UnevenEdge

Have you ever heard this horror story?

Sofa King Kule

4 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Same reason a guy might stop being an auto mechanic and buy into a towing company.  

People don't become comedians "just because." It's because they have a passion for making people laugh, and was a dream of theirs. If they were successful at it, they'd keep it up instead of moving on to something else.

Just now, Sofa King Kule said:

Why not?

I mean, if I decide to quit my job today and go to work in a traveling Renaissance fair, does make me a failure or just somebody who wants a radical change of venue?

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

People don't become comedians "just because." It's because they have a passion for making people laugh, and was a dream of theirs. If they were successful at it, they'd keep it up instead of moving on to something else.

I'm sure when you were a kid you had dreams of becoming a life-long janitor.

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

He was also a taxi driver.  Does that mean he once had a "passion" for sitting in a traffic jam with some drunk who pissed himself in the back seat?

• D'oh 1

1 minute ago, Sofa King Kule said:

He was also a taxi driver.  Does that mean he once had a "passion" for sitting in a traffic jam with some drunk who pissed himself in the back seat?

7 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You're doing this on purpose aren't you? If you play dumb on this again I'm ignoring you.

2 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

I wanted to be an interstate trucker.

Sorry that I didn't have eighty grand to buy the truck.

Not that I have any knowledge of the trucking business but I have a heard time believing you're responsible for buying your own semi.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

6 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Why not?

I mean, if I decide to quit my job today and go to work in a traveling Renaissance fair, does make me a failure or just somebody who wants a radical change of venue?

You're trading one unskilled job for the next.  You would be a failure even if you stayed as a janitor.

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Not that I have any knowledge of the trucking business but I have a heard time believing you're responsible for buying your own semi.

Many truckers are owner/operator.

Sometimes, it's more lucrative than waiting months on end for a fleet owner to offer you a gig.

26 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

What fucking year is this

Back when I was a kid, I was dazzled by movies like, "Smokey and the Bandit" and "Convoy".  That, and some of those musical truckers who recorded albums.

But, I can be reasonable.  I went to where the truckers are found and got the whole truth from them.  It's not glamorous, it's not all fun and games and if you're not careful, you'll be broke and unemployed.

Besides, wtf do I really know about repairing an engine?

Edited by Sofa King Kule

Just now, Sofa King Kule said:

No.  It accepts donations, but the government owns it.

No, the government is required to give a subsidy that allows average citizens to get on the airwaves. The same reason television has public broadcasting stations and public access television. Is public access government owned?

1 minute ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

No, the government is required to give a subsidy that allows average citizens to get on the airwaves. The same reason television has public broadcasting stations and public access television. Is public access government owned?

I’m pullin for ya, but you better have time on your hands if you think you’re gonna get this shitbag to admit he is wrong.

1 minute ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Since when does anyone in "the public" have access to it?

The closest I've seen to that was when a local karate instructor was a guest on a show.

2 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

I’m pullin for ya, but you better have time on your hands if you think you’re gonna get this shitbag to admit he is wrong.

I don't unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Since when does anyone in "the public" have access to it?

The closest I've seen to that was when a local karate instructor was a guest on a show.

Found on a google search immediately. You think you can be on NPR?  Their suggestion is to try.

7 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

No.  It accepts donations, but the government owns it.

No, NPR is not owned by the US Government.  It's a non-profit entity similar to PBS, that gets part of its funding from the government indirectly.

You can't even google a trash can, so how could anyone expect you to google something this complicated?

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

No, NPR is not owned by the US Government.  It's a non-profit entity similar to PBS, that gets part of its funding from the government indirectly.

You can't even google a trash can, so how could anyone expect you to google something this complicated?

Take away the government funding from both entities and they will wither on the vine.

Not enough bored hause fraus donating their laundry money to keep "This Old House" showing for another six months.

You must have missed all controversy a few years ago, when a proposal to remove funding was on the table.

5 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Take away the government funding from both entities and they will wither on the vine.

Not enough bored hause fraus donating their laundry money to keep "This Old House" showing for another six months.

You must have missed all controversy a few years ago, when a proposal to remove funding was on the table.

You mean in the '80s?

Also, public funds make an estimated 2% of NPR's intake.

2 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

WHAT PART OF 2% FUNDING DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH?!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sawdamizer said:

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

WHAT PART OF 2% FUNDING DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH?!!!!!!If

If that 2% is fact, why can't the government just stop finding it altogether and let it be self sustaining?

It's not like they won't be able find other funding to replace it, right?  I mean, they're all highly credentialed geniuses running those two white elephants.

11 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

If that 2% is fact, why can't the government just stop finding it altogether and let it be self sustaining?

Because America has been working to slowly become a communist nation through supporting citizens having the ability to speak their mind on the public airwaves. What do you think CSPAN is?