UnevenEdge

How many of us have had covid now?

bnmjy

Have you tested positive for covid?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tested positive for covid?

• yes
    • no

To my knowledge I have not had it

That being said I quit pretty much all Human Contact around March.  When I do go in Public I wear a mask and have a metric shit ton of hand sanitizer on me and use it after every interaction with peeps

When I get home I use Lysol wipes on all the shit I just bought, then wipe down anything I touched, then I wash my hands

• Like 1

Meh, might get another test today....I don't think it's covid as I have none of the normal symptoms but I have a monster of a  sore throat so I'm thinking strep since one of the guys had it a few weeks back.  or it very well could have come from the school since Neff says 12 kids were quarantined this week.

Might make preparations over this break just to homeschool them for the second semester.

But so far, nah...no covid.

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i got sick really bad in december of last year that i am now suspecting that it could have been covid but never been tested. it was the worst i've ever gotten sick and i had many of the covid symptoms including the dry cough. it was probably just the normal flu but i'll never know. 

It probably was just the flu. I got sick around the same time last year, and for a while I thought it was corona because of the severity. When I tested positive for covid, the illness was significantly milder, more like a bad cold than the flu. Of course, it affects everyone differently, and I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the illness. I just thought it was gonna be a worse experience.

whole house was sick with the main symptoms back in feb, but nobody was getting tested for covid at that time. we tested one of the boys for other viral things because he carried his fever for a whole week, but it came back negative for everything. "some viral bug going around" is all the doctors would say. 🤷‍♂️

i've tested negative maybe a dozen times since then. going in to donate blood next week, and they'll do an antibody test with that. maybe that will uncover something.

3 hours ago, renjifan said:

Yep. I had it in April and was super sick. Down for 3 weeks and on the verge of hospitalization. It was rough...

Yes, I was gonna summon you, but I thought it to be rude.

My brother had it, and his only symptom was diarrhea, lol

• Like 1

Havent been tested in a while, but seeing as the human hive mind seems to think they need to conglomerate outside a rapid testing center at least once a week to be tested my rationale has been that's not really a safe place to be at all unless you are experiencing some of the symptoms.. When I went to get my unlrelated medical issue looked at the tech doing it said he'd just checked out for being non contagious, but he'd most likely contracted covid there at work because that clinic is the place I'm talking about where everybody seems to build up.. He more or less said something like "Now go run! Get the fuck out of here before you get it too." after he was done with my appointment. :|

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

16 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Yes, I was gonna summon you, but I thought it to be rude.

My brother had it, and his only symptom was diarrhea, lol

Aww! Well thank you, but I wouldn’t have minded! I’ve been pretty open about it here with you guys. But I appreciate that! ☺️

Oh no! Of all the symptoms he could have got... 😂

On 12/17/2020 at 8:19 AM, bnmjy said:

It probably was just the flu. I got sick around the same time last year, and for a while I thought it was corona because of the severity. When I tested positive for covid, the illness was significantly milder, more like a bad cold than the flu. Of course, it affects everyone differently, and I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the illness. I just thought it was gonna be a worse experience.

the flu was extra nasty last year, a lot of people got hit hard. it just makes me wonder with the timing if it may have been covid. with reports now saying that it was probably going around earlier than suspected. but youre probably right, it was most likely the flu. i even made a thread about me possibly getting sick but symptoms were gone in 2-3 days. 

• Like 1