UnevenEdge

Dudes who don't flush the urinal

Kudasai

It's starting to become my pet peeve at work. It's like every time I walk into the bathroom I keep getting hit in the face with the pungent aroma of urine all because some dickhead who fucking the urinal after using it >:(

You must love those waterless urinals.....

You must love those waterless urinals.....

Whoever invented the waterless urinal didn't stop and think it through.  Part of urine is a water soluble gel.  When there's no water, the gel sticks to the walls of the urinal and emits a strong odor in less then an hour.  That means the urinal has to be cleaned every fifteen minutes when you want no smell.  They tried installing them at work and the lousy things were quite literally met with hammers after a week.  Somebody just didn't want to clean them.  Of course, the destruction was blamed on vandals from outside.

Whoever invented the waterless urinal didn't stop and think it through.  Part of urine is a water soluble gel.  When there's no water, the gel sticks to the walls of the urinal and emits a strong odor in less then an hour.  That means the urinal has to be cleaned every fifteen minutes when you want no smell.  They tried installing them at work and the lousy things were quite literally met with hammers after a week.  Somebody just didn't want to clean them.  Of course, the destruction was blamed on vandals from outside.

I finally concede to your expertise on a subject.

and thats why we have the motion sensored ones

Motion sensors are good on urinals.  But, did you ever put the sanitary seat paper on a toilet and then have the motion sensor flush it away before you sit?  There's an easy fix for that, but most people who install them don't take advantage of it.  Set an eight second time delay before the flush.  Yes, the sensors can be programmed in most instances.

You must have some really low cost waterless units.  The ones installed in Staples Center handle thousands of men in the course of a game and they don't give off that kind of odor, but I've heard it does happen with cheaper units.  The big problem with the better units is that they aren't maintained properly.

You must have some really low cost waterless units.  The ones installed in Staples Center handle thousands of men in the course of a game and they don't give off that kind of odor, but I've heard it does happen with cheaper units.  The big problem with the better units is that they aren't maintained properly.

well if they are using urinal pucks then they wouldn't be smelling anything

well if they are using urinal pucks then they wouldn't be smelling anything

You don't use urinal cakes with a waterless unit.  Waterless units have cartridges at the bottom that need to be replaced periodically and that handle the odor of urine.

For a second I thought you were talking about fuggs.

Yup we used to have it flushing from an extremely hot water tankless

It would burn so badly

Was wonderful during the winter until your dick nearly gets burnt

THat sounds like a waste of hot water.  I mean, if you need to shower your dick from the urinal flush, you might be doing things wrong.

THat sounds like a waste of hot water.  I mean, if you need to shower your dick from the urinal flush, you might be doing things wrong.

No it was an auto mechanic shop

It was a timed sanitary cleaning every 45 minutes it would flush hot water for 5 minutes straight

Ours autoflush at work, but I'm usually the first one there in the morning and the stench from what was left behind after the last flush the day before is horrible, so it could just be an incomplete flush.

Even worse is when they don't flush the can and they were the last person in there the day before.  Half the time, it looks like they used an entire roll of tp as well, so you just know that if you flush it, it's gonna clog.

Then there's the "unmanned firehose effect" - urine on the top of the urinal...or the large puddle underneath...wtf?

Ours autoflush at work, but I'm usually the first one there in the morning and the stench from what was left behind after the last flush the day before is horrible, so it could just be an incomplete flush.

Even worse is when they don't flush the can and they were the last person in there the day before.  Half the time, it looks like they used an entire roll of tp as well, so you just know that if you flush it, it's gonna clog.

Then there's the "unmanned firehose effect" - urine on the top of the urinal...or the large puddle underneath...wtf?

You don't clean the restrooms at close?

You don't clean the restrooms at close?

Techically, being a Corp HQ, the place never closes.  They have a service (Aramark) that does all the cleaning.  There's 7 interconnected buildings, with 3 to 6 stories, they do all that stuff on a schedule, hitting the restrooms twice a day.