UnevenEdge

What Are You Thinking About?

DragonSinger

18 hours ago, -Kudasai- said:

I swear the final boss in Mega Man X3 has got the hardest boss on the SNES

I wish I was ever able to find that game back when I still played. X and X2 are great games. I think most people thought X was the best in the series (of the SNES ones at least) but I liked X2 more.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

I do plan on being a bigger part of this forum, however.

lately I've been thinking about how I'm financing everything and how lucky I am to have the parents I have. they put a crapton of money in stocks and bonds for me, so much so that I can afford a university education and then pay a heafty downpayment on a house. this thinking (however dry it is) always leads me to the inevitable, the thing that no one wants to think about.

and yes I'm a bit older and going back to school, I'm going to become a psychotherapist first, PHD later or whatever the one before that is. that pays between 50 and 100 thousand in Arkansas (the psychotherapist) and there is a need need for them, so it's not like I'll have a degree without there being a need (yes I'm waiting for Jengo to say something).

but I'm honestly exited about it, I find psychology endlessly fascinating, that and when I figured out what I wanted to be when I grew up I kind of found a bunch of fuel that I never knew that I had before.

that and the town I'm going to school at, hopefully, has a good music scene and you bet I'm going to get another band together

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So the girl is going somewhere with a friend so me and buddy will just be here when he gets off work.

I wonder if I can get him to play thid black desert shit....looks fun but it's also an MMO, so it probably has shit net code and a dead community....only 2 more hour to download.

I can't remember if PS5 has speed caps for downloads.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

So the girl is going somewhere with a friend so me and buddy will just be here when he gets off work.

I wonder if I can get him to play thid black desert shit....looks fun but it's also an MMO, so it probably has shit net code and a dead community....only 2 more hour to download.

I can't remember if PS5 has speed caps for downloads.

Sounds interesting. Is there a version for the PS4?

6 hours ago, Insipid said:

I honestly hate football. I'm watching the Steelers game right now and I hate the tension. They fortunately won, but I can't handle watching this stuff week after week. My life already has enough precariousness. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

*nods in college football fan*

• Like 1

If live action anime adaptations do get more popular, I’m hoping more of them use “real” music.  I know there’s a science to using music to set the mood for trailers, like how The Continental uses Earth, Wind and Fire because it’s a 70s period piece, but I want to see something normally with instrumentals or J-Pop set to Chaka Khan or some instantly identifiable hard rock.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jman said:

If live action anime adaptations do get more popular, I’m hoping more of them use “real” music.  I know there’s a science to using music to set the mood for trailers, like how The Continental uses Earth, Wind and Fire because it’s a 70s period piece, but I want to see something normally with instrumentals or J-Pop set to Chaka Khan or some instantly identifiable hard rock.

I mean, Japan churns them out constantly, I think they've always been popular....or do you just mean the "Netflix" adaptations and the ilk.

I really liked the Japanese live action Death Note and the subsequent movies (not sure if they were the same studio though) but I just couldn't with the Netflix one.

Cro High was pretty bad but I keep it in the shuffle because I liked it.

Jujutsu Kaisen might stay on the unfinished list forever at this point. Manga spoilers are annoying me, and I don't like wasting my time on anime that will piss me off. I wish folks wouldn't rely on killing off important/interesting characters to move the story along because they always end up writing themselves into corners, and the payoff is rarely worth it at the end. 

Relevant video:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

I mean, Japan churns them out constantly, I think they've always been popular....or do you just mean the "Netflix" adaptations and the ilk.

I really liked the Japanese live action Death Note and the subsequent movies (not sure if they were the same studio though) but I just couldn't with the Netflix one.

Cro High was pretty bad but I keep it in the shuffle because I liked it.

Big budget ones.  Netflix is apparently funding them at both ends of the ocean.  Hence my desire for trailers with that “real” music.