows.

Drive to a semi private place with a nice view and get high in your car with her and see where things go

Or give a friend $100 so you can use his place for the evening while he's at work or whatever lol. Just anything else. 

But again just me and my own personal hangups talking here, I'm sure it's normal in those multi-generational family homes in Italy and wherever for everyone to fall asleep to the sounds of their mothers and sons fucking and sucking every night.

A very ancient phenomenon, like the opening scene to Apocalypto where the guy gets ushered into his hut by his mother-in-law demanding he get her daughter pregnant, then comes running out moments later to dunk his burning junk into the water while his wife screams in agony and the entire village laughs at their naked plight. So it's really whatever works for you and your family under your shared roof. 

Edited by Nabreezy