UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

6 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Bruh...this is how someone would get shot.

After I moved back to my home town, my spinster aunt decided that it would be great to type up all of Grandma's recipes (my job, because computer). No problem - just give me the recipes.

But no. She has to copy them by hand and give them to me, because I won't be able to read Grandma's writing. (Bitch, please. At this point, I've been reading doctors' handwriting for like 30 years. Unless Grandma was writing in Rapa Nui pictographs or cuneiform, I can read it.) I'm a bit perplexed, but ok.

She had changed the recipes. I know, because I had gotten a bunch of them straight from Grandma before she died,and my aunt had changed them. I don't know where she hid them. We couldn't even find them when we cleaned out her house after she went to the nursing home. But she had totally screwed up about half of them.

True story: she died about seven years ago, and to this day, grass will not grow on her grave.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Granny died and her son's threw all he recipes away. Now we got mfer experimenting with peach cobbler and shit. Fucking thanksgiving and Christmas entrees are catered....this isn't even my family and it pisses me off. Hell you could have given them to me.

Why would they do that?  I might be different because I like to cook, but I would still think you would know better than to do that just for the historical record.

2 hours ago, mthor said:

After I moved back to my home town, my spinster aunt decided that it would be great to type up all of Grandma's recipes (my job, because computer). No problem - just give me the recipes.

But no. She has to copy them by hand and give them to me, because I won't be able to read Grandma's writing. (Bitch, please. At this point, I've been reading doctors' handwriting for like 30 years. Unless Grandma was writing in Rapa Nui pictographs or cuneiform, I can read it.) I'm a bit perplexed, but ok.

She had changed the recipes. I know, because I had gotten a bunch of them straight from Grandma before she died,and my aunt had changed them. I don't know where she hid them. We couldn't even find them when we cleaned out her house after she went to the nursing home. But she had totally screwed up about half of them.

True story: she died about seven years ago, and to this day, grass will not grow on her grave.

Do you know if she did that because she wanted to somehow think of herself as a better cook than your grandma or was it an old-fashioned 'I'm gonna fuck this up so no can have this but me' type of crap?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

Do you know if she did that because she wanted to somehow think of herself as a better cook than your grandma or was it an old-fashioned 'I'm gonna fuck this up so no can have this but me' type of crap?

Six of one, half dozen of the other. She was a mean, bitter woman.

• Like 3

I might be in some trouble…..

I put in for a return on an Amazon order that was not what I needed. I returned it today, then looked at my app. I accidentally submitted a return for a different item than the one I actually returned. That’ll either be seen as fraud or I won’t be getting my money back. Fuck.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Granny died and her son's threw all he recipes away. Now we got mfer experimenting with peach cobbler and shit. Fucking thanksgiving and Christmas entrees are catered....this isn't even my family and it pisses me off. Hell you could have given them to me.

But I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I absolutely do not want to spend the holidays with my family so I guess I'll stfu

see, i made sure to snatch 'mammie's ' recipe book. and she's not my blood, but i loved her, and she was queen cook for the longest time. you wanted a cake, a cobbler, a delight...you came to her. and if you were lucky enough to get a cake for the holidays....oh yeah. 

i haver her recipe for 'cheese cake' and i'm not EVEN going to tell you the secret. but, 'cheese' is a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG stretch by any means. 

that's how those secret recipes stay secret. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I put in for a return on an Amazon order that was not what I needed. I returned it today, then looked at my app. I accidentally submitted a return for a different item than the one I actually returned. That’ll either be seen as fraud or I won’t be getting my money back. Fuck.

There should be a time window where you can undo this in returns or go straight to customer service. At least it was this way last year. Amazon was pretty lenient as long as you fuck up every once in a while and not on a regular basis.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

There should be a time window where you can undo this in returns or go straight to customer service. At least it was this way last year. Amazon was pretty lenient as long as you fuck up every once in a while and not on a regular basis.

Yeah, I chatted with customer service about an hour ago. All they said was wait a few days & see if the company I bought it from contacts me. I bought 2 things that looked pretty much the same. It was an easy fuck up to make. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

If you submit the return for the correct item and Amazon hassles you, speaking from the bank end of credit card disputes, Amazon is absolutely terrible at their responses. Not sure if you used a debit, and that process is outside my scope, but I can comfortably say Amazon claims are one of the most common we get and I rarely go a day without filing several, and while it isn't impossible for us to lose, it's like a couple times a month. I win almost sll of them. Debit disputes are accordingly more difficult, but if they are as competent with debit disputes as they are with credit, then they aren't competent and the bank will probably win so long as you demonstrated a literal bare minimum of good faith.

Your bank can probably deal with it if you need them to. I just recommend contacting Amazon before the bank since that's a standard part of the procedure. Ideally have proof in writing (chat, email) to give the bank and be clear in what the situation is, and even then, writing isn't necessarily required at my bank. It's just helpful to have as much documentation as possible.

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 2

I think I've created the most viscerally unnerving word in human history.

I was trying to think of the female version of ball-busting. Boob.... butt.... bagina......

Are you sure about this?

Spoiler

BLITORIS

Even thinking it is a jumpscare.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, André Toulon said:

The obvious answer is it TV....but you want a technicality here, huh. Well Jerry Stiller wasn't the original father

Well if you want to get technical in Estelle's first appearance in the show she was blonde (same actress though).

I don't remember someone else as Frank, but there was someone else that played Morty Seinfeld that was about -9000% as funny as the guy that ended up with the part.

53 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Well if you want to get technical in Estelle's first appearance in the show she was blonde (same actress though).

I don't remember someone else as Frank, but there was someone else that played Morty Seinfeld that was about -9000% as funny as the guy that ended up with the part.

Well you only saw him if you saw the original NBC run. He was replaced in the DVD releases and syndication 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Well you only saw him if you saw the original NBC run. He was replaced in the DVD releases 

Don't think I've ever seen that, thanks. 

Another case of unfunny parent replaced with funny parent, lol.

If they reshot that with Jerry Stiller, I wonder why they didn't do that with Morty Seinfeld.

40 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Don't think I've ever seen that, thanks. 

Another case of unfunny parent replaced with funny parent, lol.

If they reshot that with Jerry Stiller, I wonder why they didn't do that with Morty Seinfeld.

My guess is the old Morty was mostly only in season 1 (that I recall) and those probably came out on DVD and in syndication before they introduced George's parents ... that's just a guess tho...I have no clue

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

A tale of two stories today. One about a group of writers(including a famous 'activist'), who should know better, jumping onto some AI bullshit, and the second about a not-so-well-known journalist who is dying from complications of cops shooting her eye out at a Black Lives Matter protest. 

This world is just so ugly.

• Sad 2

It's that time of the year when I'm visiting family in Indiana soon and have to look up restaurant health scores on Yelp. God help me. At least Georgia does this one thing well where you gotta post your score on the front somewhere so everyone knows your sins. I still crack up thinking about my family warning me about going to the right Jordan's Fish and Chicken and not the other ones, then right after our trip this hit the news:

That location was honestly a no on sight even if family hadn't told me which ones to avoid. Sometimes you can kind of tell when places have pest problems.

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Like 1