UnevenEdge

Have you ever heard this horror story?

Sofa King Kule

3 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

It's closer than you think.

There have been six eruptions since January.  In less than a week, New Jersey dropped from 90 degrees to 40 degrees (Fahrenheit).

I'm saying that there are cycles of things like this.

But you have no idea how long those cycles are. If it's every 200 or 300 years or even longer, it's probably not going to happen in your lifetime, so why would you base a decision around it?

I'm not a volcanologist, and neither are you, so 5 eruptions don't mean anything to me. For all we know, they relieved the pressure that would otherwise cause a giant eruption.

2 minutes ago, abomination said:

volcanic activity does not follow the same ''pattern'' as weather.

volcanic activity is not a weather related issue, just like a landslide or earthquake. 

therefore, the reliability of calling it a pattern is unstable.

Volcanic eruptions impact the weather. 

14 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

How many volcanoes did Wiki site?

There have been six recent eruptions since January, in other volcanoes.  They did louse up the weather in New Jersey.

One eruption in 1815 or 1816 that’s what it mentioned 

9 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Okay... So are you negating the other ones doing the same thing?

Volcanoes erupt all the time. Where's your evidence that these are massive enough to cause temperature drops across huge amounts of land for months on end? Or evidence that the volcanoes you mention are proof that a giant one that could do that is on the way?

1 hour ago, PenguinBoss said:

Volcanoes erupt all the time. Where's your evidence that these are massive enough to cause temperature drops across huge amounts of land for months on end? Or evidence that the volcanoes you mention are proof that a giant one that could do that is on the way?

Just look at what these smaller ones have already done in the last six months.

You think a fory degree drop over a three day time frame in late May, in New Jersey is normal?

29 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

You think a fory degree drop over a three day time frame in late May, in New Jersey is normal?

And you have evidence that the two are connected? Like a scientist saying so and not just because they happened around the same time?

3 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Oh, so this is you trying to rationalize climate change in a way you can understand. In very few ways the mind of a simpleton can be interesting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

And you have evidence that the two are connected? Like a scientist saying so and not just because they happened around the same time?

Okay... So, when you see somebody toss a bowling ball at a windshield, you need a professor to tell you why there's shattered glass inside the car.  Got it.

I keep forgetting that when I enter this forum, I'm often encountering people who can't think for themselves.

• D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Okay... So, when you see somebody toss a bowling ball at a windshield, you need a professor to tell you why there's shattered glass inside the car.  Got it.

I keep forgetting that when I enter this forum, I'm often encountering people who can't think for themselves.

Fuck, you are one of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet.

• Like 2

Natural occurrences that impact climate and weather patterns can’t be controlled. Humans can curb their behavior.  that’s why it’s up to us to not keep adding to the pollution that destroys our environment.  

we all know what you’re really trying to say

”see it’s volcanoes, not people impacting climate” in your universe it seems that all problems are caused by one thing only and not a variety of factors.  

11 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Wait... are you actually trying to say that the volcanic activity in Iceland is somehow related to a temperature drop in AC?

That is functionally impossible and if you knew the first thing about the types of volcanic eruptions, you would know why it's functionally impossible.

8 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

That's a terrible analogy. You did not visibly see the dust from volcanoes drift through the atmosphere and settle over you.

You'll have to excuse if I don't take the janitor that's obviously pulling explanations out of his ass at his word.

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Natural occurrences that impact climate and weather patterns can’t be controlled. Humans can curb their behavior.  that’s why it’s up to us to not keep adding to the pollution that destroys our environment.  

we all know what you’re really trying to say

”see it’s volcanoes, not people impacting climate” in your universe it seems that all problems are caused by one thing only and not a variety of factors.  

How far do you want it curbed?

How many kwh did you burn up last month, compared to my 75?

14 hours ago, Commander McBelch said:

How far do you want it curbed?

How many kwh did you burn up last month, compared to my 75?

Individual responsibility is great but it’s huge corporations that do the most damage spewing garbage into our atmosphere and cutting down forests without a care in the world. They don’t look for dead standing trees. Just cut down wtf is in their way. 

as for what I do. Let’s see....I don’t personally have a car, so there’s one thing I’m not contributing to.  I’m flexitarian so my meat consumption is minimal. So there’s another thing I’m not contributing to. I don’t leave the AC, or tv, or any devices on for my pets, cuz I’m not an idiot, when I’m at work. I bet you use a lot more energy than you claim.  Your custodial job, all you do is fuck with chemicals that kills our environment and apparently your fuckin brain cells. 

besides none of this has anything to do with the reality of climate change. It’s about you attempting to say that man made climate change isn’t a thing because of volcanoes.  So please stop wandering aimlessly around your own empty head and come back to reality. 

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Also find it hilarious that you claim believers in climate change can’t think for themselves when meanwhile you listen to wtf your favorite right wing AM station tells you. 

The radio hosts don't tell me what to think.  They echo what I already know.

I listen for news events without the CNN spin.

Oh, and any pet you might have could die from heat stroke without ac.

Here, my monthly home energy audit has just arrived.

Screenshot_20210602-113935~2.png

Edited by Sofa King Kule

44 minutes ago, JehutyNinja said:

I mean, I imagine about the only thing that runs is a decrepit laptop and a coffee pot, maybe a television with tubes in it still

The fridge uses the most power here, the TV is a 32 flat, the laptop is brand new, the coffee is cold brew, the music runs on rechargeable batteries, the cooking appliances are the second biggest power guzzlers and I don't use irons or hair dryers.  

Edited by Sofa King Kule

3 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

The radio hosts don't tell me what to think.  They echo what I already know.

I listen for news events without the CNN spin.

Oh, and any pet you might have could die from heat stroke without ac.

Here, my monthly home energy audit has just arrived.

Screenshot_20210602-113935~2.png

You don’t know anything and your energy usage has nothing to do with human’s role in climate change, neither do volcanoes.   

15 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

You don’t know anything and your energy usage has nothing to do with human’s role in climate change, neither do volcanoes.   

Oh, but isn't the whole commie Democrat Marxist narrative revolving around the miniscule wisps of carbon dioxide produced by human activity being the direct cause of all the catastrophic climate change that's going render all life on Earth extinct by 2024 if I don't unplug my phone charger?

• D'oh 1

3 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Oh, but isn't the whole commie Democrat Marxist narrative revolving around the miniscule wisps of carbon dioxide produced by human activity being the direct cause of all the catastrophic climate change that's going render all life on Earth extinct by 2024 if I don't unplug my phone charger?

I read this like 6 times, and im still amazed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

No.  I posted a device that requires an external power source and converts the energy.

Still funny to say you know things because they are echoed by your choice of media. If you would like objective reporting about America read articles from BBC and Al Jazeera. Especially BBC, they face severe government penalties for including editorial in news. 

50 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Still funny to say you know things because they are echoed by your choice of media. If you would like objective reporting about America read articles from BBC and Al Jazeera. Especially BBC, they face severe government penalties for including editorial in news. 

giphy (2).gif

16 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Wow, and yet you say Tucker Carlson and your right wing radio doesn’t tell you what to think and say as you hit every conservative buzzword ever 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sofa King Kule said:

No, I don't.  He's not included in my local station playlist.  

You're really looking for people like Jimmy Failla.

So you consider yourself well informed but only listen to local stations from your playlist?

Do you poke holes in your clothes too

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

So you consider yourself well informed but only listen to local stations from your playlist?

Do you poke holes in your clothes too

It's better than listening to a wholely owned government mouthpiece who pretends to tell me what governments do.