UnevenEdge

Have you ever heard this horror story?

Sofa King Kule

18 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

If that 2% is fact, why can't the government just stop finding it altogether and let it be self sustaining?

It's not like they won't be able find other funding to replace it, right?  I mean, they're all highly credentialed geniuses running those two white elephants.

Google it and find out.  None of that 2% is direct funding, so, logically, that means whatever the government is paying is for specific projects rather than general overhead funding.

Just now, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Because America has been working to slowly become a communist nation through supporting citizens having the ability to speak their mind on the public airwaves. What do you think CSPAN is?

Cspan?  Just another network I don't watch.

So, the rule stands.  NPR and PBS can't exist or sustain themselves without Daddy Gov.  

And, let me see the local bar owner in my neighborhood start her own program there.  Then, I might start believing that it's public access.  This bar owner can fill two hours, every night, just talking about the real business angle of that little pub.

Just now, scoobdog said:

Google it and find out.  None of that 2% is direct funding, so, logically, that means whatever the government is paying is for specific projects rather than general overhead funding.

Those two should try to find another source to fund their projects and overhead.

Just now, Sofa King Kule said:

Those two should try to find another source to fund their projects and overhead.

It's like you don't know how to read.  Try again sport....

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

None of that 2% is direct funding, so, logically, that means whatever the government is paying is for specific projects rather than general overhead funding.

So if the government doesn't fund a project that means....

(A) It doesn't get made or 

(B) It doesn't get made.

7 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Cspan?  Just another network I don't watch.

So, the rule stands.  NPR and PBS can't exist or sustain themselves without Daddy Gov.  

And, let me see the local bar owner in my neighborhood start her own program there.  Then, I might start believing that it's public access.  This bar owner can fill two hours, every night, just talking about the real business angle of that little pub.

Actually PBS and public access studios were largely funded by cable and television providers until they lobbied for the government to not make them do that. And that's why local public access disappeared in the mid 90's.

And has your local bar owner tried to get a show on NPR? Have they tried to find out if public radio's mission statement involves a bar owner telling stories about drunk people two hours a night?

Sounds like common public radio broadcasting...

9 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Actually PBS and public access studios were largely funded by cable and television providers until they lobbied for the government to not make them do that. And that's why local public access disappeared in the mid 90's.

And has your local bar owner tried to get a show on NPR? Have they tried to find out if public radio's mission statement involves a bar owner telling stories about drunk people two hours a night?

Sounds like common public radio broadcasting...

Anecdotes about drunks aside, she can fill an encyclopedia set with the business administration involved with just keeping the front door open and the lights on.

1 minute ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Anecdotes about drunks aside, she can fill an encyclopedia set with the business administration involved with just keeping the front door open and the lights on.

So then why doesn't she try? Is it because she doesn't want to work on a public radio station for meager or no pay? Why isn't this dynamic human being out there tearing up the airwaves with all of her accounting and bookmaking info? Sounds like she could pull an easy 230 spot to help insomniacs fall asleep with the radio on.

6 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

So then why doesn't she try? Is it because she doesn't want to work on a public radio station for meager or no pay? Why isn't this dynamic human being out there tearing up the airwaves with all of her accounting and bookmaking info? Sounds like she could pull an easy 230 spot to help insomniacs fall asleep with the radio on.

The two public access broadcasters are not at all interested in anything business related.

They'd rather prop up a second rate guitarist who never has any original material.

Just now, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

And how do you know any of this when you said you don't listen to public radio?

Channel surfing.

The real radio station here used to preempt regular programming every time the Flyers were playing.  They lost my listenership during those hours.  Where did I go?  Tv, internet... Back to the radio...

"The Hell is this?  Boring as a radio mime hour... Oh, it's NPR.  Next station..."

2 hours ago, BlackNoir said:

LOL, and this guy....I swear i just don't get how you proudly vie in the silliest shit ever spoken.

The 25 to 40 percent portion of the bell curve has had it and they're ready to let us know they're out there, and tons of idiots out there agree with them. 15 percent of America is a lot you guuyyyysssss. There's a lot of them on that there internet, and we're gonna find out about them, yes sir. 

There's no way all of this irrational behavior will alienate people. MTG, totally presidential material. You can see it in her crazy eyes and the frown lines aging put on her face. 

But I'm getting off topic here. This thread has been a demonstration of Packard's stupidity, right? Like performance art? Like when he feels this thread is complete he's gonna use his cum as adhesive to attach a printout of this thread to his wall or something.

14 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

But I'm getting off topic here. This thread has been a demonstration of Packard's stupidity, right? Like performance art? Like when he feels this thread is complete he's gonna use his cum as adhesive to attach a printout of this thread to his wall or something.

They all are, but since he's agreed to make his threads in FFA, I don't have an issue with it.....

Well, technically, I can't.

• Haha 1